NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 41 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:33 am

Team tracker updated with my latest variation

Big points involve moving on from Fogarty, no backup hooker and super cheap at the back
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 41 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:39 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:

All this math talk and stats and data is getting me nervous on Smithies.
    Let's play the thumbs up / thumbs down game.

TU > Smithies
    TD > Luki  (+$20k ITB)

Will be playing Smithies as an Edge.

Cheers.

I've changed Luki to Hosking if that helps
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:42 am

Just thinking about throwing Api in the team now but what's with the really low trial scores while goal kicking. 23 and 14pts Jesus! Just seen 9 missed tackles second game
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:44 am

Loomer wrote:

I've changed Luki to Hosking if that helps

At $564k that's a little too steep. It would muck up the rest of my team balance.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:55 am

Hosking does seem like an easy way to get 55+ scores for a few weeks.. hmm

Already wanting to run kini/burbo + theres the uncertainty around sitili/wongy.. do i need to add another early trade..

Last edited by my tv broke on Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:55 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:

At $564k that's a little too steep. It would muck up the rest of my team balance.

I think I have to go back to Luki or forced into some poor job security players
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:58 am

Loomer wrote:Just thinking about throwing Api in the team now but what's with the really low trial scores while goal kicking. 23 and 14pts Jesus! Just seen 9 missed tackles second game

It's him or Hosking for me.

Averaged 6 MT's a game last year so not that out of the ordinary, it will happen in that team. Value there regardless.

The question raised here previously was whether there will be a bench utility but I think that generally only has an impact if the game is a blowout (potentially a high possibility most weeks).

My rd1 bench looks shithouse with Koro as a red dot there.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:08 am

manlybeaver wrote:My clearyless team

Mahoney
    Haas Murray sitili
    Piakura wong
    Fog sos
    Kiraz burbo
    May paps kris

Smithie lukie hutchson Garner

Salmon kini strange chan

Scared shitless not having clearly just like the versitily this team gives me

Not having Cleary surprises me less than not having Hynes either.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:12 am

Shady2K wrote:No one on McInnes despite starting at 13? Don’t think he’ll still command 55-60 minutes? Could be cheaper alternative to Hopgood

Has been in and out of my team. Still not happy with any combination
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:13 am

Why are all the named players still yellow on the app. Makes filtering hard

Anyway, I'm currently at:

- do I believe in the gobbledok? Suddenly MID feels a bit shaky after assuming loads of options. Should have never "wow no Haas'd" my team

- is it too big-brained use Kris at CTR, see what Strange does, then potentially replace Kris? Or just get a decent CTR that plays this week? Or just play Strange straight up. Unfortunate that Kris plays too early to use as a bench loop

- Kini worth it? Not sure I'd even start him, could be 18th behind Salmon and Chan. 2 games is going to make everyone really sad, 3-4 probs ok.

- 6 Raiders like everyone else is LOL

- Surely there is a better 230-250k coin goat MID than Shoes? (there is not)
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:24 am

robelgordo wrote:Why are all the named players still yellow on the app. Makes filtering hard

- do I believe in the gobbledok? Suddenly MID feels a bit shaky after assuming loads of options. Should have never "wow no Haas'd" my team

- is it too big-brained use Kris at CTR, see what Strange does, then potentially replace Kris? Or just get a decent CTR that plays this week? Or just play Strange straight up. Unfortunate that Kris plays too early to use as a bench loop

- Kini worth it? Not sure I'd even start him, could be 18th behind Salmon and Chan. 2 games is going to make everyone really sad, 3-4 probs ok.

You can’t see how Strange scores and then replace Kris as they lockout at the same time

So yes it is too big brained
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:26 am

Camo123 wrote:

You can’t see how Strange scores and then replace Kris as they lockout at the same time

So yes it is too big brained

Yeah I’m dumb, meant would get another CTR in 18-20
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:29 am

my tv broke wrote:Hosking does seem like an easy way to get 55+ scores for a few weeks.. hmm

Already wanting to run kini/burbo + theres the uncertainty around sitili/wongy.. do i need to add another early trade..

The question for guys like thus is how good will there scoring be above price, and how long will they be good for

Hosking is at least expensive enough you have a lot of options if you need to move him on.

if Campbell comes back in round 3, what can you do with Kini?

Plus what happens if 3 of your short term guys need to be traded out in the same week, especially if you also have to balance that with trading out outright duds. End up with a couple of players in your team who you don't want to be there.

Having a couple of short termers is fine, but I'm wary of going overboard

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:31 am

robelgordo wrote:Why are all the named players still yellow on the app. Makes filtering hard

If you have no Haas, and have MID envy just grab Hopgood, or if you feel like a little risk, get Tohu.
    There are tonnes of midrangers around but probably worth splashing the cash on someone
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:32 am

Milchcow wrote:

The question for guys like thus is how good will there scoring be above price, and how long will they be good for

Hosking is at least expensive enough you have a lot of options if you need to move him on.

if Campbell comes back in round 3, what can you do with Kini?

Plus what happens if 3 of your short term guys need to be traded out in the same week, especially if you also have to balance that with trading out outright duds. End up with a couple of players in your team who you don't want to be there.

Yep, looking at Kini, Burbo, Smithies, Hosking, all could be needing replacing around rounds 3-4
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:35 am

mattnz wrote:

Has been in and out of my team. Still not happy with any combination

I can do McInnes Flanno rather than Hopgood Cotric
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:35 am

I do feel rather smug with Haas in my team. Plenty of good options though, Hoppo and Harris as guns, Probably half of Elliott, Smithie, Cotter, Flegler, Curran, Lolo, JSaifiti do well. It's just picking the right ones/ones.

I'm reluctant to play Strange straight up. If you're playing him, gosh your cover must be bad. Looping with Kris not terrible. But given the question marks over Kini, Burbo, Cotric etc I'd pick someone with good job security who has a chance to score well. I've gone Kiraz. Niu an option. but yeah Kris not a terrible option. Wait, you can't replace Kris after Strange has played, they play at the same time!

In the absence of other cheapies, worth a punt. but have a get out again plan

5 for me, but not the least bit concerned, most will be punted by their bye.

If someone finds one, let me know please
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:37 am

Current thinking with $153k, which I’ll call my Kini exit funds.

Cheese
    Haas, Tupouniua, Tatola
    Wong, Piakura
    Cleary, Fogs
    Strange, Kris
    Kini, Papenhuyzen, Rapana

Hoppy, Cotter, Salmon, Chan
    Flanno, Levi, Burbo, Bostock

Still unsure if I slow burn Flanagan or hope that Hutchinson can score mid to upper 30s and hold his place in the team.

Last nights prior to bed team had Smithies, Kiraz, & Suli in place of Hopgood, Kini, & Bostock, but only $11k, but what ultimately made me change this morning was can Suli get close to a 40+ average and what does Smithies minutes looking like when Horse returns?

It’s not quite clear as to what is the correct call.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:38 am

Milchcow wrote:

Yeah same. I've got Smithies and Kini. Question marks over Burbo, Sitilli, Cotric.

I'd be interested in Hosking, but too much risk and locking in early trades for mine.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:42 am

I'm gambling on Kini getting at least 3 games.
    Then, he gets flipped to the cheap Tigers half.
    Will be cooling heals in 18-21 hoping he makes some cash.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:00 am