NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 32 - All trade in's must have a full set of teeth

Krump
    Krump

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 32 - All trade in's must have a full set of teeth - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 32 - All trade in's must have a full set of teeth

Post by Krump Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:09 pm

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:

Only way to make comp fair is have everyone playing each other home and away and playing GF at a neutral venue or rotating venue as the NFL does. Obviously, there are too many teams to do that so that can't be done. A way the NRL can attempt to even out travel time  differences between teams, is to look at giving long distance travelling teams eg Warriors/Cowboys back to back away games in the same city (Sydney or Brisbane) with a 6 or 7 day turnaround so they can have the option of staying and setting up camp over a two week window. Rather than returning flying relatively long distances home then potentially back on another plane 4 or 5 days later to the next away game.

Just some ideas.
    Players would hate that. I know when the 9ers set up camp on the east coast once a year the players cants stand it. There’s no way to make the nrl draw fails and people have to live with it.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 32 - All trade in's must have a full set of teeth - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 32 - All trade in's must have a full set of teeth

Post by my tv broke Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:09 pm

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:Need the 20th team in NZ. Surely there is a market and appetite for that there.

***Not a NZ'er

Does anyone have the money for it?

Thats basically why dolphins won the bid. Its a business end of the day
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:10 pm

Only way to make comp fair is have everyone playing each other home and away and playing GF at a neutral venue or rotating venue as the NFL does. Obviously, there are too many teams to do that so that can't be done. A way the NRL can attempt to even out travel time  differences between teams, is to look at giving long distance travelling teams eg Warriors/Cowboys back to back away games in the same city (Sydney or Brisbane) with a 6 or 7 day turnaround so they can have the option of staying and setting up camp over a two week window. Rather than returning flying relatively long distances home then potentially back on another plane 4 or 5 days later to the next away game.

Just some ideas.

This is similar to how the NBA etc handle it, though obviously more games and bigger commutes, but they'll get schedule road trips so teams can travel areas to do road games in one swing.

But then they're playing every few nights, sometimes back to back nights. I imagine a lot of players would prefer to deal with the flights than be away from home for 2-3 weeks.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:12 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Thats basically why dolphins won the bid. It’s a business end of the day
    At some point they’re going to have to start thinking about finding players. Isn’t it 40% now are kiwi and islander? They deserve representation and pathways.
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:12 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Thats basically why dolphins won the bid. Its a business end of the day

True. Then who would have the wealthiest base to set up a club?
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:12 pm

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:Need the 20th team in NZ. Surely there is a market and appetite for that there.

***Not a NZ'er

arent you forgetting 18 and 19?

As an non aussie, whats the go with Perth, why isnt that a viable spot for an NRL team?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:13 pm

Perth. But that doesn't exactly solve the travel issues.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:14 pm

Brisbane then Perth again at a guess
    Cake Tiger
    Cake Tiger

Post by Cake Tiger Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:14 pm

***Not a NZ'er

Nah, I don't think there is the interest. Concentrate on getting the existing NZ team to be less of a failzone first.

Bring back the Adelaide Rams.
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:14 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Perth. But that doesn't exactly solve the travel issues.

Solves broadcasting options and that what its about as someone just said.
    syn13
    syn13

Post by syn13 Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:14 pm

I was scared about running with no Rabbits guns to start this year, but outside of that Storm game I’ve been pretty lucky to escape with no major damage done, my rank going into freefall every time they play isn’t much fun though

Just on the Garner-Hosking news I spied a bit earlier, any ideas on when we’ll know what’s happening? have the funds to go Hosking to Hynes if he’s done his dash but Sharks are next game up
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:15 pm

Krump wrote:
    At some point they’re going to have to start thinking about finding players. Isn’t it 40% now are kiwi and islander? They deserve representation and pathways.

are most of the islander players aussie and NZ born? like does setting up a pasifika team mean more tongan, samoan and fijian grassroots development?

I am interested to know

I personally would love a PNG team in the NRL, i am aware this is very hard to make work, but the abundance of players, passion and the proximity would make it awesome,
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:15 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

arent you forgetting 18 and 19?

As an non aussie, whats the go with Perth, why isnt that a viable spot for an NRL team?

Perth is mainly a problem for TV due to timezone, which is a problem for the NRL. The sport just isnt big enough and we have always been blessed with leaders who think far too short term
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:16 pm

***Not a NZ'er

People always talk up another NZ team, but reality is

- NZ domestic system is shit
    - School system is shit (Union is everything)
    - The Warriors struggle with recruitment because they have to pay overs to get Aussies to come to NZ. And that's to come to Auckland. No Australian wants to move to fucking Christchurch.
    - Due to these factors, and others, the Warriors have struggled to sustain a competitive team. How many top NRL players have the Warriors produced in the last decade? They've made the 8 once in the last 12 years.

If you can't make a team work consistently in Auckland, which is also easily the biggest League area in the country, what hope is there for another team?

Fixing these things takes money and resources that don't exist.

The dream really was Gould. He always talked about how NZ was this untapped goldmine, then he showed up saying all the right shit about establishing pathways etc. Then he fucked off.

NYC was huge for NZ because it was a great lure to move kids from Union. But that's gone.

***am a NZer.

Last edited by Regulator on Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:16 pm

syn13 wrote:I was scared about running with no Rabbits guns to start this year, but outside of that Storm game I’ve been pretty lucky to escape with no major damage done, my rank going into freefall every time they play isn’t much fun though

Just on the Garner-Hosking news I spied a bit earlier, any ideas on when we’ll know what’s happening? have the funds to go Hosking to Hynes if he’s done his dash but Sharks are next game up

There's basically no news beyond what we already knew. Garner and Martin are in the extended squad.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:17 pm

syn13 wrote:I was scared about running with no Rabbits guns to start this year, but outside of that Storm game I’ve been pretty lucky to escape with no major damage done, my rank going into freefall every time they play isn’t much fun though

hopefully during the early game tomorrow. They’ve got the late game Saturday
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:17 pm

I believe that the Bears are very financial.
    Cake Tiger
    Cake Tiger

Post by Cake Tiger Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:18 pm

are most of the islander players aussie and NZ born? like does setting up a pasifika team mean more tongan, samoan and fijian grassroots development?

I am interested to know

I personally would love a PNG team in the NRL, i am aware this is very hard to make work, but the abundance of players, passion and the proximity would make it awesome,

Magic round in Port Moresby!

Plus, the Jupiter Icy Moons mission has been postponed. Which sounds interesting.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:18 pm

The cut to 19 should give some clues but panthers wont give away anything more then they need to
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:20 pm

I am interested to know

Rugby puts a bit of work into those areas but I think they’re are largely untapped. There’s a bunch of stories about players/coaches being over there on holidays and scouting players. Sami Radradra is one I remember.
    Rugby owns nz and the pacific so every good kid that doesn’t make the warriors junior system or move to Australia is just given to them

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:05 pm