NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 17 - He haas a sore knee

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 17 - He haas a sore knee - Page 17 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 17 - He haas a sore knee

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:23 pm

Haas out makes Haas/Luki sells unavoidable. Not particularly interested in Lussick or Curran at the moment.

Three options for me:

1) Straightforward point scoring trades to Carrigan & May +130k

2) Nicho-chasing move: Hynes & Finefeuaki +200k

3) Play the BEs with May & Finefeuaki + 600k to get falling guns in coming weeks

Opinions?

Last edited by rhinoceroo on Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 17 - He haas a sore knee - Page 17 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 17 - He haas a sore knee

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:23 pm

let me drop another nugget:

I started with Lussick

Spoiler:
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:25 pm

ytsb wrote:Didn't know Curran's minutes were affected by minutes to be honest - changes things a bit. The 5 point difference based on averages is probably worth the certainty of Lussick.

Shut up
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:28 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Haas out makes Haas/Luki sells unavoidable. Not particularly interested in Lussick or Curran at the moment.

Three options for me:

3) Play the BEs with May & Finefeuaki + 600k to get falling guns in coming weeks

Opinions?

This is a tough 1. Option 3 if a gun is ripe for the plucking next round (I haven't been keeping track), but if the gun trade in is forced, Option 1 for sure. Carrigan a nice POD play and removes the risk of Finefeuaki scoring a 30 in 50 mins.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:28 pm

Ando wrote:

Shut up

Ever since you brought in Galvin you've been such an idiot all the time
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:28 pm

Dananz wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:
    Nice to see you again mate.  Are you still 'chilling' in Siberia... Very Happy

Hi SI! Nah, we headed back to NZ from Moscow once the war started. I miss quite a lot of peeps over there but fuck that totalitarian shit. Strangely, it had felt like one of the sanest places to be during COVID, people mostly just getting on with their lives. I guess that's what they are trying to do now, but there's only so far I can bury my head in the sand.

Nice to see you're still around! I hope everything is going well with you and life is treating you good.

It would be nice to see you posting more again then if you are back in NZ. Unless of course you actually like your kids and genuinely want to spend time with them as opposed to us Laugh 3

Snatch and I need another nice guy on here to take some of the Soft Cock votes away from us at years end Very Happy
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:29 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Haas out makes Haas/Luki sells unavoidable. Not particularly interested in Lussick or Curran at the moment.

Three options for me:

Opinions?

Don't think there is a rush to get Hynes before the bye. However having the cash ready to move straight to him afterwards will be handy. I can imagine a lot will do Cleary > Hynes and then trade Cleary back in after the Panthers bye but this could prove difficult if there are other fires to put out.

I quite like the Carrigan punt as it should provide short term points and give him chance to bridge that gap to Hynes RD6.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:15 am

Ando wrote:

Don't think there is a rush to get Hynes before the bye. However having the cash ready to move straight to him afterwards will be handy. I can imagine a lot will do Cleary > Hynes and then trade Cleary back in after the Panthers bye but this could prove difficult if there are other fires to put out.

I quite like the Carrigan punt as it should provide short term points and give him chance to bridge that gap to Hynes RD6.
    I have had a look at having Hynes in my side and I don’t like my team balance especially in my 14-21. I don’t have anywhere near enough cash gen.

Even after Hynes bye I might just run Moses with Cleary with a stronger 14-21.

I think soon Moses will go on a run where he avg 60
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:16 am

On Terrell May I’ll get him but I don’t think he gets 57mins I reckon it’ll be around 45mins.

What do we think Rhino, Snatch and MS?

Even in 45mins he’s probs gonna score not far off 50.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:19 am

Three options for me:

Opinions?
    What don’t you like about Lussick? He should have about 100k in him maybe more.He will get good cash gen! Strengthens the 14-17.

I’m likely gonna have mids of May Cotter and Cheese as that will allow me to get stronger second half which I desperately need.

If I go the Carrigan route I probs won’t have enough to get a Moses for example. I think I’ll be just short
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:39 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    What don’t you like about Lussick? He should have about 100k in him maybe more.He will get good cash gen! Strengthens the 14-17.

I’m likely gonna have mids of May Cotter and Cheese as that will allow me to get stronger second half which I desperately need.

If I go the Carrigan route I probs won’t have enough to get a Moses for example. I think I’ll be just short

I'm sure Lussick has a few points of long-term value, but I have enough hookers and his price point is a bit tricky for things I'll want to do in next few weeks (Hynes, basically). Bringing him into consideration just overcomplicates things for me, personally.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:13 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

I'm sure Lussick has a few points of long-term value, but I have enough hookers and his price point is a bit tricky for things I'll want to do in next few weeks (Hynes, basically). Bringing him into consideration just overcomplicates things for me, personally.

Is that possible?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:22 am

So.. I, like many people have a range of trade outs required..

Haas, Luki, Wong, Seyfarth, Sitili, Levi, S. Hughes, Taafee, Hutcho.

Obviously the long term red dots take priority and who knows Wong may end up back in the squad and getting 80 minutes in a week's time. Why is Robbo like this... Is it tempo? Is it 'tism? Is it to spite fantasy players? Or is it he can't coach a bottom 4 side past the semi finals unless he has Cronk or that one weird year where Maloney and Pearce were on fire except in origin when QLD won their 8th series in a row? What is it Robinson? Tell us what goes on in there! Is it because you only made four appearances off the bench, so you like to mess with your own forward pack just so they feel uncertain with their careers as you were?

Onto the trade ins, which I figure some people are considering these guys.

Big Minute Lussick - If he scores a conservative 50 points he should gain around $38k. For anyone unlucky to have Grant he is effective cover for next week. Is a hooker. Lussick is the biggest money maker this week and has a real good chance to be best scorer as well. He is certainly the best option imo and locked in.

Finefeuiaki (FF) - An achievable 40 points makes $33k.  He has the lowest scoring potential imo, but makes the third most cash, he is probably my second favourite trade in because of the price and inherent risk being low. He is my current second trade.

Hopgood - If he scores 60, his price stays the same. If he scores 75 he makes $19k. Much more likely to score 60. Comparing him the FF, he is a 20 point difference for 30k, that is a close call to be fair, and probably the bit I am most stuck on.

Hynes - If he gets 65 points the next two weeks he loses drops $32k. Yes he has a bye in 2 weeks, but more point upside + likely having HLF cover through Strange, Galvin, Hutch (Ha!), or Fog for one week makes it manageable. Not a concern  Compared to Hopgood he makes 5 more points for a loss of $30k. Less value than Hopgood presents. If you already have Hopgood and prioritise points he is the second best option. (I have Hynes so this point is moot for me)

TM8 - If he gets 50 points he makes $37k this week as well.  This makes him the second best cash maker and compared to FF he earns more points and cash. But.. Robinson will do Robinson things which will boggle the mind, and upset the soul. He is a bench forward.. and again Robinson.

Curran - 50 points and $28k for this week. Still a bench prop like TM8, but who knows because he still keeps getting minutes. Second game Faamuasili got HIA'd Instantly, but first game didn't seem like too much injuries to warrant so many minutes. He most likely scores the same or less than everyone but FF on this list, and earns the least money not counting the guns.

So right now I have Lussick and FF locked in, but can definitely see value in making it Hopgood for the points and stability. Right now Ialready have 4 more people to trade out next week. So the cash is winning out due to flexibility.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:59 am

Your projections of 40-45 point plodder Lussick being "a real good chance to be the best scorer", with consistently 70+ average half Hynes getting a 65 against the Tigers seem questionable there.

Not saying Lussick isn't a buy, but that's a bit OTT.
    Dananz
    Dananz

Post by Dananz Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:28 am

standard-issue wrote:It would be nice to see you posting more again then if you are back in NZ.  Unless of course you actually like your kids and genuinely want to spend time with them as opposed to us Laugh 3

Snatch and I need another nice guy on here to take some of the Soft Cock votes away from us at years end Very Happy

😆 I do actually like the little ones/feel morally obliged to spend as much time with them as I can while they are still little, as they drain my life force away while driving me mad and ultimately giving my life a greater meaning.

But I'll try to sub on off the bench for my fellow softies as much as I can.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:41 am

Dananz wrote:

😆 I do actually like the little ones/feel morally obliged to spend as much time with them as I can while they are still little, as they drain my life force away while driving me mad and ultimately giving my life a greater meaning.

But I'll try to sub on off the bench for my fellow softies as much as I can.

It's time we'll spent bro!

If you are lucky enough that they have an interest in NRL it is a double win. My boy is a Warriors fan which makes me proud, my daughter is a punishing Panthers supporter, not sure where I went wrong.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:01 am

Camo123 wrote:

Hear me out, Haas to Galvin

Chase the guns dropping in price next week

Can't tell if you're serious or not.

Definitely re-considering Haas to Hoppy and going Haas to Lussick or Curran and to keep focussing on cash gen. Concerned if I take hopppy the cash gen will fall behind the pack and then forever be chasing the next best thing.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:08 am

wolfking wrote:Haas and Luki out for May and Lussick.  455K in the bank.

I feel like we're in-sync season on season brother! Lock it in and biff the keys. Cash in the bank feels good moving forward. Definitely forgoing a few points, hoping the cash-gen makes up for it long term.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:15 am

BCT05 wrote:Somebody check on Cookie I need to know who let me down in fantasy fantasy last week

If you picked MS before round 10 it's your own fault
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:18 am

Boozecluez wrote:So looks like the captain Hynes party is getting more members
    I thought my non haas hipster team was unique with Lussick,Curran,May,Galvin haha

Welcome to the party pals
    I'm bringing in May and Lussick this week, I've never been a hipster. I got my first iPhone in 2012 and it was a 4s. I now have an iPhone 14 so here's hoping Terrell can be a 4s that will turn into a iPhone 14.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:00 am