NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 58 - I can’t see Cleary through the tears

Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 58 - I can’t see Cleary through the tears  - Page 33 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 58 - I can’t see Cleary through the tears

Post by Mulvy Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:17 pm

Latest thoughts are Holding Fifita and hoping he backs up from origin. Selling him doesn't really improve my team, I can field a decent team and still hold him. Looking at going Cleary to Moses and Luki to Ipap. Hoping to go Ford to Matto next week which will give me the three rd16 mids without having to risk Fainu. Holding Fifita also saves a trade which might be needed if Moses gets called up (I think the risk is low though so I'm getting this week).

Cook
    Haas Harris Horse
    Ipap Hosking
    Moses SJ
    Null Manu
    Ted Ponga Bula

Hopgood Ford Hedwards Drinkwater (loop)
    Niko/Crossland Koula Fifita

8 trades 220k
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 58 - I can’t see Cleary through the tears  - Page 33 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 58 - I can’t see Cleary through the tears

Post by Camo123 Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:22 pm

wolfking wrote:

We were discussing in our chat, it's basically getting the three MID's for next week.  Outside of Hopgood and Matto (if he returns), it's slim pickings and if you don't go Fainu, you're going for a mid tier option (Elliot, Sip, JFH) and hoping they produce something.  Fainu was hopefully filling that second spot and then Matto hopefully could fill that third spot next week.  If you go Fainu and Matto doesn't retun next week, then it's picking the best option from those mid range guys.

Elliot though has the pedigree and a juicy price to take a punt if Fainu is too trappy.

I was mentioning yesterday though if Fainu is a cashout for you and you’re not selling with the cash gains you’re probably better off with Garlick as a cashout MID playing high min HOK without Grant in 16 and as a handcuff for Grant who’s played every game this year
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:24 pm

Mulvy wrote:Latest thoughts are Holding Fifita and hoping he backs up from origin. Selling him doesn't really improve my team, I can field a decent team and still hold him. Looking at going Cleary to Moses and Luki to Ipap. Hoping to go Ford to Matto next week which will give me the three rd16 mids without having to risk Fainu. Holding Fifita also saves a trade which might be needed if Moses gets called up (I think the risk is low though so I'm getting this week).

Cook
    Haas Harris Horse
    Ipap Hosking
    Moses SJ
    Null Manu
    Ted Ponga Bula

8 trades 220k

100% I'd be holding Fifita in your situation
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:28 pm

Really want to get Fainu as currently sitting with 0 mids for next week, however the only player ready to trade to him really is Nikorima and he’s scoring well.

Niko is definitely an out next week, but would it be a bit silly to make that call early? Thoughts are the price rise difference between them is offset by the risk Fainu doesn’t even make next week, and if he does, jumping on a bit late isn’t a worry as he’s not been bought as a pure cash cow? Hmm…
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:34 pm

mintotheimmortal wrote:How do we all feel about Hopgood and his future minute outlook. With RCG back and Matto back shortly do we think this could impact his minutes enough to cause hesitation in bringing him in?

I think there’s enough to say he isn’t a full season keeper when at full strength pack (+ final round bye when you may have run out of trades) but Hopgood/Matterson are the only good MIDs for R16

So short answer, I don’t know
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:36 pm

Camo123 wrote:

I think there’s enough to say he isn’t a full season keeper when at full strength pack (+ final round bye when you may have run out of trades) but Hopgood/Matterson are the only good MIDs for R16

So short answer, I don’t know

I think he is a keeper for now, but I've earmarked one of the 8 trades that we get in R20 for his use, to be sold in either his bye round of R27 or earlier if his minutes drop back down.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:40 pm

Camo123 wrote:

I was mentioning yesterday though if Fainu is a cashout for you and you’re not selling with the cash gains you’re probably better off with Garlick as a cashout MID playing high min HOK without Grant in 16 and as a handcuff for Grant who’s played every game this year

Do they have any other hookers? Garlick doesn’t seem nailed on to be a big minute guy
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:42 pm

Camo123 wrote:

Agree but problem is with my outs, I'll need someone playable.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:42 pm

Shady2K wrote:

Do they have any other hookers? Garlick doesn’t seem nailed on to be a big minute guy

Wishart CAN technically play hooker but he fucking sucks, and it's no surprise that he hasn't been on the bench for a while. I would think Garlick is the first choice backup for Grant.

We don't have anyone else that I know of.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:44 pm

wolfking wrote:

Agree but problem is with my outs, I'll need someone playable.

Bethany_B wrote:

Wishart CAN technically play hooker but he fucking sucks, and it's no surprise that he hasn't been on the bench for a while. I would think Garlick is the first choice backup for Grant.

We don't have anyone else that I know of.

Eh, dunno hey.

I need a player to have 17. So just for me Cleary has to be out, and Fainu makes the most sense

Hope he plays 15 and 16, then the rest doesn’t really matter

Panic!!
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:45 pm

mintotheimmortal wrote:

100% I'd be holding Fifita in your situation

Cheers mate.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:47 pm

Camo123 wrote:

Yeah this is a really good point. If low on trades Garlick could be the better cash out, likely to at least give a few points as last resort in the run home and as you say handcuff for Grant. If you've got more trades punting on Fainu to make cash would be okay. Wolfy has more than most.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:48 pm

Cody Walker injured Quad at training today
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:55 pm

Looking like Dbags may get off.

Denied charges after reviewing CCTV.

Probably knock out a rage 100 this week.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:56 pm

Mulvy wrote:Latest thoughts are Holding Fifita and hoping he backs up from origin. Selling him doesn't really improve my team, I can field a decent team and still hold him. Looking at going Cleary to Moses and Luki to Ipap. Hoping to go Ford to Matto next week which will give me the three rd16 mids without having to risk Fainu. Holding Fifita also saves a trade which might be needed if Moses gets called up (I think the risk is low though so I'm getting this week).

Cook
    Haas Harris Horse
    Ipap Hosking
    Moses SJ
    Null Manu
    Ted Ponga Bula

8 trades 220k

Yeah, hold for you I think mate.
    EJ24
    EJ24

Post by EJ24 Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:10 pm

Hey guys, chasing some advice on my team with what to do with Cleary. I already have Sj and Hynes with Boyd as cover so I don't need to go another Half. Do I go for a Yeo or Bateman?

Team before trades looks like this 10 trades 90k ITB

Boyd
    Haas Horse Tatola
    Preston Hopgood
    Sj Hynes
    Taas Manu
    Teddy Bula Walsh

Turpin Oloapu Ponga Cleary
    Robson Luki JDB Burbo
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:12 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

I call BS on that

If they wanted to rest him as much as they could, they wouldn't have bothered playing him at all last weekend.

He has this week off, then Origin 2, then round 17 which is on the Sunday (good) against his old club (good) with no travel required as both Origin 2 and the Titans R17 game are in Brisbane. He will 100% start and probably play at least 60 mins if not the full 80 as long as he doesn't pick up something in Origin 2.

It's almost as good for him after Origin 3 as well, he plays the Sunday in R20 against Parra in Sydney (Origin 3 is also in Sydney), so he has two longer turnarounds after Origin and no extra travel required.

Origin 2 is 18 days after his last club appearance (last weekend when he played 30 minutes), so that should be plenty of rest for him.

I've got to say I don't really agree on your take.
    There's been a lot of anecdotes over the years that players find it hard to back up when it's a slightly longer time frame after Origin.

But anyway, my opinion really doesn't affect his minutes at all, so just looking at the facts as they are:

In 2021 Fifita was playing for the Titans under Justin Holbrook and played the first two Origins;

Rounds 1-12: Averaged 76.4 minutes per game (ten games)

Origin Game 1 (Wednesday in Townsville, QLD): Starting 2nd row - played 65 minutes
    Round 14 v Roosters (Saturday at CBUS, QLD): 3-day turnaround, Interchange - played 35 minutes

Round 15 played 80 minutes v Sea Eagles.

Origin Game 2 (Sunday at Suncorp, QLD): Interchange - played 53 minutes
    Round 16 v Raiders (Saturday at GIO, ACT): 6-day turnaround, Interchange - played 49 minutes

=======

Moving on to this year;
    Rounds 1-12: Averaged 77.8 minutes per game (eleven games) - pretty comparable to 2021

Origin Game 1 (Wednesday in Adelaide, SA): Starting 2nd row - played 71  minutes
    Round 14 v Rabbitohs (Saturday at CBUS, QLD): 3-day turnaround, Interchange - played 33 minutes

====

Maybe Holbrook gives Fifita 80 because it's a 4-day turnaround instead of 3, or maybe he does what he's done every other time so far, and starts him from the bench for 30, 40, 50 minutes?
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:26 pm

EJ24 wrote:Hey guys, chasing some advice on my team with what to do with Cleary. I already have Sj and Hynes with Boyd as cover so I don't need to go another Half. Do I go for a Yeo or Bateman?

Team before trades looks like this 10 trades 90k ITB

Boyd
    Haas Horse Tatola
    Preston Hopgood
    Sj Hynes
    Taas Manu
    Teddy Bula Walsh

Turpin Oloapu Ponga Cleary
    Robson Luki JDB Burbo

Wouldn’t get a third edge this close to 16 given you can only play 2, unless you plan to trade one of the other 2 before?
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:31 pm

Something I hadn't considered, what are Nanai's origin chances for game 2? Would be handy as a Luki owner.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:33 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:Something I hadn't considered, what are Nanai's origin chances for game 2? Would be handy as a Luki owner.

It was mentioned during the game on the 9 commentary, whether 1 match would be enough for Billy to pick him. Seemed like it wasn't out of the question.

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:13 am