NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 62 - Avocado's, Coffee, and Scrota; No one has any trades left, do they?

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 62 - Avocado's, Coffee, and Scrota; No one has any trades left, do they? - Page 31 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 62 - Avocado's, Coffee, and Scrota; No one has any trades left, do they?

Post by Guest Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:22 am

Last edited by Khany on Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 62 - Avocado's, Coffee, and Scrota; No one has any trades left, do they? - Page 31 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 62 - Avocado's, Coffee, and Scrota; No one has any trades left, do they?

Post by Aardvark Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:38 am

Having watched the last few Broncos games I think that, for looping purposes, any outside backs playing against them are good for a couple of meat pies. They don't seem to be able to defend on the edges effectively at all, particularly against set starts (i.e. scrums)
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:43 am

Aardvark wrote:Having watched the last few Broncos games I think that, for looping purposes, any outside backs playing against them are good for a couple of meat pies. They don't seem to be able to defend on the edges effectively at all, particularly against set starts (i.e. scrums)

all i'm hearing is i should save my final trade in for an isaako banner in round 26
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:46 am

my tv broke wrote:

all i'm hearing is i should save my final trade in for an isaako banner in round 26

He'll carve up with that swivelly run that he does from about 20mt out.....even Pat won't be able to get across to stop him.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:12 am

BCT05 wrote:A real shame for the Hosk, hope to see him have a full season next year.

Get well soon Zac!
    ynot
    ynot

Post by ynot Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:25 am

Chewie wrote:

Get well soon Zac!

Thanks mate
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:27 am

https://x.com/troypod78/status/1820208987276709978?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1820208987276709978%7Ctwgr%5E7ee37c463c897088afcf58b5a9451b0502f1c868%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fprideoftheleague.com%2Fthreads%2Fnews-general-articles-and-discussion.15%2Fpage-512

@PhilGould15 This is Simon the Canberra Raiders drummer being harassed by Bulldogs fans after the game.
    Simon is so upset about this being verbally abused and at one point being knocked to the ground. 35 years supporting his team at away games this is the worst ever.

Sorry for the big print but this is disgusting.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:42 am

BCT05 wrote:A real shame for the Hosk, hope to see him have a full season next year.

Tweet:
    Weeeeeeelll Fuck. Feels like a double whammy, feel bad for Hosking and it also sucks to see Whitehead have to do more than he's expected/capable of rather than playing a supporting role and comes off looking worse
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:45 am

ynot wrote:

Thanks mate

Is there any way in which you could fix my poor score from this last round, add a few phantom points here and there?
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:50 am

Mahoney up a couple to 39 about the only change I've noticed from my lot. No chance Plath or Watson are getting those TAs is there, they've lost the plot.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:54 am

BCT05 wrote:Mahoney up a couple to 39 about the only change I've noticed from my lot. No chance Plath or Watson are getting those TAs is there, they've lost the plot.

How the hell does Starling get one but these two don't?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Aug 05, 2024 12:02 pm

Yeah I think they should be more generous with TA's
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Aug 05, 2024 12:02 pm

BCT05 wrote:Mahoney up a couple to 39 about the only change I've noticed from my lot. No chance Plath or Watson are getting those TAs is there, they've lost the plot.

Burton just dropped 4.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Aug 05, 2024 12:25 pm

Chewie wrote:Yeah I think they should be more generous with TA's

The thing is, last pass from dummy half used to be given as a TA 99% of the time. Now they're just picking and choosing? I'm sure Plath is credited with a TA on his official stats for the game.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Aug 05, 2024 12:30 pm

wolfking wrote:

The thing is, last pass from dummy half used to be given as a TA 99% of the time.  Now they're just picking and choosing?  I'm sure Plath is credited with a TA on his official stats for the game.

definitely not on the official stats, but fox gave it as a try assist (well the commentators mentioned him as having a try assist when they rattled off how good a game he was having).

bit of a head scratcher for watson and plath to not get TA's there.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Aug 05, 2024 12:33 pm

wolfking wrote:

The thing is, last pass from dummy half used to be given as a TA 99% of the time.  Now they're just picking and choosing?  I'm sure Plath is credited with a TA on his official stats for the game.

Fantasy uses the official stats - and Plath doesn't have one there. Fox Sports and Champion both gave him one though.

Official stats have just been really harsh on dummy half passes counting as TAs this year. All he did was take 1 step before passing, don't think he did anything explicit to engage the defense or create space.
    I still think it was worth a TA, but there have been more obvious ones this year that have missed out, so I wouldn't hold out hope for a late update.

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Aug 05, 2024 12:46 pm

Yeah sorry, I know they take them from there, I kinda meant all the other outlets giving him a TA. Just a weird contradiction.

I don't really give a shit and not expecting it but he did kinda turn the other way and set Kaufusi up, so it's not like he did absolutely nothing, but whatever.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Aug 05, 2024 12:52 pm

wolfking wrote:Yeah sorry, I know they take them from there, I kinda meant all the other outlets giving him a TA.  Just a weird contradiction.

I don't really give a shit and not expecting it but he did kinda turn the other way and set Kaufusi up, so it's not like he did absolutely nothing, but whatever.

i'm not 'die on this hill' angry about it, carefactor super low tbh, but agreed, that sort of thing should get a TA.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Mon Aug 05, 2024 1:02 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Fantasy uses the official stats - and Plath doesn't have one there. Fox Sports and Champion both gave him one though.

Official stats have just been really harsh on dummy half passes counting as TAs this year.  All he did was take 1 step before passing, don't think he did anything explicit to engage the defense or create space.
    I still think it was worth a TA, but there have been more obvious ones this year that have missed out, so I wouldn't hold out hope for a late update.

I also suffer from super low care factor - I don't own Plath or Watson, but let's face it, we've all been potentially dudded at multiple points this year from those sort of things.

They are the "Official stats" - but seriously, what difference does it make? who are the Official stats actually for?

If it's for the clubs - then surely the Roosters/Dolphins would be happy with the dummy half work and probably consider it a beneficial involvement?? - can't imagine the Storm being annoyed that a missed tackle wasn't accrued when Harry Grant rushed up to deny an attacker space but didn't fully engage defensively... or that a club would be pissed that their dummy half got credited a TA after indicating to his middle forward to hit a gap and put the ball on right on his chest when it was too late for the defence to shut it down...

If it's for just NRL statistics - wouldn't they prefer to elevate statistics? they love top try scorers, top assists, all that jazz, I'm not saying inflate or make up statistics, but don't see any point being harsh on them?

If it's for the Fantasy product (and I know this is the last cab off the rank), but people like scoring points, people don't like feeling like they've been jipped out of points, so just let them flow man, fun times...
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Aug 05, 2024 1:07 pm

easytiger wrote:

I also suffer from super low care factor - I don't own Plath or Watson, but let's face it, we've all been potentially dudded at multiple points this year from those sort of things.

They are the "Official stats" - but seriously, what difference does it make? who are the Official stats actually for?

If it's for the clubs - then surely the Roosters/Dolphins would be happy with the dummy half work and probably consider it a beneficial involvement?? - can't imagine the Storm being annoyed that a missed tackle wasn't accrued when Harry Grant rushed up to deny an attacker space but didn't fully engage defensively... or that a club would be pissed that their dummy half got credited a TA after indicating to his middle forward to hit a gap and put the ball on right on his chest when it was too late for the defence to shut it down...

If it's for just NRL statistics - wouldn't they prefer to elevate statistics? they love top try scorers, top assists, all that jazz, I'm not saying inflate or make up statistics, but don't see any point being harsh on them?

If it's for the Fantasy product (and I know this is the last cab off the rank), but people like scoring points, people don't like feeling like they've been jipped out of points, so just let them flow man, fun times...

Post more.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:51 pm