NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 4 - It's go time !

mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 4 - It's go time ! - Page 21 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 4 - It's go time !

Post by mattnz Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:41 am

Milchcow wrote:

Last week they started Asa Kepoa ahead of Seyfarth. And John Bateman will be in the country this week. Shawn Blore around too. I don't know what you think Seyfarth's job security is like, but I wouldn't call solid.
    Agree on seyfarth. Could get very low minutes off the bench. I much prefer Egan butcher, if he starts round 1 at EDG, even if he later moves to the bench, he could still get 50 minutes for 50 points if Nat takes one EDG, no SST this season, JWH winding down. Then during origin will be back with either huge minutes in MID or EDG. Any time a player in that pack goes down, he seems like the ideal guy to step up and take on more minutes and responsibility
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 4 - It's go time ! - Page 21 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 4 - It's go time !

Post by Pookus McFly Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:42 am

Mulvy wrote:Hey Pookus, eat my shorts!

(L1, R1 draw confirmed)

Oooft! I’m gonna pulverise you so bad that they change the word to mulverise bounce
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:43 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

In my opinion...

1= Talking League: Podcasts several times a week. Slick presentation and production. Some not-great thinking and reliance on "narratives" but a good listen and with genuine inside info thanks to good contacts in the game.

1= Fantasy Amateurs: Breezy and entertaining. More a fantasy "players" podcast, some useful thinking. Mark and Ryan should probably just fuck and get it over with

3   Boom and Bust. About three hours long and pretty one dimensional. Still listen but with regular skips. The podcast definition of "this could have been an email"

4   In The Bin: Kiwis on meth drunkenly swear about their fantasy teams. If that's your thing, knock yourself out.

5:  Late Mail Crew: Actively unhelpful simulation of sitting in front of the dumbest people at the ground trying to talk about rugby league

Honourable mention: OTL - the nicest men on the internet track their fantasy team. On (permanent?) hiatus.

There's also the Unofficial NRL Fantasy Podcast if that's anyone's cup of tea. Dom and CK, who used to do the official NRL Fantasy Podcast, started that back up last season.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:45 am

Welshy wrote:

If i can ever find some time between work and the coaching might start them up again!

This. The explanation of a true gentleman who just loves his footy.

Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:53 am

robelgordo wrote:OTL was the only fantasy podcast I’ve ever listened to. Prefer to read stuff  about fantasy tbh eg read a fair chunk of the fantasy amateurs preseason stuff but never occurred to me to listen to them

I don't mind the Amateurs content but 2 hours per podcast???? That's two hours I could be thinking of pithy things to post on here.

I also think that most of these dudes don't know any more or less than the people on here and all that happens is you end up with a boatload of conflicting opinions (then come TLT everyone ends up with the same team....except MattNZ).

The only podcasts I listened to with any regularity were OTL (because they were both informative and seemed like nice chaps), the NRL one with Kennedy and Brock (which was good for meat and potatoes NRL logic) and of course the fabled Fanatics one.

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:03 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Are you concerned about having three players on the bye in rd3?

Not at the moment, but it is something I'll take into consideration. Garner only has a foot into my team and could easily lose his spot to someone more sexy
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:03 pm

Any sharks fans out there know if Wilton is gonna get the starting edge spot? Haven't heard much about Wade Grahams role this year??
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:05 pm

Aardvark wrote:

I don't mind the Amateurs content but 2 hours per podcast???? That's two hours I could be thinking of pithy things to post on here.

I also think that most of these dudes don't know any more or less than the people on here and all that happens is you end up with a boatload of conflicting opinions (then come TLT everyone ends up with the same team....except MattNZ).

The only podcasts I listened to with any regularity were OTL (because they were both informative and seemed like nice chaps), the NRL one with Kennedy and Brock (which was good for meat and potatoes NRL logic) and of course the fabled Fanatics one.

Oh yeah I did used to listen to Dom and Brock on TLT because it was a good way to digest team changes each week

Pods have to be under 1 hr, preferably under 45 mins, before I even consider. But 2-3 hours of someone talking about anything is a lot.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:10 pm

Lemmy KGB wrote:

Feel OK with Burton, Hasting, Boyd TBH. God willing can ride Murray to round 13.

It kinda appeals to me, straight up I think taking the Murray side vs Hynes/Cleary is a bad proposition, even with a bye for the latter. But if you can use the extra 50-80k wisely, it might work.

Gonna feel like shit if Cleary and/or Hynes has the high variance score early though.
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:21 pm

robelgordo wrote:

It kinda appeals to me, straight up I think taking the Murray side vs Hynes/Cleary is a bad proposition, even with a bye for the latter. But if you can use the extra 50-80k wisely, it might work.

Gonna feel like shit if Cleary and/or Hynes has the high variance score early though.

Yeah, that's what I feel happens (big score incoming). It basically gave me Miller over CNK (which I think is around 10 points) and an extra MID (5 total). I feel like there aren't many good options between Hoppy/Smith to the big boys.

EDIT: Teamlists probably bring more flexibility
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:34 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

Oooft! I’m gonna pulverise you so bad that they change the word to mulverise bounce

Ha ha - that is so laughable Mulvy - such false bravado from a piss ant. There is no way Pookus can Spookus
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:41 pm

Murray has a ceiling of one score in the 90's. Cleary has a ceiling of nine banners including a PB of 144. Hynes has a ceiling of two banners despite having only one season in current role.

Murray is a VC at best.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:43 pm

Ciraldo was on radio this morning with Vossy and said the following (my comments in parentheses):

* Pele possibly gets into the 17 to cover TPJ (Ciraldo seems to rate him but I wouldn't be putting him into your team just yet)

* Perham definitely going to start at FB in round 1 and Averillo staying at centre (seemed like he was going to but nice to confirm. Ciraldo said Perham's been one of their best trainers in the pre-season)

* Young blokes will feature in Round 1 (my guess is he means Alamoti and Preston in this, but nothing concrete. If Preston gets a bench spot he may be worth looking at, he looks like absolute fire in terms of PPM but would have to get enough mins obviously)

Link: https://megaphone.link/NTETP2012440990, you can skip to 2:45 in the 4th segment (the one with Ciraldo's name on it)

SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:46 pm

Is Murray worth the 100k premium over Haas or Tapine if you're not considering him as a captaincy option?
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:47 pm

Mulvy wrote:Murray has a ceiling of one score in the 90's. Cleary has a ceiling of nine banners including a PB of 144. Hynes has a ceiling of two banners despite having only one season in current role.

Murray is a VC at best.

Muz would not have benefited from 2021 Vlandysball in the way that the other two did though.

In 2022 Cleary didn't reach the ton (Three 80+ scores - 85, 85, 93), and neither did Murray (Four 80+ scores - 80, 81, 84, 94). Hynes got one ton (the 132) and an additional five 80+ scores (80, 83, 84, 89, 89).

If anything by that logic Hynes is the best one to captain, but I think he will regress a tiny bit (he will still easily be a top 2 half though)

That said, I have both Cleary and Murray and will be captaining Cleary most weeks, but I don't think the ceilings are as different as you think.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:49 pm

Bethany_B wrote:Ciraldo was on radio this morning with Vossy and said the following (my comments in parentheses):

* Pele possibly gets into the 17 to cover TPJ (Ciraldo seems to rate him but I wouldn't be putting him into your team just yet)

* Perham definitely going to start at FB in round 1 and Averillo staying at centre (seemed like he was going to but nice to confirm. Ciraldo said Perham's been one of their best trainers in the pre-season)

* Young blokes will feature in Round 1 (my guess is he means Alamoti and Preston in this, but nothing concrete. If Preston gets a bench spot he may be worth looking at, he looks like absolute fire in terms of PPM but would have to get enough mins obviously)

Link: https://megaphone.link/NTETP2012440990, you can skip to 2:45 in the 4th segment (the one with Ciraldo's name on it)

Id rather Preston over guys like Stone, Blore and maybe Moale
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:50 pm

Bethany_B wrote:Ciraldo was on radio this morning with Vossy and said the following (my comments in parentheses):

Everyone still high on Perham after shit trial performance?

Can’t make much of trials usually for established players, but kinda have to for limited sample in NRL players (has 33 average in NSW cup across 4 years which is 10pt value but can it be maintained)
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:50 pm

Honey Badger wrote:

Id rather Preston over guys like Stone, Blore and maybe Moale

Yeah same here, as someone who doesn't own any of those three guys (my only cheapie forward is Doorey atm). Preston looks like he'll be a future fantasy gun, and all he needs is one injury on the edge to get big minutes.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:51 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:Is Murray worth the 100k premium over Haas or Tapine if you're not considering him as a captaincy option?

I think he's definitely an option. Good byes. He only played less than 50 minutes twice last year. The one minute knock out game, and after origin 1. Take those out and five points unders. (I'm not saying he won't have reduced minutes over origin again, but for the first twelve rounds should be sweet, and people will be making multiple trades over origin and make the decision as whether to hold or trade at the time).
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:52 pm

Camo123 wrote:

Everyone still high on Perham after shit trial performance?

Can’t make much of trials usually for established players, but kinda have to for limited sample in NRL players (has 33 average in NSW cup across 4 years which is 10pt value but can it be maintained)

I don't have him in my team anymore, I would rather pick TMM who may not be amazing either but has good job security and a career average of 33 at 5/8, not to mention is dual position too (he is currently my 18th man but I will need to play him in at least round 2-5 due to byes)

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:46 am