NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 4 - It's go time !

manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 4 - It's go time ! - Page 34 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 4 - It's go time !

Post by manlybeaver Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:23 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Doesn't look like you have any CTR cover (don't think you can move anyone either)

Who's going to slot into HLF if you drop Cleary? TMM?

Might need to bring in talau for someone but Boyd will fill in for cleary
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 4 - It's go time ! - Page 34 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 4 - It's go time !

Post by Aardvark Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:30 pm

manlybeaver wrote:

Might need to bring in talau for someone but Boyd will fill in for cleary

Sounds good, cover is going to be pretty critical this year especially for players in your 13 with early byes.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:32 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:I’m in a draft League with some mates doing our picks tonight. I have never played draft before and don’t what I'm doing what could possibly go wrong lol?!

Played draft for years with mates and always had good placings. General tips for you mate:

- Early picks will obviously be the TOP players doing 60+. I prioritise HOK or HLF as the top tier in these positions as so far ahead of the rest e.g. Cook, Grant, Cleary, Hynes. If you're playing with (C) switched on, then this becomes even more important
    - You want a clear top performer in each position, but how easy it is to do this depends on how many people are in your league. But try and get one true gun in each spot at the minimum. You don't want to pick all three MIDs before even getting a decent player in EDG or WFB, for example
    - MID and EDG have a bit more variance. While there are clear guns like Haas or Murray, there are a lot of options that can plod along to a 50 average or high 40s that can do the job. Try and get players that are somewhat consistent but also potential for a ceiling match as that is what wins you draft match ups. For example, you could miss out on Haas in an early pick, but you can pick up a Taumalolo or Tino in a later round. These guys don't have the 'consistency' but can keep up at a decent enough level and have high ceilings
    - CTR is actually a rough position and is full of duds. Try and get a good pick in here sooner rather than later and others will be left scrambling. Similar to above, ceiling players can also do a trick. E.g. Farnworth or Ramien in later round instead of Manu or Holmes in an early round
    - WFB this year appears to be a lot harder with Teddy and Latrell the clear top guns so they wouldn't be bad to get early either. But I'd still prioritise other positions.
    - When you get to your bench, try to fill it with DPP and players with good job security
    - RFAs are just first come first serve, usually. Scooping up Grant or Haas when they debuted were huge coups - so just be ahead of everyone else and maybe go with your gut. In Grant's debut year I picked him up in my reserves before he even transferred to the Tigers.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:34 pm

@billsill @13cokeheads @Donkeyyyyyy

Please open your PMs and join your allocated leagues.
    You are at risk of losing your spots. Time is running out!
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:41 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:I’m in a draft League with some mates doing our picks tonight. I have never played draft before and don’t what im doing what could possibly go wrong lol?!

Bateman does not show up in the listings, you have to search for him

Pick the best player available for the position you need to fill, 10 points of value means nothing. Guns & Guns not Guns and Cows
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:47 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:I’m in a draft League with some mates doing our picks tonight. I have never played draft before and don’t what im doing what could possibly go wrong lol?!

If they have captains turned on, convince them that captains are stupid in draft and that they need to change that setting.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:53 pm

Mulvy wrote:

If they have captains turned on, convince them that captains are stupid in draft and that they need to change that setting.
    My mate has already convinced them turn it off. Something about trading between each other and a free agency pool too guess I’ll learn as I go lol….. not sure of the ins and outs.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:54 pm

Also, stealing from B/L here. Here is an example of how the first round might go. BUT,  there's one player who appears to never have played draft before. I'll let you decide which one.

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 4 - It's go time ! - Page 34 Whatsa10
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:56 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    My mate has already convinced them turn it off. Something about trading between each other and a free agency pool too guess I’ll learn as I go lol….. not sure of the ins and outs.

No it's because picks one and two get Cleary and Hynes and everyone else loses getting double points for a lesser captain. It's just pointless.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:01 pm

Poor guy. I managed to sneak Grant at 8 in a draft with mates
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:07 pm

Milchcow wrote:

My advice for someone who plays a bit of overall and knows how the game works, but new to draft. Try to forget their fantasy price, and whatever notions you have about 'value' . A $250k player who scores 30 is many, many times worse than an $800k player who scores 45. In the back of your head you'll be thinking what good value Alamoti is, but in draft terms he is likely going to be a poor choice.
    You know who the best players are, so just take the best player in the position you most need.

Yeah there’s some more advanced strategies but ultimately it comes down to, pick the players that will score the most points.

Pretty stoked today that the draft league I’ve been in with mates since 2009 has had a last minute resurrection. Returning with a lean and mean 9 teams only.

I’ve only won once - 2015

Players like Curtis Rona, Marty Kapow and the Carty Party remembered fondly to this day for their value compared to draft position that season. And captain Robbie 😍
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:09 pm

Krump wrote:Poor guy. I managed to sneak Grant at 8 in a draft with mates

Drafting with toddlers with good IT skills again are you mate?
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:09 pm

Shady2K wrote:Gday all, keen for the new season and shake up L3 again king

Haven't seen a lot of mention of one J Brailey. Grant and Cheese are obvious options as a clear gun and high ownership - but looking at Brailey as a possible season keeper and enabler in HOK to go bigger in other positions

Priced at 48. Few low games on return from injury last year and then a L5 average of 57.2

2021 obviously had a massive year averaging 56.9

Not sure if I'll go with him yet but at only 1.2% ownership he could be worth a look at?

I have had him as my first pick until trials. I'm a little bit concerned with Mann and Crossland. It shouldn't impact Brailey, but the Knights are in such shambles and poorly led that I wouldn't be surprised to see Mann (or Crossland too) take time off him.

In saying that I just slotted him back in my 9 position lol!
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:13 pm

mickspicks wrote:

I have had him as my first pick until trials. I'm a little bit concerned with Mann and Crossland. It shouldn't impact Brailey, but the Knights are in such shambles and poorly led that I wouldn't be surprised to see Mann (or Crossland too) take time off him.

In saying that I just slotted him back in my 9 position lol!

I think he'll play 80 safely. I do have Grant in my HOK slot atm though but definitely considering him
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:16 pm

Shady2K wrote:

I think he'll play 80 safely. I do have Grant in my HOK slot atm though but definitely considering him

If I was going for a gun/mid gun hooker to start season I’d be going with Brailey for his potential value

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:24 pm

DT:
    Manly sensation Kaeo Weekes will be named as the Sea Eagles’ super sub in the season opener but he is in no rush to make a call on future.

Weekes will take over the role vacated by Warriors recruit Dylan Walker with his pre-season form proving too hard for coach Anthony Seibold to ignore.

Cronulla are putting together the final pieces of their star-studded backline after flyer Sione Katoa agreed to a new three year deal to remain at the club.

The Sharks have been busy ensuring their backline is locked in long-term with Katoa joining Ronaldo Mulitalo (until the end of 2025) and Siosifa Talakai (end of 2026) to agree to new deals during the off-season.

The Sharks remain in talks with fullback Will Kennedy and centre Jesse Ramien after having the bizarre circumstance where their entire starting back five was off-contract at once.

Cronulla are also in discussions about extending back-rower Teig Wilton – whose deal ends at the end of this season – and are keen to lock-down Nicho Hynes long-term despite his contract not expiring until the end of next year.

Katoa has become a noted try-scorer for the Sharks having crossed 39 times in his past 48 games. He had his first taste of representative football last year after making his debut for Tonga at the World Cup.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:24 pm

Welshy wrote:

Drafting with toddlers with good IT skills again are you mate?
    Absolutely. Reminds me of NFL drafts with you lot Very Happy
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:24 pm

White Lightning wrote:i've gone with a more balanced squad to start with mainly because i have 3 panthers cleary, hosking & kenny who have a bye rd 3 so depth will be needed...currently have tmm & doorey as 18th & 19th men. i have no dragons or manly players so the rd 1 & 2 byes don't affect me.

I think the rd 3 bye and the unknown role of Soni Luke puts a line thru Kenny for me
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:35 pm

At the start of the season, I told myself not to care about any one player in my team.

Besides Cleary and Hynes, I've always had Kenny. I think he's got a good starting price even for a starting hooker with another hooker off the bench.

I never expected the lack of interest in him. I know some people have said Soni Luke is expected to get the bulk minutes and if so it's a simple trade to get him.

Also, does anyone have any insight into how Tapine might perform at lock as opposed to mid (IRB and in fantasy)?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:47 pm

Holy Moly wrote:At the start of the season, I told myself not to care about any one player in my team.

Besides Cleary and Hynes, I've always had Kenny. I think he's got a good starting price even for a starting hooker with another hooker off the bench.

I never expected the lack of interest in him. I know some people have said Soni Luke is expected to get the bulk minutes and if so it's a simple trade to get him.

Also, does anyone have any insight into how Tapine might perform at lock as opposed to mid (IRB and in fantasy)?

Similar thoughts about Kenny. Worse case he gets 50/55 minutes and scores 35 and plods himself to some 5 points value and decent early bench scoring, best case he's playing 65-80 and scoring 40-45 and 10-15 points of value

Way i'm seeing it

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:31 am