NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 10 - Not enough Raiders

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 10 - Not enough Raiders - Page 11 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 10 - Not enough Raiders

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:18 am

I don't have huge expectations for Chan this week. He'll be next to Pezet not Munster and they'll both be targeted by the Cleary/Martin/Tago/To'o edge which is the best in the competition.

Think he'll be fine long-term though. Bellamy has picked him for a reason and Melbourne edges tend to play 80.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 10 - Not enough Raiders - Page 11 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 10 - Not enough Raiders

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:20 am

mattnz wrote:

There are 2 scenarios that could have happened next week:
    1. Whyte plays or
    2. Leniu plays

Everyone already knew JWH was returning. This is the only change from what was expected to happen, that was frightening people off getting May.

there are more than just two scenarios in a robbo team list.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:23 am

my tv broke wrote:

i am certainly no expert, but my experience of watching a fair bit of Easts/Brisbane Tigers live, it is a mix and match of players every week that don't get a lot of training together. The team lists are different every week, the NRL players come back in and play without even having a training session together. A lot of the local players are part time footballers that work jobs full time. There's not a lot of fluidness about a lot of it, you get the little combo's from players who are there every week but a lot of the time an NRL squad player comes in and they just look a bit out of sorts. There's a lot of solo efforts in reserve grade.

its probably not the same for every team, brisbane tigers probably have it worse than others being a Storm feeder, but there were weeks where even the local players changed by like 6 or 7 players in the team week to week.

i remember Tino played a season for the Tigers and watching him live, he was a huge kid but there wasnt anything special to me about how he went on the field.

Reserve grade teams play like the Wests Tigers confirmed

That's good to know though, I always suspect that RG stats vs NRL stats is not in anyway comparing apples with apples - some players will thrive at both levels, some won't, and equally some might do better at NRL level (or at Cup level)

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:27 am

Aardvark wrote:

Thanks, saw that post before but you’ve saved me a retort! Great reply.

Also coach a U12 girls soccer team and the casual sexism they encounter all the time is really stark.

My boy is in a u8 mixed team coached by one of the mums. She coaches u11 girls too with her older daughter because they play on Sunday so she can do both . Used to coach mixed u6-u10 before the girls split off. Still plays over 35s and captain coaches that team as well. Has done a bunch of courses, was named coach of the year for the entire club with over 2000 registered players last season

Last week a dad whose boy is new to the team said to her “I’ve been teaching Billy to kick with his left foot too”

She said, “that’s good Billy, show me”

Instead of Billy having a kick the dad goes “well I get him to stand like this…”

As an aside since the split in the u11s I’m now coaching u11 boys by default 😳
    jackorot23
    jackorot23

Post by jackorot23 Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:31 am

last spot in the team
    TU: Shoes & 164K ITB
    TD: Tuaupiki & 26K ITB
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:36 am

easytiger wrote:

Reserve grade teams play like the Wests Tigers confirmed

That's good to know though, I always suspect that RG stats vs NRL stats is not in anyway comparing apples with apples - some players will thrive at both levels, some won't, and equally some might do better at NRL level (or at Cup level)

Even when there’s continuity it’s a big step up and probably getting bigger every season

Used to watch the Newtown Jets quite a bit, pre-COVID, go less now and when I do don’t actually watch much due to kids. But have seen some players that are considered very average first graders dominate eg Dan Mortimer as a half. Slower pace so more time to play football/make decisions plus less rigour on defence
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:37 am

I'm coaching U11 boys this year too. Had them all the way since U6s. Good watching them progress from being totally aimless on the pitch to playing stuff that actually looks like soccer.

Biggest issue is every year we lose our best players to the dev squad. We're losing 3 of our best players from last year coming into this season (but fortunately we do get 1 back) My son is one of just 2 who have played every season with the team.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:40 am

On the subject...

Does anyone else have a wife/partner who plays Fantasy?

Mine does, my main objective this season is first and foremost not to finish behind her.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:42 am

My neice is 11 and a gun cricketer, absolutely loves it, being picked for rep teams etc. Who knows what's in her future, but its awesome that there is a legit pathway to doing sports professionally for girls now that they can aim for.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:43 am

BaldShitTruck wrote:On the subject...

Mine does, my main objective this season is first and foremost not to finish behind her.

My ex played one year in maybe 2018 or something. She called her team "Roger Tuivasa sChick" lol

Last edited by my tv broke on Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:44 am

Mine does, genuinely.

She loves the Chin.
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:46 am

lukeayee wrote:

My end goal is that people stop caring so much about every little thing that gets said.

My end goal is that people can just talk shit and not be afraid of being called out for something that apparently reveals some deep seeded henious character trait.

Clearly my goals are far too amibitious.

Just wanna quickly jump on my soapbox and mention that's not what people call out. The point is that these microaggressions are so commonplace in society that people use them and it's acceptable to do so, because "that's just how things are". Examples include you run like a girl, Indigenous players are magicians who all play off instinct, the NRL fantasy scorers are two Indian blokes in a wardrobe. You get the picture.

The thing about microaggressions is that there's generally no bad intent behind using them, and in most cases, there's absolutely no intent (like in the examples I listed above). But the common factor is they involve talking down to a group that is or has been marginalised. That's why pointing it out is a good thing, it helps people notice these things in their everyday lives going forward and maybe one day we can live in a world where you can talk shit about someone and not be having a subconscious crack at somebody else. That's my end goal anyway.

For whatever it's worth I do value your comments on here and you come across as a pretty sound guy. If you want to believe the world's gone soft and we're all doomed then that's cool. I was reading some comments yesterday on Instagram about Virgin allowing pets on planes and thinking similar to how precious some people with allergies were acting. But I do think some issues are worth talking about, and today is as good a day as any to do so

Anyway, happy International Women's day mate

Last edited by Lchy on Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:46 am

Mrs Cow has a NearlySport team

But she's pretty hands off as a manager. Drafts a team at the start of the year and then does very little in the way of trades/recruiting. So really relies on avoiding injuries in order to do well

Last edited by Milchcow on Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:49 am

My girlfriend picks all roosters/ex roosters because they're the only players she knows. If she ever becomes better than me I'll know it's time to give the game away
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:54 am

contemplating RTS to Kiraz, just so I have $$$ in the bank to get a new shiny toy next week, currently only have 9k in the bank
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:57 am

mattnz wrote:
    Piakura

Playing the game this conservatively is not how you finish near the top. Taking a 31 because you're spooked at an early HIA might happen is simply not the strategy.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:57 am

my tv broke wrote:

My ex played one year in maybe 2018 or something. She called her team "Roger Tuivasa sChick" lol

Mrs Cow has used "Alis volat propriis" which is latin for "She flies with her own wings" which I think is a pretty cool name.

Last edited by Milchcow on Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:57 am

my wife plays every year since shes a big footy fan, makes me help her set it up. I pick a bunch of rogue players she likes/are from the knights (her team). she then proceeeds to troll me any week she beats me

honestly like her team way more than mine this season, she has egan, murray, tohu, ponga, turbo, rts, lucas
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:58 am

Chewie wrote:contemplating RTS to Kiraz, just so I have $$$ in the bank to get a new shiny toy next week, currently only have 9k in the bank

I expect that many people will be adding a big war chest to make big plays next week. Guys like Fogarty and May are more expensive than the typical mid rangers that we are looking to upgrade.
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:59 am

Lchy wrote:

Just wanna quickly jump on my soapbox and mention that's not what people call out. The point is that these microaggressions are so commonplace in society that people use them and it's acceptable to do so, because "that's just how things are". Examples include you run like a girl, Indigenous players are magicians who all play off instinct, the NRL fantasy scorers are two Indian blokes in a wardrobe. You get the picture.

The thing about microaggressions is that there's generally no bad intent behind using them, and in most cases, there's absolutely no intent (like in the examples I listed above). But the common factor is they involve talking down to a group that is or has been marginalised. That's why pointing it out is a good thing, it helps people notice these things in their everyday lives going forward and maybe one day we can live in a world where you can talk shit about someone and not be having a subconscious crack at somebody else. That's my end goal anyway.

For whatever it's worth I do value your comments on here and you come across as a pretty sound guy. If you want to believe the world's gone soft and we're all doomed then that's cool. I was reading some comments yesterday on Instagram about Virgin allowing pets on planes and thinking similar to how precious some people with allergies were acting. But I do think some issues are worth talking about, and today is as good a day as any to do so

Anyway, happy International Women's day mate

Understand your point of view. I think people may misunderstand me and my intentions. It's not that i'm racist, sexist facist or whatever, I just understand being human comes with mistakes and experiences. Everyone should be given that concession and not riden too hard about it. Life is hard enough as it is for most of us. Sport is the great cultural and societal equiliser and I want to celebrate it for that purpose.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:54 am