NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 60 - Catchy Thread Title

Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 60 - Catchy Thread Title - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 60 - Catchy Thread Title

Post by Loomer Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:49 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Yes I'm low on trades, but my reasoning is this.

Cotter (who seems like the better sell) will play at most 7 games from now on (misses 16-18, plays 19-25)

Lane will play at most 10 games (16-25).

Given that, if Lane averages 50 (about his historical average on the edge, and less than his current 5 game average), then Cotter has to average 71 in 7 games to break even with him, or 83 in 6 games if he gets rested in round 25 or isn't back in round 19 as expected.

Also, going Cotter to Lane means I don't have to trade both Koula and Tago to get Papy in, I can just trade one of them.

Sure. That's same scenario I have for selling Haas. Would like him to miss weeks game then easy sell
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 60 - Catchy Thread Title - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 60 - Catchy Thread Title

Post by Shady2K Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:49 am

WT2K wrote:Few bits from DT late mail:

No changes expected at Manly, with Daly Cherry-Evans and Jake Trbojevic to back up from Origin.

Grant Anderson remains in the team and is believed to have won the starting wing role over Dean Ieremia on merit for the time being.

While named at centre, Euan Aitken will start in the back-row for the Warriors on their return home to New Zealand. This will likely see Adam Pompey earn a reprieve as he returns at centre.

Isaiah Tass is expected to come into the side, likely starting at centre. It’s believed Taane Milne will drop out to accommodate the move. Cam Murray passed his HIA test during Origin and is expected to face the Eels, but must pass relevant protocols to receive final clearance.

Payne Haas is pushing to play despite suffering a low-grade high ankle sprain. He remains in major doubt and would be replaced in the starting side by Thomas Flegler if unavailable.

True if huge

Aitken back IN
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:52 am

Loomer wrote:

Sure. That's same scenario I have for selling Haas. Would like him to miss weeks game then easy sell

Yeah exactly. I did the same thing last year when Cleary went down - sold him straight to DCE who ended up scoring a lot more points in total (646 in 8 games compared to Cleary's 321 in 4 games)
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:52 am

DT late mail saying Aitken will start 2nd row and Pompey will come in at CTR
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:53 am

No changes expected at Manly, with Daly Cherry-Evans and Jake Trbojevic to back up from Origin.

Grant Anderson remains in the team and is believed to have won the starting wing role over Dean Ieremia on merit for the time being.

While named at centre, Euan Aitken will start in the back-row for the Warriors on their return home to New Zealand. This will likely see Adam Pompey earn a reprieve as he returns at centre.

Isaiah Tass is expected to come into the side, likely starting at centre. It’s believed Taane Milne will drop out to accommodate the move. Cam Murray passed his HIA test during Origin and is expected to face the Eels, but must pass relevant protocols to receive final clearance.

Payne Haas is pushing to play despite suffering a low-grade high ankle sprain. He remains in major doubt and would be replaced in the starting side by Thomas Flegler if unavailable.

Wtf re Aitken, seems bizarre to not just name him at second row like every other game then, have they changed their mind during the week? At least with Bird being my trade in for him I can wait and see where he ends up
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:57 am

my tv broke wrote:Thank you. Forgot he existed.

By the way. Lane will disappoint

I concur
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:57 am

Wtf why name him at centre then!

NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 60 - Catchy Thread Title - Page 14 Giphy
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:58 am

Aardvark wrote:

I concur

I am considering Barnett over Lane for 80k less and a better historical average on the edge, but Fitzgibbon could push him to the middle at any moment which has me somewhat hesitant.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:00 pm

Aitken reprieve for the Aardvarks based on the DT (faaarrrkk)
    Jack Torrance
    Jack Torrance

Post by Jack Torrance Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:02 pm

wolfking wrote:We're trading Lane in now, WTF?

I'm not sure who 'we' refers to here but I'm probably bringing him in.

I'm short at edge, need a playable r17 body, not too flash with the cash gen and not going to win it so I dont mind the risk. I also already have Hughes, Barnett etc
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:06 pm

Jack Torrance wrote:

I'm not sure who 'we' refers to here but I'm probably bringing him in.

I'm short at edge, need a playable r17 body, not too flash with the cash gen and not going to win it so I dont mind the risk. I also already have Hughes, Barnett etc

Yeah I was going to say Barnett's probably a better bet but since you already have him, I like the idea of Lane.

In my case I think I'll go Barney, and potentially go early on Tago to Papy as well, meaning I don't need to make any trades next week at all.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:06 pm

My reaction when I read late mail it's either:
    (a) my player is in doubt - my reaction - they are always wrong & they don't know what they're talking about or
    (b) my player will overcome his injury & play - my reaction - that's great news I'm so happy
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:09 pm

Shady2K wrote:

True if huge

Aitken back IN

NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 60 - Catchy Thread Title - Page 14 Giphy
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:13 pm

Locking in Peoples to Kennedy, no brainer I think.

Then it's a case of:

a) Hunt to Hughes + 376k to target some big upgrades next week (Pap, iPap etc).

b) Hunt to Grant + 221k.

Think I'm leaning towards Grant. Not totally sold on Hughes & no bad time to get a gun?
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:14 pm

Woooooooo back that truck up
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:21 pm

Head is still telling me to stick to the original plan:

Hunt, Tago, Scrit, Peoples OUT

Grant, Garner, Pap, Kennedy IN

Reverse Scrit to Pap if not playing.

Thoughts?
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:24 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

I am considering Barnett over Lane for 80k less and a better historical average on the edge, but Fitzgibbon could push him to the middle at any moment which has me somewhat hesitant.

Ponga Yeo The Mann said Fitz dropped and they not happy with his performances after return from ACL
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:25 pm

That Aitken news makes things difficult. Can we really trust it?

Last edited by wolfking on Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:27 pm

After looking at last meeting I'm keeping Tago and against Momo and Walker I'm playing him along with Scrit and May in my 17
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:28 pm

I think I'm set on my trades, pending any late Storm team changes (which could happen).

Selling Cotter and Tago to Papy and Barnett, but could hold the Tago to Papy trade off a week considering Tago's running at Momi/SWalker and Papy might not play 80, but Papy can easily rack up a score even in less than 80 mins.

Leaves me 4+4 trades, $73k bank and the following side

Cook
    Ipap, Matto, MKing
    Angus, Barnett
    Cleary, Hynes
    Burton, Averillo
    Papy, Ronnie, May

Elliott, RFM, Mam, Kiraz

Ramsey, Koula, Munster, Vailea

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 9:26 pm