NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 19 - Souffs best fullback Owen Craigie or Owen Three ?

Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 19 - Souffs best fullback Owen Craigie or Owen Three ? - Page 21 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 19 - Souffs best fullback Owen Craigie or Owen Three ?

Post by Jele Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:16 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    We will fight back mate but not looking likely next week. I got a 741 rank up from 42k to 34k I have similar issues to you. I feel very deflated and miserable.

I’ve never had such a bad start as this

Chin up Rabbits, at least we're not going as badly as the Bunnies Sad
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 19 - Souffs best fullback Owen Craigie or Owen Three ? - Page 21 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 19 - Souffs best fullback Owen Craigie or Owen Three ?

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:33 am

The only thing worse than having Strangevic as my centres is having Russell as my backup CTW / FB. Chan became Russell unfortunately. What a mess, along with so many 30’s and 40’s. As if my score was not shit enough I lose 11 points at the last update. Oh well, still made up 2000 odd places so at least there’s that! The Tigers win was amazing but to still not be in the 8 at the end of the round is very annoying! One of you boffins out there will hopefully be able to tell me the last time the Tigers were actually in the top 8 at the completion of a round. It must have been years ago!
    Shit, I just realised that the Storm bye and Kini’s likely departure means my centre dilemma will continue for another week at least! So this week I’ll be max trading (again) and all I’ll need is a FB and a miracle! Got to love this game!
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:41 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:The only thing worse than having Strangevic as my centres is having Russell as my backup CTW / FB. Chan became Russell unfortunately. What a mess, along with so many 30’s and 40’s. As if my score was not shit enough I lose 11 points at the last update. Oh well, still made up 2000 odd places so at least there’s that! The Tigers win was amazing but to still not be in the 8 at the end of the round is very annoying! One of you boffins out there will hopefully be able to tell me the last time the Tigers were actually in the top 8 at the completion of a round. It must have been years ago!
    Shit, I just realised that the Storm bye and Kini’s likely departure means my centre dilemma will continue for another week at least! So this week I’ll be max trading (again) and all I’ll need is a FB and a miracle! Got to love this game!

Tigers last in top 8 R10 2020

Win this week and back there!

To put that in perspective all 16 other teams spent at least one week in the 8 in 2023
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:54 am

Why are we worried about strange/burbo ctr p'ship they are highly owned & this round highly played
    Goodnight Kiwi
    Goodnight Kiwi

Post by Goodnight Kiwi Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:10 am

mattnz wrote:KPP with a 61 is going to be popular next week if starting again.

Also started Rd2 and got 42. Hard to know like Cotter which score is the outlier just yet. But in consideration as people look to move on Mid/Edge duds like Sitili.

KPP, Tohu and McInness in the convo for me
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

Goodnight Kiwi wrote:

Also started Rd2 and got 42. Hard to know like Cotter which score is the outlier just yet. But in consideration as people look to move on Edge duds like Sitili.

Need the news on all the MID injury outcomes at Sharks to determine if McInnes is likely to be worthwhile.

Just read that Api was sick in the lead up to the game with Gastro. Why he got an early shower.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

Goodnight Kiwi wrote:

Also started Rd2 and got 42. Hard to know like Cotter which score is the outlier just yet. But in consideration as people look to move on Mid/Edge duds like Sitili.

As a season long owner of CM13, I don't advise it. He's not really kicking on like we thought he would, and he's only still in my team because I've had other fires to put out. He got the minutes for once this week but still didn't get the big score. I don't see him being much value at his current price.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:17 am

Jacob Saifiti coming on for a second stint of 5 tackles, 3 misses, and 50RM has to be one of the worst second stints a front row forward has ever produced, surely.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:17 am

Snatchpato wrote:
    As a season long owner of CM13, I don't advise it. He's not really kicking on like we thought he would, and he's only still in my team because I've had other fires to put out. He got the minutes for once this week but still didn't get the big score. I don't see him being much value at his current price.

Toby Rudolf (ankle, TBC)
    Dale Finucane (facial injury, TBC)
    Royce Hunt (calf, TBC)
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:20 am

mattnz wrote:

Toby Rudolf (ankle, TBC)
    Dale Finucane (facial injury, TBC)
    Royce Hunt (calf, TBC)
    63 minutes, 51 points. Second most TBs he's ever had in a game as a Lock. Not sure where the value is unless he's playing 80?
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:32 am

For those panicking about Lussick just keep in mind the kind of game the Eels Manly one was. It was open and free flowing. His job in attack was to provide service to Hopgood Brown and Moses. He had a couple of burrows at the line which, if a defender falls asleep or slips of a tackle is 14-16 extra points.

In attack Manly were throwing the ball around as much as the Eels were. There wasn't a lot of tackling to be done. For perspective, it was Lussick's lowest tackle count (29) in 70-80 minute games. The next lowest is 38 (9 extra points).

It definitely wasn't a good score, no doubt about it, but I suspect we've just seen Lussick's floor for this year.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:39 am

Hey @my tv broke I assume that your website has it's own MN calculation right? I was wondering if it would be possible to add to player profiles what they're currently priced at? Quick mock up below:

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 19 - Souffs best fullback Owen Craigie or Owen Three ? - Page 21 Priced10

I only ask because I find it easier to see value in a player by assigning them an average and then comparing that to their current price. I find it easier than looking at breakevens and predicting scoring for next X rounds, I prefer to just compare current price to future price (long term thinking). If possible to add (no rush) that'd be awesome.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:44 am

Snatchpato wrote:
    63 minutes, 51 points. Second most TBs he's ever had in a game as a Lock. Not sure where the value is unless he's playing 80?

Last season at lock he averaged 58 in 58 minutes. His other 2 games this season he had 1PPM+, it was just the minutes that you were disappointed with.

NRL PHYSIO

Toby Rudolf
    left the ground in a boot/on crutches after suffering a suspected syndesmosis injury. Classic mechanism with tackler contact outside of lower leg - foot twists out.

Not often a player is booted with a high ankle sprain & comes back quickly: >4 weeks wouldn’t suprise.

Dale Finucane didn’t return for the Sharks after failing his HIA. At least 2 incidents of head contact during the game.

Added concern here is Finucane’s concussion history - 6 in the past 3.5 years (!!) and at least 8 in his career. 11 day stand down (& more?) ahead for him.

BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:46 am

Snatchpato wrote:

Can I direct you to this post from a very wise man?  Razz

Snatchpato wrote:Grant more tackles in a single half than Lussick and Hopgood in the entire last game. Just goes to show how the game flow can affect fantasy scoring, and why it's so important to play averages and not single game scores.

Had no interest in McInnes to start the year but if even 2 of those 3 are out long term then he should certainly be of interest to people. We know what kind of scoring he can achieve playing 60mins+. Not sure where I would fit him in personally.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:47 am

Snatchpato wrote:Hey @my tv broke I assume that your website has it's own MN calculation right? I was wondering if it would be possible to add to player profiles what they're currently priced at? Quick mock up below:

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 19 - Souffs best fullback Owen Craigie or Owen Three ? - Page 21 Priced10

I only ask because I find it easier to see value in a player by assigning them an average and then comparing that to their current price. I find it easier than looking at breakevens and predicting scoring for next X rounds, I prefer to just compare current price to future price (long term thinking). If possible to add (no rush) that'd be awesome.

This would be great
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:59 am

Snatchpato wrote:For those panicking about Lussick just keep in mind the kind of game the Eels Manly one was. It was open and free flowing. His job in attack was to provide service to Hopgood Brown and Moses. He had a couple of burrows at the line which, if a defender falls asleep or slips of a tackle is 14-16 extra points.

In attack Manly were throwing the ball around as much as the Eels were. There wasn't a lot of tackling to be done. For perspective, it was Lussick's lowest tackle count (29) in 70-80 minute games. The next lowest is 38 (9 extra points).

It definitely wasn't a good score, no doubt about it, but I suspect we've just seen Lussick's floor for this year.

Love your work
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:22 am

Better late than never - 790 for the round, including all the usual suspects and everyone's favoured cow CTR pairing. Overall rank up to 11k (from 23k).

Glad to see most people had a positive week, despite some of the mediocrity. Keep heading in the right direction and plan to make up ground on the leaders over the bye period.
    awanamafia
    awanamafia

Post by awanamafia Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:31 am

A bit off the pace this week by the sounds of some of the big dawg scores in here - 786

With $531k in the bank I'll be looking to target some juicy upgrades. Likely chasing last weeks points with Koroisau
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:48 am

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 19 - Souffs best fullback Owen Craigie or Owen Three ? - Page 21 Img_3115

Tight squeeze down in League 9 😳
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:56 am

BCT05 wrote:

Can I direct you to this post from a very wise man?  Razz

Had no interest in McInnes to start the year but if even 2 of those 3 are out long term then he should certainly be of interest to people. We know what kind of scoring he can achieve playing 60mins+. Not sure where I would fit him in personally.
    Haha it’s hard to take my own advice! Fair point though, I didn’t catch the Sharks game. Just saw 42 tackles and figured “seems standard”

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:09 am