NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 26 - Return of the HosKing

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 26 - Return of the HosKing - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 26 - Return of the HosKing

Post by my tv broke Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:10 pm

No real surprise here and not sure it was noticed last night, but in the 24hr cut, Blore is into the 17, with Toa starting at centre.
    Krump
    Krump

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 26 - Return of the HosKing - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 26 - Return of the HosKing

Post by Krump Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:12 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Very old school but I like smiths original (blue bag, crinkle cut) and I put them in the fridge for a bit before eating….could be psychological trick but swear it makes them taste saltier and crisper
    Definitely not a trick.
    If all else is equal, at hot temperatures bitter and sweet tastes should dominate salty and sour ones.
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:15 pm

Class from Melbourne Storm.

FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:31 pm

Do I loop in IKatoa over Warbrick? I think upside and downside are probably similar.

Will probably do it.
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:35 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I like Twisties best I think.

Are twisties a chip?

More of an artificial cheese flavoured extruded corn snack I would think.

Pedant.

Last edited by FaringdonSwirl on Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:37 pm

The fake Carrigan injury joke is one doing the rounds
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:40 pm

@FaringdonSwirl

I traded in Kenny over Brailey as I didn't want to take IKatoa's potential 25. This allowed me to go for Ford as my second trade.

So what does Kenny do to thank me? drops a 21. Mad

Hope that answers your question.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:42 pm

my tv broke wrote:No real surprise here and not sure it was noticed last night, but in the 24hr cut, Blore is into the 17, with Toa starting at centre.

A few handsome fellows have been updating the team news sticky thread with such info also Very Happy
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:44 pm

I'd put delicio sweet chilli relish as the top chip overall. Equally good with or without dip, though do some what suffer from poor structural integrity.

Bluebird salt and vinegar best dip chip.

Pringles original or BBQ are the best non dip chip.
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:51 pm

sajjos wrote:@FaringdonSwirl

I traded in Kenny over Brailey as I didn't want to take IKatoa's potential 25. This allowed me to go for Ford as my second trade.

So what does Kenny do to thank me? drops a 21. Mad

Hope that answers your question.

If 25 is his floor I'm definitely playing him, but range is probably 10-50 odd I'd say.
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:52 pm

FaringdonSwirl wrote:I'd put delicio sweet chilli relish as the top chip overall. Equally good with or without dip, though do some what suffer from poor structural integrity.

Bluebird salt and vinegar best dip chip.

Pringles original or BBQ are the best non dip chip.

That second sentence sent me into an epileptic fit
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:56 pm

FaringdonSwirl wrote:Do I loop in IKatoa over Warbrick? I think upside and downside are probably similar.

Will probably do it.

I'm playing Katoa over a 16, but I'd take the 33 if I had the choice.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:04 pm

Milchcow wrote:

First thing you have to do is realise the difference between a "bad" purchase (eg bringing in BMM) and an unlucky one (bringing in teddy/anyone who just got injured)

There's no lesson you can learn you can apply for next season. Don't buy players about to get injured is not a useful policy unless you know who's going down. I guess with the new concussion protocol you could avoid anyone with a history of HIAs but that rules out an awful lot of players.

Also, the biggest problem for Teddy holders isn't the dropped cash IMO, but the missed game time. 56 minutes of possible points gone last week, and then he'll be a bunch of cash sitting on the pine next week. That's a bigger issue for owners than Craig picking him up cheap in 4 weeks time. There's nobody out there that has gotten every choice correct so there are opportunities for you to get that money back over craig.

Sorry for the slow reply... just got back from the morning kids soccer sessions, but did want to mention a couple of things.

I definitely acknowledge a lot of the Teddy pick is bad luck, but I should mention that the injury was just the icing on the cake. With his scoring in the first three weeks, the damage was already well and truly done. It was a bummer this week that he did seem on track for his first good score of the season. So yeah, well and truly acknowledge the HIA was very bad luck, but I was already firmly in regret before Thursday.

My post was way too vague, but I should have mentioned the lessons I'd learned, personally - not saying this is applicable to anyone else and how they may or may not play the game. Just my personal lessons. And those lessons were not to put big money into any WFB at the start of the season, whether that be Teddy or any of them. Turbo and RTS have been prolific past mistakes too. It's just a lesson for myself, that I will finally take on board, and not ever put big money into the WFB to start the season.I'd just much rather have it tied up in reliable positions rather than any backs at all. And yes, of course Haas or Harry Grant could cop a HIA in the first few weeks and you're back at a similar situation, but I have far more faith in those positions outside of the HIAs.

As for the rest of it, I'm not really concerned about Craig's team and the swings and roundabouts we all face... Was just trying to work through the theory I've heard through the years that you don't lose money unless you sell at a big loss, and I was just trying to work through that, and see how it is not quite that black and white. Smile
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:12 pm

sajjos wrote:

its early season for Feijoa. #Avoid

Went to check out my mate's new place and their neighbour has a feijoa tree.
    They're a bit tougher to find this side of the Tasman so will definitely be making some return visits.

I will smash bags of those things at a time.

In fantasy news - might actually be able to watch a bit of the first game today. Lessgo Turbo and Miller and if I were to start a motorbike gang we'd be the Daly Deathriders.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:29 pm

I’m sure many of my reasons for starting with Teddy are the same as some of yours. Would this be the year he didn’t get off to his usual slow start? Question answered. I think about the other options I was considering(Warbrick and Miller were locked into my team). Could Drinky maintain went he did at the end of last year. For the longest time, I did have him in my team, glad I didn’t go in this direction. Turbo. Round 2 bye put me off. Walsh, not available round 1. Savage. Injured preseason. HTF. Historically mediocre at fullback. Did not see how he started playing out as it has. Sloan was never in consideration. I’m sure I had fleeting thoughts about starting with Trell, as well as Perham. Those were all the players I had, at one point, in my team, but ultimately, the deciding factor for me to start with Teddy was that the signing of Cheese was going to make the Roosters go up another level. Silly me for thinking he was going to be a 60 minute player who would do what he did at the Storm and whatnot. I haven’t been able to watch a lot of game this year, and I feel I’m just rambling now, it’s difficult to pinpoint the exact reason Ted has been his usual slow self, and I didn’t see the game Thursday, but it seems they were starting to click? Idk.

Far out. I just remembered Ponga was another one I thought of for a minute, then I recalled his concussion history and was like nope.

Thanks for reading this rambling post and enjoy the games today.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:33 pm

Camo123 wrote:Not exactly relevant but Kikau HIA at training and set to miss this week and next week (Phil Gould Twitter)

Camo123 wrote:

Did clarify it was actual injury not April fools

Absolutely, apologies if I contributed to any smoke in front of this. Kikau injury is real.

Meant more 'mates of mates' and 'blokes on discord' rumours getting around today
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:38 pm

my tv broke wrote:No real surprise here and not sure it was noticed last night, but in the 24hr cut, Blore is into the 17, with Toa starting at centre.

Big regrets dropping him for Hosking rather than HSS, centre cover be damned.
    Syzy
    Syzy

Post by Syzy Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:39 pm

A week late on it but thoughts on Hastings to SJ as a short term option to Hynes?

Might bank me 70-80k in 2 weeks if he scores well. And hopefully some decent points.
    If things change he could also be a long term option scoring as he has been.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:42 pm

Syzy wrote:A week late on it but thoughts on Hastings to SJ as a short term option to Hynes?

Might bank me 70-80k in 2 weeks if he scores well. And hopefully some decent points.
    If things change he could also be a long term option scoring as he has been.

If SJ keeps going as he is then he’s a keeper rather than a stepping stone

But I wouldn’t keep Hastings if I had him

Post by Guest Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:44 pm

Too late for Hosking's ? Might turn Welch into him or Cheese

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 5:02 pm