NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:22 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Probably should be removed.

The criteria for awarding them seems quite opaque at times, and I think they generate more confusion than any other fantasy stat.

I don't generally comment on individual stats during a game because although I keep an eye on fantasy scores during play, I generally just look at score totals, and don't keep a close eye on stat breakdown

I try to abstain from checking fantasy score when watching games, maybe a quick peek at half-time. Checking scores can lead to a lot of frustration, which takes away from the enjoyment of the game.
    I think you need to have a "you win some and you lose some" when it comes to the interpretation of how stats get scored, because they do make mistakes aplenty
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:26 pm

I don’t trust Robson either, but is Cotter + Robson the better option than Hopgood and any shit mid range HOK! I already captained Haas!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:29 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:I don’t trust Robson either, but is Cotter + Robson the better option than Hopgood and any shit mid range HOK! I already captained Haas!

The big advantage of Robson (or any non origin cowboy) is that they have no byes until r16, so as long as he's not injured, he can just sit there doing his job, and let you worry about the rets of your team
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:30 pm

Milchcow wrote:

The criteria for awarding them seems quite opaque at times, and I think they generate more confusion than any other fantasy stat.

I don't generally comment on individual stats during a game because although I keep an eye on fantasy scores during play, I generally just look at score totals, and don't keep a close eye on stat breakdown

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore - Page 7 Accepted-we-have-a-deal
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:33 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    Does Rd 1 qualify as big game then?

His finals series and Origin games definitely qualify. 1st game as captain, probably.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:34 pm

It was BS tho
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:34 pm

Milchcow wrote:

The big advantage of Robson (or any non origin cowboy) is that they have no byes until r16, so as long as he's not injured, he can just sit there doing his job, and let you worry about the rets of your team

Not sure Robson is a non-Origin Cowboy, but I guess no byes until R13 is fine, and if he does get Origin then he's playing and probably scoring well, so that's fine too.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:38 pm

Chewie wrote:
    Milchcow wrote:

I try to abstain from checking fantasy score when watching games, maybe a quick peek at half-time. Checking scores can lead to a lot of frustration, which takes away from the enjoyment of the game.
    I think you need to have a "you win some and you lose some" when it comes to the interpretation of how stats get scored, because they do make mistakes aplenty

When did you of all wookies turn into such a soft cock?
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:40 pm

Just rewatched the Cowboys trial.

Lolo 27 points in 43 minutes.

The game was expansive, not all being played through the middle.

Lolo didn't look very explosive running the ball. The biggest concern was him constantly playing a ball playing lock role, receiving the ball and passing it on immediately. In previous seasons he would have just tucked the ball under his arm and run. Other times he was the dummy runner, with Granville not passing him the ball, every time they were on the Raiders line, when he could probably have scored.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:43 pm

Ando wrote:
    Mulvy wrote:

You had me at houses down...

Houses or trousers?

I resemble that.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:45 pm

mattnz wrote:Just rewatched the Cowboys trial.

Lolo 27 points in 43 minutes.

The game was expansive, not all being played through the middle.

Lolo didn't look very explosive running the ball. The biggest concern was him constantly playing a ball playing lock role, receiving the ball and passing it on immediately. In previous seasons he would have just tucked the ball under his arm and run. Other times he was the dummy runner, with Granville not passing him the ball, every time they were on the Raiders line, when he could probably have scored.

Lucky Robson is a smart dummy half and it was just s trial then, eh? Basketball
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:50 pm

Honeysett wrote:
    Chewie wrote:
    Milchcow wrote:

When did you of all wookies turn into such a soft cock?

I resemble that.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:56 pm

Been tossing between cotter and Elliot for my last mid spot. Ended up going with cotter because he should be funner to watch. You watch the cowboys and you know when he is on the field.
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:58 pm

When you look at Ponga back end of last year it's hard to not want to rip your team apart and get him

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:58 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:Been tossing

I resemble that.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:08 am

standard-issue wrote:

I resemble that.

Oh no, sshhhh. Everyone be really quiet. SI is lurking around with his fancy smancy multiple quotes.. thing.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:09 am

mattnz wrote:

His finals series and Origin games definitely qualify. 1st game as captain, probably.
    That’s good enough for me. He’s in!
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:10 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:Been tossing between cotter and Elliot for my last mid spot. Ended up going with cotter because he should be funner to watch. You watch the cowboys and you know when he is on the field.

Probably the best argument I've heard to separate the two.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:12 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:Been tossing between cotter and Elliot for my last mid spot. Ended up going with cotter because he should be funner to watch. You watch the cowboys and you know when he is on the field.

Elliot for 2022 raiders was also very fun to watch.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:12 am

Mulvy wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

I resemble that.

Oh no, sshhhh. Everyone be really quiet. SI is lurking around with his fancy smancy multiple quotes.. thing.

I resemble that.

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:08 pm