NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 34 - Api Koroisau Fan Club

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 34 - Api Koroisau Fan Club - Page 39 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 34 - Api Koroisau Fan Club

Post by White Lightning Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:33 am

syn13 wrote:

Koro
    Smithies Cotter Haas
    Angus KPP
    Cleary Galvin
    Cobbo Iro
    Turbo Teddy Paps

Brailey Smith Piakura Salmon
    Gray Stewart Strange Talagi

On paper it doesn’t feel like there’s glaring problems, but in the last 5 rounds, I’ve only posted a round ranking under 50,000th once and last week was my worst round rank of the season, so something is clearly fucked here but I’ve got no idea what I’m doing.

that's a great squad you were just unlucky with the outcome there's every chance this team will turn it around & carve up this week...if it were my team i'd say only koroisau, smithies, smith & talagi are the players to sell...i would go talagi to armstrong & smithies to plath...then if you want to use a 3rd trade i'd sell koroisau because you don't need 3 hookers & with a b/e of 66 he's gonna need a try to exceeed that he may very well do that vs the mighty bulldogs but they have hit some form so it may not be a given for a try...if you said no i want to keep koroisau i would have no problem & there is logic to that call.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 34 - Api Koroisau Fan Club - Page 39 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 34 - Api Koroisau Fan Club

Post by Revraiser Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:37 am

Yeh this is it, Syn's team looks fine, yet this year is a killer.

Agree re WL's advice above.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:38 am

surely Fog can play with that bionic arm
    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 34 - Api Koroisau Fan Club - Page 39 Image?center=0.5%2C0
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:43 am

syn13 wrote:

Koro
    Smithies Cotter Haas
    Angus KPP
    Cleary Galvin
    Cobbo Iro
    Turbo Teddy Paps

On paper it doesn’t feel like there’s glaring problems, but in the last 5 rounds, I’ve only posted a round ranking under 50,000th once and last week was my worst round rank of the season, so something is clearly fucked here but I’ve got no idea what I’m doing.

i don't know how long you've played fantasy but you seem to be in stage 2 of your fantasy journey & we all go through it but you need to go through it to grow resilience...stage 1 is the fun of playing this new game then after a couple of years you come to stage 2 where you have gone from fun to serious cause you want to win the thing & you scrutinise each move & each outcome & if it doesn't measure up to your expectations you beat yourself up i mean we all put some much time & effort into it & sometimes you question why when you're at a bad rank.
    you will get through this just keep at it.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 am

Atkinson isn't a bad handcuff for Hynes, provided he keeps the spot, and Tricky is out for awhile.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:50 am

syn13 wrote:

Koro
    Smithies Cotter Haas
    Angus KPP
    Cleary Galvin
    Cobbo Iro
    Turbo Teddy Paps

That just means there is more room for a charge mate.

Don't try and win the forum award of the biggest BL charge though, that is mine.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:53 am

syn13 wrote:

Koro
    Smithies Cotter Haas
    Angus KPP
    Cleary Galvin
    Cobbo Iro
    Turbo Teddy Paps

Any cash in the bank?

Agree with the others looks like a team that will score well moving forward.

Api and Smithies to Plath and Bateman could be nice.

Talagi to Armstrong looks good on paper and I'm probably doing it but you do already have Gray in addition to Chevy so might be able to pass on tripling down on cheap fullbacks, could go either way.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:53 am

even though he's irrelevant for fantasy pezet ruptured his acl on the weekend playing q cup
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:53 am

Khany wrote:Atkinson isn't a bad handcuff for Hynes, provided he keeps the spot, and Tricky is out for awhile.

That's a really interesting point with Hynes likely off to Origin. Will re-think Armstrong now.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:54 am

syn13 wrote:

Koro
    Smithies Cotter Haas
    Angus KPP
    Cleary Galvin
    Cobbo Iro
    Turbo Teddy Paps

Consider Origin to make moves. Easier said than done, of course.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:55 am

White Lightning wrote:even though he's irrelevant for fantasy pezet ruptured his acl on the weekend playing q cup

Wishart and Meaney interesting prospects during Origin.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:10 am

L-Jimmy wrote:

That's my plan. It's a shame because I hate trading centers, but he could bleed cash from here.

I have Stange, Levi, Kris and Stewart lol. You would think Strange would get more opportunities than Kris to score points but it's a lottery really.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:24 am

wolfking wrote:

I have Stange, Levi, Kris and Stewart lol.  You would think Strange would get more opportunities than Kris to score points but it's a lottery really.

That's a lot of Raiders trade-outs! Stewart has some time to run, thankfully. And Levi might not get named, and so miss losing cash.

Fingers crossed!
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:32 am

L-Jimmy wrote:

That's a lot of Raiders trade-outs! Stewart has some time to run, thankfully. And Levi might not get named, and so miss losing cash.

Fingers crossed!

Yeah, I've backed myself into a bit of a corner. Stewart I'm fine with keeping but 2 of the other 3 have to go. Plus May and Lussick lol.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:36 am

syn13 wrote:

Koro
    Smithies Cotter Haas
    Angus KPP
    Cleary Galvin
    Cobbo Iro
    Turbo Teddy Paps

Yeah it doesn't look too bad on paper, most got bailed out by the Hynes captaincy last round (myself included)
    I'm expecting Cleary to go big this round, so you may get some gains there with his lower ownership
    As the others mentioned, it's probably a good idea to look for alternative options to Koro, Smithies, Talagi and maybe Smith

Last edited by Chewie on Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:39 am

According to my spreadsheet, my trade out options are

Brandon Smith - BE of 57 currently sitting well above his season avg of 40.8. Super rocks and diamonds but his minutes are a big worry. Surely have to hold through Origin.

Terrell May - BE of 70 is well above his season average of 44 and only his 71 three games ago ups his last 4 average to 35.5. Again, surely hold through origin and hope he doesn’t bleed too much cash

Ethan Strange - BE creeping up and seemed to take a back seat behind Weekes. Did a lot of defending without the ball but this may become a regular occurrence. Could bleed clash very fast. High but not crucial trade out

Tom Chester - facing up to a month on the sidelines. Tempted to hold as could be back just in time for Origin Bye and seems to be a set and forget centre with Iro all year.

My trade ins are - Brailey, Nikora, Plath as all R13 guns and then Bateman and Blore if I wanna have someone I’ll like watching. Armstrong the clear cash out.

Leaning towards Strange > Armstrong and Smith > One of the trade ins.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:45 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:According to my spreadsheet, my trade out options are

Brandon Smith - BE of 57 currently sitting well above his season avg of 40.8. Super rocks and diamonds but his minutes are a big worry. Surely have to hold through Origin.

Terrell May - BE of 70 is well above his season average of 44 and only his 71 three games ago ups his last 4 average to 35.5. Again, surely hold through origin and hope he doesn’t bleed too much cash

Ethan Strange - BE creeping up and seemed to take a back seat behind Weekes. Did a lot of defending without the ball but this may become a regular occurrence. Could bleed clash very fast. High but not crucial trade out

Tom Chester - facing up to a month on the sidelines. Tempted to hold as could be back just in time for Origin Bye and seems to be a set and forget centre with Iro all year.

My trade ins are - Brailey, Nikora, Plath as all R13 guns and then Bateman and Blore if I wanna have someone I’ll like watching. Armstrong the clear cash out.

Leaning towards Strange > Armstrong and Smith > One of the trade ins.

Are people actually holding May?
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:47 am

wolfking wrote:

'

I would like to, but reckon I can buy him back cheaper if needed. And the Roosters forwards pack lose only Lindsay, and maybe Angus to Origin. Nice byes sure, but 150k of losses is too much to pay for mid coverage.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:00 am

wolfking wrote:

I'm not sure I can do it. But it could so easily bite.

His variance for scoring is so wide. He could easily score 55 ish in 40 mins this week, or he could get another 25-30 in 30 mins.

I'm convinced Plath is a buy but he seems more like a safe 45-50 guy and no doubt if i do Terrell to Plath they will score the same this week anyway.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:00 am

L-Jimmy wrote:

Fingers crossed!

Funny you say this as I was thinking earlier yesterday how funny it’d be if Starling suddenly presented as an option. Would be atrocious timing, which makes it more likely to happen than if it wasn’t.

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:09 am