NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 31 - Signs of the Apocalypse - B/L being right about something

The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 31 - Signs of the Apocalypse - B/L being right about something - Page 10 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 31 - Signs of the Apocalypse - B/L being right about something

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:18 am

Pookus McFly wrote:Is it that Andrew Johns and Tim Simona were treated differently because they are different coloured skin, or because one is arguably the greatest player to lace the boot and the other played centre for the Tigers for five years? Im not trying to disregard the existence of racism, but you don’t have to go looking for it in far corners either. Greg Inglis is a serial wife beater but he’s a good guy at sports so all cool, right?

Dude... You really missed and kind of demonstrated the point. For starters, describing Greg Inglis as a serial wife-beater is kind of defamatory, especially considering the context of the single case and that he was not convicted. He also married the girlfriend involved in this case following this. Secondly, look at what Greg Inglis is doing now and has done since. Further study in community services and youth work and doing the hard yards on the ground as a mental health advocate. His work with the Goanna academy is exemplary https://www.goannaacademy.com.au/ i really don't get your comment at all
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 31 - Signs of the Apocalypse - B/L being right about something - Page 10 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 31 - Signs of the Apocalypse - B/L being right about something

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:35 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Dude... You really missed and kind of demonstrated the point. For starters, describing Greg Inglis as a serial wife-beater is kind of defamatory, especially considering the context of the single case and that he was not convicted. He also married the girlfriend involved in this case following this. Secondly, look at what Greg Inglis is doing now and has done since. Further study in community services and youth work and doing the hard yards on the ground as a mental health advocate. His work with the Goanna academy is exemplary https://www.goannaacademy.com.au/  i really don't get your comment at all

No I can tell that you don’t get my comment at all. This isn’t slander on GI, the dude was my childhood hero but thanks for googling him for me today. The point is that Greg Inglis has been in hot water with domestic violence charges, DUIs and the like and he is still a darling of the Rugby League community. Suggesting that Tim Simona has been unfairly treated because he is black is beyond ridiculous. Its very much a case of looking for racial issues just to talk about racial issues (which ironically dilutes the overall conversation about racial issues).
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:47 am

yeah, he was so close to scoring a try too...

i am glad i did not trade him... at some stage of the season he will go on a run and make cash

no sense in trading wfb/ctr dpp shiittos for no reason. just hit and stick and wait til they come good

I feel Russell may be the one to make way for Sivo and/or Talagi if Parra keep losing. This is coming from a former Russell owner. That right edge last night was trash.
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:49 am

I would say it’s less about race and more about star quality. If the player is a huge marketable commodity the NRL will protect them. If they’re a journeyman (I.e. Simona) they will probably make an example out of them.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:53 am

I'm sitting on 257/5 which I feel seeing some scores is above par, yet I've lost over 3000+ ranks to sit in the 15k
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:53 am

White Lightning wrote:i saw a news article where ba said his team gave up...."we're a part-time footy side atm. we pick & choose when we want to play, we pick & choose when we want to make a tough choice or a soft choice. the 2nd half wasn't good enough it all just got too fast for us & it got too hard & we just gave up it's as simple as that"

as someone who loves league this is embarassing as this is supposed to be the toughest game on the planet where it's played by tough men...if you read his language he said soft which means he called them a bunch of pussies who did not put their bodies on the line.

The issue is he sprayed them privately for the Canberra game, they responded against cows, and now with the Phins they played 30 minutes and hit the break.

Matterson was truly woeful last night. Right edge was woeful. Marker play was extremely lazy (there was one time three players just decided to role casually to the side lmao). Not much BA can do about all of that, but I'd be dropping a couple for a week just to tell the team they're all on notice.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:54 am

BBowler wrote:I would say it’s less about race and more about star quality. If the player is a huge marketable commodity the NRL will protect them. If they’re a journeyman (I.e. Simona) they will probably make an example out of them.

Brett Stewart says otherwise.
    Tigs
    Tigs

Post by Tigs Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:55 am

Jai Arrow update: It is understood that Arrow has trained well in recent days and indications are that he will be take his place for the Rabbitohs against the Storm. (Telegraph)
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:04 am

Pretty soul destroying isn’t it when you don’t have many points then look at your team and see you’ve got to come the likes of Hughes Salmon Chester Chevy Fine Iro Strange… I mean what an absolute pile of shit most of our teams have become. Doesn’t help the likes of May, Harry Grant and Pap blanking.

Only redeeming thing is no longer trotting out Hutch Flano and Levi!
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:05 am

Pookus McFly wrote:

No I can tell that you don’t get my comment at all. This isn’t slander on GI, the dude was my childhood hero but thanks for googling him for me today. The point is that Greg Inglis has been in hot water with domestic violence charges, DUIs and the like and he is still a darling of the Rugby League community. Suggesting that Tim Simona has been unfairly treated because he is black is beyond ridiculous. Its very much a case of looking for racial issues just to talk about racial issues (which ironically dilutes the overall conversation about racial issues).

Again - calling Inglis a serial wife beater is slander... Everyone knew about what Johns was doing and no-one intervened in any way https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/joey-retired-just-in-time-20070831-gdqzxb.html I am not going to respond to this topic anymore here .. You yourself said Johns and Simona were treated differently - but there is no convincing some people so lets leave it to agree to disagree
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:07 am

wests 1-17 panthers 1-17 except alamoti in for may
    Tigs
    Tigs

Post by Tigs Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:14 am

hmm Max King survives 24hr update. Gagai confirmed out for Knights
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:15 am

Again - calling Inglis a serial wife beater is slander... Everyone knew about what Johns was doing and no-one intervened in any way https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/joey-retired-just-in-time-20070831-gdqzxb.html I am not going to respond to this topic anymore here .. You yourself said Johns and Simona were treated differently - but there is no convincing some people so lets leave it to agree to disagree

I chose my vernacular purposefully when it came to my comment Greg Inglis, as a form of hyperbole designed to reflect the sentiments of the fans at the time caring less about his off-field antics as they did his results in the 80 minutes. It isn’t slander, and I make no apologies or retractions. I can plainly see you are the kind of guy who really likes to talk about this ad-nauseam IRL, it is my opinion that this just makes you ignorantly over-sensitised and therefore the most likely to cry wolf to the detriment of the overall conversation and therefore yours isn’t really an opinion i’m at all interested in on a rainy Saturday afternoon with the football afoot anyway. So we will have to disrespectfully agree to disagree on this one my fine finned friend.
    Toothlessshark
    Toothlessshark

Post by Toothlessshark Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:17 am

Kris, s Hughes, salmon or leave them all away and take chans 29.
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:19 am

Maybe this can be taken to its own thread or PM or BBQ.

I might be on my own but I come here for fantasy and bants, and to watch the odd pissing contest. Not this.

Where the fuck is Revs when you need him.

Last edited by AL on Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:20 am

Toothlessshark wrote:Kris, s Hughes, salmon or leave them all away and take chans 29.
    Kris for the upside
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:22 am

I reckon Salmon might get a TB this week
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:28 am

That Gutho trade in is going well…..‘I don’t really like him but he’s going to make money I said to myself’

What’s cookin everyone? Haven’t seen any footy this weekend so far.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:29 am

Toothlessshark wrote:Kris, s Hughes, salmon or leave them all away and take chans 29.

Only a weak gutted mullet would take the 29. Play the game, don't let it play you.

Signed: Cleary seller
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:31 am

AL wrote:Maybe this can be taken to its own thread or PM or BBQ.

I might be on my own but I come here for fantasy and bants, and to watch the odd pissing contest. Not this.

Where the fuck is Revs when you need him.

I haven't received enough upvotes, been pacing the house beating the cat and poppin' pills every 45 mins. cheer

Current date/time is Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:01 am