NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 22 - Why would you captain a WFB?

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 22 - Why would you captain a WFB? - Page 37 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 22 - Why would you captain a WFB?

Post by Chewie Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:37 pm

BBowler wrote:NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 22 - Why would you captain a WFB? - Page 37 Img_3117

Could be some changes on the cards at the Raiders, wonder who Ricky’s victims will be this week!

Doesn't Ricky know he should alternate Josh & Joe and not play them at the same time... what a noob
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 22 - Why would you captain a WFB? - Page 37 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 22 - Why would you captain a WFB?

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:39 pm

What is this strange phenomenon of an update? My score actually went up. 13 /582. I wonder if it will catch on.
    syn13
    syn13

Post by syn13 Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:59 pm

Live rank watch with my 4 Raiders was a weird once, halved my rank from 11600-odd into the 5400’s after the first half, then hit a wall and finished up in the 5700s after full-time, 5818th after updates, on 14/555 with (C)Korosau, Galvin and Lussick left, best case is probably just hoping for 750+ at this stage
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:00 pm

robelgordo wrote:

3293rd Cool

2 players tomorrow so I suppose it goes backwards. Sticking in top 10k would be nice

Just a cheeky 29pts in updates, up another 800ish ranks.

OB
    OB

Post by OB Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:02 pm

I keep looking at my league and feeling disappointed with my score, but have to remember that I am comparing my score to Booze and the fact that I will only score 50 beneath him is pretty damn good.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:18 pm

Had high hopes with Hosking starting today, but it all came crashing down.
    All in all it looks like I'll score on par this round despite the setback, no idea what I'm going to do with Hosking yet though, I guess it depends on how long Whitehead is sidelined
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:31 pm

my tv broke wrote:Ive played this game since about 2014, and i think this is the first year i will have double traded every week for the first four rounds. And it wont stop there!

Haven't played as long as that, but I definitely lean towards holding trades when I can, and I'm the same this year. Used every single available trade, and there is no chance at all it's slowing down any week soon. It's a real worry, but only consolation I can think of is that I assume most are in the same boat.

mattnz wrote:

If Whitehead is out still, Hosking will be missing too, might see Horse on the EDG and some decent minutes next week. But yeah, going sooner rather than later. Not like he has attacking upside.

Fair point about Smithies that I'd not had time to process yet. Definitely needs to go, but this might be reason enough to hold for one more week while other fires are put out.

Loomer wrote:

Was drinking with the assistant coach last night and he said CNK back next week. I asked about Stacey Jones on the radio saying RTS only playing fullback if CNK and Tuaupiki out and he said yes that's how it is

Did he mention where Tuaupiki is playing next week? If I was picking the team I'd have him alongside SJ in the halves and it'd have absolutely nothing at all to do with the fact that I held him this week in Fantasy.

Anyway, just getting up to date and about to check out the scores. Relatively speaking, some pretty big scores being posted. I'm sitting on 564/14(c) with Galvin, Lussick and Talagi to play. Score is going to be a dog turd, but I'm at peace with it considering I'm only playing 15 this week. Good day today, with Hynes (c) and Ponga. And let's be honest, Levi. What a gun.

Anyway, strap on your boredom helmets as I have a little browse at the entire scorecards;

Ponga - nice to see him deliver this week. First few weeks have been tough without being disastrous, but nice timing this week. Definitely seemed to be outside of the action for the majority of the second half, but nice late run of points.

Egan - dude would surely be a gun hooker if he could string a few games together.

Tohu - would have been such a solid option to start the season with. With my current MIDs, will need to look harder at him.

KPP - been in my sights and hoping I can finally pull the trigger this week, but a little concerned other things will get in the way again. Hopefully not.

Best - was keeping an eye on him too, hoping for a bit more lost cash. This (49) could put a halt to that.

Cogger - surprisingly low scores for two starts now.

CHT - saw some chat about him being a possible trade target. I was silently hoping he had a WFB dual position just in case, lol, but 31, with a try, in 71mins definitely isn't high on the appeal-o-meter.

J.Brailey - I wonder if he will start at some point. Price could be insane with a few more of these (14).

Game Two;

Hynes - thank you, captain.

McInnes - nice for those that held on. So tempting if this could be somewhat maintained. Will keep an eye on that bench after the bye as my MIDs are horrid.

Fogarty - so painful. I wish all my other players in other positions could not be so shit so I could just concentrate on this. Instead I need to get some WFB I will hate looking at in my team this week. Plus my MID/EDG/CTR is sickening. Must get the Fog, though.

Jack Williams - lol, wtf is that ppm? Abbreviation overload. 59 in 46min.

Tapine - guess that stops his price drops (57).

Levi - immaculate timing from the GOAT. Nice that I can hold while attending to far bigger concerns. I saw some posts suggesting Smithies might have gone off (again) with a HIA at the end. Was this the reason Levi came back on? Not planned or anything?

Iro - auto-fill team loved this, but what a headache he's going to be in a fortnight. If he starts again but there's still a bunch of Sharks forwards out for another week or two, going to create some issues on whether to pick him up or not. Future headache.

Strange - nice, and thank you good sir. Another one removing himself from the spotlight for another week as it shines on Hughes, Tuaupiki, Salmon, Sitili and...

Smithies - this guy. I will factor in Matt's point above about Hosking and potentially Whitehead being out and this benefitting Smithies, but that'd only be a one week band-aid. Dude needs to go, asap.

Schiller - 34 with two tries. Yuck.

And that about wraps it up. Some big names at the end of that scorecard in Kris, Hosking, Talakai and Kennedy. Sad end for Hosking owners.

And that's about it. I gotta get to sleep. Sorry for the mind saliva.

Oh, and I missed Metcalf. Very bummed for him. Didn't have him in Fantasy but I did in both SC and VSDT. Had to trade him out in SC this week, against my will, to get in Galvin. Crazy how that turned out, but really sad to see. Hope he's not out for too long as he'd had a good start to the season.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:43 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

Haven't played as long as that, but I definitely lean towards holding trades when I can, and I'm the same this year. Used every single available trade, and there is no chance at all it's slowing down any week soon. It's a real worry, but only consolation I can think of is that I assume most are in the same boat.

Fair point about Smithies that I'd not had time to process yet. Definitely needs to go, but this might be reason enough to hold for one more week while other fires are put out.

Did he mention where Tuaupiki is playing next week? If I was picking the team I'd have him alongside SJ in the halves and it'd have absolutely nothing at all to do with the fact that I held him this week in Fantasy.

Anyway, just getting up to date and about to check out the scores. Relatively speaking, some pretty big scores being posted. I'm sitting on 564/14(c) with Galvin, Lussick and Talagi to play. Score is going to be a dog turd, but I'm at peace with it considering I'm only playing 15 this week. Good day today, with Hynes (c) and Ponga. And let's be honest, Levi. What a gun.

Anyway, strap on your boredom helmets as I have a little browse at the entire scorecards;

Ponga - nice to see him deliver this week. First few weeks have been tough without being disastrous, but nice timing this week. Definitely seemed to be outside of the action for the majority of the second half, but nice late run of points.

Egan - dude would surely be a gun hooker if he could string a few games together.  

Tohu - would have been such a solid option to start the season with. With my current MIDs, will need to look harder at him.

KPP - been in my sights and hoping I can finally pull the trigger this week, but a little concerned other things will get in the way again. Hopefully not.

Best - was keeping an eye on him too, hoping for a bit more lost cash. This (49) could put a halt to that.

Cogger - surprisingly low scores for two starts now.

CHT - saw some chat about him being a possible trade target. I was silently hoping he had a WFB dual position just in case, lol, but 31, with a try, in 71mins definitely isn't high on the appeal-o-meter.

J.Brailey - I wonder if he will start at some point. Price could be insane with a few more of these (14).

Game Two;

Hynes - thank you, captain.

McInnes - nice for those that held on. So tempting if this could be somewhat maintained. Will keep an eye on that bench after the bye as my MIDs are horrid.

Fogarty - so painful. I wish all my other players in other positions could not be so shit so I could just concentrate on this. Instead I need to get some WFB I will hate looking at in my team this week. Plus my MID/EDG/CTR is sickening. Must get the Fog, though.

Jack Williams - lol, wtf is that ppm? Abbreviation overload. 59 in 46min.

Tapine - guess that stops his price drops (57).

Levi - immaculate timing from the GOAT. Nice that I can hold while attending to far bigger concerns. I saw some posts suggesting Smithies might have gone off (again) with a HIA at the end. Was this the reason Levi came back on? Not planned or anything?

Iro - auto-fill team loved this, but what a headache he's going to be in a fortnight. If he starts again but there's still a bunch of Sharks forwards out for another week or two, going to create some issues on whether to pick him up or not. Future headache.

Strange - nice, and thank you good sir. Another one removing himself from the spotlight for another week as it shines on Hughes, Tuaupiki, Salmon, Sitili and...

Smithies - this guy. I will factor in Matt's point above about Hosking and potentially Whitehead being out and this benefitting Smithies, but that'd only be a one week band-aid. Dude needs to go, asap.

Schiller - 34 with two tries. Yuck.

And that about wraps it up. Some big names at the end of that scorecard in Kris, Hosking, Talakai and Kennedy. Sad end for Hosking owners.

And that's about it. I gotta get to sleep. Sorry for the mind saliva.

Oh, and I missed Metcalf. Very bummed for him. Didn't have him in Fantasy but I did in both SC and VSDT. Had to trade him out in SC this week, against my will, to get in Galvin. Crazy how that turned out, but really sad to see. Hope he's not out for too long as he'd had a good start to the season.

Great wrap up mate but no Seb Kris wow!

I’m wondering now if it’s too late to get Fog he will be at like 730-735k wondering if Dylbags is a better option.

Ricky will defs make changes. I’m wondering if he’s gonna move Kris to FB. Schiller and Savage will be dropped I reckon he was seething at the presser.
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:58 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:

Great wrap up mate but no Seb Kris wow!

I’m wondering now  if it’s too late to get Fog he will be at like 730-735k wondering if Dylbags is a better option.

Ricky will defs make changes. I’m wondering if he’s gonna move Kris to FB. Schiller and Savage will be dropped I reckon he was seething at the presser.

I don't think he will move Rapana from FB. He offers more than Kris in the position. I think he was probably more focussed on Middles with his changes comments. If anyone was going to get the chop from the backs it will be savage - he was lazy in his effort and made a couple of huge blunders. Schiller seemed fine.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:31 am

Shady2K wrote:Fuck you Levi you gremlin

Lol
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:34 am

I did not realise Broncos have 54,000 members in the NRL, wow…….
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:21 am

Rabbits21 wrote:I did not realise Broncos have 54,000 members in the NRL, wow…….

We are the real pride of the league rabbits.

Jump on board
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:44 am

B/L wrote:

We are the real pride of the league rabbits.

Jump on board
    Is that counting heads or just the memberships?
    kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

Post by kamikamicameleons Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:47 am

Revraiser wrote:

Really, I thought he was still a free man on here .. ?

Has he slipped in the shower? That can be deadly for the elderly
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:00 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Also Smithies is a bit shit isn’t he

Yeah he’s just a poor plodder. The hope was he’d get more minutes and be slow burn for us. Looks like he’s going to slow burn backwards now.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:08 am

my tv broke wrote:You can tell by the lack of scores being posted its all gone to shit for a lot of us.

Ill crack 700 if lussick and galvin can average 40 tomorrow... So looking like about 670 all up lol

I'm on 630/14 (c) with J. Lussick, Galvin & Blaize left...happy ponga finally hauled
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:09 am

OB wrote:

I don't think he will move Rapana from FB. He offers more than Kris in the position. I think he was probably more focussed on Middles with his changes comments. If anyone was going to get the chop from the backs it will be savage - he was lazy in his effort and made a couple of huge blunders. Schiller seemed fine.

Horse and savage were particularly shocking
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:26 am

what has pissed me off this morning is benching gabriel & saliba when they got a cs lol
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:29 am

Horse was real bad - not the guy we saw last year
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:30 am

@Fraser how good is our boy Jaifiti. 47 feels like a banner

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07, 2024 8:51 pm