NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2

sajjos
    sajjos

Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2 - Page 45 Empty Re: Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2

Post by sajjos Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:44 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

Had a quick look through the squads today and I couldn't help feeling envious as I looked at most every squad. Don't know if I'm just being paranoid... this one seems pretty decent;

Koro
    Vaughan, Paulo
    Friz, Tevaga, Barnett
    Reynolds, Watson
    Hopoate, Averillo
    Papy, Brimson, Isaako

Robson
    Welch
    H. Young
    Doueihi

Main area of concern for me is Averillo. If he doesn't make the cut for round one, do I have Wednesday and Thursday to trade him or someone out for a playing CTR, before the season starts? Is that how it works? Kept telling myself to get a back-up centre... just couldn't find one I even half wanted of the ones that were left. Sad

It's rolling lockout, so you should be able to pick up free agents before they get locked out or your players team plays.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2 - Page 45 Empty Re: Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 2

Post by standard-issue Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:09 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:
    Welshy wrote:Very happy with that League 2 draft, few missing to start season but some excellent depth and a strong side when all fit

JBrailey
    AFB, RCG
    Crichton, Tapine, Lane
    Munster, Lam
    Bird, Aitken
    RTS, CGraham, Sivo

Haas
    SJ
    GWilliams
    Turbo

Had a quick look through the squads today and I couldn't help feeling envious as I looked at most every squad. Don't know if I'm just being paranoid... this one seems pretty decent;

Koro
    Vaughan, Paulo
    Friz, Tevaga, Barnett
    Reynolds, Watson
    Hopoate, Averillo
    Papy, Brimson, Isaako

Robson
    Welch
    H. Young
    Doueihi

Main area of concern for me is Averillo. If he doesn't make the cut for round one, do I have Wednesday and Thursday to trade him or someone out for a playing CTR, before the season starts? Is that how it works? Kept telling myself to get a back-up centre... just couldn't find one I even half wanted of the ones that were left. Sad

It's very rare anyone is really happy with their Draft mate. Welshy and I were only talking about it the other night and it's the first time both of us have been happy with the end result and I've done maybe 20 Drafts and Welshy maybe twice that?
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:14 pm

Thanks chaps. So it's next to impossible to get caught out with a man short, is it? Nice.

And yeah, I've been pretty happy with both drafts I've been involved this year (this and Fantasy) and it was purely only when I compared my team to other teams that I had a bit of doubt. But I know if I look at the teams closely, from 1-17 (or even out to 21), they're probably not too far apart in terms of quality.

Dead excited to get stuck into the rounds each week. Love having those extra players to keep an eye on outside my Classic teams.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:21 pm

It could be worse..i only have 1 starting CTR and I drafted 3 of them.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:08 pm

RandomSil wrote:It could be worse..i only have 1 starting CTR and I drafted 3 of them.

lol. Nice. So what will you do - you going to make a trade before round one kick off?

When I was looking at all the squads I thought Welshy had done the same, but he was obviously thinking more clearly than I was with the Bird inclusion swapped out with some bench 2RFs.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:11 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

lol. Nice. So what will you do - you going to make a trade before round one kick off?

When I was looking at all the squads I thought Welshy had done the same, but he was obviously thinking more clearly than I was with the Bird inclusion swapped out with some bench 2RFs.

haha nope Graham into WFB, Bird into CTR and Lane starting 2rf, surprised he was there that late!

only real downside in hooker for me, but Brailey should go well under new rules plus have Lam as backup with GWilliams coming into run on side

Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:25 pm

Welshy wrote:

haha nope Graham into WFB, Bird into CTR and Lane starting 2rf, surprised he was there that late!

only real downside in hooker for me, but Brailey should go well under new rules plus have Lam as backup with GWilliams coming into run on side

Yeah, like you said above, you have good depth. Brailey won't be a world beater but he'll do the job for sure. I think you possibly have the strongest 21 man squad, but finding out that it's easy enough to swap players in and out, I'm hoping I'm well covered enough.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:12 pm

I've done a few drafts in my time and considering what number pick I was, I'm surprisingly happy with my team. It is indeed rare you get a team you are fully happy with.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:50 pm

When do free agents become available - ?
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:42 am

Told you I wouldn't abuse the auto emergency @Welshy and after we made the bet around Scott I figured he'd be as good as any horse to back this week. Wasn't sure if he'd be opposite BJ or not but if he is there is a 40/60 chance BJ has a blinder or absolute shocker trying to prove a point.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:10 pm

Just checking as I'm a bit confused by some of the scores, were we meant to only play 11 or 12 players this week in L1?
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:51 pm

Solid.bants
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:20 am

Needed fifita to outscored liddle by about 30 odd. Absolutely shat it in.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:31 pm

762 is a good score in this format, right? Beer
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:48 pm

Jele wrote:762 is a good score in this format, right? Beer
    A little. Got the brunt of it, 3rd highest league score up against it! Can’t do nothing about that, well played mate
    Sauce Reed
    Sauce Reed

Post by Sauce Reed Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:27 pm

Grant
    Ponga
    Taumaolo
    Best
    Edwards
    Morgan
    Nikora

few outs this week

Will have to cop a 0
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:04 am

Welshy wrote:

Dirty bastard! haha
    Remember this comment when @Welshy thought I'd be looping my CTR...... I member.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:37 pm

Archer wrote:
    Remember this comment when @Welshy thought I'd be looping my CTR...... I member.

Use the dirty tactics against the dirty boys!
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:13 pm

Welshy wrote:

Use the dirty tactics against the dirty boys!
    My hands are clean. Whatever you gotta do to justify the loop, I'll knock you off by the end anyway
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:31 pm

Who's up next to get an absolute bath at the hands of Big Jim.

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:08 am