NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 68 - Cooked

Finch
    Finch

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 68 - Cooked - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 68 - Cooked

Post by Finch Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:09 am

ytsb wrote:#mattcom3back!!!

Here's an e for you to copy and paste into your words so you don't have to use a 3

E

e
    Finch
    Finch

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 68 - Cooked - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 68 - Cooked

Post by Finch Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:13 am

SoylentGreen wrote:Got 10 playing this week (plus cover for SJ) and 1 trade left.

Only thing I'm really considering is to cashout Turpin to a CTR, WFB or 2RF, but given I've got Jed Cartwright already it would ideally be someone who is likely to stick around that I can use as an emergency scorer in future.

WFBs and CTRs are currently Drinkwater, Bula, Ponga, Manu, To'a & Ramien. I plan to sell one of them (probably Bula) to Tedesco after origin.
    EDGs are Bateman, Fifita and Hopgood (and Cartwright if he ever makes it back into the team).

Perhaps Haas of the Titans variety, some around here were saying he was ahead of Stimson in the pecking order, with Fifita on the other side

But that was with the old coach
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:17 am

Finch wrote:

Perhaps Haas of the Titans variety, some around here were saying he was ahead of Stimson in the pecking order, with Fifita on the other side

But that was with the old coach

That was more hopium than anything. Haas has never started ahead of Stimson

His only 2 starts were when Fifita was missing/benched and Stimson was also starting. Klese swapped sides with Stimson for one of those games, which made everyone excited but it was just a one off.
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:18 am

Need Bula and Hopgood to make 7k between them and next week can go Turpin, Bula, Hopgood, Johnson to Grant, Fifita, Cleary, DCE.

Not even sure how good that is, Hopgood and Johnson have been great but sure does make the team look nice and sparkly.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:24 am

the_great_wobbler wrote:Need Bula and Hopgood to make 7k between them and next week can go Turpin, Bula, Hopgood, Johnson to Grant, Fifita, Cleary, DCE.

Not even sure how good that is, Hopgood and Johnson have been great but sure does make the team look nice and sparkly.

Seems a waste to trade SJ to DCE when SJ is 4pts higher average.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:27 am

the_great_wobbler wrote:Need Bula and Hopgood to make 7k between them and next week can go Turpin, Bula, Hopgood, Johnson to Grant, Fifita, Cleary, DCE.

I don't like those trades mate but maybe I'm reading it wrong

Hopgood & SJ are season keepers basically
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:38 am

SoylentGreen wrote:

Seems a waste to trade SJ to DCE when SJ is 4pts higher average.

I think there's merit to that trade;
    DCE is likely to average add much as SJ for the run home, plus plays an extra game and liberates $100k+ to upgrade someone else
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:40 am

It was indeed a non-event. He called Rhino an asshole and a shithead. I've warned him about this exact thing before:

Mulvy wrote:

That's enough personal insults or you can have a rest.

rhinoceroo wrote:

You know what he means. Just ease up on the "dickheads", "idiots" and "morons" and I'm sure you'll be ok.

Chucky wrote:
    In the past few days you’ve called different members on here dickhead, moron, arsehole and shithead.
    I’m surprised you haven’t been banned already.
    I’m guessing you come from a low socio economic background, because you don’t seem to own anything.

Mulvy wrote:

You troll people all the time, I'm not sure whether it's obliviously or purposefully. He's trolling you and you're taking the bait. But directly calling someone a shithead, dickhead, idiot etc, not cool. Rein it in, or get a rest.

It's a minor ban, 24 hrs, for a minor offence. He can come back whenever he wants.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:45 am

Finch wrote:

I don't like those trades mate but maybe I'm reading it wrong

Hopgood & SJ are season keepers basically

With a full strength pack of RCG, Paulo, Hopgood, Ofahengaue, Matterson I have my doubts about Hopgood maintaining average/mins at 800k (basically reason was sold earlier in year)

Case of whether I can make Cleary moves with Hopgood out or lower rung guys like Preston/Tohu/NAS etc
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:49 am

wolfking wrote:

I like him too, a lot of his posts are insightful and helpful.  One would hope you'd just take the 24hr ban on the chin and carry on back into it.  Time will tell.

Mulvy did just ask why he said that Fifita wouldn't get awarded an OFH for the TA and he didn't respond and it went from there.  I'm still confused myself why he said that he wouldn't get it.  Definitely a non issue that one event but I don't think that was the sole reasoning Mulvy sat him down for a day.  We should all be able to see that.

I still can't understand why he just didn't say, "ah whoops, my bad" which would have ended it. Players standing in a tackle who offload the ball to the try scorer always get an offload and TA (sometimes a LBA too). So yeah that irked me, but ultimately wasn't the reason for banning.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:57 am

Mulvy wrote:

I still can't understand why he just didn't say, "ah whoops, my bad" which would have ended it. Players standing in a tackle who offload the ball to the try scorer always get an offload and TA (sometimes a LBA too). So yeah that irked me, but ultimately wasn't the reason for banning.

Where's the precedent for that? Very Happy

Post by Guest Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:58 am

A possibility Null Null returns to the edge permanently ?

Disregard, forgot about Kafusi
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:00 am

Khany wrote:A possibility Null Null returns to the edge permanently ?

Who knows? You would imagine Kafusi returns there next week. I'm holding this week but not making any long term plans around him being a starter.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:04 am

SoylentGreen wrote:Got 10 playing this week (plus cover for SJ) and 1 trade left.

Only thing I'm really considering is to cashout Turpin to a CTR, WFB or 2RF, but given I've got Jed Cartwright already it would ideally be someone who is likely to stick around that I can use as an emergency scorer in future.

WFBs and CTRs are currently Drinkwater, Bula, Ponga, Manu, To'a & Ramien. I plan to sell one of them (probably Bula) to Tedesco after origin.
    EDGs are Bateman, Fifita and Hopgood (and Cartwright if he ever makes it back into the team).

I also am looking at edge, cent or wfb. I have two trades and will use them both to get numbers, I think you should probably use yours too, 8 trades next week should be enough unless you went extra hard at byes and have a team of trade outs.

I've only just started looking. Seems like it's pretty hard to pick someone from the Tigers or Bulldogs. With Api and Brooks out I think Tigers might be in for a bit more pain yet. Will Sexton turn the Bulldogs around? I wouldn't have though he makes much difference. I could get JDB or Tapine too via dpps, but then misses rd 20. That leaves Sharks/Titans. Considering Nikora/Mulitalo but don't love it and as I say, have only just started looking. Hope that helps if only a little.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:11 am

Khany wrote:A possibility Null Null returns to the edge permanently ?

Disregard, forgot about Kafusi

Lem started before Kaufusi got injured last week. He’s basically in a shootout with Ese’Ese relying on KBrom to play middle

If you hold this week I think he’s a good regards of situation now due to losing all cash
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:26 am

Camo123 wrote:

With a full strength pack of RCG, Paulo, Hopgood, Ofahengaue, Matterson I have my doubts about Hopgood maintaining average/mins at 800k (basically reason was sold earlier in year)

Case of whether I can make Cleary moves with Hopgood out or lower rung guys like Preston/Tohu/NAS etc

Next week I need to decide out of Hopgood, Tohu, Sorensen, Preston, Bateman who to trade out for Fifita. Id hate to sell Sorensen only for him to keep getting 80 mins and keep Hopgood and Hopgoods minutes to get managed when para are back at full strength
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:28 am

easytiger wrote:

I think there's merit to that trade;
    DCE is likely to average add much as SJ for the run home, plus plays an extra game and liberates $100k+ to upgrade someone else

Selling SJ would be a massive anti pod move, especially with all the home games Warriors have coming up and their run home.
    Is anyone considering running Hynes, Cleary, SJ and DCE?
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:29 am

Mulvy wrote:

I also am looking at edge, cent or wfb. I have two trades and will use them both to get numbers, I think you should probably use yours too, 8 trades next week should be enough unless you went extra hard at byes and have a team of trade outs.

I've only just started looking. Seems like it's pretty hard to pick someone from the Tigers or Bulldogs. With Api and Brooks out I think Tigers might be in for a bit more pain yet. Will Sexton turn the Bulldogs around? I wouldn't have though he makes much difference. I could get JDB or Tapine too via dpps, but then misses rd 20. That leaves Sharks/Titans. Considering Nikora/Mulitalo but don't love it and as I say, have only just started looking. Hope that helps if only a little.

Not sure on finances and Rd 20 targets, but I think in your spot I'd go Cook to Nikora, IPap or Preston and maybe Cogger/Koula to Ramien or Lomax. Feel like guys you could keep for the rest of the season.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:36 am

Also if SJ's out, I think Boyd is a better pick than a CTR or WFB. I might even grab him still if Hands scores crap.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:36 am

Honey Badger wrote:

Selling SJ would be a massive anti pod move, especially with all the home games Warriors have coming up and their run home.
    Is anyone considering running Hynes, Cleary, SJ and DCE?

I am, already have Hynes SJ DCE

Not sure who goes for Cleary yet, but I’m sure an injury will decide that for me

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:05 am