NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 10 - Not enough Raiders

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 10 - Not enough Raiders - Page 12 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 10 - Not enough Raiders

Post by wolfking Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:59 am

Chewie wrote:contemplating RTS to Kiraz, just so I have $$$ in the bank to get a new shiny toy next week, currently only have 9k in the bank

I have RTS. I'm not sure that amount is worth it. I've thought about it and it has merit but if it were over 100K, maybe but RTS is a superstar who SHOULD have big involvement in the Warriors this year.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 10 - Not enough Raiders - Page 12 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 10 - Not enough Raiders

Post by GreenSchist Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:59 am

Reklaw wrote:

wait talk to me about khaas, im looking for an alternative 17th man that isnt flanno/chan. Kleese looks amazing if he can get over 50 minutes until fifita is back in round 5, bench looks alright for him, should get 3-4 games but the bye is annoying. probably makes somewhere between 70-90k

all that said, another fire to put out in round 4/5 seems a hassle. but way more fun that watching flanno slowly tick along

Averages 51 pts when starting in place of Fifita (2 game sample) and 45 points when starting in general (8 games). 30 odd tackles with limited run meters and a tackle break or two.
    The bye is annoying for sure, so you're possibly only looking at 3 games. If he averages 45 points, you could be looking at $70k profit - Probably not enough to warrant a long term play. 50 average will get him closer to $100k.

To be clear, I'm only looking at him because I've already convinced myself that I'm getting May next week.
    If Chan makes it through the 1 hour team naming, I'll likely go with him in place of Klese as he's more likely to make money (only has to score >19 to make profit).
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:59 am

My wife does footy tipping but there's no way she'd do fantasy sports. Every time I brag about a high ranking, the conversation goes like this:

"that's nice, is there a cash prize at the end?"

"probably not"

"hmmm" **walks away to do something productive with her life, probably**
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:01 am

robelgordo wrote:My wife does footy tipping but there's no way she'd do fantasy sports. Every time I brag about a high ranking, the conversation goes like this:

"that's nice, is there a cash prize at the end?"

"probably not"

"hmmm" **walks away to do something productive with her life, probably**

I don't do footy tipping, but will get asked by the wife
    Already in trouble this season for not telling her to pick the Raiders last night
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:02 am

mattnz wrote:

I expect that many people will be adding a big war chest to make big plays next week. Guys like Fogarty and May are more expensive than the typical mid rangers that we are looking to upgrade.

Fogarty didn't really do anything unexpected. If you started with him you'd be happy with his score. If you didn't, why would anything have changed?

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:03 am

lukeayee wrote:

Mine does, genuinely.

She loves the Chin.

Mine is all about Walsh and Carrigan which is irritating.

She seems to put no thought into her team but scores ok which is also irritating.

The good part about her following NRL is Warriors tickets are booked ahead of time so I don't have to think about it
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:03 am

lukeayee wrote:

You are missing my point. I highlighted three other groups who could be potentially pissed off with a slight modification in language. Yet I'd hazard a guess no men currently with soft cocks were offended, and neither were men in skirts.

Women who tackle hard, know they can tackle hard. Men who tackle hard know they can tackle hard.

Charterising women for being femine is not sexist, nor is charaterising men with more feminine attributes.

Was it rabbits intention to belittle women? I doubt it.

You have the choice to be offended or be confident in the fact you are a better person.

I didn't make the comment, and I also didn't highlight its potential offensive nature. I think everyone should just harden the F up.

I just thought I'd take the opportunity to explain the joke you missed the other day. When Loomer said 'The whole worlds gone woke' he was taking the piss out of the tendency for some people, usually white blokes, to claim everything they disagree with is 'woke'.

It's curious that you didn't get that.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:03 am

i think the problem with speech on this forum is there are 2 groups of people
    (a) younger posters who are sensitive & watchful with the language they use &
    (b) older posters who are set in their ways & don't care who they offend & they tell it like they see it

for example say a woman with a weight problem asks you "do i look fat in this dress"
    group (a) will lie to her to make her feel better & say "no you look great"
    group (b) will tell her the truth & say "yes"
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:04 am

mattnz wrote:

I expect that many people will be adding a big war chest to make big plays next week. Guys like Fogarty and May are more expensive than the typical mid rangers that we are looking to upgrade.

May & Smithies are the POIs I'm looking at
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:06 am

White Lightning wrote:(b) older posters who are set in their ways & don't care who they offend & they tell it like they see it

i find this a kind of sad way to live your life and i really don't want to become like that. life is about learning. can always change/grow/whatever. i am definitely not perfect, but i try to take onboard when it is mentioned to me if i've been pissing people off/etc.

my life doesnt get any worse by just thinking about how certain things can affect others.

at the same time, pretty sure i am not a younger poster nor sensitive. im a privileged guy with an easy life.

Last edited by my tv broke on Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:07 am

Aardvark wrote:

I just thought I'd take the opportunity to explain the joke you missed the other day. When Loomer said 'The whole worlds gone woke' he was taking the piss out of the tendency for some people, usually white blokes, to claim everything they disagree with is 'woke'.

It's curious that you didn't get that.

I agree, you could draw any number of deep and personal insights about me based on that.

Very astute of you.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:08 am

lukeayee wrote:

I agree, you could draw any number of deep and personal insights about me based on that.

Very astute of you.

Just saying some stuff with the intention that no one gets offended Very Happy
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:10 am

White Lightning wrote:i think the problem with speech on this forum is there are 2 groups of people
    (b) older posters who are set in their ways & don't care who they offend & they tell it like they see it

for example say a woman with a weight problem asks you "do i look fat in this dress"

I'm sure I'm in the older half of this forum and I know that the correct answer to that question is A. My grandfather was born in the 19th century and I think he'll have known it was A too.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:11 am

wolfking wrote:

I have RTS.  I'm not sure that amount is worth it.  I've thought about it and it has merit but if it were over 100K, maybe but RTS is a superstar who SHOULD have big involvement in the Warriors this year.

Both have DPP, both are fun players

I guess an alternative option to free some cash could be Lussick to Flanno
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:13 am

White Lightning wrote:i think the problem with speech on this forum is there are 2 groups of people

I'm mid 30s.

I'm not in category A. I think there is an area between a and b and that's where I exist. I watch what I say, but I'm not particulary bothered if people slip up from time to time. Intention matters.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:13 am

Old and not really mate.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:15 am

my tv broke wrote:

Fogarty didn't really do anything unexpected. If you started with him you'd be happy with his score. If you didn't, why would anything have changed?

799 kick metres is probably not what people were expecting. he averages less than half that

If I was trading in someone I missed, May would be higher on the list than Fogarty
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:16 am

Anyone got any Warriors or Sharks outside of Tohu or Mcinnes?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:17 am

The important question is how many men here will tell their wife/partner that her new haircut makes her look like Grug?
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:17 am

Milchcow wrote:

799 kick metres is probably not what people were expecting. he averages less than half that

If I was trading in someone I missed, May would be higher on the list than Fogarty

Really? I would have thought Fogarty without much in the way of attacking stats becomes great value. Guess he isn't exactly cheap though.

If you have him, good for 100-$150k until origin and if you don't you dont have to break your neck to get him in.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:19 am