NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 60 - Take your downdates on the Chin

Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 60 - Take your downdates on the Chin - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 60 - Take your downdates on the Chin

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:56 pm

Pretty sure I'm doing the TU option but figure I'd sanity check this decision on how to fund Cleary.

TU: Plath to Starling (budget 475k)
    TD: Hands to Hayes (budget 242k)
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 60 - Take your downdates on the Chin - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 60 - Take your downdates on the Chin

Post by Milchcow Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:59 pm

Bethany_B wrote:Pretty sure I'm doing the TU option but figure I'd sanity check this decision on how to fund Cleary.

TU: Plath to Starling (budget 475k)
    TD: Hands to Hayes (budget 242k)

Surely there is a better option than Hayes if you are going the cashout route.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:00 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Surely there is a better option than Hayes if you are going the cashout route.

If I sell Hands instead of Plath, I can only afford up to 242k (if I could afford McLean for 40k more, I would lock that in without a second thought).

If I sell Plath, I can get Starling or anyone else under 475k so not necessarily a cashout.

For reference, Hands is my only real cashout as of now, thanks to the emergence of Howarth as a genuine player at centre.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:01 pm

Full Bateman story;

John Bateman set for immediate Super League switch - but his Wests Tigers tenure isn't over yet

John Bateman will return home to England for the remainder of 2024 - but his time at the Wests Tigers isn't over just yet.

According to a report from The Sydney Morning Herald, the star back-rower has been granted a short-term release to play in the Super League.

He is expected to play out the season with Warrington under league great Sam Burgess, joining the likes of Matt Dufty and Paul Vaughan at the Wolves.

However, with two years still left to run on his contract, Bateman is expected to return to Concord and fulfil his obligations in 2025 and 2026.

A frustrated John Bateman has been granted a release by the Tigers.

According to the Herald, the enforcer is missing his family overseas and wishes to return home for the next few months, before making his way back to the NRL joint-venture.

The 30-year-old didn't participate in training on Tuesday and was left out of Benji Marshall's squad for this weekend's clash against the Warriors.

Bateman was one of multiple players who were reportedly shopped around to English clubs by chief executive Shane Richardson earlier in the year, with the international forward failing to replicate the form shown during his time at the Canberra Raiders.

Jayden Sullivan and Brent Naden are also facing uncertain futures in the black and gold.
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:32 pm

Considering doing Wishart to Ponga if Munster comes back and throwing Gray in there for the week. Have 55k in the bank so Wishart plays off the bench then there is a small chance Ponga gets out of reach.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:40 pm

Weiland wrote:Considering doing Wishart to Ponga if Munster comes back and throwing Gray in there for the week. Have 55k in the bank so Wishart plays off the bench then there is a small chance Ponga gets out of reach.
    Of all the WFBs I can grab, Ponga and JC are the ones that I want. 

Definitely contemplating plugging in Gray for one more week and then doing Shoes to Ponga next week
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:41 pm

Weiland wrote:Considering doing Wishart to Ponga if Munster comes back and throwing Gray in there for the week. Have 55k in the bank so Wishart plays off the bench then there is a small chance Ponga gets out of reach.
    Hoping Bellamy just gives Wishart 1 more week on the basis Eels are shit. Munster will still have a couple of games under belt before Panthers game which is finals prep

Just quickly listened to injury report https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/2024/07/23/frank-ponissi-injury-report-round-21/

Munster trained on his own yesterday, but with team today and will train with team for captain’s run with decision then.
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:45 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Of all the WFBs I can grab, Ponga and JC are the ones that I want. 

Definitely contemplating plugging in Gray for one more week and then doing Shoes to Ponga next week

I am kinda thinking of doing it regardless. Even if Wishart plays, I will be freaking out he either gets injured/HIA or just has a shocker and scores under 20 and puts Ponga out my price range. I don't need the stress.
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:48 pm

Camo123 wrote:
    Hoping Bellamy just gives Wishart 1 more week on the basis Eels are shit. Munster will still have a couple of games under belt before Panthers game which is finals prep

Just quickly listened to injury report https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/2024/07/23/frank-ponissi-injury-report-round-21/

Munster trained on his own yesterday, but with team today and will train with team for captain’s run with decision then.

Yeah I will be very surprised if he plays. No point in throwing him in there against the bottom team. Alternatively maybe they see it as a good game to ease him back into it Very Happy
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:54 pm

Jumping Marlin wrote:

Seems about right - I traded him in last week….  at the time comforted by the fact he was given the captaincy with Api out.  

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 60 - Take your downdates on the Chin - Page 13 Giphy
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Jul 23, 2024 9:06 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Wishart could have a field day against the Eels, and it’s the second game. Plenty of time to make decisions?

The Eels usually don't perform well against the Storm... they seem to lift when they play the Panthers
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Tue Jul 23, 2024 9:17 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:Full Bateman story;

John Bateman set for immediate Super League switch - but his Wests Tigers tenure isn't over yet

John Bateman will return home to England for the remainder of 2024 - but his time at the Wests Tigers isn't over just yet.

According to a report from The Sydney Morning Herald, the star back-rower has been granted a short-term release to play in the Super League.

He is expected to play out the season with Warrington under league great Sam Burgess, joining the likes of Matt Dufty and Paul Vaughan at the Wolves.

However, with two years still left to run on his contract, Bateman is expected to return to Concord and fulfil his obligations in 2025 and 2026.

A frustrated John Bateman has been granted a release by the Tigers.

According to the Herald, the enforcer is missing his family overseas and wishes to return home for the next few months, before making his way back to the NRL joint-venture.

The 30-year-old didn't participate in training on Tuesday and was left out of Benji Marshall's squad for this weekend's clash against the Warriors.

Bateman was one of multiple players who were reportedly shopped around to English clubs by chief executive Shane Richardson earlier in the year, with the international forward failing to replicate the form shown during his time at the Canberra Raiders.

Jayden Sullivan and Brent Naden are also facing uncertain futures in the black and gold.

WTF! What does that say to teammates, supporters etc.

The only way that makes sense is that the Tigers are truly putting him in the shop window.

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jul 23, 2024 9:21 pm

Bringing the big boys in this week.

Still holding Latrell

Plath/Weekes/KPP/Walker OUT

Cleary/Yeo/Haas/McLean IN

Watson
    Haas Yeo Koala
    Fifita Curran
    Cleary Galvin
    Mclean Iro
    Garrick Campbell Kiraz

Api
    Blore
    Brailey - Loop
    Latrell - Loop

Fainu
    Cheese
    Soro
    Gray
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Jul 23, 2024 9:22 pm

Got a good issue to have.

I need to pick 4 of

Starling, Koroisau, Randall, Watson, Galvin (Can swap with Brown), Strange (Can swap with Iro), Hands, Plath

I could trade out two of them to bring in a WFB for Weekes but want to sit on trades.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jul 23, 2024 9:27 pm

RandomSil wrote:Got a good issue to have.

I need to pick 4 of

Starling, Koroisau, Randall, Watson, Galvin (Can swap with Brown), Strange (Can swap with Iro), Hands, Plath

I could trade out two of them to bring in a WFB for Weekes but want to sit on trades.

Koro/Watson/Galvin/Starling

if you are waiting on WFB, hold the trade and get Ponga in next week?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Jul 23, 2024 9:28 pm

Jumping Marlin wrote:

WTF!  What does that say to teammates, supporters etc.

The only way that makes sense is that the Tigers are truly putting him in the shop window.

Shopped around to Super League earlier in the season, no interest at the price, claims homesickness, goes "home"... but only for a couple of months?

In truth, Bateman's last stint in SL - before he went to Wests - was pretty poor. This is probably a trial period to see if he's worth big money. If Warrington or another SL club decide he is, then someone will snap him up, if he isn't, then he'll either have to go back to Wests or they'll have to subsidise his salary.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jul 23, 2024 9:43 pm

Bateman has been a real disappointment recently anyway. For a team with shoddy discipline he is one of the worst offenders, and as a leader of the team its a crap example to be setting.

Probably just waited until iPap was fit again before shipping him back to England
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Tue Jul 23, 2024 10:01 pm

Hypothetically with 4 trades left and you were holding Pryce would you:

TU: trade for Starling (and risk Ricky’s wrath)
    TD: hold as my only looping candidate this week
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Jul 23, 2024 10:32 pm

Welshy wrote:
    RandomSil wrote:Got a good issue to have.

I need to pick 4 of

Koro/Watson/Galvin/Starling

if you are waiting on WFB, hold the trade and get Ponga in next week?

Didn't even think about that, glad to hold trades for a week and look at Ponga/damage control.

I agree with the four you put up, feels bad leaving Randall out but yeah probably lowest ceiling of any of them.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Jul 24, 2024 12:07 am

This might be the only time aside from R1 I’ve had 21 players available. And it’s before trades! Can’t wait to struggle to 850 and bench 300 pts

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:54 am