NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

lukeayee
    lukeayee

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 17 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

Post by lukeayee Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:33 pm

ytsb wrote:

Can't wait to reply in earnest to this and then get a Fishing in response, so I won't. Flogging a dead horse, but you've just made two offhanded assumptions about the three? teachers on here that are objectively wrong (pepp Snatch's chess channel). I don't need to make any assumptions to know that your idea of success is a high salary and a name on a plaque, and not someone with strong character and integrity that builds people up and doesn't tear people down. Do better mate, I only piped up because I'm tired of coming home and reading some entree about your team's trades with a main course of being a dickhead to matt or rabbits21.

Don't think that's a bait. As a fairly new parent of 2 boys myself, going to public funded events (library reading classes, music etc) I was shocked that they now encourage welcome to country at the start of every class and teach tolerance to 1 year olds and up. This isn't education it's indoctrinating them with a victim mentality which ultimately will set them up to fail in life. I don't know anyone who did anything great by making excuses their whole lives. Shit is getting out of control.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 17 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:33 pm

mattnz wrote:If Piakura is out for 4 weeks, I don't see the point in trying to hold him as a cash cow. Stalls cash gen for that period, when you could be putting it into another cow and have a red dot in the interim.

Easy decision for me, I have two other red dots to get rid of, might as well see what happens "when the swelling goes down"
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:33 pm

lukeayee wrote:

I can't help but feel like this plus mam signing will blow up in their face. Their personalities seem to be on the latrell trajectory, self entitled twats, despite the talent. Different story if its somebody with the character of a JT or Petro C for example. This could be the start of the end for the broncos. Will end up a team of individuals.
    Is strong in attack, but not close to top 10 defensive fullbacks. Going to spend a lot of time suspended too, unless he learns to tackle without shoulder charging.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:34 pm

Snatchpato wrote:
    He may have scored a try, but he also dropped a sitter 5m out from his goal line which resulted in them conceding the game winning try. 100% ricky took offence to that

ah i did not see the game - thanks for the info
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:37 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:I suspect I'll regret holding Chan over Piakura. But hey

More importantly! Listening to Big Thief - Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe In You

In Bellamy post match presser re Blore:

I thought he did a really good job and we just need to give him some time there Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Camo123 on Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:37 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:If I'm looking at KPP, Talagi and Finefeuiaki being my next three trades, very conscious of saving some coin, KPP probably least likely to massively increase his price this week?

Talagi seems a pretty solid risk, but if he is going to be worth the punt I'd really prefer not to miss this next price rise. Then hopefully I pick up KPP next week? Is this logical, or just go for the possible cut price keeper this week and give Talagi a week?

I think if you have other more pressing issues, waiting on KPP is fine. This week and next week's price are both likely to be in the category of "needs to be a keeper to justify trade-in", in which case, waiting a week, for further evidence that he is indeed a keeper, is perfectly acceptable.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:39 pm

Camo123 wrote:

I thought he did a really good job and we just need to give him some time there Evil or Very Mad

They also won twice with Chan and lost with Blore Wink
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:40 pm

Ando wrote:

Shots fired, what's the play with Schuster? Holding for the year?

haha i am paying less for him than Manly are...

seriously i wanted to bring him burbo in for him last week but that would have been a bad move... i don't really know how i am going to get rid of him. at least he is not losing value... i will put him at 17 this week and see what he scores

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:44 pm

Good chance I bring in both Galvin and Blaize this week. Really need to start generating some coin and having another option at CTR will be helpful because Strange/Burbo is getting stale.

Let’s just hope the Eels use him a bit more than the Raiders use Strange
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:45 pm

ytsb wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/@TheMarkODonohue/videos

Man can skull beers and play chess. Shame he indoctrinates kids and only achieved a 64 ATAR though Sad

Holy shit!

Mind blown.

Also, what's an ATAR?
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:46 pm

lukeayee wrote:

Don't think that's a bait. As a fairly new parent of 2 boys myself, going to public funded events (library reading classes, music etc) I was shocked that they now encourage welcome to country at the start of every class and teach tolerance to 1 year olds and up. This isn't education it's indoctrinating them with a victim mentality which ultimately will set them up to fail in life. I don't know anyone who did anything great by making excuses their whole lives. Shit is getting out of control.

I teach at a private school and we have welcome to countries at assemblies, outside of school welcome to countries occur before meetings ect. This is a societal thing that I struggle to see a problem with. Private schools (including the one I work at) are often religious and require students to do a religion subject and attend chapel. I think that's more indoctrination than a welcome to country. I've not heard of any school having a welcome to country at the start of class.

Contrary to popular belief, I think that the current issues facing young people of today are outside of school. I feel for the buggers. Parenting has a much greater impact on a child's development to adult than teaching ever would. Parents that are quick to rescue and slow to discipline ultimately raise coddled kids with poor resilience, it's not the welcome to countries. I agree with your points.

EDIT: Anecdotally, I believe kids going to a private school are way less equipped for real life than those from public schools. My own children will either go to a public school in a good catchment, or an "elite" private school. I think the mid-ground private schools are a waste (and I work at one).

Last edited by ytsb on Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:48 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Holy shit!

Mind blown.

Also, what's an ATAR?
    TE Score > OP > ATAR (evolution of Uni entrance scores)…..SAT is from the movies.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:48 pm

GreenMachine wrote:

I’m not a 3 handicapper, formerly scratch who has 3 models as girlfriends and 3 amateur belts, but happy to share experience as a 6’3 former cricketer who sliced the ball when started golf!

Firstly chipping! So common crickets are good at it. Shorter club. Cocked wrists, feel… all works.

Driving - get a lesson. In fact pay for 3 lessons.

Your swing is going to change, and you’re going to be shit. Really bad. Barely able to hit the ball. You’re going to hook a few and you’re going to hit a couple along the ground, but you won’t have this big lofty fadey slice anymore. Why/how?

It’s how cricketers pick up the golf club. We basically do it wrong. You don’t get your club out far enough behind you and you don’t have a straight solid left arm on the backswing.

It’s all pick up and backswing. Be willing to be shit for a few months and you’ll then be good for years. It’s basically un-learning cricket batting.

I think we need to start a Golf thread? I've been playing 2 years and am terrible but the obsession is real! Unfortunately we don't have it all year round in the UK, March-October is we are lucky.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:48 pm

Ando wrote:

Shots fired, what's the play with Schuster? Holding for the year?

lol!
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:48 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Good chance I bring in both Galvin and Blaize this week. Really need to start generating some coin and having another option at CTR will be helpful because Strange/Burbo is getting stale.

Let’s just hope the Eels use him a bit more than the Raiders use Strange
    Nrl360 were raving about his game at CTR tonight and showing highlights. He is going to have a go like Galvin does. Interestingly they were team mates in the halves at the same high school and are playing each other this week.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:49 pm

mattnz wrote:

I play chess really well, like top 0.1% on chess.com. Snatch is significantly better than me at it.
    Being good at chess is fine, but how big is his driving range?
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:52 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:I suspect I'll regret holding Chan over Piakura. But hey

More importantly! Listening to Big Thief - Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe In You
    Good band, release a bit too much material though 🙃
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:52 pm

Ando wrote:

Just so you know I am #TeamRabbit

You're the shittest bloke in the entire world!
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:53 pm

My golf scores are pretty good, but I score more based on the vibe of each hole. It's also hard to remember how many shots when you're drinking, smoking, doing burnouts in the cart and wandering around looking for your or your mate's ball that you forgot to watch land after bouncing.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:54 pm

Camo123 wrote:

Shit.....thats not good.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:01 am