NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 24 - Rumours, Wet Captains & No Mods, Oh My!

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 24 - Rumours, Wet Captains & No Mods, Oh My!  - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 24 - Rumours, Wet Captains & No Mods, Oh My!

Post by wolfking Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:59 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:

I had a right to be angry when Damien Cook got several try assists for the same last year that’s the last I’ll say on it.

I love this game and it’s fun but you know how competitive I am. Sending the email for it off my chest more even if he doesn’t get it at least I tried.

Anyway either he gets it or he doesn’t I can’t change it! But many others get the shots over similar and try saves too.

Exactly brother, you can't change it.  Need more of that.  We all love that you are so passionate and competitive and it sucks we are having such a shit year so far, trust me just don't let it consume you hey.  Just remember there's probably a lot of players outside your 21 that are getting stats heavily dudded every game.  If sending an email makes you feel better, that's fine, just try not to kill yourself over the stress of it.  And we don't need to hear about it over and over again truthfully.

If it helps, I've never had a start as bad as this year since my rookie year from memory so, I'm treating this year differently which may help.  It's clear where we are ranked we ain't winning this thing, and that's fine, never been about winning really just doing the best you can and having a laugh.  I'm treating this year now as a simple fun exercise to see how high I can get from where I am, pure survival.  If that's top 1000, top 5000 or top 10000 or lower than at least I've had some fun clawing some ranks back.  Enjoy the journey more than the final destination.  So remember, the 7 points that may get missed here and there might mean a few ranks lower finish but if that means you finish at 1600 or 1650, does that really matter?

Last edited by wolfking on Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    BCT05
    BCT05

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 24 - Rumours, Wet Captains & No Mods, Oh My!  - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 24 - Rumours, Wet Captains & No Mods, Oh My!

Post by BCT05 Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:59 pm

Well what a fun ride over the last few weeks with Cook...

Maybe I'll spend up a bit more this week and he can piss off to fund Hynes with the bye coming up anyway, hooker cover is overrated.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:59 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    Each to their own. I’m glad you figured it out and it works for you. Alas we are all wired differently. We can offer advice, that’s fine, but the amount of shit Rabbits gets from this site is truly awful. Nothing any of us will suggest is going to change who Rabbits is. He’s doing no harm to others (people can just not read it or read it and not comment), and whilst he would appear over invested in fantasy, he might actually really like it. Some people use these anonymous chat sites as an outlet to express themselves as they feel comfortable so why do people feel the need to put shit on him?

He was carrying on with annoying repetitive posts and was told by two separate moderators to stop.  A vent is fine,  going on and on about it isn't and could be moderated. This goes for everyone. Rabbit seniors original ban was as much about annoying repetitive posts that just makes the forum a shambles, as it was for personal attacks.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:00 pm

Milchcow wrote:

It's just that earlier in the week someone drew attention to the fact he averaged over 80 against them.

I think it was just a bit of a "fun" fact, but just thought it worth bringing up again with news Butters pushed him as captain.
    Not that we should laugh, seeing as we were heavily behind Trbo last week.

Captain Ponga or Teddy next week?  They play each other

I can't believe that guy is charging people for advice and that's what he's dishing up.....in round fucking 5. Good lord, poor saps he is swindling.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:01 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:I just realised I left the captaincy on Ponga (thank God I took it off Paps), I thought it was on Fogarty. It’s been raining for two days in Sydney, and apparently it’s worse in Newcastle, so I hope he brings his flippers and can at least outscore Paps. Speaking of the torrential rain predicted in Newcastle I bet the ground is packed out -amazing supporters!

Agreed. Knights have great support.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:03 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Captain's run done and dusted. My last one of this Aus trip so it was cool.

Again, a really light session but they looked a lot sharper than yesterday. Lots of energy and chat again. Just went through a couple of plays but it was nothing special or anything to note.

Afterwards was cool though! Most of the boys came over and said hi which was awesome!

I can confirm that Pete is playing. Was out there again today and I spoke to Cooky about it too. Cook to start, Pete off the bench.

The bench will be Pete, Cheeks, Tallis and Kepp. A bit light on which worries me.

From my mate

Rest of the side seems as named.

Boys are ready to go.

See that's a good Rabbits post. Have a thumbs up.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:03 pm

Mulvy wrote:

He was carrying on with annoying repetitive posts and was told by two separate moderators to stop.  A vent is fine,  going on and on about it isn't and could be moderated. This goes for everyone. Rabbit seniors original ban was as much about annoying repetitive posts that just makes the forum a shambles, as it was for personal attacks.

This is the thing.

Edit : Have an upvote
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:05 pm

Mod edit: repetitive
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:07 pm

I was wrong, I got all riled up but I'll look out for that in the future.....
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:08 pm

Mulvy wrote:

See that's a good Rabbits post.  Have a thumbs up.

It’s weird look how light on our bench is now mate don’t understand only 1 bench prop
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:09 pm

wolfking wrote:

Exactly brother, you can't change it.  Need more of that.  We all love that you are so passionate and competitive and it sucks we are having such a shit year so far, trust me just don't let it consume you hey.  Just remember there's probably a lot of players outside your 21 that are getting stats heavily dudded every game.  If sending an email makes you feel better, that's fine, just try not to kill yourself over the stress of it.  And we don't need to hear about it over and over again truthfully.

If it helps, I've never had a start as bad as this year since my rookie year from memory so, I'm treating this year differently which may help.  It's clear where we are ranked we ain't winning this thing, and that's fine, never been about winning really just doing the best you can and having a laugh.  I'm treating this year now as a simple fun exercise to see how high I can get from where I am, pure survival.  If that's top 1000, top 5000 or top 10000 or lower than at least I've had some fun clawing some ranks back.  Enjoy the journey more than the final destination.  So remember, the 7 points that may get missed here and there might mean a few ranks lower finish but if that means you finish at 1600 or 1650, does that really matter?

Noted mate and taken on board.

My team value is 10.74 mil lots are around 11mil I’m back on Dylbags over Fog to save 76k Dylan should make 100k and plays round 13 and 14. Can trade him after that if needed
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:12 pm

Ended up with captain KPP despite all the chaos

One of these weeks he is gonna go over for a try
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:13 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Ended up with captain KPP despite all the chaos

One of these weeks he is gonna go over for a try

I was set on KPP, then Thursday horn dog mode from years ago took over and I captained Pappy. Can I be forgiven ??
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:15 pm

I am on here less and less these days but here are my 2c:

1 - You're playing fantasy because you enjoy it. Have fun. Don't stress about the small things. I am having the worst year I've had in my memory at fantasy but I like the challenge of trying to claw my way back, like Rabbits intends to do. 
    2 - Similary, if you can ignore posters you don't enjoy or block them and move on with your life then do so. Rabbits clearly doesn't like me and manages to ignore my posts about how terrible Souths are and moves on with his life just fine. Kudos.

3 - personal attacks/name calling etc is unwarranted and unecessary.

4 - this forum as a whole is still fantastic. Like seriously, some of us have been on here for over a decade in some form or another, others come and go. It's never going to be perfect. No one is going to get along with everyone. Some will post a lot and some a little, some will be helpful and some are just writing limericks about Jamal Fogarty or pretending to be bush poets. We do look after each other in several ways. We are a community. Relfect and enjoy the place for what it is.

xoxo gossip filth
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:18 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:

Noted mate and taken on board.

My team value is 10.74 mil lots are around 11mil I’m back on Dylbags over Fog to save 76k Dylan should make 100k and plays round 13 and 14. Can trade him after that if needed

Don't worry about others team value, that can't help you. I like Fog as a season keeper but I think Brown is just as fine an option.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:18 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Mulvy wrote:

I do not think I went overboard I’ve seen others say similar to me over time I apologise if anyone took offence. If anyone thinks I’m overboard go on fantasy Facebook pages and discords and some are carrying on about it 600percent  worse than me.

Well you did, read the room better. Posts you posted got heavily down voted and posts that called you out for it got heavily upvoted. So regardless to whether you think you did or not you need to reflect better and adjust.

Also because someone else is worse than you doesn't make your behaviour any better. This isn't discord and this isn't Facebook, don't bring that energy in here.

Let's all move on now, everyone has had a say. Back to shit posting from Revs, Mulvy playing both sides and all round good Fantasy bants.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:19 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:

I do not think I went overboard I’ve seen others say similar to me over time I apologise if anyone took offence. If anyone thinks I’m overboard go on fantasy Facebook pages and discords and some are carrying on about it 600percent  worse than me.

Will this situation be discussed on next weeks LMC podcast?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:21 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Well you did, read the room better. Posts you posted got heavily down voted and posts that called you out for it got heavily upvoted. So regardless to whether you think you did or not you need to reflect better and adjust.

Also because someone else is worse than you doesn't make your behaviour any better. This isn't discord and this isn't Facebook, don't bring that energy in here.

Let's all move on now, everyone has had a say. Back to shit posting from Revs, Mulvy playing both sides and all round good Fantasy bants.

Who dat ??
    ynot
    ynot

Post by ynot Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:22 pm

Speaking of paying for fantasy numbers, some kind soul has subscribed to yafss, if you are wondering who the big circle is.

I was trying to think how I could add a few as supporters from here (for free obviously), first in FOG? Anyone got any other ideas?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:23 pm

@Honeysett @filthridden couple of stalwarts, padding up strong

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:42 am