NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 34 - Api Koroisau Fan Club

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 34 - Api Koroisau Fan Club - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 34 - Api Koroisau Fan Club

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:38 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:On another note, any Lussick > Brailey traders worried it could turn out to be pretty sideways in the long run, once Brailey's BE and minutes level out, and Lussick presumably sorts himself out too?

I feel like just going with the crowd on it, but silently questioning if it's worth the trade and 21K cash injection.

Definitely at the minute, Lussick looks to be on the way down and Brailey on the way up, but is there a world where they're both looking pretty similar in a month or so?

I have no fears of Lussick sorting himself out.

As for Brailey, the only fear there is that he gets injured, which isn't unknown for him.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 34 - Api Koroisau Fan Club - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 34 - Api Koroisau Fan Club

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:43 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

I have no fears of Lussick sorting himself out.

As for Brailey, the only fear there is that he gets injured, which isn't unknown for him.

Not concerned his minutes have been inflated due to injuries in last couple of weeks? Not saying either way, but just curious if it is a concern.

Like I say, leaning towards just following the crowd on this one and I'm probably just creating issues for myself that needn't be.

Yep, as a Brailey owner last year, I know the injury thing all too well. I'm actually a big fan and was waiting for this moment, but now it's here I find myself a bit 50/50 on his minutes and what they're going to be in a fully fit team.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:44 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:On another note, any Lussick > Brailey traders worried it could turn out to be pretty sideways in the long run, once Brailey's BE and minutes level out, and Lussick presumably sorts himself out too?

I feel like just going with the crowd on it, but silently questioning if it's worth the trade and 21K cash injection.

Definitely at the minute, Lussick looks to be on the way down and Brailey on the way up, but is there a world where they're both looking pretty similar in a month or so?

I'll probably get Brailey, but I'm holding Lussick this week.  If Hands is on the bench again though, he'll be traded next week.

I think a Lussick to Brailey trade is only worth it if you think Hands stays in the team.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:47 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

Not concerned his minutes have been inflated due to injuries in last couple of weeks? Not saying either way, but just curious if it is a concern.

Like I say, leaning towards just following the crowd on this one and I'm probably just creating issues for myself that needn't be.

Yep, as a Brailey owner last year, I know the injury thing all too well. I'm actually a big fan and was waiting for this moment, but now it's here I find myself a bit 50/50 on his minutes and what they're going to be in a fully fit team.

I might be wrong, but no, not particularly concerned about his minutes. He's comfortable playing 80, he's always played 80 in the past, he's a better hooker than Crosland, who can also cover multiple other positions.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:50 pm

Thinking my 3rd trade is actually going to be Salmon to Walker

I have 2 R13 halves already but this banks on Hynes not making Origin (seemingly between him and Luai with Moses injured). Gives me 5 R14 bye players but likely trade Strange next week and Stewart after R13

Last edited by Camo123 on Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

Post by kamikamicameleons Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:50 pm

Chewie wrote:

you guys poohpoohing on my hopeium No

I'm just looking at high value Bye round targets
    The Sea-Eagles have nice coverage over the bye, Garrick plugs some nice holes.
    It's a similar case for Manu with the Roosters
    Plath looks like gold, as well as Trai Fuller
    Jolliffe & Bateman very attractive too for the later byes

I'm actually still keen to get Garrick myself, my issue is I can only afford 2 out of Plath, Garrick and JBrailey this week, so trying to decide who drops out. Plath feels most important with my weak mid lineup
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:56 pm

syn13 wrote:Weird that out of all the years I’ve been terrible at this game this is the one that breaks me, even the the year I self-sabotaged myself over Cleary trying to prove some stupid point I was still trying and making moves, a few times today I’ve opened the app and my team looks wrong, so I try out some trades and they all feel wrong, so I rollback my team and close out, I’ve got guys that need to go but I wouldn’t be suprised if I start Round 10 with the same team, I can’t bring myself to actually settle on anything cuz I just plain don’t trust that anything I do will actually fix this dumpster fire
    This is me! We are the same.

I made trades last night and reversed them easily a dozen times minimum. Everything is just meh

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:58 pm

Going through a team rebuild atm, after play 13 in rd 4, due to byes, injuries/concussions.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:02 am

I was reluctant to do this trade and have been holding back due to thinking that Brailey is just a slightly more glamorous Lussick. This is true but as the season has progressed Lussick is now a slightly less glamorous Lussick.

Having watched both players the last few weeks I think Brailey, while not a world beater, is definitely a senior player in the knights team who takes charge and will stodge his way to 35-45 most weeks. He occasionally makes a run from dummy half.

Lussick is not a senior player, does not take charge and tbh the only things he has got over Hands are size and an inherent conservatism. He is less likely to make an error because he never takes any risks & by the same token he never creates anything.

I bagged him out earlier in the season yet still bought him when he was down for 80 minutes but really he needs about 120 minutes to make it worthwhile. He is the definition of a player who is no fun.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:04 am

Cheese will get a 2 try 85 this week
    syn13
    syn13

Post by syn13 Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:35 am

Snatchpato wrote:
    If it helps, you can blame me for it. I was the first to strongly recommend you go Cleary and Haas.

Nah fuck that, the thing I do know is that it was my call and I’m wearing it, I’m not the kind that asks for advice here unless I’m well and truly torn, I wouldn’t have made that post to start with, and worded it the way I did, if I wasn’t fishing for reasons to stay with the trades I had literally locked in since the round opened on Monday vs the ones I started thinking about 30 minutes before lockout, you just told me what I wanted to hear.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:44 am

Khany wrote:Unusual to see last year's squad, when I go back through this year's rounds.

Do you mean in the app? Still doing that on mine too, cooked.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:46 am

BCT05 wrote:

Do you mean in the app? Still doing that on mine too, cooked.

Desktop also.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:50 am

syn13 wrote:

Nah fuck that, the thing I do know is that it was my call and I’m wearing it, I’m not the kind that asks for advice here unless I’m well and truly torn, I wouldn’t have made that post to start with, and worded it the way I did, if I wasn’t fishing for reasons to stay with the trades I had literally locked in since the round opened on Monday vs the ones I started thinking about 30 minutes before lockout, you just told me what I wanted to hear.

What is your team name? I'm curious to see what it looks like, it can't be that bad right?
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:51 am

I wish I'd done 3rd trade Lussick to Brailey last week. Lussick keeps shitting the bed even with 80 mins. Why will he get better? Hooker is absolute dumpster fire why even worry about Brailey at current price. I'm selling Liddle this week off a 12. Lussick might survive past the bye but now I'm just looking at bye round cover
    syn13
    syn13

Post by syn13 Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:57 am

Jele wrote:

Post your team, happy to offer my two cents' worth.

Koro
    Smithies Cotter Haas
    Angus KPP
    Cleary Galvin
    Cobbo Iro
    Turbo Teddy Paps

Brailey Smith Piakura Salmon
    Gray Stewart Strange Talagi

On paper it doesn’t feel like there’s glaring problems, but in the last 5 rounds, I’ve only posted a round ranking under 50,000th once and last week was my worst round rank of the season, so something is clearly fucked here but I’ve got no idea what I’m doing.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:03 am

robelgordo wrote:Cheese will get a 2 try 85 this week

I know this as fact so therefore I will keep Cheese over Lussick

Cheese is also a much better (if frustrating) watch
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:11 am

precursor wrote:Sooo are we all just gonna keep using 2-3 trades a week? I've never burnt through trades like this before, but it seems like there are must haves every week

I've managed to save 3 along the way but will keep using them as long as I can make upgrades to the team

I won't keep an inferior option just so I can maybe make a better trade in 10 weeks
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:23 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Any chance you’ll hold Kris for round 13 mate? He’s still avg 28 in 80mins games this year. Drinky my only round 13 WFB currently.

Or you think he’s a must sell Kris? I was looking at Armstrong and Brailey next couple of weeks but have KPP not sure it’s wise to have 3 Knights with round 12 bye.

Raiders are fucked mate. You make a good point with round 12 but Raiders are on a bye next week so no difference. I'm not holding Kris when I can get a guy like Armstrong going up in price who also plays 13 and save 130 odd K. I'd probably make the trade next week anyway so might as well bank the coin for a cow on the up. I don't see the point in holding Kris for round 13 for 25 points and his value dropping. If Raiders had the stocks to improve it might be different, but they are going to endure a lot of pain I think before things get better.

Could toss Strange over Kris for the extra coin I guess.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:31 am

wolfking wrote:

Raiders are fucked mate.  You make a good point with round 12 but Raiders are on a bye next week so no difference.  I'm not holding Kris when I can get a guy like Armstrong going up in price who also plays 13 and save 130 odd K.  I'd probably make the trade next week anyway so might as well bank the coin for a cow on the up.  I don't see the point in holding Kris for round 13 for 25 points and his value dropping.  If Raiders had the stocks to improve it might be different, but they are going to endure a lot of pain I think before things get better.

Could toss Strange over Kris for the extra coin I guess.

That's my plan. It's a shame because I hate trading centers, but he could bleed cash from here.

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:34 pm