NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 58 - I can’t see Cleary through the tears

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 58 - I can’t see Cleary through the tears  - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 58 - I can’t see Cleary through the tears

Post by Guest Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:23 am

Can afford any mid up to 700k, hard to ignore Stone Cold Ray.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 58 - I can’t see Cleary through the tears  - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 58 - I can’t see Cleary through the tears

Post by Milchcow Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:29 am

Jele wrote:
    Chewie wrote:On another topic... Ange getting the Tottenham job is pretty big for Australian football

Not sure who downvoted? Salty non-football fans, salty Arsenal fans or salty Celtic fans?

Or maybe salty Spurs fans? 🤔

From the online reaction I've seen, Ange leaving Celtic for Tottenham has upset both Celtic and Spurs fans
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:32 am

Milchcow wrote:

From the online reaction I've seen, Ange leaving Celtic for Tottenham has upset both Celtic and Spurs fans
    When you have the opportunity to get Poch back or grab Nagelsman as your next coach anything else feels a bit meh if your a Spurs fan
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:50 am

L-Jimmy wrote:Good post Snatch. Fainu looked... young . Caught out of position once or twice, mostly enthusiasm in defence. Ran a good line, but not a lot of confidence. Felt like Eutcher the year before last
    Thanks mate. I'm worried about bringing him in because he could easily be another Couchman or Peoples. On the other hand, he could stick around like Preston and cement 300k price rise.

Upside probably worth the downside?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:01 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    When you have the opportunity to get Poch back or grab Nagelsman as your next coach anything else feels a bit meh if your a Spurs fan

No Spurs fan I know (and I know a fair few) wanted Poch back. They did want Nagelsman, or Luis Enrique. Safe to say they didn't really want Ange.

Jesse Marsch has shown how a guy from a place that doesn't "get" football but who had success with the richest club in a third-tier league goes when he gets the keys to a club in a big-time league. Although Jesse Marsch is a total fucking idiot and I don't think Ange is.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:05 am

Snatchpato wrote:
    Thanks mate. I'm worried about bringing him in because he could easily be another Couchman or Peoples. On the other hand, he could stick around like Preston and cement 300k price rise.

I bought him a couple of weeks back. Hard to say if I'd do it now - Tuilagi looms and they paid good coin for him.

But if treated as a cashout then a good call.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:06 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

No Spurs fan I know (and I know a fair few) wanted Poch back. They did want Nagelsman, or Luis Enrique. Safe to say they didn't really want Ange.

Jesse Marsch has shown how a guy from a place that doesn't "get" football but who had success with the richest club in a third-tier league goes when he gets the keys to a club in a big-time league. Although Jesse Marsch is a total fucking idiot and I don't think Ange is.
    It’s a bit of a mid table coach, mid table team appointment. Which in the grand scheme of football isn’t the worst place the world
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:09 am

I really don't think Moses is going to be playing Origin in all honesty
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:12 am

Snatchpato wrote:

Depends how you look at it

Think at this time of year a cash out is fine, doesn’t need to make you the magic 150k (but he still could)
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:21 am

Fainu keeping the edge spot would have to be an extremely outside chance of happening. Even Burbo was preferred over him.

IMO just a question around how long til Tuilagi actually comes back. Could be two weeks, or could get delayed.

High risk play. I'm not sure I want to be bringing in anyone yet just as a cash out.
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:21 am

Finch wrote:I really don't think Moses is going to be playing Origin in all honesty

I agree, seems extremely unlikely to me.

75% odds its luai
    15% its Arey
    5% its Cwalker
    5% its Moses

and 80% chance I'm wrong.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:22 am

Finch wrote:I really don't think Moses is going to be playing Origin in all honesty

Drawing a long bow to predict what Freddie is thinking
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:24 am

my tv broke wrote:Fainu keeping the edge spot would have to be an extremely outside chance of happening. Even Burbo was preferred over him.

IMO just a question around how long til Tuilagi actually comes back. Could be two weeks, or could get delayed.

High risk play. I'm not sure I want to be bringing in anyone yet just as a cash out.

Cogger makes more sense as a pure cash cow, Fainu makes more sense as someone you can play the next two rounds (Cogger being redundant in R16 if you have two halves already).
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:24 am

lukeayee wrote:

I agree, seems extremely unlikely to me.

75% odds its luai
    15% its Arey
    5% its Cwalker
    5% its Moses

and 80% chance I'm wrong.

Luai/Hynes seems the most logical choice, however I do feel they are both "runners" rather than kickers, which is why I could see Reynolds being there especially because it's at Suncorp

It's either Hynes & Reynolds or Luai & Hynes imo
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:27 am

Finch wrote:

Luai/Hynes seems the most logical choice, however I do feel they are both "runners" rather than kickers, which is why I could see Reynolds being there especially because it's at Suncorp

It's either Hynes & Reynolds or Luai & Hynes imo

Ahhh it could also be Burton. Actually I think Burton is more likely then both Arey, Cwalker and Moses.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:30 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Cogger makes more sense as a pure cash cow, Fainu makes more sense as someone you can play the next two rounds (Cogger being redundant in R16 if you have two halves already).
    Getting Cogger means possibly missing Moses since I’ll have Cogger/Oloapu.

Probably need to make sure MID and HLF is as gun as possible since I’m running Robson/Loiero/Preston in HOK/EDG which isn’t bad but not amazing
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:30 am

lukeayee wrote:

Ahhh it could also be Burton. Actually I think Burton is more likely then both Arey, Cwalker and Moses.

I think Burton should be 14. If you're running both Latrell and Turbo under injury clouds, you need someone who can play centre on the bench, otherwise *points at last ten minutes of Game One*
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:31 am

my tv broke wrote:Fainu keeping the edge spot would have to be an extremely outside chance of happening. Even Burbo was preferred over him.

I feel the same, Fainu is too high risk, and I can't afford a dead position in my squad
    I think a stronger EMG bench at this stage in the season is going to be beneficial, I've already had a few weeks with 3 or 4 players out due to injury/bye forcing me to play the likes of Granville, HEdwards, and IKatoa in my 17 and I can't see that changing until after round 20
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:37 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

I think Burton should be 14. If you're running both Latrell and Turbo under injury clouds, you need someone who can play centre on the bench, otherwise *points at last ten minutes of Game One*

True, but Burton is already a proven origin player (Cwalker, moses and Arey sucked in previous appearances). Great defensively as well.

But lets be realistic, Luai unlikely to be dropped even though he probably should be.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:42 am

Chewie wrote:On another topic... Ange getting the Tottenham job is pretty big for Australian football

Jele wrote:

Not sure who downvoted? Salty non-football fans, salty Arsenal fans or salty Celtic fans?

Or maybe salty Spurs fans? 🤔

Salty Arsenal fan here (but absolutely didn't downvote) so while I am happy that we finally have an Aus manager in one of the big leagues I'm disappointed I have to death ride him Very Happy

It's a massive achievement for a singular personality. Was a Brisbane Roar season ticket holder when he was here and the football was lovely to watch.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:56 am