NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 79 - Refs own goal

Robertneville
    Robertneville

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 79 - Refs own goal - Page 23 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 79 - Refs own goal

Post by Robertneville Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:12 am

Rabbits21 wrote:No Worries covered some of it. Aside though Trell pulled himself out of the round 21 game against Brisbane he just said I’m not playing and Jai Arrow blasted him in front of the whole group. Trell was in a pub on the Central Coast in the arvo day before our game against the Knights. Cody and JD had an argument Cody wanted Ilias dropped etc….. Cook stood up for Lachy etc….. there is tension between Cody and Damien now. Cody has walked out of some training sessions early.

JD thinks Sam has been too hard on the players etc… JD and Sam have massively clashed heads.
    Personally I’m not sure JD is tough enough and can manage the players.

It is quite the mess. Makes me wonder has JD lost the dressing room. I noticed now he’s got rid of his Twitter account.

Anyway it’s all miserable been a big few days I’m appalled. Something tells me we haven’t hit rock bottom yet either. I’ve suspected something hasn’t been right for a while.

I think Sam will be our head coach down the track though.

There is quite an easy way to fix Souths issues currently, it is so simple I can't believe nobody has thought of it before...

We just kick Souths out of the competition.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 79 - Refs own goal - Page 23 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 79 - Refs own goal

Post by wolfking Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:38 am

I've never really had much faith in JD. Something about him and I've just never had any confidence in him as a coach. Don't think he has it in him to manage the personalities like Cody and Latrell.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:01 am

Makes you wonder if Wighton really was bought to play centre next year too? It's clear IMO that Ilias aint at the level they need.

Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:01 am

Any updates on Teddy's chances of playing next round? If their seasons on the line they'll really be wanting him out there eh?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:48 am

Robertneville wrote:

There is quite an easy way to fix Souths issues currently, it is so simple I can't believe nobody has thought of it before...

Post more
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:52 am

Robertneville wrote:

Tried it once, the high court has a lot to answer for
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:11 am

wolfking wrote:I've never really had much faith in JD.  Something about him and I've just never had any confidence in him as a coach.  Don't think he has it in him to manage the personalities like Cody and Latrell.

Uk team promoted (player-coach)
    Won Qld Cup
    Assistant when Cowboys won the comp
    Won NSW Cup
    Assistant Broncos + Souths under Bennett
    One game from GF first season

At this point, if you don’t have faith in this guy I’m not sure what coach anywhere near being on the market would give you faith.

At the end of the day, this argument is that CV vs Sam Burgess, who has coached for about 5 mins
    Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:40 am

With Edwards and Turava out does that hurt or help To'o

I have 657k to spend on a wfb or C as my last trade

Probably looking at him or Farnworth.

That would mean I load up on 3 Broncos

Murray to Haas
    Teddy to Walsh
    Edwards to To'o/Farnworth

I could alternatively go cheaper in the other 2 spots but Haas off a bye seems great and same for Walsh who is underpriced

H2H grandfinal this week.
    precursor
    precursor

Post by precursor Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:47 am

Welsh Mafia wrote:Any updates on Teddy's chances of playing next round? If their seasons on the line they'll really be wanting him out there eh?

You'd think if fit he'd be a certainty to suit up surely. I think they're a chance of making the 8, can't see why they wouldn't want Teddy out there against Souths. Unless I'm missing something
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:01 am

robelgordo wrote:

Uk team promoted (player-coach)
    Won Qld Cup
    Assistant when Cowboys won the comp
    Won NSW Cup
    Assistant Broncos + Souths under Bennett
    One game from GF first season

At this point, if you don’t have faith in this guy I’m not sure what coach anywhere near being on the market would give you faith.

At the end of the day, this argument is that CV vs Sam Burgess, who has coached for about 5 mins

I'm not disputing his CV, just a personal opinion on what I see with the current playing group.  Although, winning in QLD cup and being an assistant coach I'm sure are two different kettles of fish to being a first grade coach, but what would I know.

Just because of someone's experience, sometimes it doesn't always work out with a certain group of characters like anything in management.  Since being at Souths, we haven't seen anywhere near the best of what Latrell should be delivering.  It's clear he's there for the paycheck.  If he had faith and respect for the coach, he'd be giving a lot more than his is to the team and the club.

I have no real opinion on Burgess and him leaving and all that, but on the field, we know his work ethic, so if thinks things aren't good from a training perspective, there has to be something to that.  Perhaps him leaving is exactly what the club needs but we won't know until next year and no one really knows what result that will bring or what effect that will have moving forward.  Would I like to see him coach the club......probably not, but see how he's goes next year.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:44 am

The Shire shamelessly taking the piss out of another site for using Chat GTP to write an article like most of their content isn't unedited & often nonsensical transcripts from their TV content

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrlw-match-report-published-after-author-forgets-to-remove-chatgpt-prompts/news-story/13aa9b48bb0fc10dfe79aeb6c50381a2
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:34 am

Can't afford Gagai unfortunately, so with 671k, need to find a Centre and have somehow ended up with Herbie.

Seems to be very consistent this year and even though Staggs has GK, I think Herbie scores better without Reyno.

Am I missing an obvious option? Can basically afford anyone except Gagai.

Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:44 am

Welsh Mafia wrote:Can't afford Gagai unfortunately, so with 671k, need to find a Centre and have somehow ended up with Herbie.

Seems to be very consistent this year and even though Staggs has GK, I think Herbie scores better without Reyno.

Am I missing an obvious option? Can basically afford anyone except Gagai.

Assuming you have Manu then Herbie with the best average coming off a rest seems the best option.
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:48 am

Ok so this week is a confusing one for me. 2 trades left and scraping for warm bodies in a H2H semi that I’m still a chance of winning

So questions are who to trade basically out of Rueben, teddy, Garrick, Kris, Murray, cool to a lesser degree. With this week and next week in mind as well

Teddy over garrick probably the play but teddy virtually guaranteed for next week but is garrick. Can play through pain with an injection but nothing to play for..

Preston probably the other one. Would be stoked if 1 or both of garrick and Kris can come back from the dead for me

Then next question is who to get with roughly 1.45mil to spend? 1 can be anything and 1 needs to be a centre/WFB. I liked the to’o shout.

First thoughts were teddy and Preston to haas and Walsh/Kiraz/suaalii/brimson

Thoughts and prayers much needed and appreciated. Thanks in advance

Team:
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:03 am

Holzman wrote:

Assuming you have Manu then Herbie with the best average coming off a rest seems the best option.

Yep got Manu as the other.

Cheers mate
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:19 am

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:Ok so this week is a confusing one for me. 2 trades left and scraping for warm bodies in a H2H semi that I’m still a chance of winning

So questions are who to trade basically out of Rueben, teddy, Garrick, Kris, Murray, cool to a lesser degree. With this week and next week in mind as well

Teddy over garrick probably the play but teddy virtually guaranteed for next week but is garrick. Can play through pain with an injection but nothing to play for..

Preston probably the other one. Would be stoked if 1 or both of garrick and Kris can come back from the dead for me

Then next question is who to get with roughly 1.45mil to spend? 1 can be anything and 1 needs to be a centre/WFB. I liked the to’o shout.

First thoughts were teddy and Preston to haas and Walsh/Kiraz/suaalii/brimson

Thoughts and prayers much needed and appreciated. Thanks in advance

Team:

I wouldn't be relying on Garrick next week mate. Their seasons over and he has a 'broken back'. No reason for him to play through the pain at all.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:32 am

Oh FFS.

Just saw the Edwards news, there goes my last trade I guess.

Can afford up to 557 to replace him so between Kiraz or Sualii I guess. Leaning Sualii I think.
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:39 am

Welsh Mafia wrote:

I wouldn't be relying on Garrick next week mate. Their seasons over and he has a 'broken back'.  No reason for him to play through the pain at all.

So you’re on Garrick out over teddy even with Garrick listed in the reserves and supposedly a chance of playing? Trying to figure out who to ditch with this week and a potential GF next week in mind has wrinkled my brain
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:44 am

Supposedly was on ch9 that Garrick's back cant be made any worse, and its just a pain thing, so i guess there is a chance he does play.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:05 pm

my tv broke wrote:Supposedly was on ch9 that Garrick's back cant be made any worse, and its just a pain thing, so i guess there is a chance he does play.

It’s just the strain of carrying everyone’s WFB with Latrell/Teddy/Edwards out

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:45 am