NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you

lukeayee
    lukeayee

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you - Page 43 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you

Post by lukeayee Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:10 am

Don't go Booze, you are going to leave me with more and more snowflakes.

My first rage was because of all the pussies that are flooding this forum.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you - Page 43 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you

Post by mrbrownstone Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:13 am

For those playing centre roulette, thoughts on who to play out of Talau, Alamoti, and HSS this weekend?

Alamoti vs the Storm is concerning, whereas HSS (Dolphins) and Talau (Newcastle) at least have slightly more favourable matchups.

Not that it'll matter much when they all score between 13-18.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:17 am

Rotinaj wrote:

Don't know if I'm just being a nervous Warriors fan, but do we think Curran will impact Ford's minutes pretty quickly?

Ford playing on the edge as well as minutes in the middle is a good sign for his job security going forward
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:18 am

mrbrownstone wrote:For those playing centre roulette, thoughts on who to play out of Talau, Alamoti, and HSS this weekend?

Alamoti vs the Storm is concerning, whereas HSS (Dolphins) and Talau (Newcastle) at least have slightly more favourable matchups.

Not that it'll matter much when they all score between 13-18.

I'm going the Hammer & the HSS-express
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:20 am

Dttragic2016 wrote:Was this bloke who rambled on and supposedly got banned/left the OG Rabs?

If not, whatever happened to him? Think I was on sportal since around 2007 and then stumbled across the nrl fantasy section around 2011 or 2012 and the drama back in those days was epic 🤣

Nah wasn't him mate
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:21 am

Chewie wrote:

I'm going the Hammer & the HSS-express

That will be my pairing too.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:25 am

Have hardly seen him mentioned, but turns out we all slept on the the best cheapie centre option: Brett Naden.

Started the season sub-300k, dual, and busted out a 50.

Get him in now for his inevitable 80 minute -3.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:25 am

I am looking at Mahoney as a serious contender for one of the best pick ups this round. Looks to be back to his best in a team that got pumped.

We were all surprised that he had a down year last season (46 average), after a stellar year the season before (63 average in games he wasn't injured) which made him a genuine HOK gun option. No chance of Origin.

If Bulldogs keep playing shit, he is going to put up a similar stat line 50 tackles, 50 run meters and was good to see him taking km off Burton, who is looking under real pressure. Gives him a base of 58 in games where they aren't playing well.

In games where they are doing well he should pick up a few attacking stats.

With the Bulldogs MID crisis, Brown isn't playing HOK, giving Reed a chance to cement 80 minutes. Was the only standout performer in a really bad Bulldogs performance. Even without the try, would have scored 63.

Only a $112k upgrade on Smith, who doesn't look to be playing an 80 minute HOK role any time soon
    with Turpin getting huge minutes off the bench and possibly playing injured (if named this week).

Hard to find quality undervalued HOK options that don't play Origin and play 2 bye rounds. Helps ease the pressure of 3 Roosters that many of us have, when we don't want to be playing our shitty emergencies in Round 4.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:27 am

Chewie wrote:

Ford playing on the edge as well as minutes in the middle is a good sign for his job security going forward

If you were to put money on either him or Tohu giving up an 80 minute role though, who would you pick?
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:27 am

mattnz wrote:I am looking at Mahoney as a serious contender for one of the best pick ups this round. Looks to be back to his best in a team that got pumped.

We were all surprised that he had a down year last season (46 average), after a stellar year the season before (63 average in games he wasn't injured) which made him a genuine HOK gun option. No chance of Origin.

If Bulldogs keep playing shit, he is going to put up a similar stat line 50 tackles, 50 run meters and was good to see him taking km off Burton, who is looking under real pressure. Gives him a base of 58 in games where they aren't playing well.

In games where they are doing well he should pick up a few attacking stats.

With the Bulldogs MID crisis, Brown isn't playing HOK, giving Reed a chance to cement 80 minutes. Was the only standout performer in a really bad Bulldogs performance. Even without the try, would have scored 63.

Only a $112k upgrade on Smith, who doesn't look to be playing an 80 minute HOK role any time soon
    with Turpin getting huge minutes off the bench and possibly playing injured (if named this week).

Hard to find quality undervalued HOK options that don't play Origin and play 2 bye rounds. Helps ease the pressure of 3 Roosters that many of us have, when we don't want to be playing our shitty emergencies in Round 4.

While I think Smith will be a bust, which is why i didn't start with him, trading to Mahoney ain't it.

Wasted trade.

Anyone trading out Smith this week needs their head read.

Nothing about the game should have changed your thesis.
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:28 am

Guest wrote:Downvote me all you want, if anything it proves my thoughts below.
    Go have a read through all the missing posters from this list that helped build this community
    I stumbled across this earlier and makes me sad seeing some of the missing names on here

And to be honest even when you come across these people on other forums/receive messages or see them online they tell you why they don’t post here anymore and it’s a shame

How many people actually take the time to go to the meet up and actually have a beer with other posters

It’s meant to be a community for a fantasy game to help each other and have fun, not be a hostile place full of upvotes/downvoted (even if they are pointless) and one upmanship

It’s a shame that this place is a empty shell and has changed so much over the years and so many of the old posters have gone

It all depends what you want this place to be at end of the day and some lose sight of that

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t50-not-a-thread-just-to-store-some-leagues-shizzle-from-sportal
    For some reason I can’t upvote this, or any of your posts.
    Can you please sign up so I can do so.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:30 am

Has anyone mentioned it's TLT ?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:31 am

@WT Winfield gr8 work Winfield
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:31 am

lukeayee wrote:

While I think Smith will be a bust, which is why i didn't start with him, trading to Mahoney ain't it.

Wasted trade.

Anyone trading out Smith this week needs their head read.

Nothing about the game should have changed your thesis.

Turpin getting 63 minutes off the bench, Smith getting his ribs crunched. Not what we picked him for, which was huge minute HOK, with Turpin maybe stealing 5 mins at the end if gassed.
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:33 am

mattnz wrote:

Turpin getting 63 minutes off the bench, Smith getting his ribs crunched. Not what we picked him for, which was huge minute HOK, with Turpin maybe stealing 5 mins at the end if gassed.

How do you know he wasn't going to play 80 between hooker and 13?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:33 am

mattnz wrote:

Turpin came on because of the Smith HIA. After he came back on he found himself in middle forward role because he simply had to, not because Turpin was preferred at that point of the game.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:34 am

lukeayee wrote:Don't go Booze, you are going to leave me with more and more snowflakes.

My first rage was because of all the pussies that are flooding this forum.
    We prefer the term 'softcock' thank you very much
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:34 am

I dont expect the roosters to lose two starting middles to HIA every week

Last edited by my tv broke on Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:34 am

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

If it helps at all Tino is the first trade out for me too, sure he can go large again like he did the back end of last year, but yesterday was a grim fantasy performance from him - sprinting out of the line missing plenty of cheap tackles, not looking to offload whatsoever and not busting tackles. Sure he took alot of carries but if you aren't doing anything as previously stated it's not gonna end up in a good fantasy score and at his price he's bound to lose more cash. Was a dumb decision by myself to start with him regardless, I got too carried away with his end of 2022 form at prop when I could've splashed some extra cash for Haas or gone much cheaper with Carrigan. Lesson learnt!

Hit the nail on the head here. I'm in the same boat, thought the sample size was decent enough to take a crack but ah well. Will probs just grab Tohu so I dont have two Broncos gun mids.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:35 am

Just found myself putting together a trade plan that involved getting both Cartwright and Stimson.

What could possibly go wrong there?

Need to give myself an uppercut for even considering it.

Current date/time is Sat Oct 19, 2024 3:24 am