NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 52 - Zero trade gang, rise up!

Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 52 - Zero trade gang, rise up! - Page 19 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 52 - Zero trade gang, rise up!

Post by Loomer Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:58 am

BCT05 wrote:I mean it is possible Benji decides Bateman is needed more at the revolving door that is the lock position rather than edge. That would not be good news for Twal, have a bad feeling about that situation, wish I could go back to last week and trade him but feel like he probably needs to be held for now with next to no trades.

All a guessing game.

I'm trying to decide if Uto worth the trade in or just save and play shitto Salmon and wait for better but price and next 4 cover seems worth it for Uto
    OB
    OB

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 52 - Zero trade gang, rise up! - Page 19 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 52 - Zero trade gang, rise up!

Post by OB Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:23 am

Loomer wrote:

I'm trying to decide if Uto worth the trade in or just save and play shitto Salmon and wait for better but price and next 4 cover seems worth it for Uto

I've gone Cotter > Uto to give me bye coverage for 16 & 19. Could have done Garrick trade out instead, but made more sense to cop 16 next week and have full squads in major byes prior to any injuries/suspensions.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:26 am

my tv broke wrote:I like how matt just refuses to pick wighton because he didnr think of him first lol!

I'm a proud Wighton owner, but there were a few people advising against him yesterday

For what its worth, I got Sipley as a cheap bye round cash out last year in VSDT, and he was killer in the run home.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:27 am

Community team trade poll is tight this week.

Additional votes welcome

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t2491-r16-trade-poll
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:28 am

Loomer wrote:

I listened to beginning. He's ranked 8000ish in SC isn't he?
    They are both doing trash which only adds further evidence.......Tim came second a few years ago, he also runs SC Playbook, he has a great fantasy mind imo out of all the ones i listen to. The podcast world is starting to become one big happy Tasmanian family with everybody jumping on each others gig.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:53 am

Milchcow wrote:

I'm a proud Wighton owner, but there were a few people advising against him yesterday

For what its worth, I got Sipley as a cheap bye round cash out last year in VSDT, and he was killer in the run home.

I may have been advising caution (as an owner) but it was only to stave off Matt's ebullient predictions of a 50 average over the rest of the season (which I love but only when it's a player I don't own)
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:58 am

Milchcow wrote:

Aardvark wrote:

I may have been advising caution (as an owner) but it was only to stave off Matt's ebullient predictions of a 50 average over the rest of the season (which I love but only when it's a player I don't own)

I've brought in Wighton this week as he gives me an extra this week, 200k for upgrades and plays more games from here on (injury aside) than his replacement Garrick.

By no means do I think Wighton is a home run, but he is cheap enough to take a gamble on and can give a gun score whenever so the reward is pretty high.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:02 am

I'm an utter disgrace having 5 trades, and hate myself
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:02 am

BCT05 wrote:I mean it is possible Benji decides Bateman is needed more at the revolving door that is the lock position rather than edge. That would not be good news for Twal, have a bad feeling about that situation, wish I could go back to last week and trade him but feel like he probably needs to be held for now with next to no trades.

All a guessing game.

I think Twal's pretty safe in that pack tbh. Will be great in 19 and Bateman was tried at lock and moved away from ipap before his injury.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:16 am

kamikamicameleons wrote:

Compliment or insult?

I feel honoured to be considered smart enough to take advantage of stuff like that.

In all seriousness, I think the AE player idea is a bit silly, better to just increase squad size to 22 or 23, and keep the cap the same. This would allow more positional cover, as well as potentially bring red dots back into the game (right now they are worse than useless). The bad players would still waste all their trades but they'd be less likely to lose interest after fielding 14-15 guys for weeks on end.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:18 am

Milchcow wrote:

I also own Wighton, and I would advise against buying him.

I bought him in R14 because I expected him to do all the kicking (he needs this to be worth owning), however Trell has taken all his KMs.

For those of us who have him, he should do well this week and in R19 when Trell's in Origin, but after that he has to go (or be held as purely a warm body on the bench)
    Hounddub
    Hounddub

Post by Hounddub Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:24 am

Honeysett wrote:I've got rid of Kelma for Fainu, the 250k variety. He's a cash out for me to fund better things, advantage for me is he plays this week so I'll get a couple points.

I've got the same problem with what to do with Kelma. Need an EDG for this week but given I have Fifita, Aitken and Lucas I'm happy to nuff out for the cash.

I looked at Fainu after your post but actually landed on Sitili given he will likely cover post origin injury/rests and otherwise he'll not be an AE risk if not selected. At $284K he's so cheap for a former elite player.

Am I mad?
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:25 am

Hounddub wrote:

I've got the same problem with what to do with Kelma. Need an EDG for this week but given I have Fifita, Aitken and Lucas I'm happy to nuff out for the cash.

I looked at Fainu after your post but actually landed on Sitili given he will likely cover post origin injury/rests and otherwise he'll not be an AE risk if not selected. At $284K he's so cheap for a former elite player.

Am I mad?

You will get Shitili's 20 points in 30 minutes and you will like him!

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:29 am

Kevvy maintains Cobbo is fine, Karapani looks the goods at ctr.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:33 am

Milchcow wrote:

sipley probably worth a crack if you had 8+ trades.

as a last trade i'd take wighton every day in a season where players are dropping like flies. you said it yourself yesterday, he's going to play every week and probably average 35-40 without much trouble.

anyway matt can do what he wants, its entertaining none the less. sipley will score well this week, for sure.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:35 am

Bethany_B wrote:

I also own Wighton, and I would advise against buying him.

I bought him in R14 because I expected him to do all the kicking (he needs this to be worth owning), however Trell has taken all his KMs.

For those of us who have him, he should do well this week and in R19 when Trell's in Origin, but after that he has to go (or be held as purely a warm body on the bench)

Agreed - a good coverage cash out is how to think of him. Break glass if 32 points required.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:41 am

L-Jimmy wrote:

Agreed - a good coverage cash out is how to think of him. Break glass if 32 points required.

I'm personally planning to trade him in R20 for a fallen Origin gun, there will be a few that are ripe for the picking that week (Olakau'atu, DCE, Murray etc.)

That said, I'm stacked in the backs for the run home, so I won't need him (currently have Aitken, Kiraz, Manu and Iro for centre and Trell, Drinky and Teddy at WFB, not counting Weekes and Fa'alogo who are on the sell list once they lose their spots)
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:49 am

Khany wrote:I'm an utter disgrace having 5 trades, and hate myself

Don't feel bad, I have 2 trades left

I'm just trying to survive the bye period at the moment
    The good things is that I already own 3 big guns in Haas, Hynes, and Fifita and will have enough cash in the bank to get Cleary in 1 trade.
    So I don't have to make a lot of "must-have" trades post round 20.
    Mitchell and Angus would be nice to have in the team, but I'm not sure if I can squeeze both into the team.
    Might just save most of the 8 trades for injuries
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:53 am

my tv broke wrote:

sipley probably worth a crack if you had 8+ trades.

as a last trade i'd take wighton every day in a season where players are dropping like flies. you said it yourself yesterday, he's going to play every week and probably average 35-40 without much trouble.

anyway matt can do what he wants, its entertaining none the less. sipley will score well this week, for sure.

Peak entertainment will be avoiding Porter and he goes full Zac Hosking over the next 4 weeks, averaging 50ppg.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:55 am

robelgordo wrote:

Peak entertainment will be avoiding Porter and he goes full Zac Hosking over the next 4 weeks, averaging 50ppg.

probably entertaining until we've heard about it for the 50th time Laugh

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:11 am