NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 58 - I can’t see Cleary through the tears

syn13
    syn13

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 58 - I can’t see Cleary through the tears  - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 58 - I can’t see Cleary through the tears

Post by syn13 Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:57 am

Camo123 wrote:

In saying that if Fainu isn’t used as a cash cow, potentially the vampire’s worst enemy (Garlick) might be better for the one game score playing HOK with no Grant and safer JS for 20 points

Never even considered this option and now I think I might prefer it? Getting near time to cash out to get those last few guns, there are a lot worse players I could play next week and then sit at 21 for the rest of the year.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 58 - I can’t see Cleary through the tears  - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 58 - I can’t see Cleary through the tears

Post by Mulvy Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:12 am

syn13 wrote:

Never even considered this option and now I think I might prefer it? Getting near time to cash out to get those last few guns, there are a lot worse players I could play next week and then sit at 21 for the rest of the year.

Hodgson, Hands, Talau, Coates are other cash outs with decent JS depending on which position you prefer. Garlick has the fabled mid position dpp though indeed.
    syn13
    syn13

Post by syn13 Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:16 am

Mulvy wrote:

Hodgson, Hands, Talau, Coates are other cash outs with decent JS depending on which position you prefer. Garlick has the fabled mid position dpp though indeed.

Yeh that’s the appeal for me, that 3rd MID next to Hoppy and (hopefully) Matto is a tricky spot to fill

Post by Guest Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:05 am

Wonder what's the hold up with the Nrl acting on the Brown matter.

Disregard. They'll be waiting to see what happens in court today.

Last edited by Khany on Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:20 am

People with Cleary but no Hynes (or Haas) - who are you going to captain this week?

I'm in that boat and no clear standout. Might go Hopgood. Not sure I trust SJ against Croker's 300th
    Horse, Bateman. Cook looks like he'll be good for maybe low 50s but not much more.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:21 am

Latest thinking is Cleary, Fifita, Luki to Moses, Ipap, Dedwards. 379k itb. 7 trades. Risky trading in Moses, but I just don't see him playing origin. I don't know, I've probably got enough trades to deal with it?? I'll need a mid next week. I'd get Matto, but we'll see what happens next week I suppose. It means passing on Fainu though, who I won't want next week, and then if no Matto, will have to figure it out, but that's future Mulvy's problem.
    Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:22 am

Milchcow wrote:
    People with Cleary but no Hynes (or Haas)  - who are you going to captain this week?

I'm in that boat and no clear standout. Might go Hopgood. Not sure I trust SJ against Croker's 300th
    Horse, Bateman. Cook looks like he'll be good for maybe low 50s but not much more.

Assume you dont have him but Yeo.

3rd best average and was 7 point better without Cleary last year.

Im going Cleary to Yeo
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:27 am

Milchcow wrote:
    People with Cleary but no Hynes (or Haas)  - who are you going to captain this week?

Out of those, I like Hopgood. I still have Haas, so will decide between Haas and Hopgood I think.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:48 am

I’m getting iffy vibes on Fainu especially for the fact Tuilagi could be back next week or the week after. It’d be an another wasted trade. People focussed on round 16 too much I think rather than bigger picture.

I have Robson, Boyd, Liddle so enough hookers but I might go Burbo to Turpin and add a 4th hooker lol. If Turpin avg 40 the next 3 weeks he makes 100k. Or Cogger is another option.

If I do not get Fainu I only have Hopgood as my only round 16 mid but could consider AJ to Adam Elliot next week.
    Bazoots

Post by Bazoots Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:43 am

Im leaning towards the hold Cleary camp. I have 20 playing this week and realistically the only position I would look at using Cleary is WFBs. Having to play Talau is not great but not sure there is anyone I really want. Although I do have 11 trades left so I could have a go
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:01 am

Chewie wrote:On another topic... Ange getting the Tottenham job is pretty big for Australian football

Not sure who downvoted? Salty non-football fans, salty Arsenal fans or salty Celtic fans?

Or maybe salty Spurs fans? 🤔
    Robertneville
    Robertneville

Post by Robertneville Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:44 am

Chewie wrote:On another topic... Ange getting the Tottenham job is pretty big for Australian football

Jele wrote:

Not sure who downvoted? Salty non-football fans, salty Arsenal fans or salty Celtic fans?

Or maybe salty Spurs fans? 🤔

Considering the amount of times English teams consistently just give head coaching roles to famous ex players with barely any experience it's good to see Spurs giving an experienced coach in Ange a chance at the top.

Hopefully the Spurs board/fans give Ange time to get the players to buy into his system (unlikely given the revolving door Tottenham gave had for head coach the last few years).

There won't be immediate success (especially with Kane likely leaving) but given the time Ange could get Spurs playing some really entertaining football.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:06 am

wolfking wrote:

So, Moses has to banner before half time to get an Origin gig?

Filter will be watching
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:17 am

Milchcow wrote:

Think I'd be trusting Cook from that lot. Probably most likely to get to 50 and has shown ability to get a banner if he brings his running boots
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:24 am

With 14 trades before doing anything this week I really feel like taking a punt on Cogger for the next month. Hoping he goes well enough and then disappears when Cleary returns
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:29 am

syn13 wrote:

Just looking at the contract list, there could be also

Wishart/Jayden Nikorima (one will have to be 5/8 for Munster as Pezet injured until R17) and Faalogo possibly FB with Meaney 5/8 (seems unlikely)

Think Garlick would still get the high min HOK in the bye

Last edited by Camo123 on Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:44 am

Just realised whoever I bring in unless it’s a big upgrade won’t be in my 17 this week so probably should either wait till next week and take Perhams price drop or go to Fainu or Round 16 cheapie early
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:55 am

The scores Garlick puts up with minimal minutes is impressive. 

Might try and find a cheap gun/subgun to upgrade Perham too and just use Garlick as that cheap punt next week
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:52 am

Life has been insanely busy (early assessments coming in the term) but will taper off in the coming weeks, I miss posting terrible takes and clogging up the thread while games are on.

My thoughts for this week:

- Gut instinct is to hold Cleary this week and reassess next week. Don't want to risk trading to Moses only for him to not play next week. SJ could be the answer (but no round 16), I must be one of the only people not to own him.
    - Greig being "injured" and sat out doesn't feel like a coincidence given they have just gotten RCG and Davey back for their forward pack. It really feels to me like Arthur has recognised he's a young forward who has played a lot of minutes in the last few weeks and could use a second week off. Unless something concrete about his "injury" comes out in the next few days, I will fully expect him back in round 16.
    - My 2c on who will be the blues origin halves is that Freddy will go with Reynolds and Walker with Latrell at left centre because he loves connections so much. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see Hynes at either 14, or left right out of game 2. I personally would have Burton on the bench as he legitimately covers the backline, plus can do a job in the halves. We have an abundance of fullbacks in our team so we don't exactly need our 14 to cover fullback.
    - Hosking is going to stick around for me I think. Trades are at a premium, and despite the non-80 minute role, he still usually scores well, just a down week I suspect and I don't want to overreact. No Cleary on his edge worries me though, attacking stats could dry up, will wait and see I think.
    - Bateman is likely coming in for me this week. I already have iPap, but personally not many other Bulldogs/Sharks so I can afford 3 Tigers I think. Rather than choose between the Tigers backrowers: Porque no los dos?
    - For those with Boyd I think it's a tough decision. I traded him last week to Cook, and am now somewhat regretting not having him to cover Cleary. Will likely have to either play Oloapu as one of my halves, or make a premature trade to Moses/SJ and cop the negatives associated with each. I think Boyd is definitely a hold this week, reassess in round 16 during his bye.
    - Not sure Fainu is worth it, but will be if Tuilagi doesn't come back on the edge. I honestly haven't seen him play, for those who have, does he genuinely pass the eye test? Who does he remind you of?
    - Stone may not (pardon the pun) lock down the lock role long-term, but at least you know barring injury he'll always be in the 17. Bennett loves him, and he's a tackle-bot who with decent minutes can be in your 17. Good safety trade in (no round 16 though).
    - How good is Bula though!?
    - With Gilbert injured, I think they bring in Horse. I like what Jimmy said about Hopgood already being in the QLD team (Cotter), so I suspect they'll give Horse his shot. It would be good for our fantasy sides (those of us with Hopgood anyway).
    - Bird being out for holders sucks, I don't see him playing. NRLPhysio was very bearish on his likelihood of playing in the next few weeks. He recommended him as a strong sell, and I'll follow the GOATs advice for now.
    - This one only really affects me, but Garrick at centre is pretty boo-urns.

Probably missed a bunch of talking points, but will chime in over the course of the week.

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 58 - I can’t see Cleary through the tears  - Page 28 Giphy
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:23 am

Good post Snatch. Fainu looked... young . Caught out of position once or twice, mostly enthusiasm in defence. Ran a good line, but not a lot of confidence. Felt like Eutcher the year before last

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:55 pm