NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 60 - Take your downdates on the Chin

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 60 - Take your downdates on the Chin - Page 27 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 60 - Take your downdates on the Chin

Post by White Lightning Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:54 am

Finch wrote:White Lightning

What trades are you making this week?

This question has nothing to do with our eliminator match bounce bounce bounce

hey bro my trades will be sam walker & plath out - cleary & howarth in
    the only change will be if munster starts then i might sell hughes instead of walker but not sure as the storm play the eels & hughes could go large even with munster there
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 60 - Take your downdates on the Chin - Page 27 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 60 - Take your downdates on the Chin

Post by White Lightning Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:58 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:Back from Rwanda. Bloody amazing country. I highly recommend travelling there if any of you are interested in doing an African safari type holiday. It's beautiful and safe (unlike many of its neighbours that are quite frankly basket-cases).

If you are ever keen, shoot me a PM and i'll set you up with a local driver/logistics guy who we worked with. He's excellent.

As for Fantasy related news, the Bludgers are going all in. 3 trades done, 1 left.
    J.Brails / Weekes / Plath became Fog / Grant / Howarth [picked up Cleary last week].

Holding on for the run home.
    Knowing how my Fantasy luck works, I'd recommend you check my team list and avoid the players I'm running as they will no doubt cop an injury of some type before Rd.26.

Best of luck for those up near the top - I ride with Chewie.

i remember at school in geography we studied rwanda but i can't remember much about it
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:15 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:Back from Rwanda. Bloody amazing country. I highly recommend travelling there if any of you are interested in doing an African safari type holiday. It's beautiful and safe (unlike many of its neighbours that are quite frankly basket-cases).

If you are ever keen, shoot me a PM and i'll set you up with a local driver/logistics guy who we worked with. He's excellent.

As for Fantasy related news, the Bludgers are going all in. 3 trades done, 1 left.
    J.Brails / Weekes / Plath became Fog / Grant / Howarth [picked up Cleary last week].

Knowing how my Fantasy luck works, I'd recommend you check my team list and avoid the players I'm running as they will no doubt cop an injury of some type before Rd.26.

White Lightning wrote:

i remember at school in geography we studied rwanda but i can't remember much about it

Rwanda had a horrific genocide in 1994, since then there has been massive effort from multiple NGOs to help rebuild Rwanda.
    It's pretty amazing to see the progress that has been made since then. Grateful for people like "the Bludger" who go out there and make a difference cheer
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:20 am

White Lightning wrote:

hey bro my trades will be sam walker & plath out - cleary & howarth in
    the only change will be if munster starts then i might sell hughes instead of walker but not sure as the storm play the eels & hughes could go large even with munster there
     How many trades left? I have Walker and I think he scores enough to stay in my 17. Seems very luxury trade
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:29 am

White Lightning wrote:

Watch Hotel Rwanda (movie 2004) graphic and heart renching but real also
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:30 am

No Worries wrote:

Season 3 of The Bear, what a letdown hey !
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:41 am

Loomer wrote:
     How many trades left? I have Walker and I think he scores enough to stay in my 17. Seems very luxury trade

i have 4 trades left before trading. yes you are right but the only other player i can sell to get cleary is hughes & since hughes has finished his byes & plays the eels whereas walker has a bye in rd 23 so he has 1 less game plus i already had 3 roosters including walker it made more sense to sell him
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:43 am

Revraiser wrote:

Almost finished - a few eps left - still good but not season 1-2 levels. Almost nothing is happening! Too many standalone episodes.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:58 am

Revraiser wrote:

robelgordo wrote:

Almost finished - a few eps left - still good but not season 1-2 levels. Almost nothing is happening! Too many standalone episodes.

Yeah my thoughts too, can still appreciate the production, acting etc but the story development was super lacking, felt like a real filler season.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:59 am

Revraiser wrote:
    No Worries wrote:

Seroius ? It was so much more thought provoking and left to the audience to intepret that the first 2. It will smash the Emmys.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:19 am

https://www.nrl.com/rugby-league-in-las-vegas-2025/?utm_source=nrl&utm_medium=premium_display&utm_campaign=2025vegas

A festival of Rugby League returns to Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas in 2025. Bigger, Bolder and Better.

Be there to witness all the action live in the sports and entertainment capital of the world on Saturday 1 March (local time).

8 teams. 4 games. 1 epic ticket.

Canberra Raiders vs New Zealand Warriors
    Penrith Panthers vs Cronulla Sutherland-Sharks
    Wigan Warriors vs Warrington Wolves
    Australian Jillaroos vs England Women's Team

General Public Tickets to Rugby League Las Vegas are on sale at Friday 26 July, 9am AEST.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:23 am

White Lightning wrote:

Most info in the western world is only about the genocide of Tutsi people in 1994 (approx 1 million massacred in 100 days).
    But, Rwanda is incredible. They have turned their nation around in less than 30 years. It is safe, and going ahead economically. The country is beautiful, the people are friendly and positive, the wild life is amazing. If you get the chance, do a tour.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:24 am

Chewie wrote:

Rwanda had a horrific genocide in 1994, since then there has been massive effort from multiple NGOs to help rebuild Rwanda.
    It's pretty amazing to see the progress that has been made since then. Grateful for people like "the Bludger" who go out there and make a difference  cheer

Cheers bro.
    [The Force is strong with this one]
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:38 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:

Most info in the western world is only about the genocide of Tutsi people in 1994 (approx 1 million massacred in 100 days).
    But, Rwanda is incredible. They have turned their nation around in less than 30 years. It is safe, and going ahead economically. The country is beautiful, the people are friendly and positive, the wild life is amazing. If you get the chance, do a tour.

Sounds wonderful - and good on you for your good service! *hat tipped*

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 60 - Take your downdates on the Chin - Page 27 Giphy
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:41 am

Aardvark wrote:

I have to concur....whinging about non stats is pretty tiresome (but I'll let it slide in the immediate aftermath of a game or round) let alone going actually go to the effort of writing an outraged email, ffs

I would however like to be called 'righteously indignant' as it's one of my favourite phrases (maybe I was moonlighting at the NRL angry email answering department @robelgordo)

I find myself outraged by this nefarious emailing and would happily bring my pitchfork and flaming torch to any assembly of enraged fantasy citizens

Although equally I too would love to be labelled 'righteously indignant' - it seems like the sort of bucket list response that I'd be keen to laminate and place on my wall (if I had a laminator or was inclined to place 'life achievements' on my wall)
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:41 am

Chewie wrote:
    It's pretty amazing to see the progress that has been made since then. Grateful for people like "the Bludger" who go out there and make a difference  :cheer:

As a young wannabe journo I had a mentor in Hong Kong back in the day - old English bloke who'd covered the genocide for a few outlets.

It broke him. Never talked about it, but deep in the piss he'd show a few scars. Can't imagine what it must've been like - a million people killed in months with farming tools alone - neighbour on neighbour human-level slaughter. Boggles the mind.

Glad the place is less traumatic now - from Top Gear alone it looks beautiful!
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:45 am

White Lightning wrote:

i have 4 trades left before trading. yes you are right but the only other player i can sell to get cleary is hughes & since hughes has finished his byes & plays the eels whereas walker has a bye in rd 23 so he has 1 less game plus i already had 3 roosters including walker it made more sense to sell him
    If getting Cleary meant me having to navigate 7 rounds with 2 trades left I'd probably have to seriously consider going without
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:53 am

Munster will have double hip surgery in the offseason. 9-10 week recovery. Sauce - SMH article.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:55 am

robelgordo wrote:Munster will have double hip surgery in the offseason. 9-10 week recovery. Sauce - SMH article.
    I misread lip surgery
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:55 am

Loomer wrote:
    If getting Cleary meant me having to navigate 7 rounds with 2 trades left I'd probably have to seriously consider going without

you're too sensible for me bro...running the gauntlet with only 2 trades is nothing new for this trade whore bounce

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:08 am