NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 24 - Rumours, Wet Captains & No Mods, Oh My!

The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 24 - Rumours, Wet Captains & No Mods, Oh My!  - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 24 - Rumours, Wet Captains & No Mods, Oh My!

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:28 am

wolfking wrote:

I've had seasons playing this game where I was so invested it literally controlled my life.  I was using it as an escape from my daily life for a long time but the control it can take over you and the pure obsession becomes unhealthy and other areas of your life become affected.

Once you realise finally that it's just a game and the results and outcomes mean literally nothing in the scheme of life, that's a healthier place to be in when playing the game.  A number on where you finished the game the day after the final round means nothing and no one bar you gives a shit and you've just spent over half a year agonising and having your life controlled by it when the day after, it's forgotten and done for no gain.

It's hard to not get overly invested, I know I still do but nothing like I used to.  While I don't give a shit what Rabbit does, our comments are merely seeing one who has an unhealthy obsession with a fictitious game and someone who could be doing other good things with themselves.  

It's supposed to be fun, but when a game controls you so much and takes productivity from you that could be shared in other areas and put to use for yourself and other people, it becomes an unhealthy dependant and that's not a good place to be for something that means nothing and results are nothing but a pure ego boost that could be used excelling in other areas.  I used to think a good rank meant something but in reality no one gives a fuck.

Don't get me wrong, play the game and play it hard, but it's a fine line between being a fun game and an unhealthy adduction cause Ive been there and don't like seeing other people there.
    Each to their own. I’m glad you figured it out and it works for you. Alas we are all wired differently. We can offer advice, that’s fine, but the amount of shit Rabbits gets from this site is truly awful. Nothing any of us will suggest is going to change who Rabbits is. He’s doing no harm to others (people can just not read it or read it and not comment), and whilst he would appear over invested in fantasy, he might actually really like it. Some people use these anonymous chat sites as an outlet to express themselves as they feel comfortable so why do people feel the need to put shit on him?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 24 - Rumours, Wet Captains & No Mods, Oh My!  - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 24 - Rumours, Wet Captains & No Mods, Oh My!

Post by wolfking Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:29 am

Milchcow wrote:After last night's game, Papenhuyzen still averages 70 when playing the Broncos

So if they played again next week, you could still captain him with confidence

I think people are forgetting that the Broncos are a far different side to what they were a few years ago. While he got a 65 against them last year, he didn't play them in 2022 and before that Broncos were shit.

I just think sometimes stats don't always tell the full story.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:32 am

robelgordo wrote:

And then promptly signed with the Sharks.

Feels like we should have at least one of them on the books to this day, if the team was managed properly. Instead had a few years of Moses Mbye

You will have Moses Mbye and you will like it!!!!
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:33 am

I just realised I left the captaincy on Ponga (thank God I took it off Paps), I thought it was on Fogarty. It’s been raining for two days in Sydney, and apparently it’s worse in Newcastle, so I hope he brings his flippers and can at least outscore Paps. Speaking of the torrential rain predicted in Newcastle I bet the ground is packed out -amazing supporters!

Last edited by The Pascoe Fiasco on Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:36 am

People perhaps forgetting the usual suspects were not available this round to captain. Plus some are happy to take risks as opposed to not.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:37 am

Captain's run done and dusted. My last one of this Aus trip so it was cool.

Again, a really light session but they looked a lot sharper than yesterday. Lots of energy and chat again. Just went through a couple of plays but it was nothing special or anything to note.

Afterwards was cool though! Most of the boys came over and said hi which was awesome!

I can confirm that Pete is playing. Was out there again today and I spoke to Cooky about it too. Cook to start, Pete off the bench.

The bench will be Pete, Cheeks, Tallis and Kepp. A bit light on which worries me.

From my mate

Rest of the side seems as named.

Boys are ready to go.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:39 am

@The Pascoe Fiasco whilst I agree with you, at the same time it works both ways and people can lay a little lead down and express themselves also. So long as to not get to personal and vindictive.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:40 am

wolfking wrote:

I think people are forgetting that the Broncos are a far different side to what they were a few years ago.  While he got a 65 against them last year, he didn't play them in 2022 and before that Broncos were shit.

The 65 in R27 was against full reserve grade team

Was a high risk fairly low reward gamble
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:41 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Can sleep soundly tonight knowing that after this week Jesse Arthars will have outscored Taylan May for 300k less

Hope you've put that extra 300k to good use!
    Arthars has looked good this season
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:44 am

Honey Badger wrote:

Narrator: he did not put that extra 300k to good use

Probably, I don’t actually know
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:45 am

my tv broke wrote:

i think Curran is the better buy - though i think his history as an edge isn't hugely relevant since he probably plays the HYBRID role (maybe its better for him anyway and he plays 80 with a good portion of that at mid/lock??)

Love the new avatar!
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:46 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    Each to their own. I’m glad you figured it out and it works for you. Alas we are all wired differently. We can offer advice, that’s fine, but the amount of shit Rabbits gets from this site is truly awful. Nothing any of us will suggest is going to change who Rabbits is. He’s doing no harm to others (people can just not read it or read it and not comment), and whilst he would appear over invested in fantasy, he might actually really like it. Some people use these anonymous chat sites as an outlet to express themselves as they feel comfortable so why do people feel the need to put shit on him?

Everyone has the responsibility to read a room and act accordingly. Being able to express yourself in a public forum doesn't mean it's a free for all, you still need to take into consideration the others and at least take what others say into account to a slight degree. As Rev says, it goes both ways.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:48 am

Camo123 wrote:

The 65 in R27 was against full reserve grade team

Was a high risk fairly low reward gamble

There you go. Makes the punt last night even more questionable IMO.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:48 am

Mod edit: repetitive

Last edited by Rabbits21 on Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:49 am

As an aside, I think it’s a bit much to blame lower total active users here on particular things

It’s a message board in the year 2024. Kids these days are on their discords and video content and whatever.

You can’t grow this place because it’s not the right platform. Which is fine, I like the wrong platform
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:53 am

Honey Badger wrote:

robelgordo wrote:
    Narrator: he did not put that extra 300k to good use

Probably, I don’t actually know

Correct the rest of my team is garbage. But having both Hynes and Cleary could work out between now and origin
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:54 am

wolfking wrote:
    Milchcow wrote:After last night's game, Papenhuyzen still averages 70 when playing the Broncos

So if they played again next week, you could still captain him with confidence

I think people are forgetting that the Broncos are a far different side to what they were a few years ago.  While he got a 65 against them last year, he didn't play them in 2022 and before that Broncos were shit.

It's just that earlier in the week someone drew attention to the fact he averaged over 80 against them.

I think it was just a bit of a "fun" fact, but just thought it worth bringing up again with news Butters pushed him as captain.
    Not that we should laugh, seeing as we were heavily behind Trbo last week.

Captain Ponga or Teddy next week?  They play each other

Last edited by Milchcow on Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:54 am

robelgordo wrote:As an aside, I think it’s a bit much to blame lower total active users here on particular things

It’s a message board in the year 2024. Kids these days are on their discords and video content  and whatever.

You can’t grow this place because it’s not the right platform. Which is fine, I like the wrong platform

I would have got away with it if it wasn't for those pesky kids!!!

2024:
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:55 am

With the recent popularity of laptops, statistics people getting it wrong, and emails, I figured get an appropriate avatar.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:57 am

robelgordo wrote:As an aside, I think it’s a bit much to blame lower total active users here on particular things

It’s a message board in the year 2024. Kids these days are on their discords and video content  and whatever.

Discord (whoever he is) and Facebook/reddit do a good job of filtering out a lot of the trolls and riff raff.

Can't make everyone happy with the crowd we do attract, but generally the user base here is pretty good

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:50 pm