NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 4 - It's go time !

Archer
    Archer

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 4 - It's go time ! - Page 20 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 4 - It's go time !

Post by Archer Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:41 am

Welshy wrote:

Miss these.

I'm more articulate these days, honest.
    Bullshit
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 4 - It's go time ! - Page 20 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 4 - It's go time !

Post by Snatchpato Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:48 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

In my opinion...

1= Talking League: Podcasts several times a week. Slick presentation and production. Some not-great thinking and reliance on "narratives" but a good listen and with genuine inside info thanks to good contacts in the game.

1= Fantasy Amateurs: Breezy and entertaining. More a fantasy "players" podcast, some useful thinking. Mark and Ryan should probably just fuck and get it over with

3   Boom and Bust. About three hours long and pretty one dimensional. Still listen but with regular skips. The podcast definition of "this could have been an email"

4   In The Bin: Kiwis on meth drunkenly swear about their fantasy teams. If that's your thing, knock yourself out.

5:  Late Mail Crew: Actively unhelpful simulation of sitting in front of the dumbest people at the ground trying to talk about rugby league

Honourable mention: OTL - the nicest men on the internet track their fantasy team. On (permanent?) hiatus.
    This is the first podcast I ever listened to about Fantasy, sad to see them go on hiatus.

Talking League and Fantasy Amateurs do an amazing job though. I really enjoy each for different reasons. I think Mark is one of the funniest blokes, and that's not just because he has a great name.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:04 am

OTL was the only fantasy podcast I’ve ever listened to. Prefer to read stuff about fantasy tbh eg read a fair chunk of the fantasy amateurs preseason stuff but never occurred to me to listen to them
    quicksand
    quicksand

Post by quicksand Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:52 am

Milchcow wrote:

Last week they started Asa Kepoa ahead of Seyfarth. And John Bateman will be in the country this week. Shawn Blore around too. I don't know what you think Seyfarth's job security is like, but I wouldn't call solid.

The 1st thing I said was "if he gets the spot".
    1st trial means nothing, everyone gets a run.
    2nd trial is usually as close as possible to the starting side.
    I heard Bateman is playing lock this year which leaves an edge spot open.

Just throwing it out there !!
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:56 am

robelgordo wrote:

If NAS carries on like he was going the back of last year, he's an intriguing option, but you need to pump the brakes a little. He averaged 51ish back end of 2022 when he was getting bigger minutes and playing wider. I don't think that rounds up to 60.

Nah 60 easy mate.
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:03 am

Gawd I'm back to Murray (C)
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:04 am

Lemmy KGB wrote:Gawd I'm back to Murray (C)

No Hynes or Cleary mate?
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:19 am

Mulvy wrote:I'm in favour of revisiting the idea of a go fund me to bring Welshy to Oz for a meet up. It was talked about briefly before covid ruined everything. Discuss.
    Shouldn't we work out how to get him off the no fly list first ?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:40 am

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 4 - It's go time ! - Page 20 Austin-powers-dr-evil

2023 NRL FANTASY LEAGUES REGISTRATION

NRL FANTASY FANATICS LATE COMERS LEAGUES

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:59 am

Lemmy KGB wrote:Gawd I'm back to Murray (C)

I think this is an interesting view I haven't seen much

Murray average comparable to Cleary and Hynes in 2022, but much cheaper thanks to a 1 in 1 min factored into his price. Also has a more favourable bye schedule than the big 2.

The main con is that I think HLF is a tricky position so probably want one of the uber guns there anyway. Whereas MID there are quite a few guns that can outperform their price.

Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:28 am

Welshy wrote:

No Hynes or Cleary mate?

Currently, yeah. I don't see the point in carrying Murray with one of those two.
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:30 am

robelgordo wrote:

I think this is an interesting view I haven't seen much

Murray average comparable to Cleary and Hynes in 2022, but much cheaper thanks to a 1 in 1 min factored into his price. Also has a more favourable bye schedule than the big 2.

The main con is that I think HLF is a tricky position so probably want one of the uber guns there anyway. Whereas MID there are quite a few guns that can outperform their price.

Feel OK with Burton, Hasting, Boyd TBH. God willing can ride Murray to round 13.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:35 am

Welshy wrote:

Will cancel the request to re-up the old fanatics drivel Laugh 3

You sound like Noel Gallagher after a night on the Vodka Redbulls and two packs of darts. Where is the singsong valleys boyo accent?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:52 am

i've put my first team draft together, plenty of changes to come Wink

HOK:
    Cheese - Safety in numbers, 46% ownership
    Kenny - Surely he can average 35+ points, right?

MID:
    Haas - Should be back to his best this season
    Tapine - Looked so good last season, hopefully he'll kick on
    Nichols - I don't care if he spends half the game under the sticks, at least he'll get plenty of defensive work to make up for it.

EDG:
    Hopgood - is Hop, is good!
    EKatoa - looking fit, let Bellamy use his magic
    Garner - playing for one of the best teams, should get over the line regularly

HLF:
    Cleary - no explanation needed
    Douiehi - is surely to fire up in this revamped Tigers outfit
    Boyd - what's not to like?

CTR:
    Alamoti - everyone is picking him right?
    Thompson - plenty of points up for grabs in the Rabbitohs attack
    Smith-Shields - should make some coin

WFB:
    Turbo - can't get past his price tag, risky but worth it
    CNK- hopefully can get back to 2020 form
    Perham - doggies should go well this season

Others:
    Miller - I just like watching him
    Russell - in for another hattrick
    Warbrick - melbourne storm cow, has potential
    Doorey - cheap edge, if he gets the start

the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:55 am

Can anyone remember what a roughly par score is for say 5000th would be in the early rounds? 850ish? Someone mentioned the Fantasy Pro site which I had a look at and was really interesting to see the top teams from last year but I think all that is behind a paywall now and the team analysis pages from Footy stats are ready for the new season rather than last year's.

I ask because was having a play with giving my team some predicted scores for round 1 and only got to 800 which seems low. Maybe I need to be more optimistic haha.

Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:17 am

Welshy wrote:

Will cancel the request to re-up the old fanatics drivel Laugh 3

Nah mate, you would have got the podcast equivalent of a BAFTA if not for that wooden co-host

It was great fun to listen to!
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:19 am

the_great_wobbler wrote:Can anyone remember what a roughly par score is for say 5000th would be in the early rounds? 850ish? Someone mentioned the Fantasy Pro site which I had a look at and was really interesting to see the top teams from last year but I think all that is behind a paywall now and the team analysis pages from Footy stats are ready for the new season rather than last year's.

I ask because was having a play with giving my team some predicted scores for round 1 and only got to 800 which seems low. Maybe I need to be more optimistic haha.

I feel like averages are a little weird. Like, it's unlikely that a player will score below their average by 30, but a player or two can easily score well above their average by 30 with a good game. I guess it might just be a case of aiming high with your predicted averages and using that as a guide if you're not already.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:24 am

my tv broke wrote:Schuster out of round 1. Hopeful for round 3. Calf strain.

Sort of related, is anyone considering DCE as a cheaper alternative to the two obvious gun halves?

Can't see any reasons for his scoring to drop off..should do everything, as usual, if not more with Foz gone again. I don't mind the bye in round 2 - as long as you don't have a complete disaster in round 1, you should be able to cover it fairly easily. Its the players with byes in round 4, 5, 6, 7 etc that i'd be more worried about.. when the failed cows start to mount up, injuries and suspensions etc

A more balanced 21 seems more important than ever this year (disclaimer have not looked at byes, still have not looked at making a squad)

EDIT i did forget he is not the GK.
    Can just see the ultimate trap playing out. 4 barrelled hooker name gets hooker, with Croker playing 6 in round 1.never seen again this season.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:35 am

the_great_wobbler wrote:Can anyone remember what a roughly par score is for say 5000th would be in the early rounds? 850ish? Someone mentioned the Fantasy Pro site which I had a look at and was really interesting to see the top teams from last year but I think all that is behind a paywall now and the team analysis pages from Footy stats are ready for the new season rather than last year's.

They are only expected scores based on historic averages. Your job is to pick those that are undervalued to significantly outscore that expectation.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:40 am

Chewie wrote:i've put my first team draft together, plenty of changes to come  Wink

HOK:
    Cheese - Safety in numbers, 46% ownership
    Kenny - Surely he can average 35+ points, right?

MID:
    Haas - Should be back to his best this season
    Tapine - Looked so good last season, hopefully he'll kick on
    Nichols - I don't care if he spends half the game under the sticks, at least he'll get plenty of defensive work to make up for it.

EDG:
    Hopgood - is Hop, is good!
    EKatoa - looking fit, let Bellamy use his magic
    Garner - playing for one of the best teams, should get over the line regularly

HLF:
    Cleary - no explanation needed
    Douiehi - is surely to fire up in this revamped Tigers outfit
    Boyd - what's not to like?

CTR:
    Alamoti - everyone is picking him right?
    Thompson - plenty of points up for grabs in the Rabbitohs attack
    Smith-Shields - should make some coin

WFB:
    Turbo - can't get past his price tag, risky but worth it
    CNK- hopefully can get back to 2020 form
    Perham - doggies should go well this season

Others:
    Miller - I just like watching him
    Russell - in for another hattrick
    Warbrick - melbourne storm cow, has potential
    Doorey - cheap edge, if he gets the start

Are you concerned about having three players on the bye in rd3?

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:24 am