NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 68 - Cooked

RandomSil
    RandomSil

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 68 - Cooked - Page 12 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 68 - Cooked

Post by RandomSil Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:57 am

standard-issue wrote:
    RandomSil wrote:Looking at burning trades and getting Kris, Averillo, and Whare in. Although it feels like too much cash in mid guys and may swap one to Munro for some extra cash. They also may be only short term buys as I want to get in Fifita, Cleary and Grant in. (Not sure where that cash is coming from.)

I legit went straight to MTB's site to see if Dean Whare was back in the NRL as a 220k DPP cashout  Embarassed

Not sure who you are trading out, but you have to be very short on cover in higher scoring possies if you bring those 3 in?

In terms of cover..

Hopgood EDG/MID
    Ponga WFB/HLF (until Cleary returns)
    CTR/WFB covered with the above guys.

The only issue would be HOK.

I could also grab Simpkin if it looks like Johnson is out instead and have him for long term cover.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 68 - Cooked - Page 12 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 68 - Cooked

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:13 am

RandomSil wrote:

In terms of cover..

Hopgood EDG/MID

I could also grab Simpkin if it looks like Johnson is out instead  and have him for long term cover.

Wouldn't Hands be better long-term cover? I know his scoring isn't great, but he should be there until the end of the season, while Simpkin is time-limited by Api return.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:41 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    The advantage Brimson has is obviously playing FB and the valuable DPP but Titans draw isn’t so easy.

Brimson would likely be my 18th man on run home question is would I be happy to have a winger as my 18th man I’m not so sure… in saying that both of the 2 have avg about 40 the last two years.

Hhhmmm very tough decision. Sharks play Tigers, Titans, Knights on run home he could go big in all of these games.

Also mate how has Piakura been playing do you think he holds that spot the next 6 weeks whilst Riki is out? If I get Mulitalo I’d be missing out on Kris and grabbing Piakura as a cash out next week.

Did you end up going to day 4 of the last test if so how was it?

I haven’t been overseas before but 3 countries I’m keen on are England, NZ and Fiji on my bucket list.

Let me know when you’re in England kid
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:10 am

rhinoceroo wrote:
    RandomSil wrote:

In terms of cover..

Hopgood EDG/MID

I could also grab Simpkin if it looks like Johnson is out instead  and have him for long term cover.

Wouldn't Hands be better long-term cover? I know his scoring isn't great, but he should be there until the end of the season, while Simpkin is time-limited by Api return.

This is why I post all my fantasy related thoughts here just incase I make rookie errors.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:54 am

Like others have mentioned I don't base a trip around sports but try to catch a game on location. Have been to a bull fight in Spain, sumo in Japan and baseball in USA. Ticket connection fell through for lucha libre in Mexico
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:44 am

Aardvark wrote:

I only caught the start* of the kerfuffle did it culminate in Mulvy giving Matt a holiday?

*I found myself atypically reacting to the grandiose scale of the self serving bias so had to give myself a rest

I tend to stay clear from all this sort of stuff, but while it might be an unpopular opinion it seemed like a bit of a non-event imo. 

He just posted some players and their scores and was come at for supposedly deliberately posting players he didn't own that downdated and one updated player that he did own. Personally think its reading a lot into it to think that was all some deliberate f-you to half the forum but seems I'm in the minority there (also if it actually happened to be deliberate, who gives a shit? It really doesn't bother me if someone wants to call out that my player lost 4 points)

His response after that was a little bit of an issue of course with some name calling and that's what he got a break for but nothing too extreme.

I know he often brings a lot of stuff on himself but I don't think that was one of them.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:02 am

What are other Sloan owners doing?

I guess we just hold him now, despite missing next two weeks?
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:10 am

Finch wrote:What are other Sloan owners doing?

I guess we just hold him now, despite missing next two weeks?

Pretty hard luck for Sloan owners with him missing his first game of the season the one round you really want him for... At least he went really well the last two weeks for you.

Would have to be a pretty good case to trade him for most teams with him missing the next two. Especially if you have 2 or 3 other Raiders/Dragons/Rabbitohs next week.

Last edited by BCT05 on Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    SaveTheCheerleader
    SaveTheCheerleader

Post by SaveTheCheerleader Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:12 am

BCT05 wrote:

I tend to stay clear from all this sort of stuff, but while it might be an unpopular opinion it seemed like a bit of a non-event imo. 

100%. Very tough.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:13 am

BCT05 wrote:

Pretty hard luck for Sloan owners with him missing his first game of the season the one round you really want him for... At least he went really well the last two weeks. 

Would have to be a pretty good case to trade him for most teams with him missing the next two. Especially if you have 2 or 3 other Raiders/Dragons/Rabbitohs next week.

His price is quite low though not really anyone worth trading him too imo, but I'll keep an eye on it

Hopefully we find out more this week regarding how long he's out, did they say anything about the length or just mention the calf injury?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:16 am

BCT05 wrote:

He just posted some players and their scores and was come at for supposedly deliberately posting players he didn't own that downdated and one updated player that he did own. Personally think its reading a lot into it to think that was all some deliberate f-you to half the forum but seems I'm in the minority there (also if it actually happened to be deliberate, who gives a shit? It really doesn't bother me if someone wants to call out that my player lost 4 points)

His response after that was a little bit of an issue of course with some name calling and that's what he got a break for but nothing too extreme.

I know he often brings a lot of stuff on himself but I don't think that was one of them.

He posted the score updates and I said him just posting his own update and everyone else's downdate is one of the reasons why he rubs a lot of people up the wrong way. It wasn't much of a comment and it might have been reading too much into it to think it was deliberate, but it was a very Matt move nonetheless.

In response to this possibly helpful advice, he then called me an asshole and a shithead, and that's what he got a 24-hour ban for. Actually, I think he got the ban because it's far from the first time he's used those names and more against people who question his relentless posts... I'm in pretty good company, fantasy-wise.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:20 am

He's called me an asshole a few times......but......uh.......he has a point.

I think the 24 hour ban was fine. You simply can't say what you please but call people shitheads when you get a bit of stick in return.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:23 am

RandomSil wrote:

This is why I post all my fantasy related thoughts here just incase I make rookie errors.

I for one am deeply grateful you do, and would appreciate you continuing.

It's like getting sportsmanship advice from Broad; listen carefully and then do the exact opposite.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:29 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

He posted the score updates and I said him just posting his own update and everyone else's downdate is one of the reasons why he rubs a lot of people up the wrong way. It wasn't much of a comment and it might have been reading too much into it to think it was deliberate, but it was a very Matt move nonetheless.

In response to this possibly helpful advice, he then called me an asshole and a shithead, and that's what he got a 24-hour ban for. Actually, I think he got the ban because it's far from the first time he's used those names and more against people who question his relentless posts... I'm in pretty good company, fantasy-wise.

wolfking wrote:He's called me an asshole a few times......but......uh.......he has a point.

I think the 24 hour ban was fine.  You simply can't say what you please but call people shitheads when you get a bit of stick in return.

Yeah I get that, no need to call people an asshole/shithead, that part I agree with. 

But it's just unfortunate that's the way it went because I don't think he did anything to warrant the initial call-out is all. I think calling it helpful advice is a stretch Rhino.

Anyway, hopefully he is back around shortly posting about sub-gun PODs for the run home.
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:34 am

matt is the baron munchausen of fantasy nrl, trying to escape his fantasy quagmire by pulling his own hair up

I like matt. If you don't you can at least objectively see he is a poster child for the dangers of personal biases and subjectivity
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:50 am

Yeah, I like having Matt around too despite the fact he was starting to grate on me this weekend (mainly because I was having a lot of ‘bad luck’ 😉).

The solution to getting wound up is always to take a bit of a self imposed break (you bunch of asshole shitheads)
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:51 am

Aardvark wrote:Yeah, I like having Matt around too despite the fact he was starting to grate on me this weekend (mainly because I was having a lot of ‘bad luck’ 😉).

The solution to getting wound up is always to take a bit of a self imposed break (you bunch of asshole shitheads)

Or just block/anyone else you don't wanna see from
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:02 am

BCT05 wrote:

Yeah I get that, no need to call people an asshole/shithead, that part I agree with. 

But it's just unfortunate that's the way it went because I don't think he did anything to warrant the initial call-out is all. I think calling it helpful advice is a stretch Rhino.

Anyway, hopefully he is back around shortly posting about sub-gun PODs for the run home.

I like him too, a lot of his posts are insightful and helpful. One would hope you'd just take the 24hr ban on the chin and carry on back into it. Time will tell.

Mulvy did just ask why he said that Fifita wouldn't get awarded an OFH for the TA and he didn't respond and it went from there. I'm still confused myself why he said that he wouldn't get it. Definitely a non issue that one event but I don't think that was the sole reasoning Mulvy sat him down for a day. We should all be able to see that.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:06 am

#mattcom3back!!!
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:09 am

Got 10 playing this week (plus cover for SJ) and 1 trade left.

Only thing I'm really considering is to cashout Turpin to a CTR, WFB or 2RF, but given I've got Jed Cartwright already it would ideally be someone who is likely to stick around that I can use as an emergency scorer in future.

WFBs and CTRs are currently Drinkwater, Bula, Ponga, Manu, To'a & Ramien. I plan to sell one of them (probably Bula) to Tedesco after origin.
    EDGs are Bateman, Fifita and Hopgood (and Cartwright if he ever makes it back into the team).

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:38 am