NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 31 - Signs of the Apocalypse - B/L being right about something

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 31 - Signs of the Apocalypse - B/L being right about something - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 31 - Signs of the Apocalypse - B/L being right about something

Post by White Lightning Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:50 pm

if johns did what simona did he would be sweet & i was watching the sunday footy show when he admitted it.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 31 - Signs of the Apocalypse - B/L being right about something - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 31 - Signs of the Apocalypse - B/L being right about something

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:04 pm

B/L wrote:

Where do we go to find out about the BL wisdom and beginning of the apocalypse?

also i have an itch to know what pages rabbit has discussing his bath Laughing
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:07 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:As a glass half full kind of guy I’m thinking Russell’s 24 is awesome if Lussick can play 80 at HOK and score 28! Not owning Lussick helps with this too! Playing him at 20 also makes me feel much better.

yeah, he was so close to scoring a try too...

i am glad i did not trade him... at some stage of the season he will go on a run and make cash

no sense in trading wfb/ctr dpp shiittos for no reason. just hit and stick and wait til they come good
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:07 pm

White Lightning wrote:if johns did what simona did he would be sweet & i was watching the sunday footy show when he admitted it.

Haas he talked about it on more than one occasion? Because his OG interview about it was on Thursdays Footy Show with Gus Gould.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:08 pm

White Lightning wrote:

example of racism & how rugby league stars are treated differently & given a free pass

good call white lightning... most people never take notice of shit like this

same goes for classism and sexism
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:10 pm

ok boys hopefully today we will get more happiness with big points for our players...maybe the reverse will happen usually every round we start off good then the weekend gets worse...now it's started off bad so it can only get better
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:18 pm

Pretty sure Johns has admittedly to being on ecstasy during games. But this isn't performance enhancing, and I think the fact that he could play a game of football on E when the rest of us would be licking the grass and cuddling the goal post means that his drug use only enhances his legacy Razz
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:19 pm

8/327 for me after adding the Bostock loop in, so I'm just about keeping pace with the YAFSS line.

5 more playing today. Galvin, Turbo, (C)arrigan, Willison and Strange (Kris has been left out to loop in Bostock)
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:24 pm

Bethany_B wrote:8/327 for me after adding the Bostock loop in, so I'm just about keeping pace with the YAFSS line.

5 more playing today. Galvin, Turbo, (C)arrigan, Willison and Strange (Kris has been left out to loop in Bostock)

thing is the yafss line is good but possibly most the reliable indicator of where you are at...

your captain essentially needs to score well above average (72) to keep pace with those who have already captained already

ever done a regression on those lines yafss?

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:30 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:Pretty sure Johns has admittedly to being on ecstasy during games. But this isn't performance enhancing, and I think the fact that he could play a game of football on E when the rest of us would be licking the grass and cuddling the goal post means that his drug use only enhances his legacy Razz

i think he said it calmed his nerves but he's a role model so he inflences young players...what if your son comes to you one day & said i use ecstacy when i play cause a. johns uses it & he never got in trouble so it must be ok.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:37 pm

Camo123 wrote:My only scorer above 50 is Blore who is in 21 Rant
    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 31 - Signs of the Apocalypse - B/L being right about something - Page 9 8nelvw
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:39 pm

I had Lussick in the loop because I am too disgusted that he is even in my team to play him in the 17. I don’t really have anyone to loop him out though- with only Levi to take the spot. But Lussicks’ 28 offends me so much, and I cannot abide it, so im senselessly burning another trade just to avoid a 28 though this pettiness. May>Jolliffe is on the cards, but I could do Levi>Willison, just not sure the latter is playable next week with player’s returning
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:43 pm

White Lightning wrote:

i think he said it calmed his nerves but he's a role model so he inflences young players...what if your son comes to you one day & said i use ecstacy when i play cause a. johns uses it & he never got in trouble so it must be ok.

I was being facetious, but since you asked- i’d sit my son down and i’d say “Son- You are a deadset fucking legend, perhaps on par with Joey himself.”

Laugh 3 What did you want from me here, honestly? Rolling Laugh
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:51 pm

White Lightning wrote:

Andrew Johns was awarded a Centenary Medal by the Australian government for among other things being an outstanding role model for youth

Tim Simona also developed a drug and gambling addiction and had similar impacts to John's, but he was not as famous or relatable - not a good Aussie battler, he was deregistered - did two years of rehab... and then headed to France to try to pay back the people he impacted...

Rugby League is rife with insincere marketing campaigns supporting children's charities shaped by PR agencies.

I know who is more likely to have faced greater adversity growing up.

Tim Simona now sells socks for a living and is still almost universally publically perceived in a negative light.

No shade on either Johns or Simona - just a bit of reflection on how they are not connected
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:02 pm

Is it that Andrew Johns and Tim Simona were treated differently because they are different coloured skin, or because one is arguably the greatest player to lace the boot and the other played centre for the Tigers for five years? Im not trying to disregard the existence of racism, but you don’t have to go looking for it in far corners either. Greg Inglis is a serial wife beater but he’s a good guy at sports so all cool, right?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:26 pm

There is an option to flick Lussick to J. Brailey that is very likely on the cards for me. Don’t care if I have 3 Knights.
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:34 pm

Just back from fishing for a couple of days. Fantasy scores are trash again.

whaddya reckon...play Hughes or Chester?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:50 pm

Rabbit wrote:Just back from fishing for a couple of days. Fantasy scores are trash again.

whaddya reckon...play Hughes or Chester?

I would go with Chester
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:58 pm

White Lightning wrote: it can only get better

Tell him he's D:Reaming
    ynot
    ynot

Post by ynot Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:16 pm

253/6 (C) glad I have built a website to make sure I can accurately track how bad I am Laughing

Current date/time is Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:01 am