NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 33 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:18 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:I’m doing a Q and A tonight for LMC if anyone has any questions Fire away! Fantasy related questions of course
    I have no hope this round but is Kiraz, against your rabble, a better captain candidate than May (now that he is starting)?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured  - Page 33 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 20 - The Gang All Get Injured

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:18 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:I’m doing a Q and A tonight for LMC if anyone has any questions Fire away! Fantasy related questions of course

favourite body wash?

i typically stick with "Original Source - Mint & Tea Tree". gives a bit of a tingle
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:20 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    Is CNK named in reserve grade this week?

Not sure. Hopefully Wahs assistant coach is in pub on Saturday before Manly kick off so I can ask what's situation
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:24 pm

ytsb wrote:

I teach at a private school and we have welcome to countries at assemblies, outside of school welcome to countries occur before meetings ect. This is a societal thing that I struggle to see a problem with. Private schools (including the one I work at) are often religious and require students to do a religion subject and attend chapel. I think that's more indoctrination than a welcome to country. I've not heard of any school having a welcome to country at the start of class.

Contrary to popular belief, I think that the current issues facing young people of today are outside of school. I feel for the buggers. Parenting has a much greater impact on a child's development to adult than teaching ever would. Parents that are quick to rescue and slow to discipline ultimately raise coddled kids with poor resilience, it's not the welcome to countries. I agree with your points.

EDIT: Anecdotally, I believe kids going to a private school are way less equipped for real life than those from public schools. My own children will either go to a public school in a good catchment, or an "elite" private school. I think the mid-ground private schools are a waste (and I work at one).

Hey ytsb,
    Agree with your assessment RE parenting being the main designator of a child's future potential prospects.
    I teach a a mid-level private school, and we see the same culture of parents swooping in to rescue their child whenever they are facing consequences for poor decisions of behaviour.

Ultimately, we (teachers) can provide every form of support, strategy, content etc. to help kids develop into well-rounded, successful adults, but the family must get on board and be willing to provide boundaries / expectations on their own children, and in my area (senior years) students also need to take responsibility for their own choices.

My two sons attend my school (Year 10 & 6), we (my missus and I) ensure that if they (especially the eldest) make poor decisions, we will not rescue him. "Do the crime, do the time." is a regular retort from me when he mucks around and gets a detention.
    afro
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:25 pm

Unless Wong is a late wight?(in) he will be traded this week. I’m just not sure who joins him,is it silly to trade Piakura when I’m also holding Walsh and Cleary? No matter what I’ll be playing one short this week at least so I plan to bring in Galvin this week before his price shoots up too much and Turbo. Next week I’ll probably bring in Blaize and another gun
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:27 pm

Tigs wrote:Storm injury update

Storm general manager of football Frank Ponissi revealed Munster was a strong chance of returning for the game against the Broncos next Thursday night. "Munster is now returning to full training this week, which is great news,” he said, with Munster set to have more time to train and rehab this week given the Storm have the bye. “If he can train for the rest of this week and early next week given it’s a Thursday night game, then he too will be back for the Broncos game which would be a huge boost for the team.”

Towering prop Nelson Asofa-Solomona is also in the mix to make his 2024 NRL return after he got through 48 minutes for the Bears in reserve grade last week.

The giant forward missed the start of the season with a hamstring issue and the club might opt to keep him in reserve grade just to build up his match fitness.

The Storm will welcome back former skipper Christian Welch next week after he missed the loss to Newcastle due to a head knock suffered in round two, while Reimis Smith and Joe Chan are both tracking well to face Brisbane at AAMI Park. “Reimis copped a nasty whack to the ribs midway through the first half (against the Knights),” Ponissi said.

“He wasn’t able to come back, but the medical staff are happy that he’ll be rehabbing this week and available for selection next week. “Joe was unlucky. Against the Warriors he accidentally got stood on his hand which became infected and required surgery just to clean out any possible infection. “He’s still in rehab this week and we’re hoping that he’ll be available next week against the Broncos.”

That sounds like Joe Chan will be promoted to 90 minute edge and new captain to me.

And Blore released.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:29 pm

Camo123 wrote:

Surely Galvin C just people that swapped Galvin from INT with Cleary

I just don't think there's any point reading anything into it.

There are so many casual teams, and teams that haven't set their captaincy for the round yet that its too hard picking meaningful data out from the noise.

I am just picking a captain on who I think is best, and don't care who others pick.
    Tigs
    Tigs

Post by Tigs Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:30 pm

Shady2K wrote:

That sounds like Joe Chan will be promoted to 90 minute edge and new captain to me.

And Blore released.

That's how I've interpreted it too
    Tigs
    Tigs

Post by Tigs Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:31 pm

If you had to get a half this week not named Hynes, who would it be ?
    Tigs
    Tigs

Post by Tigs Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:34 pm

Panthers injury update
    “Hopefully Nathan's only out a couple of weeks,” the coach said.

“We got the feedback it wasn’t too bad, it certainly wasn’t like last year.

“He’s had a fascia injury in his foot since the pre-season. Sometimes that plays its part, and he’s struggled with that for a bit. This might be a silver lining where he can fix that up as well.”
    Sorensen also suffered an injury in the Round 3 match with scans revealing an MCL injury which will sideline the representative forward for at least the next couple of weeks.

“It’s not too bad and we’re hopeful he’ll be back after the Round 6 bye,” Cleary said.

Fisher-Harris will also miss this week’s match with the Roosters as he recovers from a shoulder injury.

Scans last week showed no structural damage to the shoulder and his return to play is still a week to week proposition. https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2024/03/27/westfund-injury-update-round-4/
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:35 pm

Tigs wrote:

If you had to get a half this week not named Hynes, who would it be ?
    Galvin then fog
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:40 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:

Hey ytsb,
    Agree with your assessment RE parenting being the main designator of a child's future potential prospects.
    I teach a a mid-level private school, and we see the same culture of parents swooping in to rescue their child whenever they are facing consequences for poor decisions of behaviour.

Ultimately, we (teachers) can provide every form of support, strategy, content etc. to help kids develop into well-rounded, successful adults, but the family must get on board and be willing to provide boundaries / expectations on their own children, and in my area (senior years) students also need to take responsibility for their own choices.

My two sons attend my school (Year 10 & 6), we (my missus and I) ensure that if they (especially the eldest) make poor decisions, we will not rescue him. "Do the crime, do the time." is a regular retort from me when he mucks around and gets a detention.
    afro

Love it mate! Unfortunately as a senior chem and bio teacher, and you an English teacher, we have to be sworn enemies. I'm moving from Brisbane to Newcastle at the end of the year and will be looking for employment, could you keep an eye out for me?
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:41 pm

Shady2K wrote:

And Blore released.

If NAS is back I can see Chan getting at least 120 mins
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:46 pm

I considered captaining Turbo for half a second before remembering that time I (and many others) captained Tohu Harris.

I will not be putting the c on old cardboard legs this weekend.
    DazzaNZ

Post by DazzaNZ Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:02 pm

I’ve only got 15 green dots after trades this week in my cash H2H league.
    Figured a captaincy on Turbo is one potential way of having a chance of a win.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:08 pm

filthridden wrote:I considered captaining Turbo for half a second before remembering that time I (and many others) captained Tohu Harris.

I miss the old days when you captained Jake Trbojevic every week and you liked his safe 50 points all in base.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:17 pm

filthridden wrote:I considered captaining Turbo for half a second before remembering that time I (and many others) captained Tohu Harris.

Join us ; Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    THEGAME
    THEGAME

Post by THEGAME Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:20 pm

So you have Chin

Are you

👍Keeping
    👎Trading

Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:21 pm

Need a WFB to run 17.

I asked my raider and NRL Fantasy loving mate about Schiller $250k DPP.

He had many good things to say about him.

Said he looked slick and fast in the trials.

Said he and many Raiders fans were surprised he didn't start Round 1.

Also said, it's his spot to lose.

I'm liking Kini to Schiller and 17 green dots.

And a new addition of Talagi to the mixing pot of shittos in CTR.

Does kinda look like I'd be trading shittos for shittos though.
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:22 pm

I'm actually leaning keep now tbh

If we be hopeful that it's 3 weeks, which is really 2 as one was a bye, I think I can stomach it.

Already burning trades constantly, and it's going to be hot when he's back and nobody else has him

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:14 am