NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 48 - Dragons when you buy your coach on Wish

mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 48 - Dragons when you buy your coach on Wish - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 48 - Dragons when you buy your coach on Wish

Post by mattnz Tue May 16, 2023 10:35 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Yeah, so Jurbo, Haas and Paulo are three of the props. Who's the other one? The Saifitis are ordinary, JDB is a plodder and would be a media disaster. I'd pick Tatola or Finucane as natural no-nonsense SoO forwards, but no doubt Freddie will think "different".

Yeo and Murray as MIDs, Matterson was also named in game 1 last year, and is playing just as well this year.

Looks like he was unavailable leading into game 2 last season, as Matto missed rounds 16,17 and 18.

Last edited by mattnz on Tue May 16, 2023 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 48 - Dragons when you buy your coach on Wish - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 48 - Dragons when you buy your coach on Wish

Post by Dttragic2016 Tue May 16, 2023 10:36 pm

Really appreciate the updates re Burbos real price and what he'd need to hit to go up in price. Also the fact that there's a round 14 bye makes him a definite wait and see - I might not even bring him in next week as I've got bird and null in my centres.

Got Hedwards and Luki as trade ins atm. Going to look a bit deeper to see if it's worth a 3rd trade.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue May 16, 2023 10:37 pm

Only just looked but think it’s 2-trade week for me

1. Hosking to someone (probs Luki). Hindsight I should’ve held Preston and sold Hosking a few weeks back, but oh well

2. Teddy out but would need to be for a WFB - ideally would wait until next week, but I don’t know if ideally exists here
    OR 
    Granville to someone
    OR
    Boyd to nearly anyone

The 2 options I don’t pick will happen R13, as well as Carrigan to Harris, with a spare 4th trade for carnage~!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue May 16, 2023 10:39 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:
    Milchcow wrote:

Just did some rough calcs, Burbo's true price is around $200k and his BE is probably around 25, maybe a touch higher.

So he'd need to score low 40s to get to $221k next week, hmmm

The BE of 25 is to make it to $221k
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue May 16, 2023 10:40 pm

robelgordo wrote:Only just looked but think it’s 2-trade week for me

1. Hosking to someone (probs Luki). Hindsight I should’ve held Preston and sold Hosking a few weeks back, but oh well

2. Teddy out but would need to be for a WFB - ideally would wait until next week, but I don’t know if ideally exists here
    OR 
    Granville to someone
    OR
    Boyd to nearly anyone

The 2 options I don’t pick will happen R13, as well as Carrigan to Harris, with a spare 4th trade for carnage~!

Granville is a hold unless you have another R13 HOK, Boyd is the best performing HOK that doesn't play Origin.

If trading either out, you will make a better, more informed decision next week than this week.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Tue May 16, 2023 10:51 pm

Every time I look to sell Preston, I see his match ups and hold... here's to another hold!
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Tue May 16, 2023 10:57 pm

Need a WFB since Manu is injured (for my H2H team), my CTR's are fine but really didn't need Manu to get hurt as this year the WFB options are fairly grim. I've currently got my eye on Drinky but his scores aren't great without tries (As most of the WFB options). Can afford anyone below Manu's price but not sure I want to fork it out for guys who may get outscored by a guy like Drinkwater.

Need some advice on who to pickup in this putrid position, already have Ted and Bula. Maybe Miller?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue May 16, 2023 10:59 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

I think there's a half-chance Tatola gets Origin? It hasn't been talked about here but seen him in a couple of pundits' teams, and if people are discussing JDB - who should be nowhere near - then Tatola would genuinely be a better real life, as opposed to fantasy, option for them. NSW pretty short on props.
    I feel like the thing that is not in favour of Tatola is he hasn’t played much footy this year.

Taking origin out of it (I don’t think Tatola makes it) would you get Tatola or Luki?
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue May 16, 2023 11:00 pm

mickspicks wrote:Every time I look to sell Preston, I see his match ups and hold... here's to another hold!

Feel similiar
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue May 16, 2023 11:06 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I feel like the thing that is not in favour of Tatola is he hasn’t played much footy this year.

Taking origin out of it (I don’t think Tatola makes it) would you get Tatola or Luki?

Luki for quicker cash gen,. But think about which position you need most, what you'd be doing with the extra bank from going Tatola, who has the better byes for you etc
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue May 16, 2023 11:10 pm

Tough decision this week. Hosking and Teddy are my potential trade-out candidates. Coming up with wait and see on most of my trade-ins though.

Harris and Hopgood to round out my MID and EDG are my ideal targets. Probably missed the boat on Luki, so could play Bird at EDG and open up some other options if Hop makes origin.

Tapine probably a good trade-in this week, but prefer Harris personally.

A HK and HLF also on the menu. Robson, Liddle or possibly Cook. Moses, DBrown or bite the bullet on SJ.. Happy to leave both decisions until next week and see how far the funds will stretch.

This HEdwards bloke though.. Will still be affordable Rd 14, but looks set for a healthy price rise this week. Might cost me a Rd 13 player though unless someone else puts their hand up for a trade-out this weekend.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Tue May 16, 2023 11:12 pm

Nsw squad?

Paulo Haas
    Murray Martin
    Yeo
    Hynes/Bird/Api/Cook Finucane Saifiti Young

Can't see JDB getting close to the 17.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue May 16, 2023 11:21 pm

mickspicks wrote:Nsw squad?

Paulo Haas
    Murray Martin
    Yeo
    Hynes/Bird/Api/Cook Finucane Saifiti Young

Can't see JDB getting close to the 17.

Paulo Cook Haas
    Martin Young/Haumole/Friz
    Yeo

Api/Hynes Jurbo Murray ?

If Martin isn't fit then Murray on the edge and another middle on the bench.

Agree JDB should be nowhere near. Bird shouldn't either.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue May 16, 2023 11:35 pm

WT Winfield wrote:Tough decision this week. Hosking and Teddy are my potential trade-out candidates. Coming up with wait and see on most of my trade-ins though.

Harris and Hopgood to round out my MID and EDG are my ideal targets. Probably missed the boat on Luki, so could play Bird at EDG and open up some other options if Hop makes origin.

Tapine probably a good trade-in this week, but prefer Harris personally.

A HK and HLF also on the menu. Robson, Liddle or possibly Cook. Moses, DBrown or bite the bullet on SJ.. Happy to leave both decisions until next week and see how far the funds will stretch.

This HEdwards bloke though.. Will still be affordable Rd 14, but looks set for a healthy price rise this week. Might cost me a Rd 13 player though unless someone else puts their hand up for a trade-out this weekend.

JMK playing better than Robson, but if I didn't have a R13 HOK already, I would be looking at Liddle.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue May 16, 2023 11:38 pm

On Teddy is it worth holding one more week or jump off now?
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Tue May 16, 2023 11:44 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:On Teddy is it worth holding one more week or jump off now?

All the WFB's are pretty shit, I have no intention of jumping off Teddy with his ceiling.

All it takes is the Roosters to find some form for him to up his fantasy scores, their attack is in shambles at the moment so it's hard for Teddy to get anything going at all
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue May 16, 2023 11:56 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

All the WFB's are pretty shit, I have no intention of jumping off Teddy with his ceiling.

All it takes is the Roosters to find some form for him to up his fantasy scores, their attack is in shambles at the moment so it's hard for Teddy to get anything going at all

What if you don't need a WFB for him? In my case I'm selling him to Billy Smith (I just like him and should have had the guts to get on last week) and have Miller, Walsh and Bula as my three WFBs plus Manu to slot back in there in R14 (and planning to trade Miller to Edwards in R14)

Realistically, the top 2 WFBs this year are Edwards and Latrell and there's daylight after them (unless Papenhuyzen comes back and gets back to his best)
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed May 17, 2023 12:10 am

Bethany_B wrote:

What if you don't need a WFB for him? In my case I'm selling him to Billy Smith (I just like him and should have had the guts to get on last week) and have Miller, Walsh and Bula as my three WFBs plus Manu to slot back in there in R14 (and planning to trade Miller to Edwards in R14)

Realistically, the top 2 WFBs this year are Edwards and Latrell and there's daylight after them (unless Papenhuyzen comes back and gets back to his best)

Marzhew! #pods
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed May 17, 2023 12:10 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Manu at least as good as WFB as the other 2.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed May 17, 2023 12:12 am

mattnz wrote:

Granville is a hold unless you have another R13 HOK, Boyd is the best performing HOK that doesn't play Origin.

If trading either out, you will make a better, more informed decision next week than this week.

Granville has pretty much peaked?

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:07 am