NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 58 - Coming Soon: The Grateful Eight!

Finch
    Finch

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 58 - Coming Soon: The Grateful Eight! - Page 34 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 58 - Coming Soon: The Grateful Eight!

Post by Finch Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:59 pm

The thing with JC, is he is scoring well because the Titans are going well

He barely scores points when the opposition turns up

Although looking at their draw, there's certainly still points on offer
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 58 - Coming Soon: The Grateful Eight! - Page 34 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 58 - Coming Soon: The Grateful Eight!

Post by Loomer Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:01 pm

Finch wrote:The thing with JC, is he is scoring well because the Titans are going well

He barely scores points when the opposition turns up

Although looking at their draw, there's certainly still points on offer
    7 missed tackles last 2 and 3 TO last game seems like an outlier so I'm just going to have to give him a miss this season
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:02 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:I need a HOK this week if Grant has another mishap. Randall seems risky now, Starling is just downright scary
    I think Randall might have the Lock position going forward. Jolliffe more likely to return to the prop rotation.
    Verrils at 9, Randall at 13 seems to be working well, I can't see how Jolliffe's return would change it. Randall may lose some minutes, who knows???
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:02 pm

the_great_wobbler wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

Is the 2 trades to get you to a decent 17?  Or are they luxury trades/upgrades?

Yeah to get to a full 17.

Looking at Trell, Carty, Hands to Cleary, Fifita, Starling.

That leaves me carrying McInnes, Nikora, Iro, Api as red dots for the week. Starling a bit speculative but he covers HOK this week and is hopefully playable longer term if he keeps the minutes.
    Randall is another option, though that would mean forgoing Cleary for DCE I think without an extra trade.

For reference:

I went Fifita to Uto a few weeks back for numbers which was definitely wrong, though was mostly done to chase a monthly which ended up being a week longer than I thought anyway and ended up around 200th haha.

Haha, most of us would have done the same thing to chase a Monthly mate; and with all the Uto signing talk he should be at Season best numbers now, not worst.  Are you not in Lord of the Byes?

In regards trades, I only have to make 1 this week to have 17 (hopefully) and that is what I personally think everyone should be aiming for-to just get a 17.  There are mostly Fantasy relevant team Byes coming up, and with the way the Season has already gone with injuries, there will be a heap not being able to even field a full 17 for the last month of the year.  Saving trades is just as important now; probably moreso considering there are no more handouts.  Tigers Round 26 Bye plus injuries, and then Round 27 potential restings-having a couple of trades left will be massive for rank gains in the last few weeks.  

Starling is coming in to my Trousers this Friday night as well.  All things being equal he will be a great pick up.  I'm a once or twice a season Starling owner like a lot on here so it was inevitable.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:05 pm

Chewie wrote:
    I think Randall might have the Lock position going forward. Jolliffe more likely to return to the prop rotation.
    Verrils at 9, Randall at 13 seems to be working well, I can't see how Jolliffe's return would change it. Randall may lose some minutes, who knows???
    Starling for 200k less feels like a better way to go if I’m shopping. We know what Starling provides with 60+ minutes.

Ricky shenanigans is the risk
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:17 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

He's not a shoe in to be kicking for goal first week back mate.
    Who else is there that could kick goals? Edwards is out. Oh I guess they have Schneider if he plays.

Alamonti as well.  From memory goal kicking is not so much an issue as general play kicks though with Hammies.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:26 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

He's not a shoe in to be kicking for goal first week back mate.
    I always wonder maybe he’s been good to go for a couple of weeks and he’s been doing the work in training to make sure he’s right for his NRL return. Kicking goals doesnt seem to be something you need match fitness for?

Not so much match fitness mate, more about reducing the chance of reinjury when you have other blokes who can do the job. From memory there is not a huge risk with goal kicking and Hammies as opposed to kicks in general play, but it's still a quick acceleration/deceleration action that could be avoided.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:33 pm

standard-issue wrote:

Not so much match fitness mate, more about reducing the chance of reinjury when you have other blokes who can do the job.  From memory there is not a huge risk with goal kicking and Hammies as opposed to kicks in general play, but it's still a quick acceleration/deceleration action that could be avoided.
    Yeah better safe than sorry makes perfect sense
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:39 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

Not so much match fitness mate, more about reducing the chance of reinjury when you have other blokes who can do the job.  From memory there is not a huge risk with goal kicking and Hammies as opposed to kicks in general play, but it's still a quick acceleration/deceleration action that could be avoided.
    Yeah better safe than sorry makes perfect sense

I think last year though Cleary kicked for goal his first game back from that Hammie back then. Maybe they didn't have options like this year, but gee, still feels like something the most valuable player in the game doesn't actually need to risk doing first game back from a 10 week lay off.

Like you were saying though, feels like they've given him an extra couple of weeks off to recover.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:39 pm

the_great_wobbler wrote:

Yeah to get to a full 17.

Looking at Trell, Carty, Hands to Cleary, Fifita, Starling.

That leaves me carrying McInnes, Nikora, Iro, Api as red dots for the week. Starling a bit speculative but he covers HOK this week and is hopefully playable longer term if he keeps the minutes.
    Randall is another option, though that would mean forgoing Cleary for DCE I think without an extra trade.

For reference:

I went Fifita to Uto a few weeks back for numbers which was definitely wrong, though was mostly done to chase a monthly which ended up being a week longer than I thought anyway and ended up around 200th haha.

The monthly not being a calendar month was definitely a trap
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jul 16, 2024 11:02 pm

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 58 - Coming Soon: The Grateful Eight! - Page 34 R20
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:01 am

Camo123 wrote:Titans injury report states Jolliffe due back R22 (2 weeks ahead of schedule)

May impact Randall (at least I hope after selling him)

Would he not just push Clark back to the interchange for his normal bench utility role?

I think Randall's done great at lock and has it until Tino is back
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:14 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Starling for 200k less feels like a better way to go if I’m shopping. We know what Starling provides with 60+ minutes.

Ricky shenanigans is the risk

I'm looking at Randall as a MID rather than a HOK and I reckon he provides value. Very low BE and looks to be a high minute lock. Only concern is if his minutes drop down to 50-60 when Joliffe is back, but removing his 1 30 minute game this year and he's averaging 70 mins across a range of positions.

He does have a lot of risk though, Clark + Klese can play his position and with Jolly back it does feel he could be one bad game away from losing his slot. A good indicator may be the Titans seem to be playing well and winning with him there though. Why would Des move him? I think LOCK is his, it's just does he keep the minutes... if yes, then he's a cut price keeper at MID.
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:30 am

standard-issue wrote:

Haha, most of us would have done the same thing to chase a Monthly mate; and with all the Uto signing talk he should be at Season best numbers now, not worst.  Are you not in Lord of the Byes?

In regards trades, I only have to make 1 this week to have 17 (hopefully) and that is what I personally think everyone should be aiming for-to just get a 17.  There are mostly Fantasy relevant team Byes coming up, and with the way the Season has already gone with injuries, there will be a heap not being able to even field a full 17 for the last month of the year.  Saving trades is just as important now; probably moreso considering there are no more handouts.  Tigers Round 26 Bye plus injuries, and then Round 27 potential restings-having a couple of trades left will be massive for rank gains in the last few weeks.  

Starling is coming in to my Trousers this Friday night as well.  All things being equal he will be a great pick up.  I'm a once or twice a season Starling owner like a lot on here so it was inevitable.

Cheers for this lots of really good points. Yeah currently 6th in the byes. The tigers one is interesting as I currently have 3 there. Might be enough to move Api on instead of Cartwright or Hands.

I'm slightly less worried about r27 this year compared to last as my team is much shittier haha.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:37 am

the_great_wobbler wrote:For those with only the fresh 8 trades remaining how many are you spending this week? My head says to use 2 max but there are so many good buys it's going to be hard not to just splurge them all.

As many as you need to IMO

I wouldn't be holding long term red dots just so you can say you have an extra trade to use on another long term red dot in a few weeks.

If you have to grab a cash out to make the guns work I'd be grabbing guys with job security like Savage, Mad Jack, Mamouzelous, Sandon Smith. The 10 points in round 25 will be handy

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:42 am

Any chance Mozer stays on Broncos bench at full strength ?
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:44 am

mattnz wrote:
    4 to get 17 on the park.

Same here. Went into the week with 1 left, will make 4 trades to have 16.. tough week.
    Tohu - Curran
    Matto - Starling
    Trell - Murray
    Brown - Randall

Currently looking like:

Brailey
    Murray - Curran - Koloa
    Fifi - KPP
    Galvin - Weekes
    Garrick - Wighton
    Teddy - JC - Gray

Blore - starling - randall - api
    hands - jdb - manu - iro

Next week will be bringing Chin in for Brailey and the following Ponga for weekes.

Any feedback welcomes. I know i'm over subscribed on HOK's but thinking Hands is a 20/21 man, starling is 20/21 also but potential to put up 45 if he keeps his spot. Randall i'm buying as a MID and brailey gone next week.
    Letting Matto go for a number this week and a better scorer long term, plus Kelma back soon who will get his spot back
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Jul 17, 2024 7:02 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:I need a HOK this week if Grant has another mishap. Randall seems risky now, Starling is just downright scary

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 58 - Coming Soon: The Grateful Eight! - Page 34 A30fc610
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed Jul 17, 2024 7:07 am

I might wait on Cleary, which is not something I would usually do, those comments just enough to probably put me off.

Instead I should probably get a WFB this week. Looking at Drinkwater, JC, Turbo or Kiraz. Maybe it's time to finally get Kiraz, which seems wild when next to those other options, I can't quite believe he has kept up that scoring all year. Has been a bit painful watching Bulldogs games without him while he's junk TB and offloading all over the place. No byes to go and Bulldogs well in the hunt.
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Wed Jul 17, 2024 7:13 am

the_great_wobbler wrote:For those with only the fresh 8 trades remaining how many are you spending this week? My head says to use 2 max but there are so many good buys it's going to be hard not to just splurge them all.

Sadly Having to use all 4 just to stay afloat with all of Hynes, Latrell, Aitken and King out long term.

Then have Fa'alogo + Twal bench only, potentially no Haas + Sharpe as reserves only right now, and Hands and Iro bye.

This season has been utterly brutal

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:07 am