NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 33 - Don't listen to Your Guts, they have Sludge for Brains

easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 33 - Don't listen to Your Guts, they have Sludge for Brains - Page 24 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 33 - Don't listen to Your Guts, they have Sludge for Brains

Post by easytiger Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:06 am

Chewie wrote:Saw this comment on the amateurs facebook Q&A regarding Trai Fuller's eligibility:

"The exemption rule isn't a rule anymore. With all the injuries and HIAs, they've made development players available from wk 1. No exceptions required, therefore rosters are now 33-36, not 30.
    The only rule is that train and trials can't play before Rd10.
    So Fuller won't be dropped for a top 30 player."
    - Matthew Lippiatt-Sidman

Some interesting information there, does this sound right?

That doesn't sound right to me.
    I'm sure the Dolphins specifically stated that Fuller got an exemption to play because he is a Cup player.

He isn't listed in their development players (interestingly Max Plath is listed as a dev player).

Went and looked and found this from last week:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-18/nrl-steps-in-to-help-depleted-dolphins-bennett-a-doubt/103741770

"Hubner and Redcliffe's Fuller are on NRL train-and-trial contracts with the Dolphins.

Competition rules state such players can only play at the elite level from round 11 onwards, but the governing body has allowed the Dolphins to bring them in earlier."
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 33 - Don't listen to Your Guts, they have Sludge for Brains - Page 24 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 33 - Don't listen to Your Guts, they have Sludge for Brains

Post by robelgordo Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:08 am

Chewie wrote:Saw this comment on the amateurs facebook Q&A regarding Trai Fuller's eligibility:

"The exemption rule isn't a rule anymore. With all the injuries and HIAs, they've made development players available from wk 1. No exceptions required, therefore rosters are now 33-36, not 30.
    The only rule is that train and trials can't play before Rd10.
    So Fuller won't be dropped for a top 30 player."
    - Matthew Lippiatt-Sidman

Some interesting information there, does this sound right?

Yeah what Easy Tiger said…

Dev players replaced by supplementary players - 4-6 can play anytime

Train and trial can’t play until R11

But Trai Filler isn’t on the supplementary player list

As an aside, I had to find these rules on a forum can’t find them anywhere on the NRL website. Some transparency would help
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:12 am

Seems very easy to get an exemption - Dolphins have a 29 man squad plus 5 dev. Less 6 players on the official injured list. Maybe there’s a few more niggles

So with 28 players (maybe less 2-3) have needed 2 exemptions to name 22 each week

Meanwhile it feels like the Warriors played a bench with 1 forward last week due to injuries.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:23 am

The Milf is suspended, but listed among the injured. Wayne dropped Hammer from FB for a few games last year, so they have other options, but being a new club, normal rules don't apply I guess.
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

kamikamicameleons wrote:

1 30s
    1 40s
    3 50s
    2 70s

I'd love that in my team, wish I hadn't missed the boat

Haha I said that a bit prematurely. He was on 23 with 20 or so minutes to go then he started popping offloads and breaking tackles.

Very happy with my Katoa pick, he seems to be the biggest POD I have and he is going really well.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

365/6 Difita owner represent. Did you also captain Haas?

Hynes. No Haas in my team
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:28 am

mrbrownstone wrote:If I look at it that May + Angus average 51 between them it feels a bit better...

Thank god I at least remembered to leave Cheese in the loop this week

May 77% owned and probably played in top 5000 teams doesn't bother me too much.

Liddle less than 2% own as a failing POD is brutal but with Fifi also less than 2% owned combined score average of 51 is not going to kill my rank
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:30 am

robelgordo wrote:Seems very easy to get an exemption - Dolphins have a 29 man squad plus 5 dev. Less 6 players on the official injured list. Maybe there’s a few more niggles

So with 28 players (maybe less 2-3) have needed 2 exemptions to name 22 each week

Meanwhile it feels like the Warriors played a bench with 1 forward last week due to injuries.

I do genuinely think there's a little bit of NRL having a vested interest in the new NRL team going well early on, so maybe are being fairly soft handed with them.

The NRL/ARL history is littered with new startups that struggled early and ended up collapsing, so I don't blame them for taking this approach. But yeah, you'd imagine the Dolphins could absolutely have fielded an 18 without the exemptions
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:32 am

Harrison Edwards to the Cowboys immediately.

Probably not fantasy relevant at 475k.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:48 am

Was at indoor last night so didn't see the late game but just saw some highlights. I know it's been said but Taane Milne would have to be one of the dumbest, dirtiest players around.

It felt like every time I watched him last season he was being binned for a blatant high shot/dumb shot.......surely at some point you go 'on your bike son you're a liability'. It's not like he's a star and the cost/benefit analysis works.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:57 am

robelgordo wrote:Seems very easy to get an exemption - Dolphins have a 29 man squad plus 5 dev. Less 6 players on the official injured list. Maybe there’s a few more niggles

easytiger wrote:

I do genuinely think there's a little bit of NRL having a vested interest in the new NRL team going well early on, so maybe are being fairly soft handed with them.

The NRL/ARL history is littered with new startups that struggled early and ended up collapsing, so I don't blame them for taking this approach. But yeah, you'd imagine the Dolphins could absolutely have fielded an 18 without the exemptions

Thanks for the input lads, that clears things up a bit.
    Not that I had a real interest in Fuller, but for those that have, this is some helpful information
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:06 am

Gutherson v Turbo for me tonight. 

Fark
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:12 am

Who to trade from Salmon, Kris, Hughes, Chevy for Brailey?

Surely it’s Salmon with some troops returning for the Dogs?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:15 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Who to trade from Salmon, Kris, Hughes, Chevy for Brailey?

Salmon has a better 3 game average , and if Brailey and Salmon both match their R7 score this week, Salmon will make more money this week.

Don't think its a slam dunk trade
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:17 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Who to trade from Salmon, Kris, Hughes, Chevy for Brailey?

Just on principle I'm totally anti trading during a round to skip a shit score. I think it's always a compromised choice which leaves you feeling not quite satisfied and you've wasted a trade you could have used on the real problem.

But if I had to choose it would probably be Kris as he has a bye coming up, gives you the funds to do something else next week and with all of the cheaper outside back options coming through you can probably replace at a lower price.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:19 am

I have Lussick on bye next week and only other hooker Liddle has to go yet still not convinced Brailey is a buy. Might end up with no Rd 13 HOK.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:22 am

Milchcow wrote:

Salmon has a better 3 game average , and if Brailey and Salmon both match their R7 score this week, Salmon will make more money this week.

Don't think its a slam dunk trade
    I’m struggling to find a slam dunk trade at the moment
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:24 am

Loomer wrote:

I have Lussick on bye next week and only other hooker Liddle has to go yet still not convinced Brailey is a buy. Might end up with no Rd 13 HOK.
    Might just be a on the day decision in Round 13 to get a HOK. 

Also just feels like I’m jumping from one average player to another at the moment.
    I suppose if Kris and Chevy have a good game this week then all 4 of my trade out options are still making money.

Think I’ll just gamble on one of the Raiders guys again and sort next week
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:26 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    I’m struggling to find a slam dunk trade at the moment

That's usually a sign not to trade then.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:35 am

Missed the majority of the games yesterday, but it was nice to see the Titans finally get a win, even if it was under dubious circumstances. That felt like it should have been another 80 minute game for Tohu, but 54 points is good.

I should have VCed Gus instead of Tohu, however, I would be down to 16 if Hynes got injured in warmups on Sunday. I no longer own Flanagan, so no Dragons to discuss. I’m guessing Cheese didn’t have to do much tackling in shellacking like that.

Terrell May has to go next week. Most likely for Sorenson or Bateman, who I’m keeping a watch on both this weekend. I had thought of getting one of them this week, but went with Jammin’ Jaimin instead.

No one playing in the Friday game, so I’ll just enjoy players who I once thought about having score massive amounts of pointage.

Edit: Forgot about the other game. Thank you for giving me a reason to squeeze as much cash as I can from you, Mr Chan and 57 points means I’m a happy Papy owner this week. Other weeks, I’m just a meh Papy owner. Souths is another team from whom I own no players.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:11 am