NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy

mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy - Page 10 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:09 am

Snatchpato wrote:Just as an aside for those lamenting their current rank, one of my footy boys showed me his classic team yesterday, and he's ranked 10k. He has the following players:
    - Hughes
    - RCG
    - Dearden
    - R.Smith
    - Howarth
    - Fuimaono
    - Chester

My point being, yes you had a crap start, but there's plenty of teams above you that are quite bad and got lucky to start the year. Trust the process and you'll catch up quickly.

Yep, you look through the top few teams and they are mostly casuals with lots of obvious errors.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy - Page 10 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:10 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Why not? And if he doesn't, Robson will. They're not going with 80 minutes of Cook again. 2 from 3 of Koro, Cook, Robson with Robson currently the outsider imo.

Koro voluntarily gave up his NSW spot when he signed with the Tigers
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:13 am

I'll probably trade Talau to BMM for 20 points if Carrigan's out. Lockout friendly with Broncs v Drags and Tigers playing later.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:14 am

Snatchpato wrote:Just as an aside for those lamenting their current rank, one of my footy boys showed me his classic team yesterday, and he's ranked 10k. He has the following players:
    - Hughes
    - RCG
    - Dearden
    - R.Smith
    - Howarth
    - Fuimaono
    - Chester

My point being, yes you had a crap start, but there's plenty of teams above you that are quite bad and got lucky to start the year. Trust the process and you'll catch up quickly.

The team in 11th is entirely eels and storm players. Clearly set up to be able to have a live rank of 1 at the end of the first game of the season, but surprisingly they're still right up there.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:17 am

SoylentGreen wrote:

The team in 11th is entirely eels and storm players. Clearly set up to be able to have a live rank of 1 at the end of the first game of the season, but surprisingly they're still right up there.

Hahahaha amazing love this game
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:21 am

- Hughes
    - RCG
    - Dearden
    - R.Smith
    - Howarth
    - Fuimaono
    - Chester

It’s only going into round 3 and everything is super close, so no one should be in lament mode. Anything can happen. In one of my FB groups, some coach is 55 points behind me. Im at 7424 ranking. This person is at 25627.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:22 am

One of those weeks where I have too many plans and it’ll probably go wrong

Trade 1
    TMM to Perham
    Unless Carrigan and/or Doui looks likely out, then I’ll do CNK to Perham instead for the extra body

Trade 2
    Cheese to Uto/BMM
    I think Uto makes similar cash and more points, but with BMM I have the cash for next 1-2 weeks to upgrade someone else. This is probably something I should look more closely at. Probably won’t
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:24 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

He plays 2.30

I thought Broncos played the 7.30 game on Saturday......
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:25 am

Who is everyone playing as their starting halves this week with Cleary OUT

I have Doueihi & Brooks

If Doueihi is out I will just play Boyd

Brooks was supposed to be a placeholder that was about half way to Hynes in R6 but he may end up being very very valuable in ways I had not imagined
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:26 am

I expect to be ahead of the guy currently ranked 7th, at the end of this week. He has:
    1. Price (not playing)
    2. Arthur (not playing)
    3. Russell (injured)
    4. Leniu (bye)
    5. Too (bye)
    6. Luai (bye)
    7. Edwards (bye)
    8. Luai (bye)
    9. NAS (injured)
    and Paix (bad pick for 20 point average)

So if they make 2 trades, they have 14 playing including Paix for 20 points.

Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:26 am

going CNK to Preston

Do need a WFB or C to play on field this week.

Was going Boyd to Bird but with Carrigan and Douehi with doubts if both miss Im playing 16.

Alternatively I can go Talau to Perham then fix up Boyd later if need be.

TU: Boyd to Bird
    TD: Talau to Perham
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:27 am

robelgordo wrote:One of those weeks where I have too many plans and it’ll probably go wrong

Trade 1
    TMM to Perham
    Unless Carrigan and/or Doui looks likely out, then I’ll do CNK to Perham instead for the extra body

Trade 2
    Cheese to Uto/BMM
    I think Uto makes similar cash and more points, but with BMM I have the cash for next 1-2 weeks to upgrade someone else. This is probably something I should look more closely at. Probably won’t

TMM to Perham is super sideways if not backwards. I would give it a few more weeks. I have Uto but neither Uto or BMM fill with me with confidence that they will score well. I would re think but that is just me
    Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:28 am

robelgordo wrote:One of those weeks where I have too many plans and it’ll probably go wrong

Trade 1
    TMM to Perham

Trade 2
    Cheese to Uto/BMM

Cheese to Perham?

think Cheese is the trade out but dont like the Uto or BMM pick.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:29 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:Who is everyone playing as their starting halves this week with Cleary OUT

I have Doueihi & Brooks

Brooks was supposed to be a placeholder that was about half way to Hynes in R6 but he may end up being very very valuable in ways I had not imagined

Doueihi, Trindall (IKatoa backup)
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:31 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:Who is everyone playing as their starting halves this week with Cleary OUT

I have Doueihi & Brooks

Boyd Trindall

Hopefully Boyd puts a good score out there.

Edit- Hearing a halves pairing of Boyd and Trindall probably doesn`t make you very excited as a Fantasy Fantasy owner Hahaha

Last edited by The Goat Boys on Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:35 am

Contrastinghobby wrote:Not going to lie, forget about Rabbitohs v Roosters as game of the round

It's sunday 4.05pm Kiraz vs the Tigers

@mattnz I would love to see him on a banner, it's roughly 1pt 1k profit this week for him too
    Best of luck

(Wish I could make some fun trades like this)

My trades are locked in, have a good night everyone

Good to see you posting more this year

Been some great contributions
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:39 am

I have Doueihi & Brooks

I’ve Doueihi & Boyd, Trindall sitting at 16.

17 Talau
    18 Doorey
    19 BMM

Could possibly be getting scores from players 18 and 19. Who knows?
    Johnny Cash
    Johnny Cash

Post by Johnny Cash Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:40 am

Trade 1
    TMM to Perham

Trade 2
    Cheese to Uto/BMM

Cheese to Leo Thompson? Should have a starting sopt for 5 weeks.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:47 am

Johnny Cash wrote:

Cheese to Leo Thompson? Should have a starting sopt for 5 weeks.

I was looking at Leo, just remember him disappointing last year when he started. Could be wrong. Guler is also killing it at a similar price
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:48 am

Kevin Walters has said Carrigan is "doubtful" for Saturday and "we'll give him until game day to make the decision" which ISN'T VERY FUCKING HELPFUL FOR US, IS IT KEVVY?

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:12 am