NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed

Post by Revraiser Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:09 pm

Rabbit wrote:

Did you tell him you've had a hard life? That always works. \\myself....I look 42ish with a very cheeky grin and mammoth organ.

Sorry about the roller-coaster posts all

No, I'll put my case forward a little more clearly... my wife is 11 years younger than me and herself is always told she looks younger than her age. Case closed. Organ sufficient, can only bury it so deep anyway affraid
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed

Post by Revraiser Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:10 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:Whats the deal with Mariota? Did he replace Hosking and play on the edge and score 1PPM even though he played 72 minutes on the edge for 22 points the week before? Pretty rocks and diamonds, but hard not to take notice of a 57 at $341k. Is there any update on Whitehead? I heard a rumour Hosking is out for a while (source- the grapevine)

The 57 is on me, I traded him out after starting with him.

geek
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:13 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

And you can actually use him? I have Cleary and Piakura but can't do anything with either of them because all my spuds play in the last three game of the round. It's very sad. Would love to see a couple of Chevy, Hughes, Finefeuiaki or Chester play, but I have to pick straight up this week.

Yeah probably just a basic bench loop of Flanagan and Salmon.

Might be able to figure out something fancier through the halves to have a look at Chan as well.
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:19 pm

GreenSchist wrote:Just played around with bringing in Jye Gray (I know, bye week trade and all that).
    Few comments making me think he might lock down a spot long term.
    JD said he has 3 weeks to make the spot his own, indicating he’s open to starting him at FB long term.
    Latrell has said he’s willing to play wherever is best for the team.

Looked great despite the HIA, was breaking tackles and getting involved. Seems to be what the team needs. Bit of concern about a coaching change but by all accounts, he is highly thought of.

What say you bunnies fans?

He looks like a jet and has a very high ceiling in his career

However, far better backs have been bullied into absolute submission by Cleary's kicking game. There's no downside to waiting 3 weeks to see if he survives the Penrith & Melbourne gauntlet, and then you'll know if he's a chance of keeping his spot. Souths could even have a new coach by then so everything is up in the air. Hate to fence sit but it's really hard to get a read on who's spot is safe in the team - right now it seems Taane Milne has the best JS at souths
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:20 pm

the_great_wobbler wrote:

Yeah probably just a basic bench loop of Flanagan and Salmon.

Might be able to figure out something fancier through the halves to have a look at Chan as well.

Solid. Best I can manage is a look at Lussick but he's the only bench player I'm actually happy to play. Still worthwhile in case of a HIA or injury, but I'd love to be able to use it on the weaker members of my squad.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:25 pm

Can afford to trade Tatola to anyone up to 820k and I'm kinda tempted by DiFi.

Nice little POD at 1.5%.

Threw 50+ scores so far without many significant attacking stats.

Priced at 58 is about a 3-5 point discount depending if you take his career average or 2023 average.

Back starting this week too at least in theory.

But do I want another Titan...
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:31 pm

Which sounds better:

a) Best + Smithies

b) Iro + DiFi (or other gun up to 815k)

c) Iro + Smithies (bank 200k)
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:36 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:Which sounds better:

a) Best + Smithies

I like C. 200k has to come in handy down the line.

I'm not very good at fantasy though. It's a wonder I keep playing.

Last edited by Holy Moly on Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Wiremu Trades Gone?
    Wiremu Trades Gone?

Post by Wiremu Trades Gone? Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:36 pm

Revraiser wrote:

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed - Page 9 Giphy

Laugh 3 Laugh 3
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:42 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:Can afford to trade Tatola to anyone up to 820k and I'm kinda tempted by DiFi.

Nice little POD at 1.5%.

Threw 50+ scores so far without many significant attacking stats.

Priced at 58 is about a 3-5 point discount depending if you take his career average or 2023 average.

Back starting this week too at least in theory.

But do I want another Titan...

How do you have more than 0 Titans?

Risky shots like Joliffe/Foran sure, but it was a gutsy call to bring them in before this week. Then, what? Kini, JC, Boyd, Mofo? Shouldn't be in your team anyway right?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:43 pm

One more week of Seyfarth, before he become Haas.
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:49 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

And you can actually use him? I have Cleary and Piakura but can't do anything with either of them because all my spuds play in the last three game of the round. It's very sad. Would love to see a couple of Chevy, Hughes, Finefeuiaki or Chester play, but I have to pick straight up this week.

I have the same issue!
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:50 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:Which sounds better:

a) Best + Smithies

C - the Alpha move
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:51 pm

GreenSchist wrote:Just played around with bringing in Jye Gray (I know, bye week trade and all that).
    Few comments making me think he might lock down a spot long term.
    JD said he has 3 weeks to make the spot his own, indicating he’s open to starting him at FB long term.
    Latrell has said he’s willing to play wherever is best for the team.

Looked great despite the HIA, was breaking tackles and getting involved. Seems to be what the team needs. Bit of concern about a coaching change but by all accounts, he is highly thought of.

What say you bunnies fans?
    I would like to think Jye holds the spot but I can’t be overly confident. Who knows with Souths currently. Gut feel Jye holds the spot but not fully sure.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:52 pm

Haven’t been around much this week. A few rounds ago I decided to start a spreadsheet, focusing on players starting price, current price, gains, losses, BE, Avg, potential gains, etc. this has really helped me see who still has money to make, who is a hold and who is a sell. Definitely going to start it from round 1 next year, with a few tweaks.

Anyways it’s telling me that Burbo and Campbell still have a bit of money to make but already holding Cleary as an injury and Chan with the low BE, I can still field 17 green dots (looping Flanno and Chan).

TL;DR who is hot this week and who is not
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:54 pm

Looking at….

Hutcho to Angus
    Burbo to Chester

Then wondering whether it’s worth getting Waddell in for Talagi.

If I do those 3 trades would spread the cash a bit and give me a stronger 14-21..

Would leave 25 trades left and 41k spare….

Grant
    May Cotter Cheese
    KPP Angus
    Hynes Dylbags
    Kris Iro
    Ponga Pap Chester

Lussick Galvin Waddell Salmon
    Piakura Hughes Flanagan Strange

Other thoughts upcoming are maybe keep an eye on Garrick was maybe gonna do Kris to Garrick. But then I re thought I’m low on WFB for round 13 and maybe I keep Kris til round 14. I think Hynes and Ponga will both make origin. Maybe it’s a good idea to keep Kris but depends how he goes next few weeks. WFB looks dire for round 13 (I don’t have Kiraz)

Other thoughts are Manu could be a buy come round 13 but we have lots of Roosters already. Brailey and JMK are options coming up to round 13 too.

I know I need to save trades upcoming one week and I will.

Thinking C Hynes and VC Ponga this week.

On Chevy I have 2 Raiders already don’t think I’ll get him.

Thoughts on all this? I need another big week again. Really just weighing up whether to get Waddell or not with that 3rd trade.
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:01 pm

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed - Page 9 Img_3212

What..no HopGood?
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:03 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Looking at….

Hutcho to Angus
    Burbo to Chester

Then wondering whether it’s worth getting Waddell in for Talagi.

If I do those 3 trades would spread the cash a bit and give me a stronger 14-21..

Would leave 25 trades left and 41k spare….

Grant
    May Cotter Cheese
    KPP Angus
    Hynes Dylbags
    Kris Iro
    Ponga Pap Chester

Lussick Galvin Waddell Salmon
    Piakura Hughes Flanagan Strange

Other thoughts upcoming are maybe keep an eye on Garrick was maybe gonna do Kris to Garrick. But then I re thought I’m low on WFB for round 13 and maybe I keep Kris til round 14. I think Hynes and Ponga will both make origin. Maybe it’s a good idea to keep Kris but depends how he goes next few weeks. WFB looks dire for round 13 (I don’t have Kiraz)

Other thoughts are Manu could be a buy come round 13 but we have lots of Roosters already. Brailey and JMK are options coming up to round 13 too.

I know I need to save trades upcoming one week and I will.

Thinking C Hynes and VC Ponga this week.

On Chevy I have 2 Raiders already don’t think I’ll get him.

Thoughts on all this? I need another big week again. Really just weighing up whether to get Waddell or not with that 3rd trade.

I would do those exact trades if I didn’t have Taylan May bleeding my bank.

I may still do this and hope May bounces back.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:06 pm

BBowler wrote:NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed - Page 9 Img_3212

What..no HopGood?
    Feel like you could replace Loiero/Sua with Hopgood and have an infinitely better side
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:06 pm

BBowler wrote:NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed - Page 9 Img_3212

What..no HopGood?

Laughable, looking for impact off the bench and go Loiero.

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:43 am