NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you

BBowler
    BBowler

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you

Post by BBowler Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:07 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Initially pencilling in Garner and Hastings to Ford and Tohu.

Garner played terrible in WCC and was pretty average in round 1. Hastings doesn't have the role

Ford was one of the best on field and has probably locked in the edge for a few weeks. Tohu worst case scenario paying for 50 points and getting 50 points, upside is 60 with a return to earlier scores

Do you have any other Warriors? I have tried to limit myself to 2 players per club for Bye reasons.

Both good pickups though, I already have Ford but was considering Tohu if Butcher was suspended.
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:09 pm

Will Tohu play 80 every week but? Surely not right?
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:11 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:I do think people are overreacting to HTF a bit. The Dolphins won't be that good/fired up every week.

Just for context, HTF also started with a 52 in round 1 last year (without a try) and followed it up with scores of 31, 23, and 9. Not sure I'd be trading him in if I didn't start with him.

I think his role at the Dolphins is stronger with them running Katoa in the halves. Wouldn’t be a WFB for me but not a bad centre option that can also cover WFB if needed..
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:12 pm

Fantasy Fantasy Selections

Everyone's teams are ready for inspection over here

Round 1 results should be up at some stage tomorrow

BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:13 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Any word on Talau or was it just cramp?

Anyone looking to sell Talau or Alamoti?

Word is it’s just cramp - was looking at one of them to turn into HTF but don’t wanna trade unnecessarily.
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:19 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:Avoiding starting work today, so here's my ratings of my players for the week (fantasy not IRL):

Cook (c) - 8/10 solid performance
    Carrigan - 8/10 as above
    Haas - 8/10 as above
    Collins - 9/10 was a gut pick and he came through with the goods. If he'd crashed over for a try off the kickoff error he'd have got a 10.
    E Butcher - 6/10 looked decent but the sinbin and likely suspension hurt
    Hopgood - 10/10 even with 7 missed tackles, he gunned it. For the price can't ask for more
    Boyd - 6/10 didn't show much outside the kick metres, which might not be there if Foran is out for a while
    Doueihi - 8/10 expected him to be reliant on individual attacking stats, and so it was. Good score can't complain
    Alamoti - 4/10 can't expect much from 230k, but he sure didn't deliver much
    HSS - 5/10 could have scored mid-high 30s if he didn't have feet for hands.
    Warbrick - 7/10 solid, can't complain
    Trbo - 6/10 showed glimpses, but it didn't convert to fantasy points. Better luck R3
    Latrell - 8/10 did nothing and scored 61. Perfect fantasy WFB outcome

Cheese - 5/10 who knows, Roosters were a rabble. Should improve
    E Katoa - 7/10 uninspiring scoring, but looks like a solid enough pick
    Trindall - 6/10 looked good first half, got unlucky with the forward pass call
    Cartwright - 10/10 base price player gets 57? take that every day of the week

Doorey - 7/10 see E Katoa
    Talau - 3/10 base price and missed BE, plus injured. nup.
    I Katoa - 3/10 horrible score, but looked like he'll probably have a few decent games.
    AKP - 1/10 only got 1 by not getting injured and not getting a negative score.

Team rating: 6.4/10 (squad) 7.1/10 (scorers)

Love the self review! Good perspective..
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:19 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:Will Tohu play 80 every week but? Surely not right?

Tevaga to return, Curran only 19 minutes and Ale 8 minutes

I think he plays 80 if required but I wouldn’t bet on it being the norm. Proceed with caution imo
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:22 pm

Shady2K wrote:

Tevaga to return, Curran only 19 minutes and Ale 8 minutes

I think he plays 80 if required but I wouldn’t bet on it being the norm. Proceed with caution imo

Yeah and Tohu is ageing, not saying he's a bad buy but he'd have to play 80 every week for me to be really interested.

I'm grabbing Carrigan for 20k more
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:24 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:Just having a look at Bird's stats at lock for the end of the 2022 season and to be fair they aren't that appealing. In the 6 games he played there he had 3 tries and 4 try assists, which I'd assume is unsustainable particularly in a team that has somehow gotten worse during the offseason.

Now not saying he's not a trade in, because who doesn't love a forward who is eligable for the centre position in fantasy but is it really that urgent of a trade in? (FWIW i've planned to get him this week for EButch)
    I am hoping it just means he isnt a rush to get in
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:33 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

Yeah and Tohu is ageing, not saying he's a bad buy but he'd have to play 80 every week for me to be really interested.

I'm grabbing Carrigan for 20k more

Yeah Carrigan safe buy

With Egan not getting suspended I don’t have lots of trade out, see what TLT brings
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:35 pm

HTF is playing in a team that is far less $hit then I thought they would be.

Explosive FB available at CTR.

Dolphins full of belief now, for $400k pretty low risk trade in a $hit position.

I'm going to bring him in.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:37 pm

Some wild ideas going around here after some scores these players won't be replicating all that often. One thing I have learned is that it's good to be slightly aggressive with the early trades but don't confuse aggression with blatant knee-jerking.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:43 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:Will Tohu play 80 every week but? Surely not right?

Maybe not 80 every week, but I think 70+ minutes is a realistic expectation most weeks.

In his last 3 seasons, filtering for injury games, he's averaged:

75.6 mins
    77.5 mins
    71.6 mins

2nd year back from ACL and should be back to somewhere near full fitness. From memory there were no major injuries that threw off the Warriors rotation and made those minutes an anomaly. Jazz is the only guy out at the moment who's return might throw things off?

But we know he has the motor for it and despite the aquisitions of Ford, Barnett, Niukore etc he's still our best forward by a mile.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:45 pm

wolfking wrote:Some wild ideas going around here after some scores these players won't be replicating all that often.  One thing I have learned is that it's good to be slightly aggressive with the early trades but don't confuse aggression with blatant knee-jerking.

This. Round 1 should be about evaluating the role, not overreacting to scores. In my team, Garner is the only one who didn't get the role I wanted so he's gone. But without any standout, must-have cows to jump on I'm not sure trading aggressively is all that beneficial.

I reckon I'll make one trade, Garner to Nicholls/Sutton/CHN/Egan (undecided, few options in that price bracket), and let everyone else have another go. The reasons I picked them in the first place are still valid, so no need to overreact.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:47 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

This. Round 1 should be about evaluating the role, not overreacting to scores. In my team, Garner is the only one who didn't get the role I wanted so he's gone. But without any standout, must-have cows to jump on I'm not sure trading aggressively is all that beneficial.

I reckon I'll make one trade, Garner to Nicholls/Sutton/CHN/Egan (undecided, few options in that price bracket), and let everyone else have another go. The reasons I picked them in the first place are still valid, so no need to overreact.

I agree, and with all the middles out for the Chooks (Lodge, Radley, JWH), it seems highly likely that Cheese will play mostly middle and not much hooker which really blunts his scoring potential. Turpin got 60 minutes at hooker in round 1 and I don't see why that wouldn't happen again with all their middle injuries.

The role I (and I assume us all) picked Cheese for is 60 mins at hooker, and it doesn't seem like he'll get that until the Chooks get their middles back.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:54 pm

Only just logged in after the Phins game.
    847 / rank 3678.
    Nice start for the Bludgers (first time for everything). I'm sure this won't last.

Issues are: Centre / WFB > the go cheap route didn't work out, not terrible, but will need some better scoring potential back there. Hammer time is on the cards.
    Methinks Perham may become the Hammer. (Or Talau, if he's injured? Or Trindall if Hynes is named)
    I really do have plenty of NPR nufties to pick from.
    Passed the eye-test, heavily involved, explosive pace and offers more than some more expensive FBs.
    E.Butcher, wait and see what happens at the judiciary (whether or not Uncle Nick's magic works for him like it does for JWH).
    If he gets a couple of weeks, he's becoming the Cart-party or Doorey.
    2 trades this week to fix up missed cows.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:56 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:Only just logged in after the Phins game.
    847 / rank 3678.
    Nice start for the Bludgers (first time for everything). I'm sure this won't last.

Issues are: Centre / WFB > the go cheap route didn't work out, not terrible, but will need some better scoring potential back there. Hammer time is on the cards.
    Methinks Perham may become the Hammer. (Or Talau, if he's injured? Or Trindall if Hynes is named)
    Passed the eye-test, heavily involved, explosive pace and offers more than some more expensive FBs.
    E.Butcher, wait and see what happens at the judiciary (whether or not Uncle Nick's magic works for him like it does for JWH).

Egan Butcher is just getting a fine, he's free to play
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:57 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:Only just logged in after the Phins game.
    847 / rank 3678.

Butcher is confirmed as a fine already

Kinda wish he does a Matterson and takes 3 weeks instead to make decision easier Laughing

My 2 regrets I missed are role based on players I had for most of preseason
    Robson - got 80 mins with Granville MID, was doing kicking as worked on preseason which could be 1-3 pts extra value with occasional KM, TA, FDO
    Ford- 80 mins including rotating into the middle was expecting 55-60
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:59 pm

GreenSchist wrote:Tapine + I.Katoa OUT
    MCK + Ilias IN

Not losing faith on Tapine but I need to free up cash for an eventual upgrade in the backs and he is excess to requirements (Hopgood, Murray, Carrigan & Haas all covering Mid).
    This trade frees up $299k, which will go a long way to boosting my overall depth.
    Fingers crossed Talau gets named tomorrow and no other injuries to my backline, as I have zero cover.

Ilias had 31 in base I think which is nice. Only 4 negative points and try save and 3 turn overs plus the attacking plays I think people overrating on 1 game unicorn score
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:01 pm

Camo123 wrote:

Robson - got 80 mins with Granville MID,

I had Robson most of last season. Granville on bench then was never an issue and still wasn't this season. Just thought he would score at his avg playing 80

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 9:25 pm