NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:27 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Looking at Forans stats at half and the average of 40 is very 2016/2018 heavy. 

That’s a long long time ago. Surely he has to be making those big kick metres if he’s going to average 40+ for a few weeks

He does. But why wouldn't he if playing next to Brimson? For me, the question isn't whether he'll score well in the role (he should score like Tanah Boyd minus the goalkicking but plus actually being able to play football) it's whether his broken body actually stays on the field for long enough to make it a value trade.

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:28 pm

Casualty ward has HTF back in rd 11, leaving 4 games for Fuller. Pass
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:31 pm

GreenSchist wrote:Just played around with bringing in Jye Gray (I know, bye week trade and all that).
    Few comments making me think he might lock down a spot long term.
    JD said he has 3 weeks to make the spot his own, indicating he’s open to starting him at FB long term.
    Latrell has said he’s willing to play wherever is best for the team.

Looked great despite the HIA, was breaking tackles and getting involved. Seems to be what the team needs. Bit of concern about a coaching change but by all accounts, he is highly thought of.

What say you bunnies fans?

I was just thinking the same thing... In this scenario he's have DPP just in time for R13

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Monty_Burns
    Monty_Burns

Post by Monty_Burns Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:31 pm

BroncosSabres wrote:

I don't trust Kevvie to pick Willison over Fletcher Baker on the bench when Haas is back, with Kobe taking the other bench middle spot. If he gets the spot, I don't know how many mins he plays because Haas will play close to 70, Patty playing close to 80, so it's really the remainder of Jensen's mins + 10?

I'm bringing in Willison this week, I reckon he's too good to leave out of the broncos best 17. There is risk but he's looking like the next Terrell May to me!
    If that doesn't eventuate at least he'll get mins over origin
    Wiremu Trades Gone?
    Wiremu Trades Gone?

Post by Wiremu Trades Gone? Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:36 pm

Khany wrote:Casualty ward has HTF back in rd 11, leaving  4 games for Fuller.  Pass

At that bargain price?? You’re mad
    Cantbeatwinners
    Cantbeatwinners

Post by Cantbeatwinners Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:41 pm

Cheers for the responses regarding the Willison v Waddel trade in, I too think Willison looks a dangerous player, just needs the minutes for the output, obviously during origin his minutes will rise, plus around 50k cheaper than Waddel. Waddel starting role does look juicy though, he certainly gets involved in defence, but also likes a miss tackle, Willison however likes a tb and offload. Definitely 2 different styles of player, but both look on the rise price wise over the next month
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:42 pm

GreenSchist wrote:Just played around with bringing in Jye Gray (I know, bye week trade and all that).
    JD said he has 3 weeks to make the spot his own, indicating he’s open to starting him at FB long term.

Looked great despite the HIA, was breaking tackles and getting involved. Seems to be what the team needs. Bit of concern about a coaching change but by all accounts, he is highly thought of.

David Riccio was saying that he would have been at fullback if Latrell wasn't suspended, with Latrell in CTRs.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:57 pm

Whats the deal with Mariota? Did he replace Hosking and play on the edge and score 1PPM even though he played 72 minutes on the edge for 22 points the week before? Pretty rocks and diamonds, but hard not to take notice of a 57 at $341k. Is there any update on Whitehead? I heard a rumour Hosking is out for a while (source- the grapevine)
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:57 pm

Rabbit wrote:

Did you tell him you've had a hard life? That always works. \\myself....I look 42ish with a very cheeky grin and mammoth organ.

The mouth is technically a structure and not specifically an organ
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:59 pm

Loomer wrote:

Great show. Fun story, I was a poker dealer in Dublin for a few years mid 2000s and dealt at a celebrity charity event that had Norman Pace and Nick Leeson among others

Colourful past mate, interesting hearing tidbitz like this from forum members every now and then
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:00 pm

Yeah, I got sold on him yesterday. Would pick him up this week if it opened up certain trains that required a cheapie, but it's not really a factor this week.

If positional requirements weren't a factor, I'd do Burbo to Gray this week for a loop option, but my need for a CTR currently has me picking up Chester, which I don't love, but I think it needs to be done.

At this point I'll dismiss Finefeuiaki for him next week.
    Tigs
    Tigs

Post by Tigs Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:02 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:Whats the deal with Mariota? Did he replace Hosking and play on the edge and score 1PPM even though he played 72 minutes on the edge for 22 points the week before? Pretty rocks and diamonds, but hard not to take notice of a 57 at $341k. Is there any update on Whitehead? I heard a rumour Hosking is out for a while (source- the grapevine)

Last update from Raiders on Whitehead was 2 weeks ago, saying he'd miss the next 1-2 games
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:02 pm

AL wrote:

Wait, Hale and Pace references but offended someone thought you were older than them? I’m older than you and my recollection of Hale and Pace was my Mum watching it.

I put this down to high intelligence and attention to detail and appreciation of things ahead of my time.
    It's like all the knob end 20yo these days who legit think all the cover songs are originals, but they are rip-offs of old classics. Just unaware.

I must have been 11 or 12 and loving Hale and Pace.
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:03 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:Whats the deal with Mariota? Did he replace Hosking and play on the edge and score 1PPM even though he played 72 minutes on the edge for 22 points the week before? Pretty rocks and diamonds, but hard not to take notice of a 57 at $341k. Is there any update on Whitehead? I heard a rumour Hosking is out for a while (source- the grapevine)

He was in the centres for a lot of that 22 point game when Kris went to FB for Rapana
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:03 pm

Tigs wrote:

Last update from Raiders on Whitehead was 2 weeks ago, saying he'd miss the next 1-2 games

the_great_wobbler wrote:

He was in the centres for a lot of that 22 point game when Kris went to FB for Rapana

:ThankYou:

Last edited by Pookus McFly on Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:04 pm

Wiremu Trades Gone? wrote:

Was Hale and Pace in colour?

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed - Page 8 Giphy
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:04 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

Yeah, I got sold on him yesterday. Would pick him up this week if it opened up certain trains that required a cheapie, but it's not really a factor this week.

If positional requirements weren't a factor, I'd do Burbo to Gray this week for a loop option, but my need for a CTR currently has me picking up Chester, which I don't love, but I think it needs to be done.

At this point I'll dismiss Finefeuiaki for him next week.

I'd do the same but I've got Cleary for looping purposes Rip
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:05 pm

I actually traded him into my Auto-Fill team yesterday before I remembered Whitehead. I don't think there's anything concrete on him but it seems like one of those scenarios where Whitehead just turns up either next Tuesday or the one after without any fanfare.

Alternatively, Matiota could play there for weeks and be the one we all missed.

I know for most, too many Raiders is probably the main issue. It's not for me, but it just seems too risky for me in terms of JS.
    Tigs
    Tigs

Post by Tigs Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:07 pm

Cantbeatwinners wrote:Cheers for the responses regarding the Willison v Waddel trade in, I too think Willison looks a dangerous player, just needs the minutes for the output, obviously during origin his minutes will rise, plus around 50k cheaper than Waddel. Waddel starting role does look juicy though, he certainly gets involved in defence, but also likes a miss tackle, Willison however likes a tb and offload. Definitely 2 different styles of player, but both look on the rise price wise over the next month

Might sound crazy (probably is) but I'm considering grabbing both this round
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:08 pm

the_great_wobbler wrote:

I'd do the same but I've got Cleary for looping purposes Rip

And you can actually use him? I have Cleary and Piakura but can't do anything with either of them because all my spuds play in the last three game of the round. It's very sad. Would love to see a couple of Chevy, Hughes, Finefeuiaki or Chester play, but I have to pick straight up this week.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:51 am