NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 12 - No need for a restart

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 12 - No need for a restart - Page 32 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 12 - No need for a restart

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:38 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:

Did you watch the game?
    Unless that was a serious outlier and Strange is suddenly being passed the ball on the 5th, Fog will be doing pretty much all of the kicking for the Raiders.

I watch every minute of every game every week and have done for a long time.

Hynes, SJ, DCE(historically), Cleary all do "pretty much all of the kicking" for their team and don't touch 90%

To reiterate, I think Fogarty is a good pick IF you already own him. He won't be a top 5 scoring half (Cleary, Hynes, DCE, SJ, Moses) and he isn't going to make a heap of cash from here on. You are buying a guy priced at 50 who might get to 55 average but probably lands somewhere 50-55
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 12 - No need for a restart - Page 32 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 12 - No need for a restart

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:43 am

mattnz wrote:Sullivan averaged 96 km next to Hunt last season.

In games at halfback without Hunt, he averaged 355 km, including a 572 km game.

Had more kick meters than Sezer in the trials. If he gets almost all the kicking, with Sezer not named, could be a great option.

In 4 games at halfback in NSW Cup last season, he averaged 449 km and 68 fantasy points!

I think Sullivan is an easy wait and see.

If you are right and he comes out dominating the kicking and scores 50 he is ~450k with a low b/e

If you are wrong and they split kicking down the middle + Api does a little bit you burn 2 trades on a 30 point scorer who probably shouldn't be in the 17

High risk for low reward
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:10 am

MS dropping some facts this morning!
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:19 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

This is offseason quality shitposting right in the middle of the fantasy week. When he hangs up the boots Revs will go down as one of the all time great shit posters

study

Steady as she goes.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:53 am

I'm not trading him yet but Rapana is definitely on my wait-and-see-to-sell list.

Being gassed in a match after being "the fittest ever he's ever been" is a worry

Moved to the wing at 60 minutes is a worry

Not being the focal point of attack is a worry

Injury history is a concern.

I knew I shouldn't have started with him and am cross that I did.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:10 am

L-Jimmy wrote:I'm not trading him yet but Rapana is definitely on my wait-and-see-to-sell list.

Being gassed in a match after being "the fittest ever he's ever been" is a worry

I'm holding this week as I think he may have a decent score against the Tigers then he gets traded to Turbo the following week.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:12 am

mattnz wrote:

only trained at CTR and wing. Crichton injury leading into the season meant he hasn't been given a run at fullback.

With Tracey and Xerri to come in and Taaffe to be dropped quickly, will be interesting to see where everyone ends up.

Taaffe looked like a school kid playing men, was getting man handled all the time. Him dropping the ball at the start of the game started the rot and lack of possession for the team, that they never recovered from.

Yeah I feel a bit sorry for Taafe he looked like a Twink at his first gang bang
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:13 am

L-Jimmy wrote:I'm not trading him yet but Rapana is definitely on my wait-and-see-to-sell list.

If he's named at wing and Kris at fullback it's going to be less than ideal owning them both, but knew that was a risk. Seems very unlikely Rapana can play the season at fullback.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:15 am

robelgordo wrote:People seem to be reaching a bit to sell players, does that mean maybe don't sell any players?

Trust Rob to bring some sense to what has been a difficult read.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:23 am

I never bought the 'fittest hes ever been' bs. He just looked old and out of his depth though. I blame lack of options

He can hang around for a bit though. Rapana to campbell probably
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:30 am

Posters saying that Smithies wont get any attacking stats, just lol. He has never played in the NRL before now. He had a job to do at Wigan. He did it perfectly. He has a job to do at Canberra, under Ricky who is a different coach. He will do that job too. He has great potential to be an offloader and will break tackles and score tries. That is his new job, along with tackling.

Some people don't know a footballer from a donkey. Don't listen to them. Smithies is gold, as a said in the pre season.

On another note, I feel sorry for Blake Taaffe. he came through the ranks as a halfback. A good one. Souths fans were screaming for him to get a start in first grade, but he was never getting in the halves, so they found spot for him at FB because of injuries. He's not a FB. Never will be. He's a halfback and I hope some club picks him up and gives him a shot where he belongs, in the halves.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:36 am

mattnz wrote:Just re-watched the Tigers trial.

Is this a cry for help? Hope everything is all good
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:39 am

Mulvy wrote:

Trust Rob to bring some sense to what has been a difficult read.

but it says we have two trades, and i think you have to use them?
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:41 am

Rabbit wrote:Posters saying that Smithies wont get any attacking stats, just lol. He has never played in the NRL before now. He had a job to do at Wigan. He did it perfectly. He has a job to do at Canberra, under Ricky who is a different coach. He will do that job too. He has great potential to be an offloader and will break tackles and score tries. That is his new job, along with tackling.

Some people don't know a footballer from a donkey. Don't listen to them. Smithies is gold, as a said in the pre season.

On another note, I feel sorry for Blake Taaffe. he came through the ranks as a halfback. A good one. Souths fans were screaming for him to get a start in first grade, but he was never getting in the halves, so they found  spot for him at FB because of injuries. He's not a FB. Never will be. He's a halfback and I hope some club picks him up and gives him a shot where he belongs, in the halves.
    Bulldogs need a half.
    Move Crichton to fullback, Burton to center, Taaffe to the halves.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:41 am

my tv broke wrote:

We get eight more in five months time, better step to it.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:41 am

There were a lot of players that struggled with cramp across the weekend. I wouldn't be exceptionally concerned about that.

Believing a player when he says he is the fittest he's ever been is probably more of a concern. But if it will make you feel better, I can sell you a house I've just trained down
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:42 am

Rabbits21 wrote:I think I might flick Cotter…

TU: Cotter to May
    TD: Cotter to Fog

Our Roosters fans on here what are we expecting from May around 45mins and a high 40’s avg?

Wut? You spent 2 pages telling me this was a bad move. i.e; Cotter is a hold and May wont get the minutes (because they're keeping him on the down low so other clubs wont poach him...lol)

lol!
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:44 am

I get confused when Rabbit (pool) and Rabbits (six again, Belinda) argue.
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:46 am

Ummm pretty certain he was dealing with cramps, not that he wasn't fit. That's why he moved to the wing. Don't be worried lmao
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:48 am

my tv broke wrote:

Inside you there are two trades...

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:03 am