NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 10 - Not enough Raiders

THEGAME
    THEGAME

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 10 - Not enough Raiders - Page 19 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 10 - Not enough Raiders

Post by THEGAME Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:18 pm

THEGAME wrote:Regretting taking out Fog

👍Metcalf
    👎Flano

Would it change if it was

👍Metcalf
    👎Hutch
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 10 - Not enough Raiders - Page 19 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 10 - Not enough Raiders

Post by the_great_wobbler Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:19 pm

wolfking wrote:

Tatola ain't doing anything mate, fantasy dud, chop him.  Sitili at least when fit and gets the minutes can put something on the board.

This is my plan, Tatola to May and someone to Turbo, not sure who the someone is yet though.

Turbo probably dead in 3 weeks but in the meantime he just looks dangerous.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:20 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

i just sacrificed McInnes for Palasia so i could get a decent CtR so i do not have to play Strange/Cotric in the 17 on a regular basis. i am hoping that mcinnes shares minutes with finucane but I could certainly be wrong - and that would be bad for my team  

Whod ya grab

Im thinking i might cop the Penis.

Last edited by my tv broke on Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:20 pm

Snatchpato wrote:
    It’s not bad for your team, it’s good for ours that own him.

It’s much more fun to support others and support yourself, than support yourself but deathride others (not taking a shot at you specifically dolphin, just the concept)

I take your point - i guess hoping was the wrong word - i don't think that he will get the minutes - i was hoping he would which is why i had him in my team - i am not confident enough that he will - which is why is was the first option for a downgrade out of the few options that were left  Very Happy

i can remember first pitching the term life-ride and ironically had people in the forum death riding me for it Rolling Eyes

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:23 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Whod ya grab

Im thinking i might cop the Penis.

I actually took Sami for the DPP - he had a few games at CTR last year that reduced his scoring - it also let me upgrade Vifita to Salmon - I was also considering Brimson but he does not cover CTR

i think Sami is likely to be a big beneficiary of the new downtown rules - he loves a tackle break when he gets free space to cart the ball back and it should improve his run metres as well
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:25 pm

mattnz wrote:

I'm with you. Will be really strong through Origin period, when others competing for top spots are likely to struggle a bit. Should be the difference.

Every year I hear about Warriors through Origin period, hardly ever eventuates.
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:25 pm

Snatchpato wrote:
    It’s not bad for your team, it’s good for ours that own him.

It’s much more fun to support others and support yourself, than support yourself but deathride others (not taking a shot at you specifically dolphin, just the concept)

Nah you’re all dead to me and the only players allowed to score well are in my 17

Probably should have had some knights players..
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:25 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

I actually took Sami for the DPP - he had a few games at CTR last year that reduced his scoring - it also let me upgrade Vifita to Salmon  - I was also considering Brimson but he does not cover CTR

i think Sami is likely to be a big beneficiary of the new downtown rules - he loves a tackle break when he gets free space to cart the ball back and it should improve his run metres as well

ah nice, i dont mind sami and did consider him, but then i realised i didnt need two wfb's on a round 2 bye lol
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:32 pm

Who scores more points

Salmon - perhaps 40 minutes +/- 10 at LOCK - TU
    Russell - 80 minutes carting the ball back on the WING - TD
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:32 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:Ponga was one disallowed play from a tryless 60 in a terrible Knight performance, its going to be back to business once the Knights click a little.

True dat.
    But, before it clicks, the Knights will suffer from a few games like the one we saw last night.
    I'll be jumping on Ponga once he's dropped some cash.
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:32 pm

Cotter has an average base of around 5 less at Lock to Prop when playing over 50 minutes.

I`m not sure if I`m looking into this too deeply but 5 points is probably the difference between me getting Cotter and not.

Does anyone know of any correlation between lock vs prop and base statistics?

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:33 pm

the_great_wobbler wrote:

This is my plan, Tatola to May and someone to Turbo, not sure who the someone is yet though.

Turbo probably dead in 3 weeks but in the meantime he just looks dangerous.

I'm 100% the same plan as you mate
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:37 pm

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:

Nah you’re all dead to me and the only players allowed to score well are in my 17

Probably should have had some knights players..

This too - especially for a player that irks you that is not on your team

Personally, I love to watch Reece Walsh even when he is not on my team and i would never wish for a bad score from him even if it meant losing my h2H

On the other side - I think Cleary personally is worth death riding, but I would not think of it because he is my captain

horses for courses - sometimes other peoples fantasy teams doesn't even come into it
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:38 pm

The Goat Boys wrote:Cotter has an average base of around 5 less at Lock to Prop when playing over 50 minutes.

I`m not sure if I`m looking into this too deeply but 5 points is probably the difference between me getting Cotter and not.

Does anyone know of any correlation between lock vs prop and base statistics?

I was just looking at the bench makeup. Doesn't seem too bad for Cotter's minutes if the bench stays how it is.

You make a good point, looking now he actually averages 43 at lock and 30 at prop both with a try each. Hmm.......but he's played 60 minutes average at prop and 53 minutes at lock.....ahh.....
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:40 pm

wolfking wrote:

I was just looking at the bench makeup.  Doesn't seem too bad for Cotter's minutes if the bench stays how it is.

You make a good point, looking now he actually averages 43 at lock and 30 at prop both with a try each.  Hmm.......but he's played 60 minutes average at prop and 53 minutes at lock.....ahh.....

It`s a tough one I can see him averaging all the way from 43-53. Probably only want him if it`s 50+
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:40 pm

When cotter was playing 'prop' wasnt he really just lock but lolo wanted to wear the 13 jersey or some shit.

I dont feel like his game was any different regardless of where named.

All the cows were down last year tho.. cotter.. robson.. lolo.. not sure what to make of it. Im not super confident in the cows being a good team again either.. seem like theyre slipping atm
    Yet again out of trades

Post by Yet again out of trades Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:41 pm

Tbh fog scored well but have question marks on how well raiders will play for the year and he got a couple of try assists that won't come every game I watching live I thought he would have scored better.
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:42 pm

my tv broke wrote:When cotter was playing 'prop' wasnt he really just lock but lolo wanted to wear the 13 jersey or some shit.

All the cows were down last year tho.. cotter.. robson.. lolo.. not sure what to make of it. Im not super confident in the cows being  a good team again either.. seem like theyre slipping atm

Cheers for that, I didn`t know that was the case.

Makes me more confident in using his stats as a whole.

The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:43 pm

White Lightning wrote:i think the problem with speech on this forum is there are 2 groups of people
    (a) younger posters who are sensitive & watchful with the language they use &
    (b) older posters who are set in their ways & don't care who they offend & they tell it like they see it

for example say a woman with a weight problem asks you "do i look fat in this dress"
    group (a) will lie to her to make her feel better & say "no you look great"
    group (b) will tell her the truth & say "yes"

WL, I think you nailed this one.

As a Gen X bloke, I'm not about to crack it and throw a tantrum if someone writes something (or IRL) says something that rubs me the wrong way. I was brought up to believe that if something pushes your buttons, either say something, sort it out and move on or recognise that it probably has more to do with your own stuff than the other person's views.

That said, I also recognise that as a white Australian male, I've never suffered real harassment or mistreatment in my life. I've been called all sorts of things, but none of them were racist nor sexist, so I don't have the right to tell someone else that their feelings aren't important is they feel offended about something.

Back to the footy.
    Hudson Young.
    How many weeks do we think he should get for the late, high shot on Ponga?
    I'd like to see that young-thug sidelined for 2 weeks.
    Flip Off
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:44 pm

my tv broke wrote:When cotter was playing 'prop' wasnt he really just lock but lolo wanted to wear the 13 jersey or some shit.

All the cows were down last year tho.. cotter.. robson.. lolo.. not sure what to make of it. Im not super confident in the cows being  a good team again either.. seem like theyre slipping atm

Was saying the other day that 2022 when they made prelim was an outlier. They all had career years and last year likely the norm for the Cows

Just my early take

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:53 am