NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL fantasy 2022 - Part 48 - Would the real bye planners please stand up? Please stand up?

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL fantasy 2022 - Part 48 - Would the real bye planners please stand up? Please stand up? - Page 19 Empty Re: NRL fantasy 2022 - Part 48 - Would the real bye planners please stand up? Please stand up?

Post by wolfking Wed May 25, 2022 12:49 pm

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2022-every-offcontract-player-transfer-news-signings-cameron-munster-storm-angus-crichton-roosters-rumours/news-story/0fb7f7e3636d6e0aaf1da021075d96ab

Roosters crap crisis lol.

Edit: Bah, they fixed it.

Last edited by wolfking on Wed May 25, 2022 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL fantasy 2022 - Part 48 - Would the real bye planners please stand up? Please stand up? - Page 19 Empty Re: NRL fantasy 2022 - Part 48 - Would the real bye planners please stand up? Please stand up?

Post by my tv broke Wed May 25, 2022 12:52 pm

robelgordo wrote:

FWIW, they asked this on the one episode of 100% Footy I've ever seen.

Paul Gallen said he asked Abdo and he said the Dolphins would definitely play Magic Round, and otherwise it was "luck of the draw". Which the whole panel called BS on, because as if the Broncos, Titans, Cowboys, any of the Sydney teams with big fanbases in Brisbane (Rabbitohs, Dragons come to mind), or any of the good teams (Storm, Panthers, Roosters)

Funnily enough, I reckon Warriors are safe too. Enough Kiwis in Qld to come along, surely

My guess is it'll be one of Raiders, Knights, Sea Eagles, Sharks.

I think it would be silly to make it luck of the draw. Its a business and the event exists to make money. Team that misses out could be compensated fairly in some other way. It sucks but it is what it is, afterall it is just a bunch of football games.

mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed May 25, 2022 1:08 pm

On whether or not to hold Lolo, the thing is, if I hold him, he's going to drop so much cash that you'd want him to be a keeper, because there won't be much point trading him.

With Tohu coming in either this week or next, that'd mean I'd run home with (in an ideal world, pending injuries etc)

Haas McInness Lolo
    Crichton _____

Tohu bench to cover MID/EDG

Would you be happy running home with that? Just not sure Lolo's a keeper this year so maybe better off selling regardless of R13 if he's going to bleed more cash.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed May 25, 2022 1:12 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:On whether or not to hold Lolo, the thing is, if I hold him, he's going to drop so much cash that you'd want him to be a keeper, because there won't be much point trading him.

With Tohu coming in either this week or next, that'd mean I'd run home with (in an ideal world, pending injuries etc)

Haas McInness Lolo
    Crichton _____

Tohu bench to cover MID/EDG

Would you be happy running home with that? Just not sure Lolo's a keeper this year so maybe better off selling regardless of R13 if he's going to bleed more cash.

Hold this week, bank a bit of cash and seriously consider swapping him for a theoretically cheaper Tohu next week

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2022 1:15 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Hold this week, bank a bit of cash and seriously consider swapping him for a theoretically cheaper Tohu next week

This is where I'm at with Lolo at the moment.
    Cake Tiger
    Cake Tiger

Post by Cake Tiger Wed May 25, 2022 1:26 pm

Loomer wrote:

Comp gonna be farked bye every week. Someone asked good Q on discord which club misses out Magic Round next year. Dolphins would be fair but I said probably Warriors because NRL hates us

Whoever finishes last in season before should miss out.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 25, 2022 1:37 pm

If he’s not available next week then he will be gone for Tohu or in 14 for McInnes possibly
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Wed May 25, 2022 1:41 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I think it would be silly to make it luck of the draw. Its a business and the event exists to make money. Team that misses out could be compensated fairly in some other way. It sucks but it is what it is, afterall it is just a bunch of football games.

There's no way it's 'luck of the draw' - it will be the Knights or Raiders who miss out. 
    Manly, with Turbo back, will be a draw card for an entertaining game and there's the hate factor as well.
    Sharks, ditto with Hynes etc. and they have beef with a few teams for a juicy match-up.
    Queensland teams will be in it because of the location.
    Warriors, because NZ has a massive base of potential fans.
    So, we're looking at the Tigers, Doggies, Raiders or Knights.
    Knowing our luck, the Knights will be sitting at home watching the fun on TV.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed May 25, 2022 1:54 pm

It's not like wins are magically worth 3 points that week or anything. Broncs should miss out though if they wanted to keep things as fair as possible with every team being away, but money trumps that.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 25, 2022 1:57 pm

Is Kiraz necessary if you have Hynes, Ponga, Crichton and Lee as a terrible backup?
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed May 25, 2022 2:00 pm

Croker dislocated shoulder again. Now listed as indefinite return.

If it’s coming out again, after such a short time. Surely it’s not good signs
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed May 25, 2022 2:05 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Is Kiraz necessary if you have Hynes, Ponga, Crichton and Lee as a terrible backup?

I'm not really looking at his position, more potential cashcow that plays the bye. Could be a bust factoring in Dogs and being a winger, but all 3 of your starting WFBs probably play origin and could get rested. WFB is often a tough position to cover the next few weeks, which is why people start trading their WFB guns.
    Grouse
    Grouse

Post by Grouse Wed May 25, 2022 2:06 pm

Fortitude wrote:Croker dislocated shoulder again. Now listed as indefinite return.

Really? Fucking hell...
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Wed May 25, 2022 2:06 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Is Kiraz necessary if you have Hynes, Ponga, Crichton and Lee as a terrible backup?

I have all bar Lee and I'd rather have Kiraz than Lee
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Wed May 25, 2022 2:09 pm

Fortitude wrote:Croker dislocated shoulder again. Now listed as indefinite return.

That was extremely predictable. Surely it's time to retire?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 25, 2022 2:11 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

I'm not really looking at his position, more potential cashcow that plays the bye. Could be a bust factoring in Dogs and being a winger, but all 3 of your starting WFBs probably play origin and could get rested. WFB is often a tough position to cover the next few weeks, which is why people start trading their WFB guns.
    Oh shoot didn’t think Crichton would play origin. Hynes I thought would be 14 and not have a heavy workload.

Maybe I should trade in Kiraz and Walsh for insurance?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed May 25, 2022 2:13 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Oh shoot didn’t think Crichton would play origin. Hynes I thought would be 14 and not have a heavy workload.

Maybe I should trade in Kiraz and Walsh for insurance?

If you aren't putting a full 17 on the park anyway the positions that are missing don't really matter. Pick the best options available regardless of position
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed May 25, 2022 2:13 pm

robelgordo wrote:

FWIW, they asked this on the one episode of 100% Footy I've ever seen.

Paul Gallen said he asked Abdo and he said the Dolphins would definitely play Magic Round, and otherwise it was "luck of the draw". Which the whole panel called BS on, because as if the Broncos, Titans, Cowboys, any of the Sydney teams with big fanbases in Brisbane (Rabbitohs, Dragons come to mind), or any of the good teams (Storm, Panthers, Roosters)

Funnily enough, I reckon Warriors are safe too. Enough Kiwis in Qld to come along, surely

My guess is it'll be one of Raiders, Knights, Sea Eagles, Sharks.

Isn't magic round the annual Sea Eagles "home" game against Brisbane?
    Can't see them skipping that
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 25, 2022 2:21 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

If you aren't putting a full 17 on the park anyway the positions that are missing don't really matter. Pick the best options available regardless of position
    I was just thinking if Ponga, Hynes and Crichton aren’t available in round 14. Then at least I’ll be able to field Walsh, Kiraz and Lee as an alternative.

Then I’ll probably be short elsewhere if those 3 are out.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Wed May 25, 2022 2:22 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:To get Kiraz who should I sell?

TU: Tass
    TD: Billy Smith

Whatever way I go will probs end up being wrong lol

You should keep the guy who plays for the better team. You know which team that is, don't you? Wink

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:27 am