NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you

standard-issue
    standard-issue

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you

Post by standard-issue Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:08 am

Guest wrote:Downvote me all you want, if anything it proves my thoughts below.
    Go have a read through all the missing posters from this list that helped build this community
    I stumbled across this earlier and makes me sad seeing some of the missing names on here

And to be honest even when you come across these people on other forums/receive messages or see them online they tell you why they don’t post here anymore and it’s a shame

How many people actually take the time to go to the meet up and actually have a beer with other posters

It’s meant to be a community for a fantasy game to help each other and have fun, not be a hostile place full of upvotes/downvoted (even if they are pointless) and one upmanship

It’s a shame that this place is a empty shell and has changed so much over the years and so many of the old posters have gone

It all depends what you want this place to be at end of the day and some lose sight of that

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t50-not-a-thread-just-to-store-some-leagues-shizzle-from-sportal

You were an OG and a big part in making said Community, so why give up on it again so easily mate? Was just thinking how much everyone respected your opinion and your upvotes have been insane.
    User Name
    User Name

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you

Post by User Name Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:02 am

Guest wrote:Downvote me all you want, if anything it proves my thoughts below.
    Go have a read through all the missing posters from this list that helped build this community
    I stumbled across this earlier and makes me sad seeing some of the missing names on here

And to be honest even when you come across these people on other forums/receive messages or see them online they tell you why they don’t post here anymore and it’s a shame

How many people actually take the time to go to the meet up and actually have a beer with other posters

It’s meant to be a community for a fantasy game to help each other and have fun, not be a hostile place full of upvotes/downvoted (even if they are pointless) and one upmanship

It’s a shame that this place is a empty shell and has changed so much over the years and so many of the old posters have gone

It all depends what you want this place to be at end of the day and some lose sight of that

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t50-not-a-thread-just-to-store-some-leagues-shizzle-from-sportal

Hate to see you go. You and others were a bit part of me staying around Sportal/here.
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:27 am

Booze has rage quit before hasn’t he? He will be back.
    syn13
    syn13

Post by syn13 Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:22 am

The post itself was sound and I couldn’t agree more with the content, but in this situation, it’s a bit like Ellen DeGeneres deciding to become face of an anti-bullying campaign, this whole mattnz vs the forum shit is getting old and Booze has been the chief antagonist.

I get it, we all have our own opinions, and our opinions of his opinions, but (this also goes for a few other popular targets here) if you see a post you don’t agree with, it’s perfectly okay to just move on with your day, or if you think you see something you think is wrong or bad advice, then offer your own thoughts and then move on.

I find more and more as time passes that this forums idea of fun comes at the expense of others and the pile-on culture that has been growing here over unpopular, but ultimately harmless, thoughts about a silly game that 99.9 % of us will never win anything substantial from, turns me away from this place more than the aforementioned opinions ever would.
    yanjarra
    yanjarra

Post by yanjarra Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:34 am

His thought disorder was evident in the formation of his posts over the previous few weeks. A bit of time away and get the life in order should do the lad well.

887 all done

Yet again out of trades

Post by Yet again out of trades Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:41 am

For everyone planning the jump to tohu have you considered his mins will go down when jazz returns in the next couple of weeks ?
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:00 am

So I'm gonna get shat on for this but going cleary and suaali to carrigan and Harris. Played premium for cleary due to captaining him. But it seems I can captain hopgood. Carrigan and harris I saw as sub guns but look like guns and seem to be underpriced by 100k.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:04 am

manlybeaver wrote:So I'm gonna get shat on for this but going cleary and suaali to carrigan and Harris. Played premium for cleary due to captaining him. But it seems I can captain hopgood. Carrigan and harris I saw as sub guns but look like guns and seem to be underpriced by 100k.

It's a risk saying you can captain Hopgood long-term after one good score when we don't know the impact Matterson's return? Still a gun but the 80 minute games that make him a captaincy option might not be standard
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:26 am

I love the smell of napalm in the morning, smells like a forum meltdown

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you - Page 40 Giphy
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:40 am

Seemed like a bad day to say "Hey I've got shit to do, better not read every post on the forum"!

Can someone summarise what happened? Always rated Booze and low-key thought he was the most underrated fantasy player.

Fantasy-wise have we any update on EButch? My only real issue. Not overly worried about Smith at this point, want to see another couple of games from him and the Roosters.
    Daedalus
    Daedalus

Post by Daedalus Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:04 am

Snatchpato wrote:Seemed like a bad day to say "Hey I've got shit to do, better not read every post on the forum"!

Can someone summarise what happened? Always rated Booze and low-key thought he was the most underrated fantasy player.

Fantasy-wise have we any update on EButch? My only real issue. Not overly worried about Smith at this point, want to see another couple of games from him and the Roosters.

E butcher escaped with just a fine so he’s good to go
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:08 am

Who will people be playing from EMG in R4 with Roosters bye. I would be playing Doorey + Sloan/HSS/Katoa/Alamoti

Originally my plan was to sell Butcher then if he didn’t live up to hype so thinking of fast tracking it

easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:36 am

mattnz wrote:
    Before last week Shaq in 3 games off the bench had never had more than 13 minutes. Nice pick in hindsight when 2 big minute MIDs played 20 minutes between them, but no one was seriously picking him.

Bench was:
    Arrow - huge minute MID 50+ minutes
    Burgess - plays about 40 off the bench
    Shaq - 11 to 13 minutes last season

Murray - for 65+ minutes
    Tatola - averaged 46 minutes last season
    Moale - who knows when starting, maybe 30+?

It means the minutes typically for Shaq would have been what was left, around maybe 10ish like last season

It's an interesting argument and appreciate your breakdown of projected minutes.

A few observations:
    Arrow can play middle minutes, but shifting to the middle means someone plays edge. At the moment that seems like MCK or later Host.
    MCK debuted back in 2014, Host in 2016. I think we all know what to expect from these players and both are borderline first graders.

Shaq debuted last year playing 3 games for 11, 13 and 13 minutes.
    The year Payne Hass debuted he also played 3 games for 20, 7 and 9 minutes - coincidentally also a 12 min average.
    The following year he averaged 64 minutes.

I'm not suggesting for a second that Shaq is the next Payne Haas. But what I am suggesting is there is always latitude for players roles to grow. Especially when they are in their initial 50 or so games, and especially if their performance adds value to their team.

Moale is the future for Souths, but he is young.
    Shaq is 26 years old, has clearly had some life experience/ struggles, but maybe offers more instant professionalism.

I get the feeling with a lot of these kids coming through that they have the physicality to compete, but it's the mental edge and professionalism that takes a bit more work.
    You often see with older debutants that they adapt to first grade faster.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:56 am

Captain Shaq this week you reckon? Will do ET Razz

Post by Guest Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:33 am

@ Booze...i gave up the liquid variety years ago but i will not give up the forum variety so i hope you come back bro you are a true champion
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:35 am

oh man, I was just getting excited about the return of the legendary "trials and tribulations" Crying or Very sad
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:43 am

Team list Tuesday boys and girls
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:53 am

DarkKnight wrote:Booze has rage quit before hasn’t he? He will be back.

Yes he has.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:56 am

yanjarra wrote:His thought disorder was evident in the formation of his posts over the previous few weeks. A bit of time away and get the life in order should do the lad well.

887 all done

The lurker posts and makes sense.

Post more.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:01 am

just 1 trade for me i will be selling akp but only 274k available so it's between hss, sloan or bmm & i'm leaning hss esp if he's on the wing i'm not sure i can go to the dragons players until they've 1 game because sloan may just be another akp

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 9:25 pm