NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you

Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you - Page 44 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you

Post by Aardvark Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:37 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

As a non owner I'm looking to bring him in post bye

The low score first up should stall any cash gen

Great base without attacking upside I don't see why he can't average 50

This is what I was contemplating, now it would be great if he could just plod along getting good base for a couple of weeks

Edit : (Egan Butcher ref)

Last edited by Aardvark on Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you - Page 44 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you

Post by Aardvark Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:39 am

lukeayee wrote:Don't go Booze, you are going to leave me with more and more snowflakes.

My first rage was because of all the pussies that are flooding this forum.

Meowwwww

(but seriously I loved @Booze)
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:40 am

Booze for Mod
    Monty_Burns
    Monty_Burns

Post by Monty_Burns Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:43 am

mattnz wrote:I am looking at Mahoney as a serious contender for one of the best pick ups this round. Looks to be back to his best in a team that got pumped.

We were all surprised that he had a down year last season (46 average), after a stellar year the season before (63 average in games he wasn't injured) which made him a genuine HOK gun option. No chance of Origin.

If Bulldogs keep playing shit, he is going to put up a similar stat line 50 tackles, 50 run meters and was good to see him taking km off Burton, who is looking under real pressure. Gives him a base of 58 in games where they aren't playing well.

In games where they are doing well he should pick up a few attacking stats.

With the Bulldogs MID crisis, Brown isn't playing HOK, giving Reed a chance to cement 80 minutes. Was the only standout performer in a really bad Bulldogs performance. Even without the try, would have scored 63.

Only a $112k upgrade on Smith, who doesn't look to be playing an 80 minute HOK role any time soon
    with Turpin getting huge minutes off the bench and possibly playing injured (if named this week).

Hard to find quality undervalued HOK options that don't play Origin and play 2 bye rounds. Helps ease the pressure of 3 Roosters that many of us have, when we don't want to be playing our shitty emergencies in Round 4.

Im trading Burton to him this week, had him in my team most of pre season but took him out late.
    looking to correct that mistake
    Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:43 am

mrbrownstone wrote:Have hardly seen him mentioned, but turns out we all slept on the the best cheapie centre option: Brett Naden.

Started the season sub-300k, dual, and busted out a 50.

Get him in now for his inevitable 80 minute -3.

Speaking of, who is Young Tonumamamapiea filling in for? Olam? looks back round 6. Surely its just better to grab Thompson at 330 and hope he can maintain 25-30 in that bunnies side. Pair him up with HSS and hope they don't suck too much.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:44 am

easytiger wrote:

MCK debuted back in 2014, Host in 2016. I think we all know what to expect from these players and both are borderline first graders.

As a counter to this, look at Max King's stats for every year prior to 2022

Post by Guest Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:45 am

Sooooo how’s everyone’s morning been?
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:46 am

mrbrownstone wrote:Just found myself putting together a trade plan that involved getting both Cartwright and Stimson.

What could possibly go wrong there?

Need to give myself an uppercut for even considering it.

Then again....

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you - Page 44 B31d7510
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:47 am

lukeayee wrote:Don't go Booze, you are going to leave me with more and more snowflakes.

My first rage was because of all the pussies that are flooding this forum.

Can you clarify, is the snowflake the person who rage quits when he reads something he doesn't like, or the other guy?

Whilst you ponder this, I'm going to trade in Tom Starling.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:47 am

mrbrownstone wrote:Anyone have strong feelings on CHN vs Sutton as a Garner replacement?

Think I'm leaning Sutton at this stage.

CHN always looks very tempting in the right scenario, but it always feels on edge in terms of being able to be locked in.

Sutton appears more certain in current role imo. Lower ceiling but doing the job.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:48 am

Reklaw wrote:

Speaking of, who is Young Tonumamamapiea filling in for? Olam? looks back round 6. Surely its just better to grab Thompson at 330 and hope he can maintain 25-30 in that bunnies side. Pair him up with HSS and hope they don't suck too much.
    People are worried Milne will displace Thompson
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:50 am

mrbrownstone wrote:Just found myself putting together a trade plan that involved getting both Cartwright and Stimson.

What could possibly go wrong there?

Need to give myself an uppercut for even considering it.

Must be some subliminal messaging around here. I read this as:

Just found myself putting together a trade plan that involved getting both Carly Simon.

superbucks
    superbucks

Post by superbucks Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:52 am

I'm bias coz I'm keeping Smith, but would like to note:
    > he averaged 54 in 2021 with 60mins per game
    > he played 59 mins on the weekend

The issue is whether he can get back to his attacking best with a new team, which is the same problem we had a week ago.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:54 am

I thought there was a national potato shortage? I’ve got 21 in my team.

Reckon I’ll give everyone one more look. There is a reason I chose these spuds. I shouldn’t lose my nerve after the opening round.

However. Cheese is out. He looked terrible.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:55 am

Forget Smith, can you all rage trade Tedesco. He only scored 30. The issue is whether he can get back to his attacking best with a shit team, which is the same problem we had a week ago.

Funnily enough Teddys previous 5 years of round 1 scores are 29, 18, 30, 75, and 31.
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:55 am

Milchcow wrote:

Can you clarify, is the snowflake the person who rage quits when he reads something he doesn't like, or the other guy?

Whilst you ponder this, I'm going to trade in Tom Starling.

I'll take this question seriously for just one moment.

I personally like free and open discussion, where we may or may not abuse each other based on our fantasy opinions. But after we are done abusing each other we have a beer, chat fantasy and watch NRL.

In my opinion, it has been getting more and more personal on this forum over the years. For example, somebodies view on the Manly Pride jersey saga somehow makes them either more or less valuable to this forum.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I DO NOT come here for education on political matters.

I don't actually know what the blue between Matt and Booze is about, but I do know that Booze had no issues with me sharing an unpopular opinion last year. And I value that he gives me that freedom to disagree and try to get back to fantasy.

Last edited by lukeayee on Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
    superbucks
    superbucks

Post by superbucks Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:56 am

Revraiser wrote:

CHN always looks very tempting in the right scenario, but it always feels on edge in terms of being able to be locked in.

Sutton appears more certain in current role imo. Lower ceiling but doing the job.

I agree. I have both and watched CHN close on the weekend and couldn't really tell if he was into it.

Still it was hot in Townsville and that first half was all Cowboys. Encouraging score with the HIA though and is worth a look at.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:59 am

lukeayee wrote:

I'll take this question seriously for just one moment.

I personally like free and open discussion, where we may or may not abuse each other based on our fantasy opinions. But after we are done abusing each other we have a beer, chat fantasy and watch NRL.

In my opinion, it has been getting more and more personal on this forum over the years. For example, somebodies view on the Manly Pride jersey saga somehow makes them either more or less valuable to this forum.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I DO NOT come here for education on political matters.

I don't actually know what the blue between Matt and Booze is about, but I do know that Booze had no issues with me sharing an unpopular opinion last year. And I value that he gives me that freedom to disagree and try to get back to fantasy.

I share more unpopular opinions than anyone else on the forum, I am the poster child for allowing it.
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:00 pm

Is the assumption Latrell plays through this knee injury?

Really impressed with his 61 added some strength to my WFB.

He scored 61 pretty easily, wasn`t super involved so good signs if he plays.
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:01 pm

mattnz wrote:

I share more unpopular opinions than anyone else on the forum, I am the poster child for allowing it.

I wasn't talk about you. I wasn't talking about anyone specifically.

I don't know what you and Booze had going on.

And I have not and will not ever tell you to stop posting no matter how much I disagree with some of your ridiculous fantasy posts.

Keep em coming .

Current date/time is Sat Oct 19, 2024 1:31 am