NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 26 - Return of the HosKing

Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 26 - Return of the HosKing - Page 23 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 26 - Return of the HosKing

Post by Cap'n Ranta Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:41 pm

Finch wrote:

Any other Kenny owners out there?

Yep - was hoping his floor was 30 but think that’s about the worst a game can get for him right?
    Finch
    Finch

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 26 - Return of the HosKing - Page 23 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 26 - Return of the HosKing

Post by Finch Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:46 pm

Cap'n Ranta wrote:

Yep - was hoping his floor was 30 but think that’s about the worst a game can get for him right?

The stop starting wouldn't of helped him that's for sure - Will have to see what his be is next week, can't imagine it's going to be super high, maybe 45ish?
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:52 pm

Sweet dreams punters
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:00 pm

As part of the lost files, I did actually pen a full summary last night but in a wild moment just ended up scrapping the whole post. Wasn't into the tone of it. Whilst being sympathetic to Teddy and his concussion, I had assessed that in terms of points scored / value lost / games played, he probably now ranks as the worst purchase in Fantasy I have ever made. Would never imagine I'd be saying that about Teddy.

I was also trying to wrap my head around it too. People say you don't lose anything if you don't sell, which I kind of understand. If I hold him all season (which I 100% intend to do), I'm technically not losing the 200K that he will lose by the time everyone else picks him up. But also, if someone (let's call them Craig) buys the player I have, that has lost 200K, for 200K less than I bought said player, that theoretically means that Craig now has 200K worth of value somewhere else in his team that I don't have, does it not? So whilst I have not sold Teddy for 200K less than I bought him, theoretically, by comparison, I am technically 200K worst off than Craig, am I not? Assuming that elsewhere, Craig has made similar/identical choices to me. For example, if Craig had started with Harry Grant when I started with Teddy.

Actually, rather than add tonight's summary onto this, I might leave this as a single post. There are countless more smarter minds than me on this forum, so curious to know if my thinking is correct, or if I just can't really wrap my head around this scenario properly.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:07 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:As part of the lost files, I did actually pen a full summary last night but in a wild moment just ended up scrapping the whole post. Wasn't into the tone of it. Whilst being sympathetic to Teddy and his concussion, I had assessed that in terms of points scored / value lost / games played, he probably now ranks as the worst purchase in Fantasy I have ever made. Would never imagine I'd be saying that about Teddy.

I was also trying to wrap my head around it too. People say you don't lose anything if you don't sell, which I kind of understand. If I hold him all season (which I 100% intend to do), I'm technically not losing the 200K that he will lose by the time everyone else picks him up. But also, if someone (let's call them Craig) buys the player I have, that has lost 200K, for 200K less than I bought said player, that theoretically means that Craig now has 200K worth of value somewhere else in his team that I don't have, does it not? So whilst I have not sold Teddy for 200K less than I bought him, theoretically, by comparison, I am technically 200K worst off than Craig, am I not? Assuming that elsewhere, Craig has made similar/identical choices to me. For example, if Craig had started with Harry Grant when I started with Teddy.

Actually, rather than add tonight's summary onto this, I might leave this as a single post. There are countless more smarter minds than me on this forum, so curious to know if my thinking is correct, or if I just can't really wrap my head around this scenario properly.

You have the opportunity to pick up Craig's fallen guns too though, the asshole can't get them all right! Laughing

But yes, I've also thought of the pricks that started with someone like HTF and/or Perham instead of Teddy and Trbo. If their team is the same as mine, they could pick up Hynes this week for some nuff. Or if I'd punted Teddy instead of Meaney because I had too many WFBs.

Any year I didn't start with Teddy, he's killed me and ended up ripping my team apart or getting on a week late. Couldn't predict he'd have the worst start of his career even though people will say "he always starts slow", he doesn't.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:10 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

You have the opportunity to pick up Craig's fallen guns too though, the asshole can't get them all right! Laughing

But yes, I've also thought of the pricks that started with someone like HTF and/or Perham instead of Teddy and Trbo. If their team is the same as mine, they could pick up Hynes this week for some nuff. Or if I'd punted Teddy instead of Meaney because I had too many WFBs.

Any year I didn't start with Teddy, he's killed me and ended up ripping my team apart or getting on a week late. Couldn't predict he'd have the worst start of his career even though people will say "he always starts slow", he doesn't.

Teddy is probably the only 'true' fallen gun at the moment. The others have held their value, pretty much. So, I'm with Teeth, we'll hold Teddy all year but everyone else gained 200k advantage.

I don't think I've ever started with Teddy. Always played for the 'drop in price'. Swings and round-abouts and sliding doors, if Walsh was fit for round 1, I wouldn't have started with Teddy.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:15 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Teddy is probably the only 'true' fallen gun at the moment. The others have held their value, pretty much. So, I'm with Teeth, we'll hold Teddy all year but everyone else gained 200k advantage.

I don't think I've ever started with Teddy. Always played for the 'drop in price'. Swings and round-abouts and sliding doors, if Walsh was fit for round 1, I wouldn't have started with Teddy.

Yeah true, not many fallen guns so far. Harris, Burton, JBrailey on my watchlist for price drops, but the last 2 obviously not top tier. At least Latrell's put up a couple of lows after starting hot for the same price as Teddy.

Should be more opportunities to come.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:17 pm

Krump wrote:
    You really are on lately. Took 22k posts but you’re hitting your stride.
    Maybe there’s hope for Mulvy yet.

Nah, more drivel, more gifs. Keep your expectations low.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:26 pm

Finch wrote:Maybe I'm in the minority, but I thought Murray staying on was fine

Just because you get hit in the head, it doesn't mean it's a HIA

He got up basically immediately, wasn't wobbling around, stood up straight

I saw half the game, I assume I'm talking about the same incident, and I agree, seemed fine to me. (I'm an owner but I'm generally easy to get on with)
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:28 pm

Grouse wrote:
    Got the (C)leary, Cook and Murray trifecta.

Up to rank 164.

Nice mate!
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:32 pm

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:Was it just me or was Warbrick on 27 at half time and ended on 30 at full time? Da f*ck is that all about?

#wingers

I hope he updates to 30+ over Doorey, that was my poor excuse for a loop.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:35 pm

FaringdonSwirl wrote:Can't wait to see how rabs finds a way to blame the refs this week.

That's not something anyone looks forward to.
    superbucks
    superbucks

Post by superbucks Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:36 pm

I picked up Teddy in round 3 at 707k, for Ponga. Instead of Miller (who I got last week, thankfully). Definitely a terrible result.

Traded in Cobbo and Ford this week.

Congrats (so far) to those with Murray/Cook/Grant - make up what you lost last week and some.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:37 pm

Anyway, haven't looked at tonight's scores yet, so I'll take a glance.

Just a couple of bullet points on what I scrapped last night;

Carty - don't think I was quite as down on this as others may have been? Far as I can see, as long as Lane is not back next week, the party lives on, does it not? It will for me anyway, and I don't mind dancing alone in the corner of a darkened room to Roxus' 'Midnight Love.'

And that was about it. Only really commented on Teddy and Carty with any interest. Anyway, let's have a peek at tonight's scores;

Tago - what a game.

Cleary - thank you, captain. Nice gauntlet to lay down for Hynes (though I'm sure he'll be up to it).

Yeo - ridiculously solid.

Hosking - nice. I'll take that, and how close he was to two tries. Just hope he sticks around.

L.Smith - what a game. Loved his enthusiasm. Crazy PPM.

Sorenson - cheeky little one week play in Draft with Barnett and Paulo both out this week. As I pat myself on the back I look back at myself and give myself a positive (and somewhat suggestive, if I do say so myself) smile.  NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 26 - Return of the HosKing - Page 23 Giphy

Tapine - needed a good score from him this week, but I'll take this in the contest that this was.

Turuva - just to level things up, and un-pat my back, I brought Sorenson in for this dude in my Draft team. Stacked with WFB options, I am, but maybe this should have been one I kept. Loved that first try. Good going, young man.

CHN - (37), wasn't he pretty much on that score at half time?

S. Crichton - lol, 7 with a try.

Jeez, not surprising given the nature of that game, but that is some terrible Fantasy scoring for pretty much the entire Canberra team. Thank sweet relief the only one close to a pass mark is the only one I have in my team.

Game two;

Wow @ all five of those top scorers. Especially Josh King. Is he the best cash cow of the season so far in 2023? Good night for any and all owners of those top 5.

E.Katoa - bit of a downer that he couldn't get amongst the scoring tonight. Always next week, though.

Warbrick - as mentioned above, did he really just score 3 points in the second half? Solid to get to 30, but, what could have been. Would still rather not be playing him in my 17.

And that's about it. Weird night of footy. Just couldn't get into that second match for some reason. Seemed like an engaging enough contest, but just wasn't feeling it. First one was okay, mostly just enjoying (C)leary and Hosking's Fantasy points, and even Tapine's given the nature of the duel.

Teddy thing got my weekend off to a bad start, but tonight was overall a bit better. Onto tomorrow to see what comes along...
    superbucks
    superbucks

Post by superbucks Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:40 pm

Warbrick would have scored half (or more) of his points in the one play where he pumped Johnson and scored. He made some good tackles and runs throughout the rest but nothing prolific.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:42 pm

my tv broke wrote:

All true, but if I'm being honest, I picked Teddy for the matchups. I planned to sell him in rd4 after three glorious scores. Lesson learned.

I'll probably hold, gah!!
    superbucks
    superbucks

Post by superbucks Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:44 pm

Wasn't checking the fantasy scores, but CHN not scoring much in the second half makes sense with how the Panthers opened them up - he would've missed some tackles. He's been like that most games this year, gets tired and misses tackles, and isn't doing much in attack, it's lazy-looking stuff.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:47 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

my tv broke wrote:

Yep, that was my thinking too. No other popular "gun" type players are even close to Teddy's situation.

Craig didn't really have to pick that well... all he needed to do was not pick Teddy, lol.

I'm not sure I've ever started with Teddy either as I've always jumped on his inevitable price drops too. Hadn't even considered him for a second this year either, until Hynes got injured and I started looking at alternatives. It hurts this year, but I don't discount the lesson learned for future campaigns.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:56 pm

Quite a mixed bag for my team. 538/10C. I suspect I’ll be losing a bit of ground once the round is done, hopefully not too much.

Didn’t play him, but I’m off to see how much $$ HSS is going to be losing.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:58 pm

Only other year I’ve started with Teddy was 2021 where he averaged 60+ until he got clotheslined on Anzac Day lol

Just bad luck this year with him. It is what it is

Current date/time is Sat Oct 19, 2024 1:28 am