NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

WT Winfield - Winnie's Blues 2024

Ando
    Ando

WT Winfield - Winnie's Blues 2024 - Page 4 Empty Re: WT Winfield - Winnie's Blues 2024

Post by Ando Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:45 pm

WT Winfield wrote:Thanks mate cheer I haven't been looking forward to this week, but if Grant, Cotter and Hopgood back up, hopefully the damage will be minimal.

Could be some better options playing less games than Samuela that I could spend the bank on, but I figure 7 games x 40 points for 280 is pretty handy. Yeo a good chance of outscoring him if backing up and would save a trade in the long run, but the Rd 20 rests last year with Haas, Carrigan and Yeo meant I had to burn one anyway, so trying to hold fire on origin guys until then.

Also I recommended Samuela at ~450k to a couple of people a few weeks ago, so I like to put my money where my mouth is. Just didn't fit with my plans until I could punt some Rd 13 guys. If he duds it up, at least I'm crashing and burning with them Laughing

I think everyone in the same boat. Anyone who is set up well for the Byes will be struggling this week.

I will need a few cashouts eventually but I'm going to try be strict this year and only target those who have solid security. Last year I picked up duds like Skelton and Colquhoun which absolutely killed me last few rounds and cost me a top 50 finish.

With none standing out at the moment I'm going all out gun shopping.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

WT Winfield - Winnie's Blues 2024 - Page 4 Empty Re: WT Winfield - Winnie's Blues 2024

Post by Jele Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:30 am

WT Winfield wrote:Round 13

Pretty good week overall, but the late Teddy out put a dampener on things. Would've liked to grab Hands, but didn't have a spot for him at that stage. Resisted the urge to kneejerk Teddy to Drinkwater at the death and may have missed a great opportunity to cash in with 81 points instead of 10 from Shoes. Plenty of time to make those points back with the trade saved though, so can't lament on it too much. Would've been nice if Teddy just played or if Shoes hit 30 and I wouldn't have given it any thought.

1 trade was Angus to Preston. Missed the game live, but caught the replay. Glad the video ref didn't look too closely at potential interference on the 1st try and the putdown on the 2nd. Just love the vibes of having him back in the team after shooting up my list of favourite players last year.

More concerning from that game was Armstrong's performance. Didn't look great under the high ball and some poor defensive efforts. BOM reporting 95% chance of rain in Melbourne on Sunday, so even if he plays affraid

Ended up with 756 and up to 95th overall. First time finishing a round in the top 100 cheer Hard to believe after scoring 668 in both Rds 1 and 5. Been a fun ride and expecting a dud to come soon, so shouldn't be too bummed when it does.

12 trades remaining and 440k bank heading into Rd 14.

Team for Rd 13:

Spoiler:

Looks like I'll be making 4 trades this week. An origin injury could alter the outs, but looking at dumping

Hynes
    Matterson
    Smithies
    SHughes

to

Fifita
    Samuela
    Twal
    Wighton

Leaving a 588k bank for future upgrades. Cook the one to miss out from my watchlist. Might use the bank to grab him Rd 16, or look at Simpkin as a cashout. Both taking the bye 17 though and already have 3 out + origin players to back-up, so will see how it goes. Just HK that needs filling in 16 and looking good for 19 after those trades. Will be some casualties, but as long as I can field 10+, it should be good enough. Will want those trades for origin guns after Rd 20 as I attempt to go back-to-back in the Eliminator and hopefully come home strong overall.

Thanks for reading Very Happy

Got my eye on JMK as a round 16 and 19 hooker (allows me to sell Brailey too if needs be). A shame he had his big score last week, but will hopefully still be affordable.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:56 am

Hmm yeah hadn't really thought of JMK. Cook, Koro and Simpkin on the radar, or just playing short Rd 16. Cook and Simpkin's Rd 17 bye looks too awkward, and adding more Tigers doesn't feel great. Selling Brailey definitely a consideration though.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:57 am

Most of my trades locked in last night:

Matto to Fifita (C)
    Smithies to Twal
    Hynes to Samuela

Wighton the remaining target and playing next, so will punt Armstrong if he's out instead of Shoes to hopefully play 17 if Cotter sneaks in. Holding Teddy, May, Plath and Weekes.

Pretty happy with a couple of 49s from Twal and Samuela considering the scoreline. The 50+ scores did look better until the downgrade though Laughing Hopefully Bateman's return doesn't affect them much. Kinda thought he was a few extra weeks away.

Warming to the JMK idea from Jele, so might look at SHughes to him next week if there's no other fires.

*Just saw Twal sustained a foot injury Evil or Very Mad
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:23 pm

Round 14

As bad as I thought it would be and the aftermath even worse. Used all 4 trades to play 17 and was off to a decent start with new recruits Twal and Samuela 49, Wighton 57 and (C) Fifita my highest scorer with 63. Missed the big ones from a few popular trade-ins though and then went downhill from there. Grant and Brailey benched for shit scores, so was left needing Monday's game to deliver with 5 players in action.

Figuring Hopgood would have the edge over Yeo with backing-up from origin, if even selected, a few weeks back blew up pretty quickly with Hopgood getting injured in his cameo. Capped off with Preston getting injured while looking like a great gun pick with low ownership. Now I probably have to piss away a trade getting Aitken for a ridiculous price and might have to avoid JMK in favour of Koroisau due to the Rd 18 bye.

Plodded to 793 and down to 124th.

$672k bank and 8 trades left

Team for Rd 14:

Spoiler:

Looking at a mess before trades:

HOK: Grant
    MID: Cotter, May, Twal
    EDG: KPP, DFifita
    HLF: DBrown, Plath
    CTR: Iro, Wighton
    WFB: Garrick, Teddy, Weekes

INT: Samuela, JBrailey, Hopgood, Galvin

NPR: Atkinson, Shoes, Kiraz, Preston

Potential tradeouts: Preston, Galvin, JBrailey and Atkinson.

Looking at: JMK/Koro, Aitken, maybe Yeo or someone from Storm, but not really sure what happens with Pap back.

JHughes potentially a keeper, but doesn't mind an injury. Wishart possibly makes some fast cash, but Bellamy saying he'll be a utility when Pap's back. Fa'alogo possibly holds the FB spot for long enough to use as a stepping stone and provide decent scoring. Might just hold fire since none are playing Rd 19 and look for a basement cashout when the time comes and prepare for some big upgrades Rd 20 and 21.

Thanks for wallowing in my pit of despair Very Happy
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:42 pm

WT Winfield wrote:Round 14

As bad as I thought it would be and the aftermath even worse. Used all 4 trades to play 17 and was off to a decent start with new recruits Twal and Samuela 49, Wighton 57 and (C) Fifita my highest scorer with 63. Missed the big ones from a few popular trade-ins though and then went downhill from there. Grant and Brailey benched for shit scores, so was left needing Monday's game to deliver with 5 players in action.

Figuring Hopgood would have the edge over Yeo with backing-up from origin, if even selected, a few weeks back blew up pretty quickly with Hopgood getting injured in his cameo. Capped off with Preston getting injured while looking like a great gun pick with low ownership. Now I probably have to piss away a trade getting Aitken for a ridiculous price and might have to avoid JMK in favour of Koroisau due to the Rd 18 bye.

Plodded to 793 and down to 124th.

$672k bank and 8 trades left

Team for Rd 14:

Spoiler:

Looking at a mess before trades:

Potential tradeouts: Preston, Galvin, JBrailey and Atkinson.

Looking at: JMK/Koro, Aitken, maybe Yeo or someone from Storm, but not really sure what happens with Pap back.

JHughes potentially a keeper, but doesn't mind an injury. Wishart possibly makes some fast cash, but Bellamy saying he'll be a utility when Pap's back. Fa'alogo possibly holds the FB spot for long enough to use as a stepping stone and provide decent scoring. Might just hold fire since none are playing Rd 19 and look for a basement cashout when the time comes and prepare for some big upgrades Rd 20 and 21.

Thanks for wallowing in my pit of despair Very Happy

Still in a great position with the trades in hand. As long as you're playing 17 this week.

Maybe look at a single trade of Atkinson out, he's made his cash and may not return to the side if Hynes is cut from Origin. Even worse he could come in as bench utility. With your huge bank you can pick up anyone you like which is never a bad thing and all 4 of those you mentioned would be easy ins. Koro a bit of a POD play and pretty sure he killed it at #7 last season.

Let me know when you locate a basement cashout Wink
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:25 pm

Ando wrote:

Still in a great position with the trades in hand. As long as you're playing 17 this week.

Maybe look at a single trade of Atkinson out, he's made his cash and may not return to the side if Hynes is cut from Origin. Even worse he could come in as bench utility. With your huge bank you can pick up anyone you like which is never a bad thing and all 4 of those you mentioned would be easy ins. Koro a bit of a POD play and pretty sure he killed it at #7 last season.

Let me know when you locate a basement cashout Wink

Thanks mate cheer

Definitely thinking 2 trades max now and foregoing the Storm guys. Not sure I can hold Preston even with the 2-4 week news. Probably ends up bench again when he does come back and makes the next few rounds pretty tough without him. Brailey I probably have to hold, maybe rage him to Yeo if benched in final teams.

I was kinda hoping to hold Atkinson for Rd 17 if Hynes is rested, or possibly trade him to Hynes with the bank if no origin. If NSW retains Hynes, then Atko for Rd 19 could be useful with WFB looking rough. If Atko sneaks onto the bench, he probably has to go though.

Galvin I've got a bad feeling that he shuts it down for the season. Panthers knocking on his door, so gives me NBA draft vibes where college players shut it down once their stocks are high enough. Nothing to really play for now. Would kinda like to keep him for one more week just incase though.

Koro had a couple of starts at HB for two 60 scores, but may have started HK and shifted there a couple more times. Does give me a little more confidence as a second choice option behind JMK, although a small sample.

Aitken's floor and potential captaincy candidate (on bye rounds, but still) makes him hard to avoid any longer, especially with Preston gone.

Thinking Preston & Galvin/Atkinson to Aitken & Koro might be the play.

Tigers are throwing up some cheapies Laughing Da Silva 250k, Lobb, Faataape, Porter and Sione all 230k Cool

Gotta have faith someone will pop up Rd 19 like Hands and Tuilagi for Rd 13.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:29 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Thanks mate  cheer  

Definitely thinking 2 trades max now and foregoing the Storm guys. Not sure I can hold Preston even with the 2-4 week news. Probably ends up bench again when he does come back and makes the next few rounds pretty tough without him. Brailey I probably have to hold, maybe rage him to Yeo if benched in final teams.

I was kinda hoping to hold Atkinson for Rd 17 if Hynes is rested, or possibly trade him to Hynes with the bank if no origin. If NSW retains Hynes, then Atko for Rd 19 could be useful with WFB looking rough. If Atko sneaks onto the bench, he probably has to go though.

Galvin I've got a bad feeling that he shuts it down for the season. Panthers knocking on his door, so gives me NBA draft vibes where college players shut it down once their stocks are high enough. Nothing to really play for now. Would kinda like to keep him for one more week just incase though.

Koro had a couple of starts at HB for two 60 scores, but may have started HK and shifted there a couple more times. Does give me a little more confidence as a second choice option behind JMK, although a small sample.

Aitken's floor and potential captaincy candidate (on bye rounds, but still) makes him hard to avoid any longer, especially with Preston gone.

Thinking Preston & Galvin/Atkinson to Aitken & Koro might be the play.
    Tigers are throwing up some cheapies Laughing Da Silva 250k, Lobb, Faataape, Porter and Sione all 230k Cool

Gotta have faith someone will pop up Rd 19 like Hands and Tuilagi for Rd 13.

These are solid trades actually, like them a lot. Tigers throwing up the cheapies but they all give Skelton / Colquhoun vibes from last year who really derailed my season. Only one I'd be confident in is Latu Fainu but his real value must be well below 230k.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:20 pm

Round 15

Total disaster this week, got hit by every out I think. Before trades I was looking at:

So I ended up burning all 4 trades and the bank just to field 16 with duds from Garrick and May Evil or Very Mad

Would have traded Atkinson if I'd known more carnage was to follow, but he locked in early and I ended up punting:

Hopgood, KPP, Preston and SHughes
    to
    Aitken, Koroisau, AFB and Yeo

Was tempted to go Hughes to Sharpe rather than Yeo and keep the bank for Hynes, but I figured a FB playing Panthers will probably score 25 and I should just get the gun. Asshole immediately scores a try and I checked out. On closer inspection, I need a WFB for Rd 17 with Atkinson dropped and Wighton/Garrick on the bye, so another case of buying a gun that backfired.

Ended up with 734 and dropped to 231st.

4 trades and $138k remaining.

Team for Rd 15:

Spoiler:

Don't think I'll be trading this week. Have JBrailey, Terrell May and Atkinson to deal with after the bye, so hopefully a cashout appears and I can get Hynes.

Might get 13 on the park if everyone plays. No cover with Garrick's HIA standown.

HOK: Koro
    MID: AFB, May, Twal
    EDG: Samuela, Fifita
    HLF: Plath, Galvin
    CTR: Wighton, Aitken
    WFB: Teddy, Weekes, Kiraz

Probably roll the dice on May as captain again.

Thanks for listening Very Happy
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:07 am

WT Winfield wrote:Round 15

Total disaster this week, got hit by every out I think. Before trades I was looking at:

So I ended up burning all 4 trades and the bank just to field 16 with duds from Garrick and May Evil or Very Mad

Would have traded Atkinson if I'd known more carnage was to follow, but he locked in early and I ended up punting:

Hopgood, KPP, Preston and SHughes
    to
    Aitken, Koroisau, AFB and Yeo

Was tempted to go Hughes to Sharpe rather than Yeo and keep the bank for Hynes, but I figured a FB playing Panthers will probably score 25 and I should just get the gun. Asshole immediately scores a try and I checked out. On closer inspection, I need a WFB for Rd 17 with Atkinson dropped and Wighton/Garrick on the bye, so another case of buying a gun that backfired.

Ended up with 734 and dropped to 231st.

4 trades and $138k remaining.

Team for Rd 15:

Spoiler:

Don't think I'll be trading this week. Have JBrailey, Terrell May and Atkinson to deal with after the bye, so hopefully a cashout appears and I can get Hynes.

Might get 13 on the park if everyone plays. No cover with Garrick's HIA standown.

MID: AFB, May, Twal
    EDG: Samuela, Fifita
    HLF: Plath, Galvin
    CTR: Wighton, Aitken
    WFB: Teddy, Weekes, Kiraz

Probably roll the dice on May as captain again.

Managed to make some gains on you these last 2 weeks. Looking forward to the run in for the FOG!

I think Sharpe's score was pretty lucky a 10 point second half shows that he will have a dud score in him at some point if he doesn't get a Try or TA. Negative BE so still time to jump on but all depends on when KP is back.

Very good chance TMay goes boom again after a low minute game at weekend although hard to look past DFifita who will probably be #1 captain pick. Other than that really nice RD16 team, I hope TLT is kind to us re: Fifita, Galvin and Twal.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:37 pm

Thanks mate. Just wish you'd caught me with both of us scoring an extra 50-100 points the past 2 weeks Laughing

Twal out gives me 12 this week. Bit annoying that I had to punt SHughes instead of Atkinson in the end. Bit too optimistic that a couple of Fifita, Twal, Hopgood and KPP would play.

Was thinking about Cobbo next week since I need a WFB for Rd 17 and 19, but could go Atkinson to Papenhuyzen this week instead. Leaves 23k in the bank, but still possible to cashout Brailey and upgrade May to Hynes. Will consider waiting until Rd 21 though with that BE and DBrown/Galvin covering HLF for Rd 19 and don't want to force a dodgy cash out.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:29 pm

WT Winfield wrote:Thanks mate. Just wish you'd caught me with both of us scoring an extra 50-100 points the past 2 weeks Laughing

Twal out gives me 12 this week. Bit annoying that I had to punt SHughes instead of Atkinson in the end. Bit too optimistic that a couple of Fifita, Twal, Hopgood and KPP would play.

Was thinking about Cobbo next week since I need a WFB for Rd 17 and 19, but could go Atkinson to Papenhuyzen this week instead. Leaves 23k in the bank, but still possible to cashout Brailey and upgrade May to Hynes. Will consider waiting until Rd 21 though with that BE and DBrown/Galvin covering HLF for Rd 19 and don't want to force a dodgy cash out.

An extra week from SHughes would have been nice and I think Papy is a wait and see first game back. Could be a late shuffle in that side for sure. I'm pretty set on waiting on Hynes until RD21 it's a risk but I think with his niggling injuries and huge BE it's defo the best plan. Also could coincide nicely with the Fog coming back which would mean Weekes is an insta-sell. DBrown and Galvin pretty good pairing until then anyway.

Cobbo has an Origin risk for RD19, any injury to the back line and you'd think he comes straight in.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:59 pm

Ando wrote:

An extra week from SHughes would have been nice and I think Papy is a wait and see first game back. Could be a late shuffle in that side for sure. I'm pretty set on waiting on Hynes until RD21 it's a risk but I think with his niggling injuries and huge BE it's defo the best plan. Also could coincide nicely with the Fog coming back which would mean Weekes is an insta-sell. DBrown and Galvin pretty good pairing until then anyway.

Cobbo has an Origin risk for RD19, any injury to the back line and you'd think he comes straight in.

Yeah I was definitely happy to wait and see on Pap when I thought I might have 13 and jump on him, Cobbo or a convenient max cashout in the backs next week. Cobbo carrying some injury and getting called up for Game III definitely a possibility, so was thinking grab Pap this week to cover 16/17 is a better move than Cobbo covering 17 and maybe 19.

Storm playing first gives some security if there's some changes, though Atko on the bye means I could trade him any time, so doesn't really matter I guess. Bit risky with his injury history, but could be a decent punt like Preston and see if I can jag some Latrell-like scores the next couple.

Not really seeing anyone else I like/can afford after a scroll through, so will just play 12 if Pap drops out or comes off the bench. Still tempted if he ended up in the halves for whatever reason, but can't really see that.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:35 pm

Took a break from footy for a couple of weeks. The Origin period is such a drag on games and fantasy. Rd 21 (and 27) can't come soon enough.

Last updated after Rd 15 where I used 4 of my 8 trades to field 16 on what I thought would be an easy week to navigate, and dropped to 231st.

Round 16

Could've traded in any position except HK to field 13 after Twal was ruled out, but needing a WFB for the following round, I picked up Pap. Ended up being my lowest scorer and copped a 0 the following week with him getting injured, but thankfully delivered this week (Rd 18) at least.

The Twal trade-in really started a domino effect of burned trades, 0s and pivoting to players not really on my radar Evil or Very Mad Wasn't too happy about ending up with AFB either who proceeds to score crap and drop 100k, but another that delivered Rd 18.

Was kicking myself for not getting Cook as planned a few weeks before, but Koro responding with an 88, and Galvin, Samuela and May going large made for a great bye week with 832 and moved up to 105th.

Round 17

Absolute shitshow. 3 trades remained and had 3 on the bye with Garrick, Wighton and DFifita. 3 origin players Grant, Cotter and Yeo.

Seeing how shite Garlick was Rd 16 made me confident Grant would back up, albeit probably limited minutes even though he's just some bench Qld guy. Also fuck Wishart and Bellamy. Absolute killer missing him thanks to Bellamy's line of BS. And fuck Slater too. Flog Cotter and play washed-up never was Felise for pissant minutes. Clownshow.

Ended up down to 14 green dots with the 3 bye players, Cotter rested (fair), Grant (injured, said to be rested, again a shower of fuck yous at Storm), Twal (still injured) and Pap (injured after 1 game) all out.

Decided to punt Twal at least and play 15. Narrowed it down to Isaako or Marzhew and landed the wrong one in the short-term. Probably wouldn't have grabbed both as I'm pretty overstocked on backs already, so maybe could've turned out worse if I looked elsewhere and punted Pap instead of Grant.

Finished up with 716 and dropped back to 231st where I was 2 weeks before.

Round 18

3 on the bye (Aitken, Plath and Isaako) and Grant not being named again confirmed that something was up. You don't play Garlick by choice. Pap in some doubt, so was gonna have to use at least 1 of the last 2 trades.

I've been waiting for a max cashout for post-origin upgrades, preferably a WFB that plays the bye, so I took the punt on Jake Tago or Jago as I like to call him. Hopefully plays this week and won't need him after. Looked okay with 40+, but try disallowed and finished with 24.

If Pap was ruled out, I was tempted by either Clark or Randall rather than taking the 24, and would fill the missing MID spot for Rd 19, and a back-up HK with Grant and JBrailey being moved on, but Pap not being cut meant I was able to hold.

Ended up with 1055 and back up to 115th. Hopefully survive the next 2 rounds without another major drop and grab two of Cleary, Hynes and Haas Rd 20-21. Hynes possibly off the menu with the latest injury news, and Terrell May possibly a hold for longer with JWH suspended.

Team for Rd 19

MID: Samuela, Plath, (Randall? Clark? Koala?)
    EDG: Fifita, Aitken
    HLF: Galvin, DBrown
    CTR: Wighton, Iro
    WFB: Isaako, Garrick, Jago

Excess: JBrailey

NPRs: Weekes, May, Teddy, Cotter, Yeo, AFB, Pap, Kiraz.

Brailey the main candidate to make way. Weekes and DBrown potentially on the chopping block for Rd 20. 502k bank after cashing out Grant last week, so could upgrade them to Cleary and Haas provided I spend less than 557k (and DBrown's potential losses) on a MID this week.

Could just grab Koala instead, but 756k for him when guys like Haumole and Murray are around for 660k-680k might be better buys in a week or two. Would grab Haumole without a second thought this week if I had an open spot, but would need an EDG, HLF or CTR to be randomly out to make that work.

Randall or Clark preserve the bank and provide HK cover, but could just grab Cook in a week or two also and forgo one of Haas/Cleary for now. I was leaning Clark last week since his role looked more defined, but not sure the minutes are there. Randall's been moved around a lot, PPM isn't as good, but is getting the minutes and averages ~45 in games over 40 mins. Assuming Klese Haas is back this week, so will see what happens there.

Long winded, hopefully entertaining enough that I didn't waste your time getting this far.

tl;dr Thinking JBrailey to Randall or just hold and play 12. Will Randall be a solid pick-up or a shitty midranger I regret wasting a trade on scratch

Thanks for checking in Very Happy
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:14 pm

Round 19

Happy with a small move up to 113th after the crap start with Aitken injured for 5. Another 100k down the drain Evil or Very Mad Plath at HK isn't ideal, but have to hope for some attacking stats for the run home. Koro with another ridiculous sinbin and then injured to cap it off. Jago quite a bit short of the 30 I was hoping for with 11.. Didn't end up needing him the week before since Pap played, but the schedule has been a real pain in the ass this year with trade calls needing to be made early with less info. Hopefully put the cash to good use with origin finally getting out of the way.

Pretty good from everyone else. Used my last trade on Brailey to Randall to field 13 and was regretting not spending up for the gun Koala, but Randall delivering with a 68 and the HK dual turned out to be a good call. Insane base from Koala at LK though. I think I'm gonna have to spend up for Haas and go a little cheaper with Haumole though. Hopefully Murray will bring Koala back down to earth.

I was 50 below par with 12c and just Garrick remaining on Sunday, so to end up with a par score of 636 was a relief.

Team for Rd 19:

Spoiler:

I was planning to upgrade Weekes and DBrown this week, but Aitken and Koro injuries changes things.

Bank 484k, 8 trades left

Watchlist:

Haas 830k
    Haumole 647k
    Cleary 860k
    Cook 750k
    Murray 678k
    Grant 657k

Assuming Koro is out, I'm down to just 1 HK with Randall and 2 EDG with Fifita and Samuela.

Definitely bringing in Haumole this week. EKatoa not a bad shout too, but missing Haumole last year and going for Garrick last minute was a killer for the run home. Storm have been fucking me over all year too, so despite the bye, I'm going HAM.

I have plenty of MIDs with Yeo, Cotter, AFB, May and some duals, but can't really avoid one of the best in the game with Haas. Assuming he backs up this week, he'll be coming in. Murray not really a priority, but a good price and would grab him if the opportunity arises (just like when I didn't get Haumole last year).

Koro and Aitken to Haumole and Haas leaves $325k and 6 trades.

DBrown, Iro and Jago red dots. Cotter and Yeo origin.

I think I'll hold Weekes and stick him at 18th man. Could trade DBrown to Cleary if Yeo is rested and hopefully know Cotter's status by then. If Weekes scores well enough and I'm playing 17 or 18 with 2 trades, then probably hold off on Cleary.

Cook isn't really affordable if grabbing Haumole, Haas and Cleary unless some other high priced gun is injured without dropping a bunch of cash, so might have to let him go for now and bring Grant back in when he's over the injury. Will just run the gauntlet with Randall for now.

Still origin to get through, so will see what happens with Cotter, Yeo and Haas, but hoping 2 trades and waiting on Cleary is the play.

Thanks for reading Very Happy
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:20 pm

Absolute scenes with Haumole and Murray suspended from origin. I dodged a massive bullet there, but sucks that they're off the table now and for owners.

Moses' injury means I probably have to hold DBrown. Might be playing 16 if Cotter doesn't play, or possibly trade Iro instead with Wighton, Garrick and Kiraz covering CTR.. and Jago maybe.

Looking at Koala, EKatoa, Preston and Curran as Haumole replacements. Koala takes one of Cleary/Haas off the table for now. Might have to hold off on Cleary longer and hope he drops some cash.

Might go

Koro to Koala
    Aitken to Haas

Leaving 205k

Hopefully playing 17 if Cotter's in. Yeo, DBrown, Iro and Jago NPRs.

If Cotter's out, then I could trade him to Cleary. Maybe take the hit or trade Iro to EKatoa/Preston/Curran. Will wait and see how things play out.

Probably leave the C on Fifita, but tempted to take the punt on May. Captaining middles vs Storm has burned me in the past though.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:30 pm

WT Winfield wrote:Absolute scenes with Haumole and Murray suspended from origin. I dodged a massive bullet there, but sucks that they're off the table now and for owners.

Moses' injury means I probably have to hold DBrown. Might be playing 16 if Cotter doesn't play, or possibly trade Iro instead with Wighton, Garrick and Kiraz covering CTR.. and Jago maybe.

Looking at Koala, EKatoa, Preston and Curran as Haumole replacements. Koala takes one of Cleary/Haas off the table for now. Might have to hold off on Cleary longer and hope he drops some cash.

Might go

Koro to Koala
    Aitken to Haas

Leaving 205k

Hopefully playing 17 if Cotter's in. Yeo, DBrown, Iro and Jago NPRs.

If Cotter's out, then I could trade him to Cleary. Maybe take the hit or trade Iro to EKatoa/Preston/Curran. Will wait and see how things play out.

Probably leave the C on Fifita, but tempted to take the punt on May. Captaining middles vs Storm has burned me in the past though.
    Some nice trades there Winfield. Cotter could be a tough one, played 66 minutes and 50+ tackles. Big workload for him and has a history of being rested post origin. 

I’d take a punt on Cleary, not much left to lose this late in the game
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Jul 18, 2024 3:23 pm

Thanks mate, and thanks for checking in cheer I'm kinda hoping with Cows 8th and playing Dogs in 5th, they might need all hands on deck. Can't really blame Payten for resting him with Billy flogging him though.

Kinda feel like Cleary will be somewhat tentative and score 50-60, but just one big play away from going 70+ and waiting doesn't look so great.

Really just hope Cotter plays. Will gladly take a 30 from the bench just to get through with a trade saved and 17 on the park.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jul 18, 2024 3:42 pm

WT Winfield wrote:Thanks mate, and thanks for checking in cheer I'm kinda hoping with Cows 8th and playing Dogs in 5th, they might need all hands on deck. Can't really blame Payten for resting him with Billy flogging him though.

Kinda feel like Cleary will be somewhat tentative and score 50-60, but just one big play away from going 70+ and waiting doesn't look so great.

Really just hope Cotter plays. Will gladly take a 30 from the bench just to get through with a trade saved and 17 on the park.
    Yeah Cleary is a tough one, I have him as a trade in this week but still not 100% sure on it. Was mainly going to be for a good captaincy option but I guess I could always chuck that on Koloa/Fifita and wait another week to see how he’s tracking.

Just not sure who to bring in instead of him this week. Probably need to look closer at positions I’m short in before I make that decision

I think you’ll get something from Cotter this week, don’t think he will be omitted completely from the team if he’s fit and they are fighting for the 8.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Aug 01, 2024 12:41 pm

Out of the loop a bit this week. Had a wisdom tooth kicking my ass, finally got that sorted and now it's Thurs. Disappointing last couple of weeks Fantasy-wise..

Round 20

Had pencilled in DBrown and Weekes to Cleary and Haas, but some carnage caused me to swerve. Aitken and Koro injuries from my squad, and Moses' injury raising DBrown's stocks led to me trading Aitken/Koro to Koala/Curran instead. Had the cash to go Weekes to Cleary, but not knowing whether Cotter would back up and Weekes playing 1st led to me playing it safe and holding the 3rd trade. Also had the opportunity to punt Iro for Cleary, but couldn't pull the trigger in the end.

As Rabs21 told me in a PM "If Fifita and May are your best captain options, maybe just get Cleary". Yep Laughing Should've listened..

Ended up with 875 and moved up from 113th to 102nd, so not a total disaster.

Wanted to shoutout Cotter for not only backing up, but smashing a 64 when I would've been happy with 30, but then completely screwed up my Rd 21 with a HIA for 7 in 19 mins.

Round 21

Finally Eliminator time. The only reason I bothered playing this year and knocked out 1st round by a point. Cotter's injury didn't help, but my boneheaded Plath to Cook trade is one that will haunt me for awhile.

Weekes to Cleary locked in without a second thought. Haas was still on the menu, but with my MIDs looking okay and Carrigan dropping some cash, I opted to spend up on Cook after starting the year with him and missed bringing him back Rd 14 when Fifita was available. Kept thinking the moves to CTR would mess up his scoring, but wasn't happening. Not until I got on anyway Evil or Very Mad

As the round went on and Galvin, Curran, Cotter and Garrick all went down with injuries, I knew the smart play for overall was to reverse Plath to Cook, but looking at the Eliminator match-up, I thought it was cutting it too fine and I'd be rolling over and taking the loss.. Plath scores 64, Cook moves to CTR and proceeds to miss all 3 goals, including 1 damn near right infront and his 45 resulted in a 1 point Eliminator loss, to go with a burned trade, burned cash and less points.

No one to blame but myself there. Last year I only made 1 trade for the Eliminator and that was for the final. Turned out unnecessary and cost me overall in the final round, so I ignored the lesson learned. Best strategy for H2H is to play overall in my experience the past years. So I wouldn't trade Nikora if you're reading Teeth Eater Laughing

Ended up with 1030 and dropped 2 spots to 104th.

Team for Rd 22

$62k and 4 trades remain

HOK: Cook
    MID: Yeo, AFB, May
    EDG: Fifita, Koala
    HLF: Cleary, Galvin
    WFB: Teddy, Pap, Kiraz

INT: Randall, Curran, DBrown, Cotter

EMG: Garrick, Samuela, Isaako, Jago

Watchlist: Haas (can't really afford right now), Foggy, Preston, Carrigan and Murray.

Can't afford Garrick to any of them, but Cotter could go for anyone except Haas. Carrigan currently leading the race.

Cotter playing first means I'd need to pull the trigger without any loops. Alternatively hold the trade and just loop Samuela and Isaako for 17th man. If Galvin's ruled out, then he can go for Foggy. Hopefully Curran plays or need both Samuela and Isaako. Can't afford to upgrade him to Preston/Fog last game.

Bit of a shitshow really. Was gonna go May to Carrigan, but don't have that luxury this week. Hopefully gets decent mins.

Re-added Haumole to the watchlist for next week.

Bit all over the place, not used to taking painkillers.

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:33 am