NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 35 - TerMAYnation time

mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 35 - TerMAYnation time - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 35 - TerMAYnation time

Post by mattnz Wed May 01, 2024 9:33 pm

Wiremu Trades Gone? wrote:

I’m prepared to eat crow. Just to me seems unlikely. He has 20 edge players to chose from in his squad and he wants to move a beast lock. I know he’s not fantasy relevant but Radley is very good  

Watson is fantastic as well. Deserves more than a small bench role. Started the year killing it in NSW cup playing 80 at lock. Had their best win of the season with him playing 80 as lock / hooker.

Butcher hasn't locked in 80 each week at EDG. Can be on early in MID rotation, then move to EDG to play out the game when Radley moves to lock. Would still play decent minutes.

Will see what happens in final team lists.
    Ando
    Ando

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 35 - TerMAYnation time - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 35 - TerMAYnation time

Post by Ando Wed May 01, 2024 9:46 pm

mattnz wrote:

Watson is fantastic as well. Deserves more than a small bench role. Started the year killing it in NSW cup playing 80 at lock. Had their best win of the season with him playing 80 as lock / hooker.

Butcher hasn't locked in 80 each week at EDG. Can be on early in MID rotation, then move to EDG to play out the game when Radley moves to lock. Would still play decent minutes.

Will see what happens in final team lists.

via GIPHY

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed May 01, 2024 9:52 pm

Who do you think is the highest averaging wfb in 2024 right now?

Lol
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed May 01, 2024 10:11 pm

Well that's a big slap in the face of the Rabbitohs, resting players against them this early in the season.

Goddamit only bought Cleary last week Crying or Very sad

Fuck it. Welcome to the team, Captain Reuben Garrick.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed May 01, 2024 10:14 pm

May + Levi + Burbo > Garrick + Walker + Brailey will mean that for the first time this season my team doesn’t make me want to puke. And short of a Teddy + Armstrong/Atkinson trade in the coming weeks and some minor R14 scaling, I should be mostly set through the first two major bye rounds

Koro
    Tohu Jolliffe Plath
    KPP Blore
    Hynes Walker
    Garrick Iro
    Fuller Turbo Pappy
    Crangus Smithies Galvin Brailey
    Salmon Hughes Strange Talagi

Now to sit back and see how the wheels back fall off.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed May 01, 2024 10:15 pm

Damn. Should have dropped the chin months ago

Well, thanks Payne - we missed you
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed May 01, 2024 10:21 pm

I’ve just assumed Cleary is a hold until next week but are people going to rage sell him?

Could help my team balance I suppose. Bring in another MID with some cash for the future.

Frustrating to sell-buy-sell though
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed May 01, 2024 10:25 pm

mattnz wrote:Looking at a couple of left field trades this week.

Trading out Brandon, Terrell and Ethan.

Trading in Connor, Trai and Max.

Going with gut feel and aiming to get some spots sured up now ahead of the major byes.

Short of WFBs, MID and HOK for R13 the way things are going.

Not sure if mentioned here, but apparently Radley will come in for Butcher on the EDG, with Watson keeping lock and Butcher playing off the bench. Source: Jamie on youtube who apparently got it from Robbo originally.

If Watson can pick up HOK dual and keep playing 70-80 minutes at lock and HOK he is going to be a steal that almost no-one is getting on yet and with a really low BE this week.

Looking at Fuller, with HTF due back R12 currently, it would be unusual to move Trai out of fullback, then have him back there for each Origin round. Might as well leave him there, has been great, and play HTF in CTRs, where he will be in Origin anyway and played lots there last year. Surely if Kodi could keep HTF at CTR last year, Fuller can.

Plath helps me fill the awkward R13 MID spot, which before this round was only Salmon and Hughes in my team, who may not be around much longer.

Have you considered limiting your risk exposure by only doing one of these plays? I think there is some chance that either Fuller or Watson can keep their positions, although you would have short odds on either. Banking on both coming off and wasting the extra trades is only going to wreck your shit. Also i’m sure you have this counted and planned, but these are three more R14 bye players for your team, albeit after clearing out three. Not interested in Teddy, Weekes etc?
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed May 01, 2024 10:35 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

Have you considered limiting your risk exposure by only doing one of these plays? I think there is some chance that either Fuller or Watson can keep their positions, although you would have short odds on either. Banking on both coming off and wasting the extra trades is only going to wreck your shit. Also i’m sure you have this counted and planned, but these are three more R14 bye players for your team, albeit after clearing out three. Not interested in Teddy, Weekes etc?

Just going to do fun moves and see what can happen, may work, may not. Will wait on Weekes until after the Raiders bye. Also have my eye on Bateman and Brailey. Not looking at Teddy. Will see if I can set up a decent team for the byes and then try to hold some trades over that period.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed May 01, 2024 10:41 pm

I pivoted to Burbo>Walker because I was a measly $1k from May + Levi + Strange > Garrick + Brailey + Bateman. $1k! I just can’t stop thinking about all those sliding door moments amongst those six players, just a single tackle more or a meagre MT less, somewhere, somehow- its actually quite phenomenal how the universe has conspired against me on this one. And so now I can’t get Bateman out of my head either. I don’t even need him at all, he’s just a big shiny toy that i’m not allowed to have.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed May 01, 2024 10:43 pm

mattnz wrote:

Just going to do fun moves and see what can happen, may work, may not. Will wait on Weekes until after the Raiders bye. Also have my eye on Bateman and Brailey. Not looking at Teddy. Will see if I can set up a decent team for the byes and then try to hold some trades over that period.

Well those are some very fun players, so you have nailed it! I will 100% be suckered in by Watson if Radley is named in the second row.

Edit- I think a poor showing from Teddy at Suncorp is going to force everyones hands. Folks will tell their grandkids of a $490k Tedesco
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed May 01, 2024 10:53 pm

Cleary out makes for a boring captaincy pick Rolling Eyes
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed May 01, 2024 10:59 pm

code delta wrote:Can't find the post but someone mentioned Dolphins have 9 injured players and with some of the forwards returning soon how will this impact Plath's minutes?
    Don't think there was any response to the post but since so many are bring Plath in this week it's a good question

Flegler is hoped to return in 4 weeks, at best. Has a nerve issue. Seems no one really knows how it will heal. Trying to avoid surgery as that would rule him out for the season.

KBrom is out this week. Trained as a middle during off season but due to injuries had to slot in at 2RF. KBrom was dropped to 18th man before all the injuries hit.

Seems the go-to, ideal bench for Phins is Kerr Donoghue Null/Aitken Stone. Probably could see KBrom rotate in at the expense of Stone.

Wallace is also lingering about. Seems Bennett/Woofle are looking to the future to blood youth, though

On that point, depending how the season goes, Teague could see some bench time. Need to blood him more. He'd play lock, but is currently down the pecking order.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed May 01, 2024 11:01 pm

Happy Birthday MS!

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 35 - TerMAYnation time - Page 9 He-is-such-a-strong-player-john-finch
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed May 01, 2024 11:05 pm

mattnz wrote:Looking at a couple of left field trades this week.

Trading out Brandon, Terrell and Ethan.

Trading in Connor, Trai and Max.

Going with gut feel and aiming to get some spots sured up now ahead of the major byes.

Short of WFBs, MID and HOK for R13 the way things are going.

Not sure if mentioned here, but apparently Radley will come in for Butcher on the EDG, with Watson keeping lock and Butcher playing off the bench. Source: Jamie on youtube who apparently got it from Robbo originally.

If Watson can pick up HOK dual and keep playing 70-80 minutes at lock and HOK he is going to be a steal that almost no-one is getting on yet and with a really low BE this week.

Looking at Fuller, with HTF due back R12 currently, it would be unusual to move Trai out of fullback, then have him back there for each Origin round. Might as well leave him there, has been great, and play HTF in CTRs, where he will be in Origin anyway and played lots there last year. Surely if Kodi could keep HTF at CTR last year, Fuller can.

Plath helps me fill the awkward R13 MID spot, which before this round was only Salmon and Hughes in my team, who may not be around much longer.

Fuller is good out of trouble but close to the line Phins NEED Hammer as the link. Fuller has zero passing game. It was evident against the Knights that the lad lacks in that aspect of the game. Hammer is the long term FB of the club.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed May 01, 2024 11:12 pm

mickspicks wrote:

Fuller is good out of trouble but close to the line Phins NEED Hammer as the link. Fuller has zero passing game. It was evident against the Knights that the lad lacks in that aspect of the game. Hammer is the long term FB of the club.

Fuller has 1 try assist in 2 games, HTF has a 0.2 try assist per game record. It isn't his strength either. Both are running fullbacks.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed May 01, 2024 11:22 pm

Whoever made that Nicho banner has done such a great job, massive props Clap . One small criticism, can we get a better picture of his hair next time? Or maybe even just the hair without Nicho? Ive spent hours designing these Nicho banners-
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed May 01, 2024 11:34 pm

mattnz wrote:

Fuller has 1 try assist in 2 games, HTF has a 0.2 try assist per game record. It isn't his strength either. Both are running fullbacks.

Hammer isn't the one the throw the final pass. He either scores them or connects the play. Fuller was missing close to the line on the weekend.

Again, Fuller is currently a pinball out of trouble, but HTF is the Phins long term fullback. Fuller isn't even in the top squad.
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Wed May 01, 2024 11:51 pm

Is McInnes or Hopgood more likely to get picked for Orign 1. TU McInnes TD Hopgood
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed May 01, 2024 11:59 pm

precursor wrote:I'm bringing in Weekes and I'm a bit surprised that he's not more popular.
    Bye next week, I own Kris and Strange too.

Canberra could find a half on the market too as a stopgap I’m sure they’d be looking.

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:53 am