NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 19 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:24 pm

Shoeys only became widely popular after Daniel Ricciardo did one, that was the main trigger for putting it into popular consciousness . Prior to that it wasn't something I think most people knew about.

And there are a million traditions for all countries that have some or part of their roots somewhere else.
    Who cares if a song was written by someone else if it has been iconically performed by an Aussie

Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 19 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Post by Aardvark Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:28 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Shoeys only became widely popular after Daniel Ricciardo did one, that was the main trigger for putting it into popular consciousness . Prior to that it wasn't something I think most people knew about.

And there are a million traditions for all countries that have some or part of their roots somewhere else.
    Who cares if a song was written by someone else if it has been iconically performed by an Aussie

Maybe only me!

Just indulging some pantomime fist shaking in the pre Team lists lull....it's the best time as it gets swallowed up pretty quickly.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:29 pm

Well for everyone who logs on later tonight, they can wade through multiple pages on colourful fruity shoes before getting on to actual fantasy discussion
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:31 pm

Only in my fantasy world would the following take place. Kini scores 19 points, round 1. He’s not gonna make as much cash as we hoped. Ok whatever. The plan is to then swap Kris with Burbo and then Kris with Kini. But, Kris suffers an injury at training and won’t be available for round 2. Lucky for us, we knew early enough to backtrack on bringing in May, however, we only have enough cash to get a Sean Russell, unless we find the funds to get up to a player from Kiraz upwards. If it was that route to be taken, which mid/edge are we least confident?

Here’s the real kicker to all of this….Seibold not only decides to name Schuster in the round 2 squad, but then completely bends us all over by deciding he should be the one to start him over Burbo because he feels that Josh will provide that x factorness that Ben cannot.

Ok. Awake from my dream. I’m all good. Ready for tlt and a couple of wrong decisions.
    Tigs
    Tigs

Post by Tigs Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:37 pm

Storm giant Nelson Asofa-Solomona is a shock withdrawal from his side’s round one match against premiers Penrith at AAMI Park.

Asofa-Solomona will be formally overlooked for the Storm’s extended squad, which will be announced on Tuesday afternoon, due to a hamstring injury.

If his injury improves over the later part of the week, Asofa-Solomona may play for Melbourne’s feeder, Sunshine Coast Falcons, in the Queensland Cup this weekend. (Telegraph)
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:41 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

He's Inner Brisbane.

Half expected you to post his address here

I was professional and PM'd Random his address, along with photos from my private collection of his front yard to make it easier to find.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:42 pm

Tigs wrote:Storm giant Nelson Asofa-Solomona is a shock withdrawal from his side’s round one match against premiers Penrith at AAMI Park.

Asofa-Solomona will be formally overlooked for the Storm’s extended squad, which will be announced on Tuesday afternoon, due to a hamstring injury.

If his injury improves over the later part of the week, Asofa-Solomona may play for Melbourne’s feeder, Sunshine Coast Falcons, in the Queensland Cup this weekend. (Telegraph)

SHOCK!!!

FORMALLY OVERLOOKEDD!!!!

minor injury
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:44 pm

So, will Kaeo Weekes be informally or formally overlooked this afternoon when he isn't named?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:45 pm

my tv broke wrote:
    mattnz wrote:

Had a 72 tackle game at 18 years of age

i love a flopper

Speaking of which, good luck on your date.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:46 pm

I thought it was Tuivasa who got the shoey going on the world stage

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:47 pm

On the subject of colours.

Ginger head Immortal Nominations

Vautin
    Tongue
    Horsburgh
    Galloway
    Graham
    Napa
    Dallas
    McKinnon

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:48 pm

Aardvark wrote:On a completely random note when the fuck did a shoey become an 'Australian tradition'? Just read about Kylie Minogue being strong armed into doing one as it was "the Aussie' thing to do.

I managed to be Australian & drink to excess in a wide variety of situations and locations without ever encountering it until about 10 years ago. People skulled pots, schooners, midis, cans, yard glasses etc and I'm sure the occasional person drank from their shoe but a much loved Australian tradition?

Is this like that thing where 'You're the Voice' and 'Horses' (two songs written by a Pom and a Yank respectively) become Aussie anthems?

Yeah I reckon I went pretty hard until about 10 years ago and never saw it, or even heard of it. It was Dan Riccardo's fault, now apparently we all drink out of our boots.

I feel like You're the Voice was always a bit of a bogan anthem. Horses was like a popular song in about 1989 that then inexplicably became popular again about 25 years later. My preferred American cover song to become an Aussie anthem would be Torn tbh.
    Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:50 pm

Tigs wrote:Storm giant Nelson Asofa-Solomona is a shock withdrawal from his side’s round one match against premiers Penrith at AAMI Park.

I'm loving the live reporting
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:51 pm

Tigs wrote:

Reuben Garrick is sweet In Love
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:52 pm

BaldShitTruck wrote:On the subject of colours.

Vautin
    Tongue
    Horsburgh
    Galloway
    Graham
    Napa
    Dallas
    McKinnon

Vautin maybe not the best but definitely the most iconic based on post-footy media career as well. And was actually really good at footy too.

James Graham the best on that list. Is Ponga ranga? Phil Gould the coach.
    Tigs
    Tigs

Post by Tigs Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:54 pm

Star five-eighth Cameron Munster remains in some doubt for the Panthers game after re-aggravating a groin injury.

Munster was training on Tuesday with Storm officials hopeful he will take on the Panthers.

He didn’t undergo full training Monday.
    Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:55 pm

Vautin
    Tongue
    Horsburgh
    Galloway
    Graham
    Napa
    Dallas
    McKinnon

Not a bad list. Missed Thompson and Monaghan. I didn't mind Wallace either, and as tragic as McKinnon is surely he doesn't make this list
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:57 pm

Vautin
    Tongue
    Horsburgh
    Galloway
    Graham
    Napa
    Dallas
    McKinnon

Brad Meyers???
    Tigs
    Tigs

Post by Tigs Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:59 pm

Strange gets the 6 jersey. Levi 9. Smithies 13
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:00 pm

JOE CHAN starting. Blore not even in the 17

Last edited by my tv broke on Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:03 am