NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 34 - Api Koroisau Fan Club

Rabbit
    Rabbit

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 34 - Api Koroisau Fan Club - Page 37 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 34 - Api Koroisau Fan Club

Post by Rabbit Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:50 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Incorrect mate some is some I hear from sources I know some with ties to the club who are now life members and still get good intel.

lol. Sure champ. Is that why everything you post re Souths I've just read on the forum within 1/2 hour before, including the Bennett rubbish? He's not leaving Brisbane.  I'm a life member too.

EDIT: From the Warren, 1/2 hour before your post.

"KingOfRedfern73

"A think a few others have stated it also, but I had heard Wayne essentially done for a 2 year deal. Like I said yesterday, I was told the decision on JD is all but done and the board rubber stamping it tomorrrow but could still coach the Penrith game given the short turnaround. Like others have stated, I see no point in him coaching that game, but just how it was told to me."

Last edited by Rabbit on Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 34 - Api Koroisau Fan Club - Page 37 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 34 - Api Koroisau Fan Club

Post by Chewie Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:06 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

100% understand these POVs when you dudes obviously have quality CTR coverage, but the problem that gronks like me face is that if I get rid of Strange, I need to bring in a CTR as he's one of two in my team, following Chester's sad ending.

One could slap my face with a trout and say "then get Garrick, fool." But I'm not sure I'm quite there. Was banking on him losing quite a lot more value, whereas now he's basically priced at what he'll likely average and the interest is gone, for me personally.

If there is anything at all to the rumours about Wighton, I'll be all about that next week if he plays in the halves this week, and is named again there next week.

But for now, I have Strange and no CTR back up and no CTR I want to trade in (bar Aitken but the price + JS doesn't make sense) so I feel kind of stuck with him for now. But like Chewie, I'm happy to give him another chance and think he can do solid work again.
    The case for Garrick isn't about the immediate scoring, it's more of a longterm play where he has a chance of playing Fullback in 14, 16, 19 and 20 over origin. He's become ripe for the picking a bit earlier than planned because of his high score last round. And then there is a high chance of Turbo succumbing to a niggle and having an additional rest . Tommy did look a bit ginger during the last game.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:08 am

Rabbit wrote:

lol. Sure champ. Is that why everything you post re Souths I've just read on the forum within 1/2 hour before, including the Bennett rubbish? He's not leaving Brisbane.  I'm a life member too.

EDIT: From the Warren, 1/2 hour before your post.

"KingOfRedfern73

"A think a few others have stated it also, but I had heard Wayne essentially done for a 2 year deal. Like I said yesterday, I was told the decision on JD is all but done and the board rubber stamping it tomorrrow but could still coach the Penrith game given the short turnaround. Like others have stated, I see no point in him coaching that game, but just how it was told to me."

Why would you say you’re a life member when it’s so easy to google that?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:10 am

Why do people think it would be Garrick not Koula at FB for Tommy? Koula absolutely killed it there, real life and fantasy, at the end of last season. I know Garrick was also injured by that point, but surely there's a high chance.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:17 am

Why do people think Tommy plays Origin? He’s not looking that good IMO. Teddy will be FB, or Edwards if they want to be spicy, then they might pick CTRs to play CTR?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:20 am

robelgordo wrote:Why do people think Tommy plays Origin? He’s not looking that good IMO. Teddy will be FB, or Edwards if they want to be spicy, then they might pick CTRs to play CTR?

Lomax is a winger now though.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:21 am

robelgordo wrote:Why do people think Tommy plays Origin? He’s not looking that good IMO. Teddy will be FB, or Edwards if they want to be spicy, then they might pick CTRs to play CTR?

turbo is 1 of the chosen ones a golden boy there's no way he's not playing origin unless unfit
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:28 am

robelgordo wrote:

Why would you say you’re a life member when it’s so easy to google that?

I should have put "yeah, I'm a life member too"...it was meant to be sarcasm. I am a platinum member though.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:31 am

Rabbit wrote:

I should have put "yeah, I'm a life member too"...it was meant to be sarcasm. I am a platinum member though.

Fair enough

I don’t think anyone really think young Rabbits isn’t just getting stuff from other places or people. Still useful for those of us who don’t want to hold our nose and click on a Souths website.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:35 am

Almost all of the stuff Rabbits Jr has said about Souths this year has been right. (I mean all the selection and fantasy-related stuff, not the stuff about them being dudded by refs or being an amazing club). In fact, his record has been *better* than Barry Toohey's this year.
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:36 am

robelgordo wrote:

Fair enough

I don’t think anyone really think young Rabbits  isn’t just getting stuff from other places or people. Still useful for those of us who don’t want to hold our nose and click on a Souths website.

I should have used an eye roll emoji as well Laughing Unlike most NRL forums, The Warren requires you to sign up, so lots of stuff from there is mail or just broken news that normally filters into mainstream soon after. The Bennett stuff has been around for weeks, but rumours are popular and posters like to sound like they have the 'goss'. I don't see any reason why Bennett would up and leave for interstate again at his age, with his current lifestyle and success with the Dolphins. He has opportunities there, after coaching. Just doesn't make sense.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:40 am

Rabbit wrote:

I should have used an eye roll emoji as well  Laughing Unlike most NRL forums, The Warren requires you to sign up, so lots of stuff from there is mail or just broken news that normally filters into mainstream soon after. The Bennett stuff has been around for weeks, but rumours are popular and posters like to sound like they have the 'goss'. I don't see any reason why Bennett would up and leave for interstate again at his age, with his current lifestyle and success with the Dolphins. He has opportunities there, after coaching. Just doesn't make sense.

I agree with you. Dude is going to be 75 by the start of next season. Enjoy your semi-retirement, pick and choose your working days if you want them, don't take on a thankless five-year project in another state.
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:41 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Almost all of the stuff Rabbits Jr has said about Souths this year has been right. (I mean all the selection and fantasy-related stuff, not the stuff about them being dudded by refs or being an amazing  club). In fact, his record has been *better* than Barry Toohey's this year.

Photo's from training runs, captain's runs, team change confirmations and other info is all on the forum. I just can't be fucked posting everything there. Some people are more heavily invested in social media than others and have more time on their hands. What are the ground breaking, earth shaking revelations I've missed from young Rabbits? There haven't been any to my knowledge.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:47 am

Keep the second and third hand shite coming Rabbits and Rabbit Snr cause this is the only forum I’m going near.

kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

Post by kamikamicameleons Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:01 am

Chewie wrote:
    The case for Garrick isn't about the immediate scoring, it's more of a longterm play where he has a chance of playing Fullback in 14, 16, 19 and 20 over origin. He's become ripe for the picking a bit earlier than planned because of his high score last round. And then there is a high chance of Turbo succumbing to a niggle and having an additional rest . Tommy did look a bit ginger during the last game.

Looking at the stats, Garrick is now averaging 49.7 this season at centre if you take out the HIA game. His career average at fullback is 49.4 and his 2023 average at fullback is 49.6.

He certainly has value at the moment, but I think the potential fullback switch being a game changer is a bit unfounded
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:14 am

Welsh Mafia wrote:

I think there's still some value in Garrick. CTR average of 42 and if he plays some FB during origin he's a gun. Risk is Koula get's FB but we will see.

Chewie wrote:

Yeah, don't get me wrong, doods. Even if he is only priced at where he scores, a 39-42 point averaging CTR is a delight. I completely understand the appeal, but like I say, just personally not for me when I was so focused on picking him up in the mid to late 400Ks.

If playing FB for a stretch was a certainty I could probably be swayed too, but seems a bit 50/50 with Koula.

Who knows? I heard on 100% Footy last night that Turuva was just given the week off by Ivan to get his head right after all the contract stuff, but more than likely he'll be named again this week. So Alamoti probably a no-go.

And if the Wighton playing in the halves rumours are just rumours too, I may very well still pivot to Garrick myself this week as I need coverage for Strange next week. Happy to wait until next week to make a choice, but if Garrick looks like the most obvious answer I should probably take the leap this week... though, that said, he's not guaranteed to hit his BE this week without (potentially) DCE and Ola. I guess if DCE gets off it makes him a more pressing buy...
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:19 am

kamikamicameleons wrote:

Looking at the stats, Garrick is now averaging 49.7 this season at centre if you take out the HIA game. His career average at fullback is 49.4 and his 2023 average at fullback is 49.6.

He certainly has value at the moment, but I think the potential fullback switch being a game changer is a bit unfounded

Yeah, I was making a few of my own adjustments in my head regarding his average, thinking last week's score kind of countered the HIA score. Definitely not inviting anyone to think the way I do, but obviously the HIA wouldn't count towards his average when considering him, but Sivo also won't fuck up his opposition's game every week either and allow him to double his score in the last few mins, lol.

I expect him to level out somewhere around that 40 mark at CTR, but every other call I've made this year has been wrong so we could comfortably add that to the collection too. Wink
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:22 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Why do people think it would be Garrick not Koula at FB for Tommy? Koula absolutely killed it there, real life and fantasy, at the end of last season. I know Garrick was also injured by that point, but surely there's a high chance.

kamikamicameleons wrote:

you guys poohpoohing on my hopeium No

I'm just looking at high value Bye round targets
    The Sea-Eagles have nice coverage over the bye, Garrick plugs some nice holes.
    It's a similar case for Manu with the Roosters
    Plath looks like gold, as well as Trai Fuller
    Jolliffe & Bateman very attractive too for the later byes

Post by Guest Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:25 am

Unusual to see last year's squad, when I go back through this year's rounds.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:33 am

On another note, any Lussick > Brailey traders worried it could turn out to be pretty sideways in the long run, once Brailey's BE and minutes level out, and Lussick presumably sorts himself out too?

I feel like just going with the crowd on it, but silently questioning if it's worth the trade and 21K cash injection.

Definitely at the minute, Lussick looks to be on the way down and Brailey on the way up, but is there a world where they're both looking pretty similar in a month or so?

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:30 am